Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The friend who she drove out to the party left after about 30 minutes and caught a ride home with her boyfriend.
We don't know that. LE would need to confirm that and I'm sure they are working on it. Same with Sammi the things she says we don't know that unless LE tells us that. So that's why I was paying so much attention to what LE had to say vs Sammi. LE went back to get the last known sighting which is obviously thus far the store. They will work that forward to see which witnesses are confirmed and which are not. They cut the cameras off yesterday when Sammi started talking. So right now I am very big on hearing from LE. Whatever they repeat I would consider fact.

*edit to add*
Just to be clear the reason they probably cut the cameras is they are using her as a resource to gather anonymous tips. I still think that because she would have been pulled out of this if she was making things up. I'm not targeting someone trying to help. I just think it's a tad misleading to hang on her every word as fact if she's helping LE.

Who was the last person to see the victim alive? Is it the same person leading the search parties into Reno or where ever? I don't trust what we're being told and the story keeps changing. I remain confident the FBI will get to the bottom of this tragic incident. imhoo

I don't see one person in the video of the partygoers that's got a beer or cup of liquid courage in their hands. So, where was all the booze?

Party scene begins at 0:04

#JusticeForKiely
What’s the stuff on the ground? Discarded beverage containers or just part of the terrain??

Thanks....I thought I was the only one wondering about that. Arriving at 10, sitting in a car to "charge batteries" and leave early. What kind of party is that?
You’d think that one would carry a portable phone charger when out in the woods because it’s possible that a phone would be constantly searching for a cell tower.

@imstilla.grandma , That is so beautiful and touching, Thank You for posting!
I may be one of the few on here who doesn’t think she’s in the water and will probably have to eat crow later but I don’t care. I mean, yes of course, it’s the most logical, reasonable and probable conclusion. Idk why I don’t think so. Maybe it’s wishful thinking. Maybe it’s faith. I dreamed of her last night. I’m sitting in her house on the couch with Lindsey when Kiely walks in through the front door with her long blonde hair flowing and her youthful skin glowing. I’ve had so many miracles happen in my life.
I believe…

I was talking to my neighbor after my run… on Sat morning he went stand up paddling from the boat launch. When he got there 9am, there was a kind of a rundown truck stuck in the mud next the boat ramp with no license plates, NRA stickers etc. I asked if he reported it and he hadn’t…. He figured people already reported it. I told him to report it anyway….
Wonder if it was still there when people showed up to look for her, if not, that means someone else pulled it out and could maybe be a witness to what the early morning looked like.

Looking for some clarification:
Is it friend bashing when we ask questions or examine what someone in the forefront of the case or often acts as a spokesperson is saying?

As a parent of five kids (most adults, only one remains a teen) if the story my kids are telling me changes or evolves I know I need to ask more questions, because there is usually more to the story than they are saying.

We are all desperately wanting to bring Kiely home to her family, perhaps that is why we examine every word given by witnesses and why we question what appears to be inconsistencies. How can we ask or examine the whole picture and leave out the friend(s) of the missing person?

My Apple Watch does the fall detection. I don't even have cell service to my watch. The iphone has to be within 50 feet or so, and it will dial 911 if my Apple Watch detects a fall and I don't respond. (Skip the Life Alert aka "old lady necklace", $50 + landline, already!) Maybe there could be a feature for over-the-limit detection? There might even be one already.
There's always the feature where you have to blow into a little apparatus or you can't drive. There's prolly one you can coordinate with an iphone, so parents can track?
Kids will find a way around technology before the adults!

My theory is she is another resource. It does feel awkward but LE stated there was a problem with teens coming forward to give their stories. I suspect they had her change her story so she wasn't giving out details they need for the investigation. So people focused on her and I think we should be focusing on the very precise details the point of contact for LE gives. Her job I think is to get anonymous confessions from teens because all anyone cares about is finding Kiely if that makes sense.
I Wonder how their meeting with her & other teens went last night. They were supposed to meet with no adults present to possibly share info with her.

I really think it's possible no one saw anything, or they were too drunk to remember if they did.

I'm sure cars were coming and going all night, and it wouldn't have taken long for a car to disappear into the water.
With drinking and people coming and going, there is a lot that could have happened that people didn't notice. Drinking, nighttime, woods, hormones and strangers aren't a great combination.

Not sure if this is fire related or what…

The only results for this tail # on the forum I see were Petito related searches

Last edited:
I Wonder how their meeting with her & other teens went last night. They were supposed to meet with no adults present to possibly share info with her.
Yeah, what could go wrong with that. Get all the teens that were there together with no adults present. Regardless of the intent, it was a great opportunity for everyone to get on the same page, with the same story. JMO

Last edited:
Not sure if this is fire related or what…

The only results for this tail # on the forum I see were Petito related searches
View attachment 358815

That's a big Sikorsky work helicopter. Right there it's doing maintenance on the Northstar Ski Resort ski lifts and lift towers. Possibly hauling heavy loads to the top of the lifts,

Monday and Tuesday it was doing maintenance on the Mt. Rose Ski Resort lifts and lift towers near Incline, NV. It also does some timber hauling when they are clearing old fire areas of burned trees.

Nothing at all to do with KR's disappearance, unfortunately

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads