CA - Kids find dismembered newborn, South L.A., 25 April 2015

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by los2188, Apr 26, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Children Discover Dismembered Infant in South L.A.; ‘Significant Portions’ of Body Missing
    [​IMG]
    Human remains, believed to be that of an infant, were found in South L.A. on April 25, 2015. (Credit: KTLA)
    http://ktla.com/2015/04/25/infant-remains-appear-to-be-found-in-south-l-a-sheriffs-department/

2. Loading...

3. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Crown Winner by Default ~ Don't Judge :D

omg :anguish: a five year old and a nine year old discovered this poor child!!!!!!

this is unbelievable..........

http://ktla.com/2015/04/25/infant-remains-appear-to-be-found-in-south-l-a-sheriffs-department/

“Significant portions of the body are still missing,” the news release stated.

The baby’s head was discovered in a home’s front yard and a leg was found in its backyard.
    =============
    lordy lordy :rose:

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A nine-year-old girl found the leg of a newborn baby thrown in the backyard of her Westmont, Los Angeles home, Saturday afternoon. Later, the baby's head was also found in the yard after searches.

Police say significant parts of the baby are still missing and have appealed for local residents to check their trash cans and yards. The remains were located at the 1500 block of West 104th St.

http://abc7.com/news/lasd-investigating-possible-remains-of-infant-in-westmont/681811/

5. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

6. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

:scared:

7. los2188

Really awful!

8. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Heads up :) There were two threads on this story so they have been merged. What a horrific story.

9. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Thank you tycla, my fault. I was sure Los would have posted the case but I didn't see. Sorry!

10. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

It's often difficult to ascertain if a newborn took a breath or not, and that's needed to bring serious charges such as homicide, I think, in cases of newborns dumped.

It's very hard to see how whoever cut this baby up will avoid very serious charges though. I hope he/she is caught.

11. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

I wish I could unread...

12. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

I have no words.....feeling sick to my stomach.

13. los2188

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel for the kids who found this baby. Any word as to whether or not the baby was alive during this disgusting act?

14. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

15. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I found a link from the local CBS affiliate which has statements from the 9 year old girl (who is named in said article) who found remains, including video of her being interviewed by a local reporter. I will post a snip and the link but I am not comfortable using her named even though her parents apparently authorized the news org to use it and allowed the interview. Therefore I am opting to redact her name to initials.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ssibly-of-infant-found-in-unincorporated-l-a/

16. DeDee

DeDee Active Member

The 9yo's family needs to move far away in order to save the sanity of their beautiful daughter. She's terrified of her home now.

Bless all of the little children.

17. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

Trying not to be too graphic here but maybe the baby was left in a trash can or alley and a dog or dogs found it. What I mean is maybe the dismemberment wasn't done by a person.

18. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

I thought of coyotes, however considering the area, probably not.
    The question remains, though, who is missing a baby!

19. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

Ugh! It's horrible enough that a baby may have been murdered, and was treated with such disregard (even if stillborn), then the remains being discovered by young children make this all the more disturbing.

"Near the fence" makes me think the remains were tossed over the fence from a neighbor's yard. Could be a resident of that neighboring home who did the deed, a friend or family member did, or perhaps that yard wasn't fenced and it was just more accessible, but probably done by someone who lives in the neighborhood or with ties to someone living in the neighborhood. When the person is found, I hope she is made to pay for the counseling of those children who found the remains.

LE/ the ME will be able to easily tell whether the infant was dismembered using a tool (by a human) or by an animal. Are surveillance cameras on any of the homes nearby?

20. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Absolutely unbelievable.
    My daughter would never, ever be the same if she came across something like that. :tears:

21. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

My husband and I saw this little girl on the 11pm news last night. He is usually a very laidback, calm guy. But he was so angry that her parents let her talk to the reporter and be televised, talking about this horrid crime. As he sadi, she should be talking to a counselor, not a news reporter. :mad: