Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities are considering her disappearance suspicious, and search and rescue crews have bee looking for her.

Sami Smith, a friend of Rodni's who was with her at the party, is concerned someone else is involved.

From MSM:

The sheriff's office says that Kiely Rodni, of Truckee, was last seen early Saturday morning near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was at a high school farewell party with more than 100 young people around 12:20 a.m.

Thank you so much! Nothing nefarious sounding here! For goodness sakes! I just read that! And the farewell party stuff just went right by me!

New mainstream media article. New pics, new friend statement.

I saw this just a few minutes ago. I couldn't grab the link---glad you did!

"Authorities are considering her disappearance suspicious, and search and rescue crews have bee[n] looking for her."

Friend feels someone else is involved.

As a teen I went to tons of parties/camping hang outs like this. It doesn't always mean there's hard drugs or it's a rave, usually the kids who want to hang out outside are more lowkey and just smoke pot and drink. That being said, weed and alcohol are a terrible on their own or together for teens.
I can see her meeting some friends and going on an impromptu road trip after the party, if everyone was camping there? Again, as a teen I would go to a house show and meet new people and hang out with them for the next 24-48 hours, especially when I was 16-17 and didn't have a job I had to get to. Hoping that this is a memorable adventure and not anything sinister.
But she is the only one missing. And its her cell phone that is down.

<modsnip - post discussing comments from social media removed>

Oh I didn't see that! No the reason has thankfully been reported by MSM now. It was a High School farewell party.

See above for info. on party @Tyra1003 :) .
Ok I'm confused.
Where's the links for <modsnip - social media rumor> farwell party?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm confused.
Where's the links for <modsnip - rumor> and farwell party?!!
Farewell party.

The sheriff's office says that Kiely Rodni, of Truckee, was last seen early Saturday morning near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was at a high school farewell party with more than 100 young people around 12:20 a.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
But she is the only one missing. And its her cell phone that is down.

Yes, the cell phone being down is the scary thing. By 'down' they must mean unanswerable/straight to voice mail? Because even if her battery was dead and someone phoned, it would go to voicemail, right?

Wondering if this would indicate she went into water. The campground was at a huge lake, so it's possible. It was dark, remote, rural. Anyone could take a wrong turn or two, drive into it accidentally while sober.....even more chance if intoxicated

MOO.

What is the significance of her having "17" tattooed on her rib, if anything? What does that symbolize, if anyone knows?

It is a crime to get a tattoo in CA if under age of 18yo....

In fact, according to Penal Code 653 PC, it is a crime to “ink” or administer a tattoo to a minor under the age of 18.

A violation of this code section is charged as a misdemeanor. The crime is punishable by:

• custody in the county jail for not more than six months; and/or,
  • a maximum fine of $1,000.

How old do you have to be to get a tattoo in California?

It is a crime to get a tattoo in CA if under age of 18yo....

In fact, according to Penal Code 653 PC, it is a crime to “ink” or administer a tattoo to a minor under the age of 18.

A violation of this code section is charged as a misdemeanor. The crime is punishable by:

• custody in the county jail for not more than six months; and/or,
  • a maximum fine of $1,000.

How old do you have to be to get a tattoo in California?
And yet, once again, teenagers get around the laws.

Plea from mom.

Heartbreaking. To the extent possible, Mom needs to keep repeating her message to Kiely in as many online places as possible. If Kiely is out there as a voluntary runaway, she will very likely be paying attention to the search and see these messages. It may take time, but they can touch her heart and make her want to come home, as a previous case on WS taught me.
JMO

Yes, the cell phone being down is the scary thing. By 'down' they must mean unanswerable/straight to voice mail? Because even if her battery was dead and someone phoned, it would go to voicemail, right?

Wondering if this would indicate she went into water. The campground was at a huge lake, so it's possible. It was dark, remote, rural. Anyone could take a wrong turn or two, drive into it accidentally while sober.....even more chance if intoxicated

MOO.
I need to correct my comment. Her cell phone is not down, it is out of service.

I don't think it is a case of calls going to voice mail. moo

When a cell number is temporarily out of service, it means that the cell phone attached to the number is unable to connect to the carrier network.

I need to correct my comment. Her cell phone is not down, it is out of service.

I don't think it is a case of calls going to voice mail. moo

When a cell number is temporarily out of service, it means that the cell phone attached to the number is unable to connect to the carrier network.

So could that mean its in a lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member