CA CA - JOSEPH NASO, once a suspect in NY Alphabet Murders, now on trial in California

Since there was dna and a print saved from the Rochester murders, it seems likely that we would have heard by now if Naso had killed all of these victims.... Strange. MOO In terms of statistical probabilities, the chances of it being a coincidence that these victims had the same first and last initials, well, it's highly unlikely... MOO

With all of that info/evidence and the pictures and women's belongings it sounds like they may be able to solve a lot more missing/unsolved cases. Here's to hoping that other families finally getting answers.

"It took five detectives eight weeks to go through and document this evidence," said Detective Richard Brown of the Nevada Department of Public Safety.
But Naso, after listening to a daylong cataloging of his confiscated photographs and property, demanded to know why it was relevant to the charges of murder.
"Your honor, who's paying for all this entertainment?" he objected. "None of these people are deceased.
"This is my private work, my photography," he added. "What happens in the privacy of a home is to be sacred privacy. ... The whole thing is kind of disgusting."
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19727373

Sick just sick!! Vicious rapist and serial killer!! Much of it documented and photographed(and yes the dead victims were photographed).. This man is sick.. He's 78 and he's representing himself in court!! He's a mean and evil bast*** you can see it in his eyes and face!!

Wow.

Just wow.

I'm always glad when the nutjobs act as their own lawyers just to hear the wackadoodle things they say to try to defend themselves. He's doing a bang-up job of digging his own grave in court, isn't he? This guy's going down. As he should!

I have been spending many hours researching, and following the Naso case/pre-lim. I firmly believe that this guy is a prolific serial killer. In doing background research on Naso: Lived in N CA., inc., Oak; SFO;Yuba City; Sac. Moved to Reno in mid 1990's. Born in Elmira NY, and travelled to E Coast, regularly. I am pulling a comlete background check that should have more exact dates.

He is being arraigned Feb 3, for the killing of 4 women with the same initials. (Alliterative) In researching the N CA area, there are many more women missing with alliterative initials. (Denise Dorfman; Diane Dye; Ngol Noa; Pam Pedro; Mary Ann Mccluskey (Hogland); Cindy Cook; Heather Hibbs; Kimberlie Kay Kantonen; Kristi Krebs; Sally Sims; Sally Anne Schneider (San Anselmo); Sylvia Standley )

See: For others. http://www.redding.com/databases/missing/california/

Two Tahoe cold cases: Kathleen Keohane and Marina Mitchell.
Also, Reno area cold cases: Cindy Cook of Reno, and Julia Woodward and Jeannie Smith of Lemmon Valley, where Naso lived.
Also Missing: Khym Scruggs (Sacramento) Dena McHan (Sacramento)

There were also the 70's "Santa Rosa Hitch hiker Murders" that are unsolved. Naso was in N CA dutring this time. The M.O.'s are similar. The SRO H.H's were strangled. See: http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com/

There was another young women found in Healdsburg on Jan 24, 1983. (This one is NOT listed on Namus or Doe Net.)

In his safety deposit box he had a list/pics of 10 women. 4 ID'd, for which he is charged. He also mentions Berkeley CA, and Girl from "Mt Tam". I think i found two missing from that area: A 6yo black girl Tracy Anderson, from San Rafael.
2) Katrina Ashford (19) was possibly involved in a prostitution ring in the San Francisco Bay Area. In July 1972 she disappeared in San Rafael.

Naso worked at a PHOTO Shop in Berkeley.
5-20-76 Lynn Ruth Connes: She had gone to meet with a photographer named "Jeff", on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley, who had answered her ad for a photographer's model. Lynn ALSO worked in Marin County.

There are a bunch of unsolved/Unid'd young women in N. CA. I have not had a chance to thoroughly check in (Reno) NV.
If someone can check Reno and other areas for SK clusters, it would be great.
This helps to find patterns:
http://www.scrippsnews.com/projects/serial-killers/find-serial-killers

See the sketch of the suspect in this case: Karen Marie Mitchell. Dead ringer for Naso:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1863dfca.html

Joseph Naso's son Charles J Naso did have a Santa Rosa address at one point. I am not sure if maybe Joseph also lived at that address, too.

Also there was a woman with a double initial name that went missing in 1982 from Sonoma County. She has not been found to the best of my knowledge.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carter_cheryl.html

Thanks for Cheryl Carter, Debra.

So, FIVE girls MISSING from Sonoma County: Cheryl Carter- 9-7-82
(Santa Rosa) Cheryl Wyant-5-1-78 (Rohnert Park) , Mary Anne Hogland-McCluskey 7-81(Santa Rosa) , Jackie Kay Boyer 5-21-80(Windsor) and Jeanette Kamahele 4-25-72(Cotati). This is a SMALL area. A Lot of girls.

I can't find a SRO address for Naso. I see mention on the web, but no addy, yet. Will wait for formal background check. Son, Charles J. is a dependent adult. Perhaps Dad was using his name.

There were also TWO UnID'd women's bodies found in Sonoma County.

One was found in the same site as the SRHH's (also called the SR CoEd's)
She was found in July 1979, and the postulated (then) DoD was approx 1972-3(I need to see if there is an update on the DoD.)

The other is the January 24, 1983 woman found in Foss Creek, Healdsburg. The locals are checking that with Naso's info. She was exhumed.
I have little info on this body.

I just found the S.O.'s report for Victim Kim Wendy Allen (S R HH's) She was last seen hitch hiking in SAN RAFAEL. She also was raped,and there was semen present. This could be the Naso MT TAM reference. (Mt Tam is in San Rafael) ( I hope my local L.E. are looking into this.....)
Common thread on the SR HH's: hwy 101, and the perp dumped them in rural areas, miles from 101. He had to know the area.

This is making me sick. Reading the reports on the bodies.....horrible.

Thanks for Cheryl Carter, Debra.

So, FIVE girls MISSING from Sonoma County: Cheryl Carter- 9-7-82
(Santa Rosa) Cheryl Wyant-5-1-78 (Rohnert Park) , Mary Anne Hogland-McCluskey 7-81(Santa Rosa) , Jackie Kay Boyer 5-21-80(Windsor) and Jeanette Kamahele 4-25-72(Cotati). This is a SMALL area. A Lot of girls.

I can't find a SRO address for Naso. I see mention on the web, but no addy, yet. Will wait for formal background check. Son, Charles J. is a dependent adult. Perhaps Dad was using his name.

There were also TWO UnID'd women's bodies found in Sonoma County.

One was found in the same site as the SRHH's (also called the SR CoEd's)
She was found in July 1979, and the postulated (then) DoD was approx 1972-3(I need to see if there is an update on the DoD.)

The other is the January 24, 1983 woman found in Foss Creek, Healdsburg. The locals are checking that with Naso's info. She was exhumed.
I have little info on this body.

I just found the S.O.'s report for Victim Kim Wendy Allen (S R HH's) She was last seen hitch hiking in SAN RAFAEL. She also was raped,and there was semen present. This could be the Naso MT TAM reference. (Mt Tam is in San Rafael) ( I hope my local L.E. are looking into this.....)
Common thread on the SR HH's: hwy 101, and the perp dumped them in rural areas, miles from 101. He had to know the area.

This is making me sick. Reading the reports on the bodies.....horrible.

Yes, those can often be horrible. Have you contacted your local LE with this? Any response from them?If not have you talked to any reporters? If you keep making calls with clear facts, someone will listen at some point.....

I did not put this thread with the NY ALPHABET thread, b/c as of this date, NASO has not been implicated in any way with the NY Crimes. The title of this thread is inaccurate, for that reason.

And, there is a strong likelihood that Naso is involved in the SR HH's multiple murders. Hence, the name of my thread.

I am a PI/JD//Legal researcher in N CA., and wanted to focus on the N CA/Reno issues with NASO.

If you could repost this by itself, again, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I too had the hair stand up on the back of my neck when this guy was arrested in Reno.

Hopefully the police make some of the photos public, after his trial, and conviction. Like other agencies have done.

It would be interesting to find out more about his physical appearance in the early '70's. There were possible sightings of men with some of the SRHM victims. Particularly, I white male with an afro style haircut.

This guy Naso is a very scary monster, he almost made it his entire life without answering for his crimes, because he is not a young man.

(I agree there should be a sepparate thread called Naso: SRHM

"[P]olice investigators acknowledge that they have no information connecting him to Rochester's crimes.

His DNA does not match that from the Walkowicz slaying — the one in which police have genetic evidence. Nor did the stash of his writings, which allegedly led authorities to connect him to the northern California slayings, mention the Rochester killings."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...seph-Naso-Rochester-s-Double-Initial-killings

"[P]olice investigators acknowledge that they have no information connecting him to Rochester's crimes.

His DNA does not match that from the Walkowicz slaying — the one in which police have genetic evidence. Nor did the stash of his writings, which allegedly led authorities to connect him to the northern California slayings, mention the Rochester killings."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...seph-Naso-Rochester-s-Double-Initial-killings
True, but the investigation into the Rochester murders is part of the story on Naso. With that out of the way for now, we can move on to your theory about the other possibly related murders. I'd love to hear more.

There is pretty solid evidence that Naso killed 4 women in Northern Calif between 1972 and 1993. There are extensive writing by Naso describing killings and horrific acts against women. The writings include references to the 4 who are known to be murder victims (one with DNA linked to Naso) and references to six other women who may also be victims. None have been identified. Naso lived in Northern Calif (and later Nevada) since about 1970. The four known victims have first and last initials that are the same.

In Naso's native Rochester NY, in 1970-74, there was a well documented series of killing involving young girls with the same first and last initials. Although he had moved to California by that time, he was known to have periodically returned. His DNA is not a match for the one girl with useable biological evidence. This would tend to rule him out as the perp but raises possibility of a "copycat/imitation" motive. 4 victims, all with the same first and last initial seems an improbable but not all together impossible coincidence.

There are many missing girls and the unsolved homicides of young women in the San Francisco Bay area from 1970 to the present. Could Naso be responsible for some of these? The Santa Rosa Hitchhike Murders; the killing of 8 women in a two year period in 1972-73, are particularly interesting. What is needed is to compare cases of missing and murdered women with where Naso was living at the time.

Naso has claimed the writings were just "fantasies" and one woman has been identified that was the subject of lengthy accounts of sexual violence but Naso never actually harmed her. In addition, it is believed that the 4 known victims were all prostitutes, yet very few missing or murdered women in Northern California were prostitutes.

Naso will probably be convicted of one or more of the 4 killings and spend the rest of his life in prison. At 78, he is unlikely to live long enough to be executed.

That's a nice recap, Kemo. You've summed up the entire thread in a few paragraphs and put the case in perspective. Thank you!

What I wouldn't give to see that list. Of the ten known and probable murders, we have these facts on the four for which Naso stands accused.

#3 -- 01/11/1977, Roxene Roggasch, 18, body found in Fairfax
#4 -- 08/13/1978, Carmen Colon, 22, body found near Port Costa
#9 -- 09/19/1993, Pamela Parsons, 38, body found in Yuba City near Marysville
#10 -- 09/06/1994, Tracey Tafoya, 31, body found in Marysville

http://millvalley.patch.com/articles/unsealed-docs-detail-probable-cause-for-nasos-murder-arrest

So I'd work within the framework of what we know and focus on women with double initials; who went missing or were murdered prior to 1977, probably beginning around 1973-74, and later between 1979-93; in locations where Naso was known to live or frequent; and keep my eyes peeled for any hints of photography.

That's not to say he didn't commit murders outside of that timeframe. Who knows what he did in Reno after the mid-90's. And I wouldn't rule out the SRHH murders or other northern California murders if the dots connect. It will be interesting to see what new facts might be revealed from the evidence at trial.

ETA: link for references to other locations

Wednesday, January 11, 2011
Jacobs said he and another probation officer, who will testify Wednesday, also found a list containing 10 unnamed "girls" followed by a geographic location. The list of locations included, "Near Port Costa, near Loganitas (sic), near Mt. Tam, near Berkeley, near Heldsburg (sic), Mendocino County," and a Yuba County location.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Gruesome-Details-Emerge-in-Joseph-Naso-Hearing-137098208.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back