CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this doesn't come across as victim unfriendly but...

Is it possible Karlie is pregnant? She could have been up all night with morning sickness, which could account for not eating : not drinking : not sleeping : poor state of mind.

Or possibly was scheduled for abortion which would have her fasting, plus poor state of mind, even wanting to leave the home to avoid the procedure.

You would think if either of these was the case, it would have come out by now. But apparently nothing is coming out.

<modsnip - no source linked>
Hello mstinka1982,
At Websleuths we have strict rules about what sources of information are allowed. Information presented as a fact generally needs to be backed up by linking to a source from Law Enforcement or Main Stream Media. The exception is when someone has an inside connection to the case and becomes a Verified Insider. Here is a link to the VI application process if this fits your situation.
Thank you!
Whiskers

Can someone help me out as I am not up to speed on this case specifically- is the facebook group being referenced in post #45 an open/public group? And are the "lives" (I assume this means Facebook Live videos) posted in the group or on a relative's personal facebook page? TIA.

Can someone help me out as I am not up to speed on this case specifically- is the facebook group being referenced in post #45 an open/public group? And are the "lives" (I assume this means Facebook Live videos) posted in the group or on a relative's personal facebook page? TIA.
It’s a closed group run by her stepmother. The lives are from the stepmother posted directly to the closed FB group.

It’s a closed group run by her stepmother. The lives are from the stepmother posted directly to the closed FB group.
Thank you for the quick response.

As an FYI to all- I will be removing some posts, as it is against TOS to discuss information from closed FB groups. Information from an "official" open FB group or by LE or MSM can be discussed here.

The sheriff said:
“This is an unusual thing to do but we have reason to think she might have been disoriented that morning. ‘Why’ is not important, ‘what’ is what is important, We need to know what happened. That is what is critical.” -(Chalfant teenager still missing | The Inyo Register)

It sounds like they’re trying to insinuate that she was on drugs. Maybe she’d been drinking, but people who’ve been drinking all not don’t typically walk out the door in the wee hours of the morning. The whole ‘why’/‘what’ thing is really confusing part. Do they me “what” she was doing leading up to her disappearance? Or “what” happened to her?

Last edited:
The sheriff said:
“This is an unusual thing to do but we have reason to think she might have been disoriented that morning. ‘Why’ is not important, ‘what’ is what is important, We need to know what happened. That is what is critical.” -(Chalfant teenager still missing | The Inyo Register)

It sounds like they’re trying to insinuate that she was on drugs. Maybe she’d been drinking, but people who’ve been drinking all not don’t typically walk out the door in the wee hours of the morning. The whole ‘why’/‘what’ thing is really confusing part. Do they me “what” she was doing leading up to her disappearance? Or “what” happened to her?
This is so strange.
She might have been wearing a white T-shirt and gray sweat pants, if there was a confirmed sighting of her didn't they see what she was wearing?
She might have been disoriented, why is not important.
Left at about 7:30, who saw her leave and if she was disoriented why didn't they stop her and why didn't they see what she was wearing?
It's almost sounding to me that she might of not left on her own and might not have been alive.
IMO

This is so strange.
She might have been wearing a white T-shirt and gray sweat pants, if there was a confirmed sighting of her didn't they see what she was wearing?
She might have been disoriented, why is not important.
Left at about 7:30, who saw her leave and if she was disoriented why didn't they stop her and why didn't they see what she was wearing?
It's almost sounding to me that she might of not left on her own and might not have been alive.
IMO
I also think LE might know this and we might see an arrest soon.

I agree- it seems important to me that at least hinting as to why they feel she may have been disoriented would be important. Was she out with friends before? Is there a friend someone could talk to? A friend that would maybe be nervous to talk to her family or LE, especially since the family just recently moved there.

Karlie is a white female, 16 years old, 5’ 07”, 110 pounds

110 pounds at 5'7"? That's very thin; BMI of 17.2 (for perspective, a BMI under 18.5 is considered underweight and the ICD-10 required a BMI under 17.5 for an anorexia diagnosis [no longer the case]). If 110 pounds is an accurate figure, I wonder if it could indicate something about her psychological state or potential substance use.

This is what I cant stand.

They ask the public for help, but they cannot elaborate as to why this missing person is considered disoriented or critical?

<modsnip - not victim friendly> Helping the public to better understand her current state of mind and overall health will give us a better idea of what were looking for.

Should the public keep a watchful eye out for a girl with obvious signs of amnesia, a girl who doesnt know her right from her left, a girl who is loaded up on drugs or alcohol, a girl displaying mental illness, a girl exhibiting poor health...? Should we expect for her to be behaving in a certain way?

What if someone thinks they see her but this person isnt acting disoriented, so they dont bother reporting the sighting because of it?

I dont think anyone should ever ask for help if they arent willing to tell you what they need your help for.

Last edited by a moderator:
110 pounds at 5'7"? That's very thin; BMI of 17.2 (for perspective, a BMI under 18.5 is considered underweight and the ICD-10 required a BMI under 17.5 for an anorexia diagnosis [no longer the case]). If 110 pounds is an accurate figure, I wonder if it could indicate something about her psychological state or potential substance use.
Very thin for her height.

"... An apparent page has been set up for Guse but it is not endorsed by the family, Braun said. “Please do not contribute.”

What??? Why would anyone do this?
Shouldnt the family contact support at and ask to have it removed instead of blasting it in a news article?

I hope the friends and parents have all been looked into. Not saying anyone is guilty of anything... Just that nothing seems to make any sense. The searches are slowing down, the investigators seem stumped, and the overall circumstances are strange. Just my opinion, no one should be an exception to this investigation, leave no stone unturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288