CA - Katherine Jackson, 82, Michael Jackson's mom reported missing

Seeing as the other sibling are touring and trying to make a living entertaining, I think they really wanted control of the kids so they could use the children in their shows. That way THEY would be making money off of the kids.

Maybe they know that fighting the will is a lost cause and they are on to the next scam which is exploiting the kids for profit and controlling them. They could make the kids part of their shows. They would make money as "managers", partners, off of merchandise, underhanded deals, etc.

The siblings feel entitled to Michael's money (as evidenced by their court battles as well as the fact that two of his brothers wanted Michael's estate to pay THEIR child support for their kids. They resent the fact that MJ's kids have not worked for the money they have which is why they consider them "spoiled".

Joe and KJ's kids had to work during childhood to support the family so perhaps the Janet, Randy, etc, now think that the new generation should support THEM, just as they supported their elders.

I guess the Jackson siblings feel that without them, that MJ would have never had a career. Bitter grapes have left a lasting resentment in them. MJ is dead and he is still more popular and makes more money that they do.

I don't think the siblings really see MJl's kids as "Jacksons". Honestly I wonder if they are biologically MJs kids. I'm not saying that in any ugly way at all, just thinking that perhaps he didn't want his children to have the same genes as his screwed up family. Maybe he preferred that they not be biologically related to his family. Seriously.

OT but I know I would prefer that my child not have the same genes as my family. I have 2 cousins who have chosen not to have children because my mothers side of the family is so screwed up. Also,Mj had vitiligo, which does have some genetic component. Perhaps he did not wish to take that chance on passing it to a child of his.

But there is no doubt that MJ was 100% their father in the ways that matter. He nurtured and protected his kids and never exploited them or abused them. he made sure their childhood was nothing like his. I think he (much like me) was able to make right all of the wrongs against him from his childhood by having his own kids and making sure that their childhood was everything a childhood should be.

It is only after his death that I am truly understanding Michael, what he went thru and what his children meant to him. I can see that he was open with his children about the things that went wrong in his childhood, just as I did with my child. Thank goodness he did that because now they are essentially on their own emotionally with just each other to trust.

I'm sure they love KJ but KJ is being manipulated and exploited an is vulnerable to that because that's how her life has always been.

i feel for these kids because they have a lifetime ahead of them full of people who are just itching to exploit them or get at their money.

THANK YOU!!! I agree with everything you said. Very well expressed and well thought out. The Jackson sibs are bitter and angry because they see these 'children' of Michaels getting all of the $$$ and all of the popularity and the world interest. And on top of all that, they look nothing like any of the other Jacksons, so it angers them even more, imo. These kids need to build some big protective barriers around themselves because it is only going to get worse, imo.

Are they saying she is unable to care for the kids? She is old to have a 10 year old but with that much money she can hire plenty of help. Too bad the kids can't have good normal lives without a bunch of crazy drama.

I'm very concerned TJ now has his hands in the money and decisions for the kids. I think he is probably the same as the rest of them. A co guardian is very helpful for Katherine, but I wish the executors would have hired one that is not connected with the Jacksons.

I don't believe the children are biologically related to Michael and for the same reasons as mentioned in that excellent post by SwampMama. I always thought he didn't want Joe's DNA in them. They are still 100% Michael's.

I heard a blub on HLN today that the feud is still percolating. I just hope the siblings can't get to the kids money and actually exploit them through TJ.

Are they saying she is unable to care for the kids? She is old to have a 10 year old but with that much money she can hire plenty of help. Too bad the kids can't have good normal lives without a bunch of crazy drama.

That is an adorable little doggie.

FYI, I was just reading the Petition for Appointment of Guardian filed today and noticed that in item 8, co-guardianship is mentioned, as:

Should the court find it appropriate to reinstate the suspended guardian, the court should appointed [sic] the proposed guardian as a Co-Guardian and further order that on death or inability to act by either Co-Guardian, the other Co-Guardian would act alone.

~jmo~

pretty standard language in Co-Guardianship situations FWIW. IANAL but I work for one and this is one of his areas of practice/emphasis, not with minors usually but with disabled adults and the elderly. Appointing Co-Guardians who are unable to act independently is begging for trouble.

Radaronline is reporting randy owes more than half a million dollars in child support. Why isn't that man in jail?

Jermaine Jackson -- a major ringleader in the Jackson family rebellion against the MJ Estate -- has officially defected from a family letter criticizing the Estate ... but still has "deep reservations" about the executors.

TMZ link

Janet Jackson did not slap or verbally abuse Paris Jackson during a confrontation at the Jackson family home in Calabasas last week.

Although we believed the story to be true when we published it, we have now determined it was not correct ...

TMZ link

~jmo~

Katherine Jackson resumes guardianship of Michael Jackson's children

A judge restored Katherine Jackson as permanent guardian of Michael Jackson's children and approved a plan to add their cousin T.J. Jackson as co-guardian during a hearing Thursday.

Diana Ross, whom Michael Jackson named as a backup guardian in his will, visited with the children Wednesday and agreed with the plan, according to the lawyer who represents the children.

~jmo~

Radaronline is reporting randy owes more than half a million dollars in child support. Why isn't that man in jail?

If he owes the child support in California- we're not exactly known for aggressive actions in terms of trying to collect support. My own brother left my sister-in-law with two young sons. He didn't pay a dime to her in support. She ended up going on welfare for several years until she was able to get her life back together after going back to school and being able to support herself and my nephews without having to depend on state aid. Fast forward about 20 years and my brother, for various reasons, needs to get some legal matters straightened out in California. He calls the office that handles non-payment of child support knowing he's going to have to pay them about $100K in back support, penalties and interest. And what do they tell him? The case is too old, we're not going to pursue it. $100K and broke state of CA is not going to pursue it when he's there ready to make arrangements to pay it. So it doesn't surprise me at all that Randy is a free man living life on his own terms despite not paying court ordered child support.

Jackson says she was kept from communicating
By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP
20 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES — The mystery of Michael Jackson's mother's disappearance was clarified Thursday with the release of court papers that said she was kept from communicating with outsiders while at a resort and was unaware she had been reported missing.

Katherine Jackson declared in the documents that she learned she was the subject of a search when she accidentally heard a TV report.

Before that, she said, she was kept virtually incommunicado without access to a phone or her iPad. She said her stay at the Tucson resort was unplanned, and she went there after she was told her doctor had ordered her to rest.

Before that, she had intended to take a cross-country RV trip to see her sons perform in concerts...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20120731/US.Jackson.Family.Dispute/

By Hollie McKay
Pop Tarts
Published August 02, 2012
FoxNews.com
For decades, the extended Jackson family has held an annual “Family Day” usually in the late summer, during which all the relatives reunite, cook, play card games and make an effort to limit the fighting and play nice.
Sources tell Fox411.com that the event was long-scheduled for this Wednesday, and the family fought hard to go ahead with the reunion, but at the last minute, they had no choice but to “postpone.”
“The Jackson’s really pushed hard for Family Day to happen and Katherine was really holding out for it because she wanted things to die down,” an insider told FOX411’s Pop Tarts. “But it got too complicated with certain members being banned from the Calabasas house, although they still wanted to go anyway and thumb it to the estate, but in the end they had to postpone. No new date has been set.”

It was probably a wise decision to postpone that 'family' day. lol I think it might have ended up as the lead story on TMZ.

It was probably a wise decision to postpone that 'family' day. lol I think it might have ended up as the lead story on TMZ.
This family puts the fun back in "dysfunctional"!

Glad to know that Katherine see that something very sinister was going on. Her crooked children's holding her captive cost her custody of her grandkids but I think that it might have worked out for the best after all.
Now everyone is aware of what conniving, desperate and money hungry creatures the siblings are. They thought could pull a fast one but found out that they couldn't. The kids now have even more people in charge of them and their situation so that the Jackson siblings can't just overpower their mom and take over the kids and the kids' money and exploit them.
So nice to see that all of the ugly crap the siblings tried to pull has backfired on them bigtime!

IMO Katherine is just as much to blame for the way her children turned out as Joe. Of course she'll say whatever she needs to say....after all she wants that money too. She is no better than than the rest.

IMO Katherine is just as much to blame for the way her children turned out as Joe. Of course she'll say whatever she needs to say....after all she wants that money too. She is no better than than the rest.

Hell-to-the-yeah!

I'm sorry but she raised those horrible children of hers and she can't blame them when they turn on her like zombies screaming "caaash, we neeeeed caaaash".

Ugh. Narsty. Poor Paris, Prince and Blanket.

I think she is better. I think she created a talented and ultimately loving family.

I don't think that a woman of her age is "all about the money". She wont live much longer and she knows that. Holding her enormous brood together is more of a mothers calling than a sign of greed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back