Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely take this to mean that Samantha was riding home with a friend. She said previously that Kiely was going to give her a ride home, but Samantha changed her mind when she saw her condition.

Law enforcement would have a good idea of at least the general location where Kiely was when she called Samantha, based on cell tower data.
The data might not be that great if the towers are far and few between, though. The distance between Truckee and Prosser might only be served by one tower?

BBM...Merely running a magnet along the boat ramp area may not find a car in the lake. I am sure some of you remember back to 1994, when a South Carolina woman, Susan Smith, rolled her car off a boat ramp, into John D Long Lake in Union, SC, with her 2 small children inside. It took 9 days to find her car, partly because it was missed when the lake was first searched. LE assumed the car would be within 30 feet of the bank, and it was over 100 feet out into the lake. JMO
Point being to search the area, which it appears they are

Flightradar24

Interesting: CHP helicopter was running along I-80 eastbound, just east of Donner Summit is now circling those ponds nearby Cold Creek Road near to where her family's home is and now heading up by road towards the Lost Trail Lodge area

This is not CHP normally surveying traffic

Last edited:
I live less than 1/2 mile from the site of the party. I’ve lived in this neighborhood for 20 years and have run or mountain biked thru the trails and where the kids were partying hundreds it not 1000s of times. I just got back from a run and there were a ton of official Orange Search and Rescue teams out there, helicopters over head and tons of other people on the shores of Prosser either on foot, 4x4s or on the water on paddle boards. Where the party was, is fairly shallow and the water level is rapidly decreasing day by day. I run by this spot 4x week.

My own daughters are just a couple years older and went to these parties all the time in the summer, especially during Covid. Although their parties were 30max kids. They would circle the cars up, turn on headlights, play music and hang… booze and pot were the norm. Never any fires. They would all sleep in their cars… my daughters had a beat up Subie Outback and then come home in the AM.

Anyhow, the immediate terrain around is definitely being gone over with a fine toothed comb. I’ll probably grab my Mtn bike a cruise around on some the less obvious terrain later today when it gets cooler.

Either way, this hits way too close to home…
Thanks for your insight and personal knowledge of the area. Any particular roads / trails that would be harder to navigate if one was under the influence as some have observed Kiely was? Her friend Samantha indicated (per SMS interview) that Kiely knew the area well, had been to the party location on several occasions, etc...would it be be easy to take the wrong turn, etc. driving from the party location to the family lodge?

I'm wondering if there is something that is not being released publicly to involve the FBI so quickly & LE leaning towards abduction, especially with her car also being missing. If she was abducted, how did the abductor get to the party? Who was missing a friend when they left? Were any cars left in the field? First guess for me in a rugged area like that, is going to be some type of car accident. She's also likely got less than a year of driving experience, at least at night, on her own. And if she was buzzed, even more likely for a wrong turn somewhere.

I wonder if something specific happened at that party that the kids are talking to LE about, or someone that was "off" or some type of incident.

moo

Here is an article quoting her mother's timeline. Although I am not really sure of how credible the news source is. I have not really read anything else from them. So I defer to members more in the know regarding source material.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office continues to search for missing 16-year-old Truckee resident, Kiely Rodni. Detectives are currently following up on leads and our Falcon 30 helicopter is assisting the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office with the search for Kiely. Our air operations crew will be flying over the Interstate 80 corridor between Donner Summit and the Nevada state line, and will continue searching around the Prosser Lake area.

Despite the numerous resources we have utilized, Kiely and her vehicle are still missing. We are currently coordinating with the California Highway Patrol, Truckee Police, FBI, and the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office as we continue our search for Kiely.

We are trying to obtain as much information as possible — our focus is getting Kiely home safely. If anyone has any information about Kiely and her whereabouts, please call our tip line: (530) 581-6320 Option 7.

Thanks for your insight and personal knowledge of the area. Any particular roads / trails that would be harder to navigate if one was under the influence as some have observed Kiely was? Her friend Samantha indicated (per SMS interview) that Kiely knew the area well, had been to the party location on several occasions, etc...would it be be easy to take the wrong turn, etc. driving from the party location to the family lodge?
There is one paved road in and out of this area and no other dirt roads to get out easily... especially with just a Honda CRV. Once you get on 89... and if she were to turn north, then the dirt roads out there are endless. I've been out there exploring a ton on my dual sport.... beautiful remote areas. Tonight I was planning on hit mostly the area confined by the reservoir

Here is an article quoting her mother's timeline. Although I am not really sure of how credible the news source is. I have not really read anything else from them. So I defer to members more in the know regarding source material.

This quote from her mom kind of firms up the timeline and whether or not she was planning to camp out or go home.

“"The last text I got from her was at 11:30 that night saying that she was going to be leaving the party at 12:15 AM and coming straight home. I asked her to wake me up when she got home, like is always the case, and she said, 'Ok mama, I love you.' And then she never came home, and I woke up at 8 o'clock in the morning," Rodni-Nieman continued.

Kiely's friend Samantha

Reporter - What can you tell me about the turnout so far this morning? I know there was about 100 people here earlier?

Sami - We posted about this on all the social media's last night and apparently it got a really far outreach. We have a lot of people who've text me saying they're still on their way. They're coming after work. I told people I will be here all day, so a lot of people are trying to join us today to try and find her, probably over 100 people by now.

Reporter - I know you were telling me you were with Kiely on Friday. What was the last communication you had with her? When was that and what did she tell you?

Sami - At about 12.36 am. I saw a call from her, so she called me. I was on my way home from the party and I was...she was supposed to give me a ride home, but I'd already told her I didn't need a ride home. And I answered it and she said, 'hey where are you? do you still need a ride home' and I was like, 'no I already told you this, we're all good. I'm like in the car right now like, thank you so much' and she was like, 'yeah course, love you, goodnight, like, I'll see you tomorrow' and I was like 'ok, love you, see you tomorrow, be safe' and then after that nobody's had any contact or sighting of her. So, it's been complete radio silence, her phone has been off, her like, location isn't on and nobody seems to have reportedly even seen her after 12.30 am, so.

Reporter - And you know that she's familiar with the area, right? It's not like she doesn't know how to navigate the roads or anything like that?

Sami - Yeah, no, she's driven out there multiple times. She was gonna go camping out there later that day. She has lived in this town for pretty much all of her life, so she knows this area like the back of her hand, just like most of us do.

Reporter - We've seen people come here and split up into groups - How late can people come? Is there a plans to do this again tomorrow? What areas are you guys searching?

Sami - I'm going to be here all day. If you see somebody with a shirt that says 'Find Kiely - Team Member' or my name is Sami, so anybody can find me. We're going to be out here all day looking for her, I will be here. We have a registration thing. We're trying to look at all areas around here, even going down to San Francisco, if anybody's willing to go down there. We are...she could be anywhere in the country at this point, so, we are just trying to cover everywhere, anywhere possible and we are doing another one tomorrow.

Reporter - Got it. Lastly, what do you want people to know about Kiely? What kind of person is she and what's your message to her, if she happens to be seeing this?

Sami - Kiely is just such a bold and outgoing girl. She's always down to do anything you'll ask her to do. If you ask her to go cliff jumping, she'd be like, 'I'm on it, man. I'm down for it, no matter what'. And she's always smiling. She has probably the best laugh I've heard anybody have and she has a really pretty smile, and if she's seeing this right now, I just want her to know that me and everyone, we're all doing everything possible to try and find her. We are looking, we are searching, we are texting, we are spreading the information, we are talking to everybody, we are doing everything we can to try to find her. We will never give up, even if I have to leave at some point, I will cancel that so I can stay her. I'm not leaving until I find my friend.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office continues to search for missing 16-year-old Truckee resident, Kiely Rodni. Detectives are currently following up on leads and our Falcon 30 helicopter is assisting the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office with the search for Kiely. Our air operations crew will be flying over the Interstate 80 corridor between Donner Summit and the Nevada state line, and will continue searching around the Prosser Lake area.

Despite the numerous resources we have utilized, Kiely and her vehicle are still missing. We are currently coordinating with the California Highway Patrol, Truckee Police, FBI, and the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office as we continue our search for Kiely.

We are trying to obtain as much information as possible — our focus is getting Kiely home safely. If anyone has any information about Kiely and her whereabouts, please call our tip line: (530) 581-6320 Option 7.

The CHP helicopter I'm watching is an Airbus, not a Falcon. Maybe the other one has their transponder shielded

CHP copter is now headed N -NE of Truckee at a fast pace 45 kn towards Alder Creek area now heading directly east towards Highway 89 and Prosser Reservoir

And now west along Alder Creek Road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members