Found Deceased CA - Juan Carlos "Cookie" Hernandez, 21, Los Angeles, 22 Sept 2020 *arrest*

As family honors missing student, questions arise on law enforcement, elected officials - El Camino College The Union
On Thursday, Oct. 15, around noon on the corner of San Pedro and seventh street, the Hernández family, along with friends and volunteers, set up tables and organized an assembly line to feed the homeless community in the Skid Row area, using some of the funds they received in their fundraiser.

“Since we’ve been heavily talking with them [the homeless], we decided it would be a sort of good idea to give back to them because they’ve never asked for anything in return,” Joseph Hernández, Juan Carlos Hernández’s older brother, said. “And so this is how we decided to celebrate and honor my brother.”

One by one, each homeless person was given a bag filled with food and supplies.

The Hernández family provided them with first-aid kits comprised of deodorant, nail clippers, pads, lotion, anti-bacterial gel, washcloths, and more. From there, they were given toilet paper, chips, fruit snacks, mini muffins and fresh fruits and water, among other things.

“I know it’s not a lot, but it’s something,” Yajaira Hernández said.

A smaller missing person flyer was included in every first-aid kit for future reference. Yajaira Hernández said any leftover supplies would be donated to a nearby mission.

]@yajaira hernandez you and your family are seriously amazing[/B].
BBM
I agree-- @yajaira hernandez -- you continue to amaze me with your strength, love and hope.
You have rocked it with the groups, website, vigil, sharing and caring for the homeless and all you have done to help find Juan.
You, my dear lady, are a hero and one amazing woman.

I thought I would share this with everyone here.

thank you everyone for your support and interest with finding my son Juan.
Glad to see John Lordan did a show on Juan.
His BrainScratch commentaries are great and a good way to get the word out for a missing person.

Im really shocked they cannot seem to verify him leaving the dispensary after work? Inside and out they cover every inch of the property with security cameras, not to mention every single dispensary I've visited in IL, CO, CA, WA, and OR have security on staff and present at all times. curious to know if anyone has every experienced something different...
just a few thoughts...

MOO

YES, THIS. LE must know more than has been released, and there are probably some ideas were can't post about here because no one has been posited as a POI.

How well did he really know his co-workers, and their friends, I wonder... Just curious how worried they must be for their friend and co-worker...

BBM
I agree-- @yajaira hernandez -- you continue to amaze me with your strength, love and hope.
You have rocked it with the groups, website, vigil, sharing and caring for the homeless and all you have done to help find Juan.
You, my dear lady, are a hero and one amazing woman.
Thank you. Im no hero. I’m a desperate mom trying to find her son. But thank you!

YES, THIS. LE must know more than has been released, and there are probably some ideas were can't post about here because no one has been posited as a POI.

How well did he really know his co-workers, and their friends, I wonder... Just curious how worried they must be for their friend and co-worker...

from what I know. They were just coworkers. His friends were outside the shop.

I was reading the thread we have here on a man missing in Dallas, TX under somewhat similar circumstances. In his case, he left early in the morning to work out at the gym, is seen on surveillance leaving the gym. He was expected to go back home, as he had an early work conference call scheduled at 7 AM. He never made it back. His car was eventually found, but with no sign of him. Recent video was found of him filling his car at a nearby gas station after he left the gym. After that, he just seems to have disappeared.
TX - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

I wish surveillance video of Juan would surface from somewhere after he left work! Juan may have been going straight home, but maybe he would have gone to fill up the car like this other case (since he sounds like such a thoughtful son), or maybe he wanted to stop to pick up something to eat or drink.

Anyway, I’m trying to follow the TX case for ideas.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...leaving-la-fitness-dallas-22-oct-2020.549143/

Protest held as family of missing student demands answers from police, local politicians - El Camino College The Union

opener-1-900x600.jpg

“[I’ve] done it through the book, I’ve given them time, I’ve been patient, but when is it enough? My son is out there, alive or dead, and no one, it seems that no one is doing anything to bring him back home,” Yajaira Hernández said.

A single officer dressed in black peaked from the top of the steps at City Hall, quietly watching the peaceful protest and avoiding attention. When Yajaira Hernández passed the microphone over to her sister, Stephanie Mendoza, Mendoza quickly turned to address the officer.

“I know you hear me, and I have nothing personal with you but we are different, and I know that your people can do more than what we could do,” Mendoza said. “I see you, that’s what you people do, you hide behind a brick wall. You guys hide behind a building, you guys hide behind your badge. That makes you feel powerful, right?”

use-3-900x600.jpg

The peaceful protest remained active for several hours but did not receive any answers from LAPD despite a few people observing the protest from inside the building. Yajaira Hernández said she’s been inside LAPD Headquarters many times as the Robbery-Homicide Unit is located there.

The Union called LAPD Media Relations five times and emailed them once over the span of a week, but they failed to comment.

“It’s been way too long. We need answers, we want answers. We want you to come out, we want you to let us know that you’re hearing us not just ignoring us, we are people, we are the people of this place,” Mendoza said. “We need help, we need to stop being ignored and pushed away.”

The Hernández family maintain their wish to work with LAPD but are frustrated at how Juan Carlos Hernández’s case has been handled by the department and city officials.

Despite the Los Angeles City Council establishing a $50,000 reward fund for anyone with credible information leading to Juan Carlos Hernández’s location, the family questions city officials’ motives.

“All [politicians] want is fame, all they want is to take a picture giving a box of food to a family,” Yajaira Hernández said. “[To] hell with that. I’m the community. I’m the people. I live here, I pay taxes, I give back to my community, where the hell are they? Where the hell is every single politician?”

maybe-900x600.jpg

The Hernández family pleas for people to continue the search and continue pressing LAPD and city officials through emails, phone calls and any other means they can find.

Yajaira Hernández said she plans on returning to LAPD Headquarters to peacefully protest as often as she can, even if it’s just her.

“We should not wait until he’s found dead, we should not wait until we can’t bring him back and then all we’re gonna get is ‘we’re sorry ma’am for your loss.’ No, to hell with that, they can do more now, and I want them to do more now,” she said.

It breaks my heart to have to inform everyone that Juan Carlos Hernandez is no longer missing. Juan’s body was found on Sunday and is he is in heaven watching over us. Thank you everyone for your love and support. Know that the Hernandez family appreciates everything everyone has done for us. Rest In Peace Juan. I’ll hold you in my heart until we meet again.

Attachments

• 89FA6481-7069-4ED3-A6A8-C20034A5F8DE.jpeg
    89FA6481-7069-4ED3-A6A8-C20034A5F8DE.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 54
Missing community college student found in shallow grave near Barstow
[...]

The search came to an end earlier this week, the Los Angeles Police Department disclosed Thursday. Hernández’s body was found in a shallow grave dug off Interstate 15, about 40 miles northeast of Barstow, the department said.

Detectives arrested two people Thursday in connection with Hernández’s death, Ethan Astaphan, 27, and Sonita Heng, 20, according to the LAPD. Both were booked on suspicion of murder. ...
[...]

Rest peacefully, Cookie.
g10008.gif

It breaks my heart to have to inform everyone that Juan Carlos Hernandez is no longer missing. Juan’s body was found on Sunday and is he is in heaven watching over us. Thank you everyone for your love and support. Know that the Hernandez family appreciates everything everyone has done for us. Rest In Peace Juan. I’ll hold you in my heart until we meet again.
I am so sorry for your loss Yajaira, thinking of you and your family at this difficult time :( <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back