Found Deceased CA - Juan Carlos "Cookie" Hernandez, 21, Los Angeles, 22 Sept 2020 *arrest*

His employers are not cooperating with me or communicated at all. Which I find very suspicious. I hope the detectives are having better luck with them than what I did.

I wasn’t keeping track of the miles on my car. Just know that at least 145 miles that were left of fuel were all used up. I received my car back with an empty tank of gas
If someone used your car or forced him to drive them around, this indicates IMO a young suspect or even a group of young suspects, makes even more sense. But why? What could’ve transpired? The employees saw something, if their actions are indicative of anything. Hoping for good news and any news to help bring him home. MOO

Who was the last confirmed to see him? Do we know?

Yajaira had written in her earlier post, #33:
“unfortunately, his coworkers didn’t see him get into the vehicle. They just saw him walking away”
which, presumably, was after the shop closed at 10pm.

So it’s odd, isn’t it, that the latest LAPD update is saying:
“Juan was actually last seen on September 22, 2020, around 3:00 p.m., in the 8100 block of South Western Avenue in Los Angeles.”

That’s the time his shift was supposed to have started at the dispensary—at 3:00.

So, is it just another error on the part of whoever is writing these LAPD updates? Or...is it a clue of some sort? If so, what could it mean. Yajaira said she spoke to Juan’s friends who affirmed they saw Juan at 3:00-ish. Is LAPD saying that is the last confirmed sighting? What about his presence at the shop for work—he was only seen at the start of his shift?

Yajaira, did Juan’s friends see him at work inside the dispensary shop, or was it somewhere else before he actually left to go to the shop?

Do you know what kind of work they have him do at the dispensary? I had been presuming it involved working with customers behind a counter, but a thought came to me that these shops might also employ people to make deliveries.

From Lotsalatte’s link:
Because Juan Carlos' disappearance is not yet considered a criminal investigation, Wesson said state law prohibits the City Council from offering a reward using public funds.

However, Wesson said his district office has set up a "community benefits fund" with a goal of raising $50,000, and members of the legal cannabis industry have stepped up to contribute to it.

The article stated that Yajaira attended the city council meeting remotely. She is doing everything she can to find her son! I am in awe of her and her family’s skill in navigating and mobilizing through this devastating trial in their lives.

I also see that the article notes the discrepancy I was just wondering about in my last post: was Juan last seen at 3:00pm, or at 10:00pm on Sept. 22?

Still not found. Turned off. SIM card removed. (Per what I could see on my Verizon page)

Is he on your Verizon account? I understand from what you can see, his phone is off. But if you share a plan, is it possible for you to pull up his Google timeline map and see his locations up until the time the phone was powered off?

His employers are not cooperating with me or communicated at all. Which I find very suspicious. I hope the detectives are having better luck with them than what I did.

I wasn’t keeping track of the miles on my car. Just know that at least 145 miles that were left of fuel were all used up. I received my car back with an empty tank of gas

Okay, so this has been on my mind - that at least 145 miles of fuel were used up. If someone other than Juan used the vehicle and any valuables/money were left in the car when it was dumped, the car was the target? OR Juan may have been a target for something and the vehicle a bonus that was used until the fuel was gone? Why not take anything of value - especially money - when you dumped the car? Where is Juan? Still praying for him and his family :(

Today is Juan’s birthday. Touches and breaks my heart to watch his lovely family and friends in the video on their page. They have a big MISSING banner of Juan to which they’ve added a Happy Birthday party type banner underneath it.

This family needs Juan home.

Juan, I hope you can feel the warmth of your family’s love encompassing you. Happy Birthday, Juan. Please find your way back home to your family!
#HelpMeFindJuan - ORGANIZING GROUP Public Group | Facebook

A Son Has Been Missing For 34 Days. His Family Demands Answers
img-0111___26145720088.jpg

"It's overwhelming that as a family, we're going through this, and then having to beg LAPD for help," Yajaira Hernandez said. "I took them proof, messages he sent to show he always communicates, every single day. They didn't take me seriously until 8 days later, and even now they don't take me seriously. I call them, and all they say is 'we're looking into it, we're investigating.'"

Yajaira Hernandez says the family took it upon themselves to contact hospitals, shelters, mental health facilities and similar organizations after LAPD failed to provide a list of resources. She doesn't want anyone else to have to sort through the jumble.

"I'm lucky to have such a great support system, that doesn't let me fall, that doesn't let me down. But there are families that are scared of the badge, that don't have the resources, that are not bilingual or don't know how to ask questions. I came up with the idea of the website, not just for juan. But other families that may be going through the same thing."

The road has been long, and the search has been stressful. But Hernandez remains committed, and says she'll be back at the LAPD headquarters until her son's disappearance finally receives the attention it deserves.

"We're not going to stop," she said. "I'm not going to stop. I know there will come a day where I have to go back to work and do everything, but even working, I won't stop. I'll still be here and I'll be fighting until we bring our son back."

Anyone with information on Juan Hernandez's disappearance is asked to call Yajaira Hernandez, at 323-633-6224.

i dont like that first his coworkers said he was seen when he got off work, then the police are saying that he was last seen at 3 BEFORE work, and that the coworkers are not cooperating. smells very hinky.

my heart is with his mama. I have boys that age as well.

As family honors missing student, questions arise on law enforcement, elected officials - El Camino College The Union
On Thursday, Oct. 15, around noon on the corner of San Pedro and seventh street, the Hernández family, along with friends and volunteers, set up tables and organized an assembly line to feed the homeless community in the Skid Row area, using some of the funds they received in their fundraiser.

“Since we’ve been heavily talking with them [the homeless], we decided it would be a sort of good idea to give back to them because they’ve never asked for anything in return,” Joseph Hernández, Juan Carlos Hernández’s older brother, said. “And so this is how we decided to celebrate and honor my brother.”

One by one, each homeless person was given a bag filled with food and supplies.

The Hernández family provided them with first-aid kits comprised of deodorant, nail clippers, pads, lotion, anti-bacterial gel, washcloths, and more. From there, they were given toilet paper, chips, fruit snacks, mini muffins and fresh fruits and water, among other things.

“I know it’s not a lot, but it’s something,” Yajaira Hernández said.

A smaller missing person flyer was included in every first-aid kit for future reference. Yajaira Hernández said any leftover supplies would be donated to a nearby mission.

@yajaira hernandez you and your family are seriously amazing.

Found his NamUs listing.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

While one would hope the LAPD is working hard behind the scenes to find Juan, it does not give one confidence when their first news release on their LAPD online page on Juan had to be corrected by the family with something as fundamental as the date Juan was last seen, as well as the location and clothing description!

And, in their correction, they’ve given the time he was last seen the beginning of his shift (3 pm) instead of the closing time (10 pm), so we are left to wonder if they are again in error, or is this a new development.

Is it more typical than not in missing persons cases for the police not to give updates to the family as they investigate?

It is so evident Yajaira is a woman who is tenacious, smart, and loving. She is thinking of every avenue to help find her son!

It is such a mystery. What could have happened to him....:(

As family honors missing student, questions arise on law enforcement, elected officials - El Camino College The Union
On Thursday, Oct. 15, around noon on the corner of San Pedro and seventh street, the Hernández family, along with friends and volunteers, set up tables and organized an assembly line to feed the homeless community in the Skid Row area, using some of the funds they received in their fundraiser.

“Since we’ve been heavily talking with them [the homeless], we decided it would be a sort of good idea to give back to them because they’ve never asked for anything in return,” Joseph Hernández, Juan Carlos Hernández’s older brother, said. “And so this is how we decided to celebrate and honor my brother.”

One by one, each homeless person was given a bag filled with food and supplies.

The Hernández family provided them with first-aid kits comprised of deodorant, nail clippers, pads, lotion, anti-bacterial gel, washcloths, and more. From there, they were given toilet paper, chips, fruit snacks, mini muffins and fresh fruits and water, among other things.

“I know it’s not a lot, but it’s something,” Yajaira Hernández said.

A smaller missing person flyer was included in every first-aid kit for future reference. Yajaira Hernández said any leftover supplies would be donated to a nearby mission.

@yajaira hernandez you and your family are seriously amazing.
❤️Wow what a heart they have ❤️ I hope her son, Cookie, is found soon

May Juan be found safe soon.

It seems odd that weeks later it's unclear whether he actually worked his shift.

If he did, I wonder if he left alone.

Can't they try to track the vehicle's path using highway (and other) cameras -- and what have they learned?

They must have information they don't want to release so the case isn't jeopardized.
But it seems like LE needs to provide families with better resources for what to do when a loved-one goes missing. Also to help the families feel a better sense of communication from them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back