Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to Reno? With “older” partiers present, my thought went to UNR — could college students have convinced her to keep the party going elsewhere?
@Herat@clorenc
hopeful thoughts are good, after going through this with my brother who was missing for 2 years, this case opens up your heart to hopeful possibilities with a hopeful outcome, your post led me to share this hopeful thought that maybe someone at the party from the Bay Area convinced her to drive to Livingston Mt to see the John Mayer/Bob Weir benefit show for the flooding in Yellowstone (Aug. 8). It's music that attracts "older" people, it's a long shot but "hope" is the powerful part of the search for the "missing". It's all I thought of in my experience. I also researched any music festivals/bands in Tahoe Region on this weekend to see what would attract this number of "Bay Area/Reno" people to the Tahoe area last weekend, if in fact there were 200-250 people, what brought them, this overnight party or another event the next day? FBI is probably trying to identify "groups of friends" from out of town that came and for what purpose. How did they find out about this and who invited them? AMOO

Personally, I think it’s a group of kids, might even be some of her so-called best friends. Kids are so tight! No one wants to call another out. Especially now that its gone this far. I know I’ve heard the phrases from my granddaughter’s friends: Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches. I’m amazed at the loyalty I see kids have for each other these days. Misplaced as it may be at times. I would like to know who else besides best friend claims to have seen her drinking. Seriously, anyone could have sent the text to Kiely’s mom. If I remember right, the text called her mom but when Lindsey spoke she called herself Mama…
imo

I think we also need to consider the possibility of an accident at the party (maybe an OD?) with a teen or a group of teens panicking and covering it up.
That crossed my mind from the beginning of this. Yes, it's possible. The explanation for the call placed from Kiely's phone to SS's phone at 12:36 am needs further investigation as the explanation makes no sense (why would Kiely call SS to see if SS needed a ride if Kiely and SS had just spoken in person about it?). I think the call was about something else or from someone else.

Even if LE confirms this call was placed we don't know what the conversation entailed or even if it was Kiely on the other end. We have a witness statement about it, but we all well know witness statements can be true or not true.

I also do not believe that not one single person saw Kiely leave that party. Nor is it sensible to believe Kiely's "best friends" would have left an incapacitated Kiely behind without a second thought.

None of this makes sense the way these kids are telling it. In my opinion, of course.

Now Sami Smith and Magdalene Larson, two friends of missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni, have vowed to keep looking.

They described Kiely as the girl who would text and Snapchat. She wouldn't go without checking in or run away.

Kiely graduated in June from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee of about 700 students. An honors student, she graduated early after skipping a grade and plans to study music in the fall at Sierra College.

Friends said Kiely was in good spirits and having fun that night at the Prosser Family Campground 35 miles west of Reno.

Magdalene left the party early, after less than 30 minutes. She and Kiely had planned to leave for a camping trip the next morning.

"I just want her back," Magdalene said.

Sami caught a ride home with another friend around midnight.

"It was just people everywhere," Sami said about the party.

She said Kiely called her.

"Hey where are you?" Kiely asked.

"I got at ride. Don't worry," Sami told her. "I love you."

Personally, I think it’s a group of kids, might even be some of her so-called best friends. Kids are so tight! No one wants to call another out. Especially now that its gone this far. I know I’ve heard the phrases from my granddaughter’s friends: Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches. I’m amazed at the loyalty I see kids have for each other these days. Misplaced as it may be at times. I would like to know who else besides best friend claims to have seen her drinking. Seriously, anyone could have sent the text to Kiely’s mom. If I remember right, the text called her mom but when Lindsey spoke she called herself Mama…
imo

Very good point about it could be anyone who sent the text. IME, teens do not lock their phones and/or their friends all know the passwords so it defeats the purpose.

I think we also need to consider the possibility of an accident at the party (maybe an OD?) with a teen or a group of teens panicking and covering it up.
Definitely. How difficult would it be for someone to drive a vehicle into one of those lakes and then be able to jump out of it before it sank? Or wedge something on the gas pedal and jump out, or some such maneuver so as not to drown themselves in the process?

Does anyone know if this press conference will be streamed somewhere?

"A community meeting/press conference will be held at the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District at 2 p.m. today."

Flightradar24

CHP helicopter N947HP is back up in the air (7:30 am PST) running I-80 from Donner Pass to the intersection of HIghway 89 and north on 89 to the Prosser Lake turnoff.

Not seeing now, likely the transponder was turned off.

Thanks!

Much appreciated, as always.

Last edited:
Okay I am finally caught up on this thread. I have followed many missing persons cases and never been annoyed as much as I am with this one. How could there be damn near 300 people at this party and NOT one of them see this girl or her car leave? I just don't understand it.

Also my best friend is from California she said this area has a low crime rate and there are so many body's of water around. She thinks Kiely tried to drive home and got into accident which is why they can't find her car because it's in one of the lakes.
Jaycee Dugard was abducted around there years ago. Low crime rate, yes. But as we sadly know abductions happen anywhere, cornfields, places that people feel safe. I agree with you about the water. I’m afraid my hunch is she is either abducted or submerged, which is an absolute shame.

Now Sami Smith and Magdalene Larson, two friends of missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni, have vowed to keep looking.

They described Kiely as the girl who would text and Snapchat. She wouldn't go without checking in or run away.

Kiely graduated in June from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee of about 700 students. An honors student, she graduated early after skipping a grade and plans to study music in the fall at Sierra College.

Friends said Kiely was in good spirits and having fun that night at the Prosser Family Campground 35 miles west of Reno.

Magdalene left the party early, after less than 30 minutes. She and Kiely had planned to leave for a camping trip the next morning.

"I just want her back," Magdalene said.

Sami caught a ride home with another friend around midnight.

"It was just people everywhere," Sami said about the party.

She said Kiely called her.

"Hey where are you?" Kiely asked.

"I got at ride. Don't worry," Sami told her. "I love you."
She got a ride???

I wish someone would invent a teen bracelet (similar to the old lady necklace people suggest I get in case I fall) that alerts their friends, parents Police or authorities someone is young drunk and needs a ride home.
This can actually be set up on a iPhone. Emergency contacts can be set up and if you are in an emergency situation you press 5 times quickly on the side button after a quick countdown ( in case you do this by accident) a call goes out to all emergency services in your area and your emergency contacts receive a text with your location. I tell everyone to set this up. It is not perfect but it is something. MOO

MOD NOTE:

OFFICIAL support pages for victims are allowed to be posted. Those pages will be called something like "Help Find..." or "Justice for..." and will usually be run by the family. Posts on MSM or LE social media can also be posted.

Pages from random, non-approved groups are not the official group may NOT be posted.
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Oh, how I wish these girls would have followed girl code. I know it pertains to bar hopping but is still somewhat applicable. I had this on my fridge for my girls and older granddaughter when they were back in their party days. I need to practice prudence and print it off again for my young not-yet-a-woman teen granddaughter.
1660064989590.jpeg

It would be great if there was a safety class taught in all high schools about buddying up, rides with strangers, older men, etc, etc. Sadly, the two most obvious scenarios in Kiely’s disappearance, abduction or submersion, both have the same tragic outcome. If another person offered to drive her home in her car, then abducted her, the car could easily be in another state, dumped, and concealed. It’s bizarre that with estimates as high as 250 people, complete with adults and college students crashing the teen party, (kcra channel three source)
no one saw the car leave.
In contrary, the party that is so huge has more stuff to distract the participants from the people are leaving (and it is damn hard to notice that your friend is gone in over two hundred people crowd) so it's much easier to leave without being noticed.

Given the amount of LE resources that have gone into the search, I think they do have people telling them they saw her leave. They're just not sharing that information with the public because they want to keep the witnesses confidential due to social media and other boards. They may even have cell pings that are directing the search.

Does anyone know if this press conference will be streamed somewhere?

"A community meeting/press conference will be held at the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District at 2 p.m. today."

Can't find anything yet, but I'm sure it will be. This case is getting a lot of attention right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member