CA CA - Khadijah Britton, 23, Covelo, 9 Feb 2018 *POI* *Reward*

So many felons believe that "corpus delicti" means that if a murder victim's body can't be found, the murder can't be prosecuted. However, "corpus delicti" refers to the body of the legal case, not the body of the victim. If LE can't find Khadijah's remains, prosecution may be more difficult, but is still possible.This perp may be in for a surprise....

What follows is ugly confirmation of something I learned during my first week in California. I moved out to Covelo in 1983. The first bit of town gossip I heard was that two Native American families, the Lincolns and the Brittons, had been feuding for generations. Twelve years later, the feud erupted into three murders within 24 hours. Now it seems that Khadijah may be the latest victim. It's likely she was a retaliation killing for the murder of a member of the Lincoln clan, Belle Rodriguez.

Anderson Valley Advertiser, 15 April 2015: Bear Lincoln Talks About the Murder of Belle Rodriguez

Another arrest in relation to Khadijah's case...

"Antonia Bautista-Dalson, 20, was taken into custody on an arrest warrant earlier that day, when a deputy spotted her at a Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office substation in Covelo, Sheriff’s Lt. Shannon Barney said. Bautista-Dalson, who was at the substation for an unrelated matter, was booked about 5:35 p.m. on felony suspicion of harboring or concealing a wanted felon, the county’s booking logs show....

As of Tuesday, Fallis still faced possession of gun and ammunition charges resulting from his Feb. 19 arrest but is no longer in jail, Barney said. He was released on bail on June 30, and it was unclear Wednesday when his next court date would be."

Woman’s arrest linked to Khadijah Britton missing person’s case

So Falis pled no contest to felon owning a firearm for a stipulated four year sentence. No action on kidnapping or homicide charges. Yet.

I am scanning the latest clip from the Anderson Valley Advertiser on the case:

Attachments

• Britton1 .pdf
    200.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Britton2.pdf
    216.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Britton3.pdf
    65.2 KB · Views: 3
Khadijah Britton from The Vanished Podcast

Defendant Negie Tony Fallis, age 38, of Covelo, entered a no contest plea to being a convicted felon in unlawful possession of a firearm, a felony. He also admitted having served a prior prison term for a 2012 Glenn County conviction for felony child abuse.

Defendant Fallis’ case will be called again in Dept. B on Dec. 4, 2018 at 9 o’clock in the morning for judgment and sentencing. He will be remanded into custody at that time to begin serving a stipulated four year state prison sentence.

Defendant Fallis’ current purported girlfriend, Antonia Dulce Bautista Dalson, age 20. of Covelo, also entered a no contest plea to a being an accessory, a felony, by assisting Fallis elude law enforcement and by attempting to hide from law enforcement the firearms that her purported boyfriend unlawfully possessed.

Defendant Bautista Dalson’s case will be called again in Dept. B on Dec. 11, 2018 at 9 o’clock in the morning for her judgment and sentencing. This defendant pleaded “open” today, meaning she can be granted supervised probation with up to one year in the county jail or be sentenced to local prison for up to three years.
Sentencing in Fallis case – The Willits News

Family is offering a $60,000.00 reward now...

Stephanie A Britton
On Thursday, the family of Khadijah Britton increased a reward for information about the missing woman from $50,000 to $60,000, according to a Facebook page devoted to finding her.
The suspect was eventually arrested and searchers scoured the area. Fallis and his alleged girlfriend pled guilty this week to charges unrelated to Britton’s disappearance. Fallis will be taken into custody on December 4 after sentencing.

Antonia Dulce Bautista Dalson, age 20, his alleged girlfriend will go in for sentencing a week later.

The Facebook page said that the reward is “for any information leading to her whereabouts or safe return home. If you have any information please call the Tip Line at (707) 234-2100.”
Earlier articles:
Missing Woman’s Family Increases Reward for Information to $60,000

Twenty-three-year-old Khadijah Britton vanished on February 7, 2018 from a Covelo home, where a witness reported that she had been taken at gunpoint by her ex-boyfriend, Negie Fallis. Khadijah is a member of the Round Valley Indian Tribes. The Department of Justice reports that 55 percent of indigenous women experience violence inflicted by an intimate partner. In the same report, Justice Department researchers found that more than 1.5 million American Indian and Alaskan Native women have experienced violence first-hand.

“Shortly before she went missing, Khadijah went to the police and told them that she didn’t want to proceed with the charges against Negie. She just walked into the tribal police office and said she wanted withdraw the charges,” Marissa Jones says on this week’s episode of “The Vanished” podcast. Jones speaks to Khadijah’s aunt, Laura, about the day Khadijah disappeared, the events leading up to her disappearance, and the ongoing court cases involving Khadijah’s ex-boyfriend and a young woman he was involved with.
Anyone with information about Khadijah Britton is urged to call the anonymous tip line at 707-234-2100.
Native American Khadijah Britton Missing 8 Months – Lake County Record-Bee

When I passed through Hopland yesterday, I noticed a vivid bedsheet-sized banner of Khadijah, offering a reward for info. From the professional appearance of the banner, it is probably not the only one produced. Khadijah's folks are doing a terrific job of keeping the public aware of her case.

Meantime, Falis is locked up. Anyone afraid of him should take comfort in that. And hopefully, someone will disclose what they know about this case, and Falis can stay safely locked up.

Sheriff's Office will hold press conference on missing woman Khadijah Britton Dec. 6 • The Mendocino Voice
MENDOCINO Co., 11/29/18 — The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference to discuss the search for Khadijah Britton at the Mendocino Superior Courthouse on December 6, at 2 p.m.. The press conference will take place on the steps of the courthouse (weather permitting), and will consist of an update on the disappearance of Britton, the Covelo woman who has been missing since February 7 of this year, according to MCSO's Lt. Shannon Barney. A representative, or agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), are also expected be present.

It seems Ms Bautista-Dalson declined to show up for her sentencing on 18 December. There is a warrant out for her arrest.

I guess she didn't want to spend Christmas behind bars....

MCT: Friday, December 21, 2018

It seems Ms Bautista-Dalson declined to show up for her sentencing on 18 December. There is a warrant out for her arrest.

I guess she didn't want to spend Christmas behind bars....

MCT: Friday, December 21, 2018

She surrendered to tribal police before Christmas and was finally sentenced Jan 10 to “split sentences” of 18 months in jail and 18 months supervised release. She will probably serve just 8 months in jail.

I am local, and I would be happy to help with this case in any way that is needed.

What a nice offer! It might be helpful if you could keep an eye on the FB group since they post news articles and that might make it possible to get them posted here sooner. Someone else may have other ideas.

Help find Khadijah Britton Public Group | Facebook

Be sure to review the rules for posting things from social media. Thanks!

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I don’t know if you mean local to Covelo, but decades ago when we lived in Humboldt County we spent a beautiful day in Covelo when the California poppies were blooming in the Round Valley and snow was on the mountains. I still have photos I took. It was beautiful!

January 11, 2019 at 11:18 am | UPDATED: January 14, 2019 at 10:08 am

According to the Mendocino County District Attorney’s Office, defendant Antonia Dulce Bautista-Dalson, 21, of Covelo, made an in-custody appearance in the Mendocino County Superior Court on the morning of Thursday, Jan. 10 to hear her sentence and short term fate. The defendant’s sentencing hearing was originally scheduled in December but she failed to appear and a warrant was issued for her arrest. She later surrendered to tribal police days before Christmas. Following Thursday’s contested sentencing hearing, Bautista Dalson was returned to the Mendocino County Jail to begin serving a local prison sentence.

Convicted by plea of being an accessory to felon Negie Fallis’ illegal possession of firearms, Bautista-Dalson’s defense counsel argued his client was accepting full responsibility for her actions and poor judgment, and was deserving of leniency due to her age, lack of criminal record, drug addiction, and desire to regain custody of her children.
<Snip>
Laura Betts, Khadijah Britton’s aunt, was present at the sentencing, and added that Bautista-Dalson was ordered to attend a six-month inpatient drug rehabilitation program once her jail sentence is completed. “She was also ordered to have zero contact with Negie Fallis III. This can be crucial since neither one of them will know what the other one is telling the authorities,” said Betts.
Read more: Bautista-Daulson sentenced to three years jail time – The Willits News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back