Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about roads in this area also, there is a ton of wildlife at night. Experienced drivers are on the lookout and going slower specifically because of that.... a deer / fox / bear suddenly appearing in the road has caused many to swerve / crash at night on these roads.

I’ve lived in NYC all my life and I’m uncomfortable actually in rural towns, but I respect those who love that lifestyle. However, I’ve seen numerous references in this thread by WS posters who are local to the area, and everyone out there says absolutely no fires are allowed to be lit, for safety reasons.

So if this was a bonfire party, wouldn’t that attract the attention of the rangers? Or is the area so vast that it wasn’t easy to spot? I would guess it would’ve been a high priority, due to the terrible wildfires out west already.
as a local, we are SUPER paranoid about fire. I have no idea if these kids had a fire or not... it was NOT windy Friday night so they could have had a small one and our neighborhood might not have smelled it. I can go back and see if there is a fire ring. where the site was that they were supposedly partying, it is dirt all around for quite a little bit, so the risk is slightly lower there, especially since Friday it has also rained all day.

Interestingly, there is NOT supposed to be boon docking camping on Prosser and earlier this Spring, rangers were cracking down on it with signage and periodic patrols. But I believe they are pretty understaffed so I have noticed many more people in the last month camping illegally. They are pretty easy to spot when they are right by the water when I run by at 6am....

There's one circling the Stampede Reservoir atm.

That's the Placer County Sheriff's Airbus copter. It's been circling Stampede for a bit with quite a bit of concentration at the northern arm of the reservoir. At least 4 loops over that area where Dog Valley road ( S450) has a turn off south to that arm of the reservoir. Near Sardine Valley. I think most of that big loop along Stampede Dam Road and Dog Valley Road are paved.

Then back out to the west along the northern shoreline back to that area.

Headed back to the airport.

I would think she would know this area like the back of her hand!
Seems like.
Under the influence and dark however, it may be that she got lost.
If an abduction, someone could have found her (lost) and offered to drive her back to where she could find the road home. And then whatever...
Or perhaps someone asked her for a ride, and whatever...
I'm not yet sold on it being an abduction...

Seems like.
Under the influence and dark however, it may be that she got lost.
If an abduction, someone could have found her (lost) and offered to drive her back to where she could find the road home. And then whatever...
Or perhaps someone asked her for a ride, and whatever...
I'm not yet sold on it being an abduction...
Me either. But then, I don’t want to be.

That's the Placer County Sheriff's Airbus copter. It's been circling Stampede for a bit with quite a bit of concentration at the northern arm of the reservoir. At least 4 loops over that area where Dog Valley road ( S450) has a turn off south to that arm of the reservoir. Near Sardine Valley. I think most of that big loop along Stampede Dam Road and Dog Valley Road are paved.

Then back out to the west along the northern shoreline back to that area.

Headed back to the airport.
Glad that they seem to be taking this seriously- 4 aircraft in the air at a time.

www.flightaware.com

Do we have info from LE regarding the exact time the phone turned off? That info is critical for the timeline. Is there a link somewhere that clarifies this detail? IMO
I went back to Sami's statement, and the statement Placer County Sheriff's Office put out:

Sami: "At about 12:36 a.m. I saw a call from her, so she called me. I was on my way home from the party and I was... she was supposed to give me a ride home, but I'd already told her I didn't need a ride home. And I answered it and she said, 'hey where are you? do you still need a ride home' and I was like, 'no I already told you this, we're all good. I'm like in the car right now like, thank you so much' and she was like, 'yeah course, love you, goodnight, like, I'll see you tomorrow' and I was like 'ok, love you, see you tomorrow, be safe' and then after that nobody's had any contact or sighting of her. So, it's been complete radio silence, her phone has been off, her like, location isn't on and nobody seems to have reportedly even seen her after 12:30 a.m., so." (Sami Smith interview with Fox 40)

PCSO: "She was last seen at the party on August 6th, 2022, at approximately 12:30 a.m." and "Kiely's phone has been out of service since the party." (per Facebook page)

So no exact time on when the phone was turned off.

AUG 8

She had driven herself to the party and last texted her mother, Lindsey, at 11.30pm to tell her she would soon be driving herself home.

She was last seen alive at 12.30am at the party and had told friends that she was too inebriated to drive herself home.

The other kids left the party - which drew over 100 kids, including some she'd never met before - and Kiely hasn't been seen since.

She was due to meet up with her friends at a Starbucks on Saturday morning at 9am to set off on a camping trip but she didn't show up, sparking fear among her friends and prompting her mother Lindsey to call 911.

BBM. More at Missing Kiely Rodni was 'too drunk to drive when she vanished'

AUG 8

She had driven herself to the party and last texted her mother, Lindsey, at 11.30pm to tell her she would soon be driving herself home.

She was last seen alive at 12.30am at the party and had told friends that she was too inebriated to drive herself home.

The other kids left the party - which drew over 100 kids, including some she'd never met before - and Kiely hasn't been seen since.

She was due to meet up with her friends at a Starbucks on Saturday morning at 9am to set off on a camping trip but she didn't show up, sparking fear among her friends and prompting her mother Lindsey to call 911.

BBM. More at Missing Kiely Rodni was 'too drunk to drive when she vanished'
So have any of these these friends besides Sami come forward? I just find it odd that only one person has spoken up. I could have missed others speaking.

I see Washoe County (Nevada) Sheriff helicocopter has been over Prosser and Boca Reserviors and the east side of Verdi Peak , somewhat along the Truckee River near I-80 also.
For those not watching… they are looping the edges of all of surrounding bodies of water multiple times. At least two fixed wing and two helicopters. Don’t remember ever seeing this size response unless it was a missing small child. Family must have really gotten the word out.

Thanks for the key highlights...I put together a brief timeline of events that night...it may not directly correlate or impact what happened, but does give some perspective.

9pm: Samantha says she arrives at party, noting Kiely arrived about an hour later.

10pm: Kiely arrives at party (per Samantha).

11pm: Samantha and Kiely meet in Kiely's car to charge phones and discuss ride home. There's no mention of camping / staying the night as previously mentioned in other reports. Did that change because more people had arrived than anticipated?

11pm - 12:25am: Sometime during this time period, Samantha observes Kiely intoxicated and decides to find another ride home. Kiely appears fine / or at least Samantha isn't concerned @ 11pm, so her intoxication level greatly increases in the next hour.

12:25am: Kiely and Samantha say good-bye

12:36am: Kiely calls Samantha...appears to be last known phone call.
Great timeline.

Also:

11:30 p.m. – Kiely texts mom saying she was going to be leaving the party at 12:15 a.m.

12:30 a.m. – report of Kiely being seen at party (per Sami’s interview with Fox 40 - not sure if she is saying 12:30 a.m. because she saw her at 12:25 a.m. or if someone else said they saw her at 12:30 a.m.

My other question though - if Sami and Kiely said goodbye at 12:25 a.m., why did Kiely call her about needing a ride only 11 minutes later? Obviously could be miscommunication due to *possible* intoxication, large crowd, noisy, etc. Just something that caught my attention.

For those not watching… they are looping the edges of all of surrounding bodies of water multiple times. At least two fixed wing and two helicopters. Don’t remember ever seeing this size response unless it was a missing small child. Family must have really gotten the word out.
Have they been doing this type of searching closer to her parent's home in case she was able to get, say, 3/4 of the way home and then passed out or had an accident there? I realize that searching the area where you were last seen makes sense, but they seem to be searching bodies of water in the other direction from her parent's home. Maybe the comment by her friend that she seemed too inebriated to drive is leading them toward abduction and that she couldn't have driven herself very far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23