CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad made it pretty clear they were on the show to get her face out there. The chances that Dr. Phil can do anything else is slim to none.

I don't know. He's done quite a bit for some other victims. His show will probably help in the murder case against Mark Redwine. It probably dug the proverbial grave for Erica Parson's "parents".

And it just led to the removal of the Schofield kids (supposedly schizophrenic Jani and Bodhi) by social services after the parents appeared recently and mom showed she was clearly insane and overmedicating/dr. Shopping.

So I don't know that Dr. Phil can do nothing. I just think it's probably not smart to go on his show if you're hiding something.

I found the two podcasts with Nancy Grace. The first one is with her bio mom Lindsay Fairley. The second one is with stepmom Melissa and bio dad Zac. There is a marked difference between the two interviews. I'm so frustrated and heartbroken for the bio mom-her pain is palpable.
From a statement analysis standpoint, there are so many red flags in what Melissa and Zac say during their Dr. Phil interview.
I did see that one of the theories is that when Melissa went to pick her up she was under the influence herself and hit Karlie with her vehicle. If Karlie sustained a head injury, that may explain her odd behavior. This also coincides with Melissa having her car in the auto body shop for front end damage and detailing the week following Karlie's disappearance.
I don't think Karlie is going to be found alive. I just hope they can find her period, so justice can be done for her.

Missing teen Karlie Guse's mom raises questions: 'I just don't understand' from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Karlie Guse stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter's clothes from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

BBM. I asked before about her car. Front end damage repair work? Did she say what happened to her car?

7:03 AM
Saturday, October 13, 2018 (PDT)
Sunrise in Mono County, CA
So how dark was it outside that morning??

It was still dark enough. Sunrise BEGAN at 7:00:44

Sunrise and sunset times in Bishop, CA - October 2018

I pay attention to that stuff because I jog in mountain lion country and always time when it's going to set and how long I have from the time it begins. Same is reverse for sunrise (which is I admittedly don't jog in LOL. Too early!)

Three Witnesses
Three witnesses came forward to say they saw Karlie in the early morning hours of October 13.

Richard Eddy, 78, is a retired Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department employee who lives down the street from the Gusé family.

Between 6:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m., Eddy was sipping coffee and relaxing in his Jacuzzi. He looked out the window of the enclosed room and saw a tall, slender female with long hair walk by. bbm

“She was looking up, looking around at the sky,” he said.

Two other witnesses would tell the Mono County Sheriff’s Office that they saw Karlie that morning near White Mountain Estates Road and Highway 6.

Route 6, also known as the Grand Army of The Republic Highway, is a major highway that runs east-northeast from Bishop, California to Provincetown, Massachusetts.
https://crimeola.com/karlie-guse-wiki/

ETA: I believe it was mostly reported in social media.

Okay. It was totally dark at that time. Sunrise hadn't started.

Yes-- earliest allegations were that Dad was intoxicated when SM and Karlie got home, and why he allegedly could not give bio Mom much info/details about when Karlie got home. I've been watching him since the beginning of the case, and believe he started reciting what SM told him to say.

Regarding the witnesses, they said Karlie "resembled" the photo on poster as none of them knew or had ever seen Karlie before. Family had only lived in the neighborhood for about 5-7 weeks when KG went missing.

MOO
I did not realize Karlie was new to the neighborhood (5-7 weeks). Where did she live prior to the move?

Did the family move to this neighborhood due to her father’s job or her step moms?
Wondering the reason to move to such a small secluded town and how Karlie felt about the move.

Yes, I wondered why the move, too.
Also, where did she get the body work and detailing done? I'd definitely like to hear what the body shop has to say.
A couple of posters are familiar with the area. Are there many body shops in the area? I wouldn't think so.
Their not giving Dr. Phil their address is really weird. A 10 second search reveals their home.
My biggest qualm is why they didn't take her to the hospital less than 5 minutes away. Tomorrow's show should help fill in some blanks.

Yes, I wondered why the move, too.
Also, where did she get the body work and detailing done? I'd definitely like to hear what the body shop has to say.
A couple of posters are familiar with the area. Are there many body shops in the area? I wouldn't think so.
Their not giving Dr. Phil their address is really weird. A 10 second search reveals their home.
My biggest qualm is why they didn't take her to the hospital less than 5 minutes away. Tomorrow's show should help fill in some blanks.

Good questions.

And I can understand having to fix actual damage when your kid goes missing if you still need to rely on the car to drive around in but detailing? I mean come on. Who actually thinks about something like that when their kid is missing and can't be found?

Especially at the same time they're making tearfully gasping and ever so dramatic Facebook live videos.

"Oh yeah and Mike, can you detail that bad boy up for me as well while you're at it?"

Wth.

I did not realize Karlie was new to the neighborhood (5-7 weeks). Where did she live prior to the move?

Did the family move to this neighborhood due to her father’s job or her step moms?
Wondering the reason to move to such a small secluded town and how Karlie felt about the move.
The move (Bishop to Chalfant) was said to be insignificant, and I don't recall any media reports explaining why the family moved. Perhaps more home for your buck, etc.

Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home
Karlie’s stepmother Melissa told Dateline that in the beginning of October, Karlie was a “happy kid” and her positive attitude was no different than usual. The family had recently moved just north of Bishop to a town called Chalfant, but Karlie wasn’t fazed by the move as she’d been able to stay in the same school district.

The move (Bishop to Chalfant) was said to be insignificant, and I don't recall any media reports explaining why the family moved. Perhaps more home for your buck, etc.

Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home
Karlie’s stepmother Melissa told Dateline that in the beginning of October, Karlie was a “happy kid” and her positive attitude was no different than usual. The family had recently moved just north of Bishop to a town called Chalfant, but Karlie wasn’t fazed by the move as she’d been able to stay in the same school district.

I went to school here my entire life, there is only one regular high school that covers the area including Chalfant Valley and the next housing area which is a bit more to the north, an area called Benton.(the other high school is a continuation school for dropouts or teen parents, which is in Big Pine, Ca approx. 15 minutes south of Bishop and it has no bus service). All the kids on that side of town have to be bused or driven into school.

Also, The school website has info on the front page to alert parents about karlie's case.

Bishop Unified School District

I dont know if anyone has posted this yet, but this letter was sent home to all of the parents in the school district regarding the case

https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/252124/Karlie_Guse_Missing.pdf

Last edited:
Chalfant is 15 miles from Bishop, which isn’t much - Chalfant 641 population versus 3900 population Bishop. Not even a restaurant or post office in Chalfant. Same school - 15 miles further away and not being able to drive to see friends? I don’t know if her BF lived in Bishop, had license/car, etc.

Chalfant is 15 miles from Bishop, which isn’t much - Chalfant 641 population versus 3900 population Bishop. Not even a restaurant or post office in Chalfant. Same school - 15 miles further away and not being able to drive to see friends? I don’t know if her BF lived in Bishop, had license/car, etc.

I am pretty sure from what I have seen/read her bf lived in the city of bishop which is where the family lived before. Living there my whole life up until 2002, the rents in the city are higher then the out skirts, and this could be a reason why they moved. I am not sure if they have ever said why the moved out to Chalfant Valley. Most of the people I knew growing up who lived in Chalfant, Benton or Fish Lake Valley were all living on ranches, so that kinda gives an idea about the people in that area away from town.

Good questions.

And I can understand having to fix actual damage when your kid goes missing if you still need to rely on the car to drive around in but detailing? I mean come on. Who actually thinks about something like that when their kid is missing and can't be found?

Especially at the same time they're making tearfully gasping and ever so dramatic Facebook live videos.

"Oh yeah and Mike, can you detail that bad boy up for me as well while you're at it?"

Wth.

Back when this first happened people were posting on the mono police FB to check and see why SM was driving a rental car and put her own car in the shop. They were bombarding that page and then Mono started deleting them and banning people.

This is such an odd case. I knew about it as one of my friends on FB is a cousin to her. So I started watching all this as it unfolded.

Originally I didn't believe the sightings either; but now I do. I just can't imagine that 3 different people all saw someone else that early on a Sat morning. This is classified as a runaway because LE believes the witnesses are credible.

I do feel that the dad and SM are still lying about what really happened. I think there was a huge blow up and Karlie left.

Interesting. Thanks! Any theories about why SM would be holding a paper lookimg up at the sky? Or Karlie either?

Originally SM said Karlie was supposed to go to counseling for smoking pot. And that the counselor had given her a paper to fill out. And that was the paper she was holding that morning. I know go figure but that was the story at the time

To my list I should have added the inconsistencies.

Dad saying he was passed out when Karlie came home. Then changing it to in her room with her standing in the corner saying she was afraid of him.

The stepmom changing her story about what Karlie was wearing.

Changing her story about the morning routine.

What else did they change?

The boyfriend says that when he went to the house that morning, Karlies phone was in her bedroom next to the bed. SM insists it was left on the kitchen counter.

To my list I should have added the inconsistencies.

Dad saying he was passed out when Karlie came home. Then changing it to in her room with her standing in the corner saying she was afraid of him.

The stepmom changing her story about what Karlie was wearing.

Changing her story about the morning routine.

What else did they change?

Probably be easier to ask what hasn't changed. It is so hard to keep up with the inconsistencies there are so many.

BBM. I asked before about her car. Front end damage repair work? Did she say what happened to her car?
I apologize if this is not allowed, but I help run a missing persons page on Facebook and we have a group for Karlie, it’s been up since a week after her disappearance. Melissa joined the group under her own Facebook profile, it’s even linked to the “official bring Karlie home group” that she runs. Anyways, we offered her a platform to answer questions and I have ss of her answers. Her response to the car damage was she was driving all over the desert looking for Karlie and ran over boulders.

ETA- Melissa was in the group about 24 hours before leaving because she felt “attacked” even though we watched the posts like hawks, no one said anything defamatory, they just asked questions about her last moments with Karlie. When she answered them with more inconsistencies, she bailed.

LE says the witnesses are very credible. IMO I do think they saw her. Three different people saw a thin young woman walking early am. This is a very small subdivision. I can’t imagine that there was another girl walking that early on a Saturday.
I apologize if this is not allowed, but I help run a missing persons page on Facebook and we have a group for Karlie, it’s been up since a week after her disappearance. Melissa joined the group under her own Facebook profile, it’s even linked to the “official bring Karlie home group” that she runs. Anyways, we offered her a platform to answer questions and I have ss of her answers. Her response to the car damage was she was driving all over the desert looking for Karlie and ran over boulders.

ETA- Melissa was in the group about 24 hours before leaving because she felt “attacked” even though we watched the posts like hawks, no one said anything defamatory, they just asked questions about her last moments with Karlie. When she answered them with more inconsistencies, she bailed.
very interesting, thank you!

At this point I can't believe anything from the father and SM. Not only have they changed some facts, but they very specifically have lied about the times when things occurred.

Even on the show they lied about what they were refusing to tell the producers.

The only time I am certain of is the text at 5:48 am from SM to the friend, and that the text only asked about what they smoked. I find it really hard to believe that she went to sleep immediately after asking such a concerned question.

She also repeats 5:30 am as if that is an important time for her. It was the original time she gave for waking up, as well as the time she said she woke up every day to search.

I am also not sure of the 3:30 am time the father gave for when he woke up and saw Karlie. He seemed to jump at the opportunity to say that even though it doesn't have much significance in her disappearance. Yet they refuse to play the audio even though that has huge significance. Even when Dr. Phil tells them how much info he can get from it.

Like someone posted early on, they may not have anything to do with her disappearance but they are definitely hiding something, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆