CA - Judge Orders Release Of Sexually Violent Predator

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by mysteriew, Dec 20, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

A sexually violent predator with a 20-year history of assaulting male hitchhikers can be released from a mental hospital into the community as long as a treatment plan is in place, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Douglas Badger, 63, shook hands with his attorney, Richard Gates, as Superior Court Judge David Gill made his ruling.

The judge scheduled a Jan. 27 status hearing to start a process for placing Badger back into San Diego County, where he can be supervised in an outpatient setting.

No such plan currently exists, according to court testimony.
    http://www.10news.com/news/5581369/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. aussiegran

aussiegran New Member

Unbelievable :banghead: another judge for the Hate list ,how long before some poor boy is found dead or assaulted by him .

4. T'sNana

T'sNana Nana Extraordinaire

Disgusting!!! THESE judges need to be removed from the bench. All we need is one more pedophile on the prowl!

5. GreenEyedGirl

GreenEyedGirl New Member

Just what we need. Another predator on the streets. :banghead: :banghead:

6. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

This bothers me a lot. The violent people among us are given a free pass from time to time. My brother is on lithium and neurotin, a highly strong combination for people with mental disabilities. Yet, when my sister called the parents yesterday he was on a rampage with his anger issues. Mom says he is taking the meds. Is she lying or are the meds not working? Or is it that he not taking his meds? In any case, I wouldn't go around . The issues go on and on and someone is always at risk.

7. GreenEyedGirl

GreenEyedGirl New Member

I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish the best for you and yours.

8. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

Thank you. This is the nicest post I have received in a long time.

9. BillyGoatGruff

BillyGoatGruff New Member

I bet there is already an appeal in the works to keep this fellow where he is. Given the high profile nature of Joseph Duncan's crimes earlier this year, I suspect that when the deadline rolls around next year, you'll find someone from the State with a writ of involuntary commital with this guy's name on it in their hands.

10. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

I'm posting on here almost 9 years later and there are still no new laws on the books to deal with these chronic offenders. Guess we can check back in another 9-10 years!

11. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if he has re offended? I can't seem NOT.

12. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2014/05/16/convicted-sex-predator-wont-go-campo-opts-stay-hospital/

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/may/22/3-sexually-violent-predators-san-diego-county/