Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just catching up here. Did her phone last ping at the campground that evening, or has LE been able to follow any pings leading out of the campground at all, do you know?
I’ve been following pretty closely since the beginning of the case and as far as I know, there’s been no info about phone pings- simply that the phone has been out of service since the party.

Prosser Lake is 99 feet at it's deepest, which is offshore of dam and not easily driveable. The dam is more like a big rock berm and even though you drive over it, it would be difficult to launch yourself in a vehicle into the deepest part.

As it is in summer and there is a drought everywhere, I'm not sure what the current depth is.

It should take only a drone flyover to figure out if there is a vehicle in there or a quick review by divers (although at 5700 ft it's a high-altitude, riskier dive). The area around the shoreline where one would drive a car into the reservoir is maximally 40 ft and all of it is regularly examined, in a way, by the scans on boats fishing in it.

https://fishing-app.gpsnauticalchar...Reservoir+boating+app#14.91/39.3811/-120.1540

I’ve been following pretty closely since the beginning of the case and as far as I know, there’s been no info about phone pings- simply that the phone has been out of service since the party.
Thanks! Maybe that's why they're leaning toward abduction - perhaps they know it did just last ping at the campground and no teenager is ever without their phone, so it could have been turned off by someone else.

Prosser Lake is 99 feet at it's deepest, which is right next to the dam and not easily driveble, not near the shore

It should take only a drone flyover to figure out if there is a vehicle in there or a quick review by divers (although at 5700 ft it's a high-altitude, riskier dive). The area around the shoreline where one would drive a car into the reservoir is maximally 40 ft and all of it is regularly examined, in a way, by the scans on boats fishing in it.
I can’t find it now, but I’m quite sure the original search on Saturday included drone and helicopter flyovers of the campgrounds, and I swear it included the reservoir and/or dam area. This may be from her mother’s first Facebook post Saturday evening though, which I’m not sure has been approved or will be.

I'm also curious what made Kiely want to leave and drive home if she had been planning on staying the night, especially if she wasn't in a good state to drive. Did she get into a fight with a friend, significant other, or other party goer? Was someone there making her uncomfortable? Did she start not feeling well?

It would also be interesting to know when the last time she got gas was, and how much she had driven around since then, in attempt to figure out the possible range her vehicle could have traveled.

Maybe I'm lost in translation but I think the law doesn't say that getting or having a tattoo under the age of 18 is a crime. What's forbidden (in California) is to perform a tattoo on a person under the age of 18.

But anyways it doesn't seem relevant to this case.
California law requires a person to be at least 18 years of age in order legally to get a tattoo. In fact, according to Penal Code 653 PC, it is a criminal offense to “ink” or administer a tattoo to a minor under the age of 18.

Penal Code 653 PC - Tattooing a Minor - California Law

Is it legal to tattoo under 18 in California?​

The Penal Code 653 is the section of the California law that addresses getting a tattoo before the age of 18. According to the part of the law, it is illegal for anybody 18 years old or younger to get tattooed, and it is also illegal for anyone to offer to tattoo them.
What Age Can You Get A Tattoo In California? - Inland Empire

I'm also curious what made Kiely want to leave and drive home if she had been planning on staying the night, especially if she wasn't in a good state to drive. Did she get into a fight with a friend, significant other, or other party goer? Was someone there making her uncomfortable? Did she start not feeling well?
Impaired people can make rash decisions that make no sense; that’s the problem. When you’re too drunk to drive, in many cases you are too drunk to know you are too drunk to drive. Perhaps even more so at that age.

I wonder if her vehicle had any sort of tracking or roadside assistance on it? Whatever the Honda version of Onstar is.
I’m sure it depends on trim level, but my 2014 CRV did not have any type of HondaLink/roadside assistance/satellite GPS on it. I think it became more standard for Hondas just a year or two after - 2015/2016.

Last edited:
From my travels in the area...

The west side of 89 to the North had bad cell service.
The east side (on the roads toward Verdi) had service.
To the south, you are basically in the 80 corridor and cell service is generally strong.

If she (or someone) didn't turn her phone off, then I would be focusing closer on areas with bad cell service...even more helpful to narrow down the carrier and base bad areas off that... Verizon has much better coverage in the area than others.

Unless her battery died, but usually one would be able to charge their phone in their vehicle...

From my travels in the area...

The west side of 89 to the North had bad cell service.
The east side (on the roads toward Verdi) had service.
To the south, you are basically in the 80 corridor and cell service is generally strong.

If she (or someone) didn't turn her phone off, then I would be focusing closer on areas with bad cell service...even more helpful to narrow down the carrier and base bad areas off that... Verizon has much better coverage in the area than others.

Unless her battery died, but usually one would be able to charge their phone in their vehicle...

The north edge of Prosser Lake Reservoir area is about 8 miles as the crow flies from the I-80 corridor and there are no big mountains or other landscape features in the way.

I would expect very good cell service unless the party was much farther north from there.

I'm going to guess that this law may be mainly used by parents who find out their child got a tattoo without their permission and want the person who did the tattoo punished. I'd be unhappy if my minor child got a tattoo and I had no idea about the hygiene and safety of the person doing the tattoo. Unclean needles can spread disease.
You and me both.

MOD NOTE:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
NOT ALLOWED

Names or images of minor children are not allowed unless they are the missing or deceased victim.

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Random blogs or random youtube videos are also OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

Note also that there are two other large reservoirs in the area that would be easy to drive to on either paved or unpaved dirt roads:

Boca Reservoir: 1659981736841.png

Stampede Reservoir

1659981784452.png

Both of these are also open public access with campgrounds, boating, and fishing. Stampede is much larger than Boca, but Boca is closer to Prosser.

Both of these would be very busy on hot August days. I would think early morning fishermen could have noticed oil slicks on the water the next morning in any of the three reservoirs if her car had gone into one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong