CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord knows why she mentions devils lettuce- she could believe whomever gave it to her is the devil?
On this point, "the Devil's lettuce" is slang for marijuana.

Could be that she found it funny that she was being given lettuce to eat while high on "the Devil's lettuce" and just blurted it out - I haven't listened to the audio.

Not much of an contribution, but I think I would be in a grey area if I tried to post my other thoughts on this case. Being new, I'd like to stay shiny for as long as possible.

It was stated in MSM that Karlie and her family had just moved to the area/that housing estate less than a year ago... tho have not seen in MSM statements on whether either of her parents (dad & stepmom) she lived with were from the area originally or had local contacts. In some missing young person cases, I think the parents are so beside themselves and upset that LE tries not to pester them, although no one knows what evidence they may have and are perhaps trying to prove happened, or whether they have interviewed her family members multiple times or not. JMOO, hoping Karlie's disappearance is solved very soon, and she comes home!!
I'm really not a fan of small police departments dealing with cases like this. Everybody knows everybody else in these tight knit communities and most of the people have probably lived there for their whole life. The potential for conflict of interest is huge and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the investigation hasn't followed normal expected patterns. I should probably be clear I'm not suggesting deliberate wrongdoing but judgement can be clouded when you know the people involved.

Part of my job involves finance and if there's even a remote risk of myself handling a case that may become a conflict of interest then it's given to somebody else. The same needs to happen here for me.

I'd refer the case to a neighbouring police department who aren't afraid to upset the locals and ask the questions that need asking.

Did they ever bring cadaver dogs into the home?
I hope so although I haven’t seen it reported. They did extensive searches using dogs, helicopters and infrared technology early on of the surrounding areas but didn’t hear if they did inside the home. The three witnesses who reported seeing her outside the house may have led them to search surrounding areas. MOO

Disappeared into Thin Air: What Really Happened to Karlie Guse? | Dr. Phil

Karlie’s father, Zac, and stepmother, Melissa, were with her the night she disappeared and are adamant that they have no idea what happened to her or where she could be, yet Karlie’s mother, Lindsay, continues to question their involvement in her daughter’s disappearance. Where did Karlie Gusé go the morning she vanished? Are there any clues? If you have any information on Karlie Gusé, please call Mono County Sheriff Department at 760-932-7549 option 7.

ETA: 3/25/19 show

Finger Pointing and Accusations: Will Karlie Guse Be Found? | Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil continues to delve into the mysterious disappearance of 16-year-old Karlie Gusé who vanished from stepmother, Melissa, and father, Zac’s, home in the early morning hours of October 13, 2018.

They say they have done everything they can to try to locate their daughter but have yet to find any answers. Today, Karlie’s mother, Lindsay, joins the conversation. She says she has her own suspicions and is demanding answers about what really happened to her daughter the night she vanished into thin air. Lindsay says in her heart, she feels her daughter is no longer alive but is willing to do anything to bring her home. What can be heard in the last known audio recording of Karlie the night before she disappeared? Will Zac and Melissa share the recording with Dr. Phil? If you have any information on Karlie Gusé, please call Mono County Sheriff Department at 760-932-7549 option 7.

ETA: Tuesday show 3/26/19

Mono County Sheriff's Office

MISSING JUVENILE
The Mono County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing juvenile from Chalfant. 16-year old Karlie Lain Guse was last seen in the early morning of Saturday, October 13, 2018, on Ponderosa Street near White Mountain Estate Road in Chalfant. Karlie may be disoriented and does not have any personal belongings or cell phone with her. If you have seen Karlie or have any information regarding her whereabouts, please call Mono County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch at 760-932-7549, option 7.

Karlie is a white female, 16 years old, 5’ 07”, 110 pounds, dark blond hair and blue eyes. We do not have a description of her clothing.

View attachment 151035

Search underway for missing 16-year-old Mono County girl

From 3/25 show:

Wow-- today's show did nothing to redeem Dad/SM, and allegations they claim made against them!

First time in 45 years Dr Phil did not receive information from parents (Dad/SM) about their missing child to facilitate search including their home address and names/addresses of witnesses.

Dad/SM did not provide Dr Phil with audio recording of Karlie taken by SM. (SM alleges no video because she had phone in her pocket).

SM admitted her interview with Dateline was untruthful because it was "too early in missing investigation," and she didn't know what to say. Alleges producers would not let her correct her statements.

Dad/SM say FBI polygraphed them and test "turned out fine."

According to Dad, Karlie's considered a "runaway."

Dad/SM don't talk and/or would not appear with bio Mom-- stay tuned for tomorrow's show when Dr Phil finally allowed to hear Karlie's audio (and bio Mom appearance).

MOO

Last edited:
After watching Dr Phil's (March 25th) interview of Karlie's bio dad and step mom, something seems "off" with their story. Dr Phil asked them if they took a polygraph. The bio dad nodded in affirmation, and the normally talkative stepmom sat there silent. No head nod. No affirmative answer. She may well have taken a polygraph...I don't know. Her lack of response seems unusual.
I am also uncomfortable with some of the statements the bio dad and step mom made on the show. I was listening closely and didn't hear any positive attributes assigned to Karlie by her bio dad and step mom. On more than one occasion the step moms lip curled in contempt when speaking about Karlie. Step mom also smirked (dupers delight?) when Dr Phil asked questions. They refused to let Dr Phil listen to the recorded audio the step mom made of Karlie mere hours before she disappeared. They refused to provide their home address to Dr Phil's producers. They refused to provide the names of witnesses who supposedly saw Karlie that morning. In a preview for tomorrow's show (March 26th), the bio mom states that her ex-husband (bio dad) told her Karlie was "just gone." That's an ominous word to usefor the parent of a missing child.
I happened to hear the interview of bio dad and step mom done by Nancy Grace.
My perception was that they were uninterested and bored during the interview. They had difficulty answering basic questions about Karlie's clothing and the time line keeps shifting. Additionally, both of their speech sounded slurred. Very concerning.

Last edited:
Interesting. I haven’t had a chance to watch yet but I did record them. I had to pick up my son from school and then run errands and homework and now making dinner. I will probably watch them both on Wednesday. Please update about the second episode though, it is interesting to hear.
I have had suspicions about the step mother from the start. She even blocked me on that Facebook page because I told her to stop trying to force everyone to bully dateline into doing a segment about it. She contacted dateline and it had been just a few days since karlie’s disappearance.

The parents’ behavior is really off. Dad seems completely detached and oblivious. Step-mom alternates between smirking and sneering. She cried briefly but had no tears. They wouldn’t give Dr Phil staff the audio tape step-mom made. Also wouldn’t give any info about the witness/neighbor or their own home address. It seems to me it’s CYA situation. Why go on national tv show but refuse to disclose pertinent info?

ETA the step-mom cried again and this time I did see a few tears but her behavior still seems really off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member