CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, Oct 14, 2018.

1. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

Your last paragraph is the one way I could envision the SM being involved in a cover-up. Perhaps she had some Xanax or some other prescription for herself and gave some to Karlie. Maybe she even looked up to see if it had a reaction with pot. Kaylie either had a bad reaction or passed due to whatever the joint was laced with and the SM panicked thinking she was responsible.

I still think we will find Kaylie somewhere for better or worse and we will have our answer.

crhedBngr and Laughing like this.

2. pikachu1322

pikachu1322 Active Member

WHat is the basis for this speculation?

3. kaykay543

kaykay543 Well-Known Member

This case makes me so sad. I think of karlie often. So much valuable time was wasted in the first 48 hours by SM’s lies.

sadly her official FB page isn’t very active either. To me that speaks volumes. No family member has posted there since June. And then only bracelets. Well and one other scathing post by SM telling people to shut their MFM.

Wonder if they filed a 501C3 for the non profit they started for her?

4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Respectfully, I suggest referencing back to the earlier posts as we are only a few weeks shy of two years since Karlie disappeared. Sources are Dateline, Nancy Grace, Dr Phil, where SM and dad made appearances, and SM public fb before she cut off the public.

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I think there is a website where all non profit financials are available - I will look for it tomorrow unless @Seattle1 has it already

JMO

6. kaykay543

Thanks!! I am so dang tired from work today that I just don’t have the energy. But I kept wondering since they are still collecting money

10ofRods, Laughing and Weeobanite like this.
  7. Topppps

Topppps Well-Known Member

They are not similar looking people though, the SM is probably twice the body fat %, than you have the dogs on top of that, that tracked Karlie to the Boulevard

10ofRods, Weeobanite and j_in_c like this.
  8. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Jan 3, 2019 - Bring Karlie Home, A Non-Profit Organization was filed with CA Sec of State for fundraising purposes but it appears the registration is incomplete.

It's not registered and/or a 501(c)3 for federal tax purposes.

http://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/Web/SearchResults.aspx

http://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/Web/Details.aspx?result=699e4bc7-d221-4932-8c47-d4fbaab78974

9. Seratonin

Seratonin Well-Known Member

what lies did she tell? If u dont mind me asking?

only lie i was able to pick up was the one where she said she slept with karlie, then said she woke up to check karlies room and she wasnt there.

10. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

I just listened to a YT channel that did a video about Karlie. It’s not a true crime one, per se. just basic facts for people that had never heard of the case before. Everything counts towards keeping her name and face out there. JMO

Laughing and Weeobanite like this.
  11. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Just off the top of my head.. she also lied about what Karlie was last seen wearing. She said skinny jeans and T-shirt. Then eye witnesses say they saw Karlie in gray sweatpants. Then SM admits to giving wrong information about her last clothes she was wearing. Says she doesn’t know but Karlie always wore skinny jeans and vans shoes so that’s what she said.

Laughing, Knox, Alcina and 4 others like this.
  12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I believe most of this story is true with the exception of SM getting up to wake her other children and finding KG gone a few minutes later. Reportedly she slept in KG's room the entire night.

Karlie Gusé Update: Stepmom clears up her differing versions of events leading to the disappearance of young teen

As CrimeOnline previously reported, 16-year-old Karlie possibly disappeared from her Chaflant home between 5:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. on October 13. Stepmom Melissa said she picked Karlie up the night prior from the nearby town of Bishop at around 8 p.m. The teen allegedly told her stepmom she had smoked marijuana earlier in the evening. Melissa also indicated that Karlie acted “paranoid” and “disoriented” but once they arrived back home, she calmed Karlie down and even slept with her in her room to ensure she was OK.

When CrimeOnline initially spoke to Melissa on Tuesday, she stated that she woke up at around 5:45 a.m. and left Karlie’s room to check on her other children, two young sons. She said at some point, she dozed off, then woke up again at around 7:15 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. and walked to Karlie’s room to check on her.

[..]

Melissa said she noticed Karlie was no longer in her room and began checking the entire home for her and asked her husband if he had seen her. Zac said he had not.

Afterward, the pair set out to search for Karlie, noting that she had left behind her cellphone and all of her personal belongings.

On Wednesday, Melissa spoke to CrimeOnline‘s Nancy Grace but her version of events changed.

She stated that she actually never left Karlie’s bed once they went to sleep for the night. The stepmom said she slept with the teen to make sure she was OK, then woke up at around 5:45 a.m. and noticed Karlie still in the bed next her, awake.

Melissa said she went back to sleep, still in Karlie’s bed, then woke up at around 7:15 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. and noticed her stepdaughter was no longer there.

When asked about the inconsistencies, Melissa, who indicated she’s been stricken with panic and worry for Karlie, said again that she never left the girl’s bedroom when she woke at 5:45 a.m. It’s unclear why the story changed, but Melissa stressed that she only wants to bring her stepdaughter home.

13. pikachu1322

With all due respect, has LE named her as a person of interest? It was my understanding we weren't allowed to discuss family members in this manner without them being named persons of interest?

Laughing and Weeobanite like this.
  14. pikachu1322

This is extremely mundane...teenagers change clothing all the time and taking this as a lie that indicates any sort of guilt is a huge stretch.

Hobgoblinmarket and wary like this.
  15. insearchoflight

The original poster asked what she lied about. SM admits to knowingly supplying the wrong clothing information. That is all. Moo

16. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

Does she admit to intentionally supplying the wrong clothing info?

I thought SM's statement was kind of interesting. She picked her up, took her home, and "calmed her down." Just sounds kind of odd to me. Maybe I'm making something out of nothing. How do you calm someone down? Just by comforting them? Or give them sleeping pills?

This case is quite a mystery. The SM's story does seem a little suspicious. On the other hand, the alledged early morning sightings, and the dog tracking are things that are hard to ignore.

MOO

17. pikachu1322

or she she misspoke which is easy to do in a situation like this.

18. insearchoflight

She says she gave the wrong description. You can listen to her interview linked below.
    Karlie Guse stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter's clothes from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

SM did a number of things that raised red flags IMO

Look I don’t even think SM is responsible here. I think Karlie died of the elements and dehydration in the desert. I’m just stating facts we have.

Jo in Calif, Suglo, Seattle1 and 2 others like this.
  19. kaykay543

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows how important an accurate description of what a missing person is wearing is. You don’t throw out “assumptions” as facts. Which is what the SM did. She only changed her story when the witnesses said they saw her in gray sweat pants.

jenn83, Taybor, SAMS and 4 others like this.
  20. pikachu1322

Didn't the SM say she left while she was sleeping? Perhaps that is what she was wearing the previous night? Perhaps she was just trying to give a description of what she usually wears.

Her step daughter just went missing while she was asleep. That is a high stress situation and very understandable if she wasn't 100% accurate.

j_in_c and insearchoflight like this.