Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks the kids aren't turning in their photos and video from the party. Maybe their parents need to intervene.
Yes it is extremely frustrating. I've been surprised by how many parents haven't set up parental restrictions (and access) on their kids' iPhones. The other problem we are hearing is that a lot either deleted photos that morning or they were sharing via snapchat or insta stories that have since expired.

It sucks the kids aren't turning in their photos and video from the party. Maybe their parents need to intervene.
Why would they not turn in photos and videos of that night?? For heaven's sakes, they want to detach themselves from this, not help ? Who cares if some of those photos might embarrass them or whatever, a girl is missing, family is distraught and scared. smh

If you have access to cameras that could have footage from the night of August 5-6, 2022 in the Tahoe/Truckee/Reno traffic corridor or surrounding neighborhoods/areas please check the footage for ANY LEAD.

COMMUNITY SEARCH EFFORT is being coordinated at the
TRUCKEE REC CENTER 10am Tuesday August 9, 2022

Any community members can arrive here at any time to help search or share information with us. Your search information can be sent to us with this form.

IF YOU COME TO HELP: Please wear a WHITE shirt to be recognized. Please be prepared to STAY SAFE while out searching: don't get lost and create a search and rescue effort, if you see something and are out of range, back up, get into service and call the above numbers.

So what happened to Megs? If she accompanied Kiely to the party did Kiely just desert Megs there? How did Megs get home and how did she get separated from Kiely? Did Megs (like Sami) catch a ride with someone else because Kiely was intoxicated? If so, why would these supposed "friends" not take the intoxicated Kiely with them when they left? Why would they leave her there in that state?

This is not adding up (to me) and I think some of these kids are not telling the whole story. IMO

ETA: And why did Kiely turn off her phone immediately after her phone conversation with Sami? I suspect that call was not as breezy as Sami makes it out to be. IMO
I don't understand why the phone was turned off either. It seems highly possible that someone other than Kiely turned it off.

If you have access to cameras that could have footage from the night of August 5-6, 2022 in the Tahoe/Truckee/Reno traffic corridor or surrounding neighborhoods/areas please check the footage for ANY LEAD.

COMMUNITY SEARCH EFFORT is being coordinated at the
TRUCKEE REC CENTER 10am Tuesday August 9, 2022

Any community members can arrive here at any time to help search or share information with us. Your search information can be sent to us with this form.

IF YOU COME TO HELP: Please wear a WHITE shirt to be recognized. Please be prepared to STAY SAFE while out searching: don't get lost and create a search and rescue effort, if you see something and are out of range, back up, get into service and call the above numbers.

They need to get word to hikers and campers who may have been in that area like was done in the Gabby Petito case. I'm not sure how that whole thing with Gabby's case got started, but it was highly effective.

I agree with all you are saying. Mostly that these young kids are not telling the whole story.

SS is interviewed in the below link.

She also says that Kiely was also planning on spending the night at the campground.

So maybe that's why they all left. Thinking she was staying.

Which was not what Kiely told her mother. She told her mother she was leaving at 12:15 so her mother went to sleep.

If that was the case and she really was going to stay the night AND she was intoxicated it just becomes a dangerous situation.

Interview is here SS seems very credible (moo)

Search underway for teenage girl who went missing after party
But if her good friends thought she was staying the night, and they knew she was very drunk, wouldn't they help her figure out who was going to stay with her and where she would stay? Leaving her very inebriated alone with a crowd of 100 other high partiers is not something you do to a friend.

But if her good friends thought she was staying the night, and they knew she was very drunk, wouldn't they help her figure out who was going to stay with her and where she would stay? Leaving her very inebriated alone with a crowd of 100 other high partiers is not something you do to a friend.
ugghhh...the more I think of it....is it possible she was left there by her friends, and she was very drunk and vulnerable. A group of drunk 'not-friends' may have taken advantage of her and then felt forced to dispose of her and the car?

Not only that but upthread it was described that there were some real creepers around who came onto them, making them uncomfortable.

5) To my knowledge, there has not been extensive sonar searching of Prosser Reservoir yet. I expect that will be done if Kiely is not found in the next few days and I'm personally watching for that to be done.
I was checking the Flight Radar earlier and it appeared to be the drone plane (no aircraft model listed) circling over the north side and the reservoir itself for several hours. This is one quick screenshot I took and forgot to post at 8:30pm EST. C4F8ADB7-1F78-41C1-9991-56568A2CB365.png

Why would they not turn in photos and videos of that night?? For heaven's sakes, they want to detach themselves from this, not help ? Who cares if some of those photos might embarrass them or whatever, a girl is missing, family is distraught and scared. smh
My daughter said one big reason kids don't want to turn in photos like that is because many are afraid of losing scholarships or athletic team admissions or internships/jobs, etc, right as they are leaving high school.

I also wanted to add, from my personal experience as the parent of a teenager and young adult…I have noticed that they don’t have the same level of concern for their friends that we think they should have or may have had at that age. I can only assume social media may have numbed them to the evil of the world.

In my opinion, the friends that left her here likely had their own curfews to make and that was their priority. They assumed she would be okay. If their attitudes are anything like what I have seen with kids that age, they assume everything will be okay. They don’t think bad things could happen to them until it does.

Her quotes are all over the place, I agree. It does say she is “Lindsey’s best friend” (Kiely’s mother)… so she likely has access to insider information, but hard to say how much she should be sharing.
I also noticed from other cases how many "best friends" you suddenly have in a situation like this. Just saying.

Finally, the timeline of when the phone was turned off. BBM

"A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told The Independent on Monday that the department could not confirm whether Samantha was the last person to speak Kiely, but said that shortly after midnight her phone was turned off."

To me "turned off" feels like somebody did this on purpose...pushed a button so to say. I thought the phone was out of service.

"Anna Larson – whose daughter, Megs, is Kiely's best friend and accompanied her to the party"

I doubt she's doing anything nefarious.

Quote from this source:

Where was Meg in all this? When did she spoke to Kiely or did see Kiely for the last time. How did Meg come and go to the party?

I really would like to see a recorded statement from her friend that was with her at the party, and perhaps see her asked a couple key questions since the media reporting is kind of all over the place.

Some articles have her with the tone "She wouldn't have tried to go home" and some have the tone "I think she was abducted while trying to go home". Which is it and why exactly? Makes a big difference
That's what my thought are. Which is it. The implications could mean she stayed where she was and while late at night or very early morning when partying had stopped and all were asleep something could have happened. If she tried going home than something may have happened on her way home.

“My head is all over the place. I’m terrified. Bad thoughts are very strong and hard to keep at bay. But I’m trying to hold out hope that we’ll find her, that she’ll come home,” Rodni’s mother said.

Smith and Rodni’s family want to know how no one saw her leave in her 2013 silver Honda CRV, which is still missing.

“I can’t believe it. There has to have been one person. There were people sitting in cars. There were people everywhere around this place,”

“We got home around 11, and she sent me a text at around 11:30, telling me that she was going to be leaving at about 12:15 and coming home. And I asked her to wake me up when she got in. That was always kind of what we did. And she said, ‘OK, mama. Love you.’ And that was the last,” Lindsey Rodni Nieman said.

“There was a lot of guys that did approach us,” Smith said. “Definitely, I was getting a gut feeling that during that party that something, something just didn’t feel right with the amount of people that were there and how old some of these people were.”

“Because nobody has said that they saw her leave they can’t say for sure what’s happened,” Lindsey Rodni Nieman said.
"We need evidence Kiely was abducted, and we don't have that. We said we are treating her case as an abduction because her car has not been found," a sheriff's office spokesperson said in response to an ABC10 inquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member