GUILTY CA - Justice Rees, 2 wks, Woodland, 24 Feb 2015

Does anyone recall the case a year or so ago, when a young woman was found, basically okay, husband dead, and maybe child as well? They were all in the woods or something? And I think meth was involved? Anyway I think she was charged but don't know what ever happened in that case...just wondering. Sounds similar. Jmo

Yes. They found the husband and the baby in a car close to a cliff? Or hanging from one?

Her face looks like a meth user's in the mugshot, down to that acne like redness.

Yes, PPD is real. Yes, Post Partum psychosis is real. They are both frightening and horrific conditions to have.

BUT....IF she killed this baby and her defense will be PPD/PPP, I say good luck with that one. It won't fly.

People with PPD/PPP do NOT have the mental capacity to make up stories (LIES) to save their *advertiser censored**es from future consequences.

Another thing that totally irks me, and I know I'm not alone (others just won't post it) is that most every time there is a case here where a woman kills a child, the first "defense" is, "Oh, PPD! PPD!"

When a guy kills a child, it's more like, "I hope that rots in hell for eternity. What an evil so-and-so!"

Like I said, I know PPD/PPP is very real and does happen to SOME women, but it is just not so in every.single.case.

+100%.

Also, what concerns me is that many comments on msm, sm, etc. have skewed ideas about PPD. For example, I've seen a couple that state PPD puts the baby at risk of being murdered. I even saw one that said mothers with PPD kill their babies.

That's not true! PP psychosis is not the same as "baby blues" or PPD and to equate them with a psychotic break sends a terrible message to new mothers who may end up being afraid to tell anyone how they are feeling because they think people will assume they are cold-blooded murderers.

Sadly, I haven't found any evidence that information about PPD is included in discharge instructions when a mother gives birth. I could be wrong but if not it's a shame that hospital personnel will help new moms with breast feeding, car seats, etc. but ignore hormonal adjustments.

Anyway, based on the limited information we have it seems unlikely that SG was experiencing PP psychosis.

When things like this happen so closely after the baby is born, I always have to wonder why mom bothered to carry the child to term.

Something I don't understand: On a February 24 (Tuesday) post at 7:09 am on FB, the dad made a plea for SG to come home. I think it's okay to mention this as it's been reported in a number of msm articles. Anyway, I saw that SG "liked" the post. I can't figure out the timing exactly. There's no time stamp on "likes" so there's no way to tell when she did it.

So... when did she "like" the post and more importantly, why did she take note of it??

http://www.davisenterprise.com/loca...rts/woodland-infants-death-remains-a-mystery/

Randy Green, Samantha’s father, told reporters on Wednesday that he had made plans to see his daughter and grandson on Saturday, but they never showed. Patty Rees described Green as someone who “likes to be at home, so they ended up not going.”

And nothing appeared amiss on Monday morning, the last time Rees spoke with Green as she got her other grandchildren ready for school.

“We expected her to pick up the boys from school, and when she didn’t then we started to get worried,” Rees said. When Green’s sister said she hadn’t heard from her, the family began working their phones and social media in a frantic attempt to find the mother and baby.

Green had a cell phone belonging to Patty Rees’ husband, but the service had been turned off, Rees said.

Sadly, I haven't found any evidence that information about PPD is included in discharge instructions when a mother gives birth. I could be wrong but if not it's a shame that hospital personnel will help new moms with breast feeding, car seats, etc. but ignore hormonal adjustments.

In 2011 I got PPD information in my discharge packet. I'm not sure where it's not included, but it's pretty common for docs to discuss it with you, too.

Interview with baby's father
http://www.news10.net/story/news/lo...ees-says-green-did-not-kill-justice/24212525/

"For her to be out there, and for that long, something was keeping her there," Rees said. "She was running from something."

Rees suspects Green's fear and determination to escape something is what brought them to the slough.

"I believe, in my heart, she did everything she could," he said.

Justice's body was found in a thicket on the south bank of Ridge Cut Slough Wednesday morning by the Yolo County Sheriff's Office. Autopsy reports said Justice drowned or succumbed to hypothermia due to exposure to cold water and air. He had been dead for several hours when his body was found, authorities said.

Rees said he had a really strong bond with Justice. So strong that Rees says he believes he knows the exact moment his son lost his life.

"I could feel the moment he slipped away," he explained.

AND:

Yolo County sheriff's detectives said while they investigated Justice's death, Green's tale of events never lined up.

"She made comments about she was there for so many hours screaming and hollering," Sheriff Ed Prieto said during a press conference Saturday morning. "We were able to determine that perhaps (that) didn't happen."

Justice's body was found in a thicket on the south bank of Ridge Cut Slough Wednesday morning by the Yolo County Sheriff's Office. Autopsy reports said Justice drowned or succumbed to hypothermia due to exposure to cold water and air. He had been dead for several hours when his body was found, authorities said.

Rees said he had a really strong bond with Justice. So strong that Rees says he believes he knows the exact moment his son lost his life.

AND:

Yolo County sheriff's detectives said while they investigated Justice's death, Green's tale of events never lined up.

"She made comments about she was there for so many hours screaming and hollering," Sheriff Ed Prieto said during a press conference Saturday morning. "We were able to determine that perhaps (that) didn't happen."

Weird. Something else:

"She loved that baby more than anything in this world," Rees said.
"The first time we were able to talk, she was just sobbing hysterically," Rees explained. "I said,what about the baby. She said he's dead."

That baby? The baby? Not "Justice" or "my son?" I watched the video to be sure that's what he said. It's not a big deal, I just found it odd that so soon after Justice's death his dad would be using words that seem to distance him from his baby.

OTOH it may be that right now he and the other family members are focused on SG because of her arrest. I dunno. It must be hard for all of them, trying to understand what happened. I imagine all of them are in a state of shock.

Although Frank Rees, 29, has four other children, baby Justice was Green’s first, and she was encountering the typical struggles of a young, first-time mom.

“But she had a lot of help,” Patty Rees said. “She could take naps because I was here, and Frank was getting up with him at night. She was doing OK.”

Randy Green, Samantha’s father, told reporters on Wednesday that he had made plans to see his daughter and grandson on Saturday, but they never showed. Patty Rees described Green as someone who “likes to be at home, so they ended up not going.”

http://www.news10.net/story/news/lo...ees-says-green-did-not-kill-justice/24212525/
http://www.davisenterprise.com/loca...rts/woodland-infants-death-remains-a-mystery/

+100%.

Also, what concerns me is that many comments on msm, sm, etc. have skewed ideas about PPD. For example, I've seen a couple that state PPD puts the baby at risk of being murdered. I even saw one that said mothers with PPD kill their babies.

That's not true! PP psychosis is not the same as "baby blues" or PPD and to equate them with a psychotic break sends a terrible message to new mothers who may end up being afraid to tell anyone how they are feeling because they think people will assume they are cold-blooded murderers.

Anyway, based on the limited information we have it seems unlikely that SG was experiencing PP psychosis.

I can only speak for my hospital, but education information about postpartum depression/psychosis is ABSOLUTELY included for all patients. Also included are resources available to those who feel they may be affected. :)

I can only speak for my hospital, but education information about postpartum depression/psychosis is ABSOLUTELY included for all patients. Also included are resources available to those who feel they may be affected. :)

Thank you (and granola) - tells you how long it's been since I had a baby, lol! I'm glad to hear that new moms receive information on this important issue.

I am so glad they are doing toxicology tests on little Justice. I think there is a good chance they will show something.

I'm not liking the video of Dad all that much either.
moo

UPDATE: Samantha Green’s father and her stepmother*, Randy and Laurie Green, issued the following statement Sunday morning:
We love our daughter so very much. Our family is grieving not only for the loss of our grandson Justice, but also the possible loss of our daughter Sami Green. She has never been in trouble with the law. We know in our heart that Sami would never do anything to intentionally harm her newborn son Justice. She loved him very much. We can only hope for a fair and just trial in Sami’s case.
Her entire family supports her through this most unbelievable time in our lives. Because of the tragic events that unfolded this past week, a huge part of our soul has been taken and we will never be the same. This is the last statement our family will personally be giving until this case is resolved. We would like to take this time to thank the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department and all the volunteers from around the state that helped locate our daughter and grandson. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and we hope for the best possible outcome for our daughter.

http://www.davisenterprise.com/loca...er-sole-person-responsible-for-infants-death/

ETA:* the original link lists them as her parents but other info indicated that this is her father and stepmom.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/03/01/baby-justices-father-arrested-on-misdemeanor-warrant/

Later Sunday afternoon, Samantha’s sister also released a statement to CBS13 that noted how the family has differing opinions on the situation:

“We want to clarify a couple things. My family does have different opinions on the situation we are experiencing. We do not support the decisions my sister has made. We fully support law enforcements efforts as well as the district attorneys efforts to ensure the truth is discovered and that justice is served for Baby Justice. We would like to thank the community, volunteers, and law enforcement who assisted us in finding my sister and nephew as well as those continuing to work on the case.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back