Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it would look dark like this with some car lights.

I just realized something! Depending on where her car was parked - if it was parked behind the lights and behind other cars wouldn’t she have to turn her phone on to get the flashlight on the phone lit up to find her way back to the car and put keys in the door??

VERY dark to me the pics.

I have been in this situation before at a campground and l couldn’t see a thing without my cell phone back light…

Her phone never turned back on - makes me keep leaning in the direction of abduction.
In pic #1 there seems to be many people in sweatshirts/jackets, some in T-shirts. She was last seen dressed in a strapped shirt. I wonder if her friend who last saw her could say if she had a jacket or something on? Or was this mentioned and I missed it?

So not a black tank top, but a bodysuit, like a black bathing suit? Is that part of her left thigh visible in the pic above her pants? If yes, why wear a black bathing suit unless you plan on swimming. Did anyone swim that night, in the dark?
Bodysuits are very popular. They are a top, not a bathing suit. Normal teenage attire

Thanks Troc! There it is.

hBlKgEU7_normal.jpg

Placer Sheriff

@PlacerSheriff
· 9m
Detectives located surveillance from a local business in Truckee, where Kiely was spotted on 8/5 at 6:08 p.m. prior to going missing. Kiely last seen wearing black spaghetti strap bodysuit, green Dickies pants w/ black grommet belt&black Vans. Details: Log in or sign up to view
:D.

So not a black tank top, but a bodysuit, like a black bathing suit? Is that part of her left thigh visible in the pic above her pants? If yes, why wear a black bathing suit unless you plan on swimming. Did anyone swim that night, in the dark?
Bodysuit. Yes. That is the style these days especially if you want your shirt to stay stucked in. However, not the best option as a woman partying and drinking in the woods because peeing is not the most convenient in that attire. JME

I tried to put together a timeline of known details with sources, as well as some of the direct quotes about her state from various friends. I hope the format works...
DateTimeActionDetailLink
8/5/2221:45Kiely arrives to partySamantha Smith reportedThe Independent
8/5/22Attends Party“We have been close friends since before, so we ended up meeting up with each other, sort of screaming to each other ‘Hi!’ For the rest of the party we pretty much stuck to each other,” Samantha told The Independent. But as the gathering grew bigger, the teenagers went separate ways while continuing to see each other sporadically throughout the party.

“I knew it was a big party but it was supposed to be just the community …The party started to grow past the [number] of people that were supposed to be there,” Samantha said.

“There were college kids and people from the Bay area coming and I got a bad feeling about it but didn’t really think much of it.”
The Independent
Witnesses and law enforcement say there were anywhere from 200 to 250 teenagers and young adults in attendance.KCRA
There were 200-300 juveniles at the party, which was in a wooded area, Musallam said in a news conference Tuesday, and "someone knows something."CNN
Smith, 18, said that there were plenty of attendees whom she had not previously met but none who seemed suspicious, gave unwanted attention or followed the pair around.

She said she didn’t notice anyone much older and that the party consisted mainly of teens, recent graduates and some college students from the surrounding areas. Some came from as far away as San Francisco, she said, but that was not unusual because the area is a summer vacation town.
"We met a few strangers together," she said. "We both tended to trust people. I say ‘tended to’ because now I don’t think I will continue to trust people. But she’ll give anyone the benefit of the doubt."
Fox News Digital
Rodni's friend, Sami Smith, was with her most of the night. She said that Rodni was planning to spend the night at the campground.CBS Sacramento
Rodni had enough drinks to become drunk, according to her friend and another recent graduate, Sami Smith, who added that she did not believe the teen would have driven under the circumstances.

"At the point when I left, I thought she was going to stay there," said Smith, who departed the campground just a few minutes before Rodni was last seen. "Everybody was camping. It was late enough that she should have stayed. She’s not the type to go and drunk drive or anything."

"For the amount of drinks we both had together, she’s not that dumb," she added. "I remember we were partying together. She was having fun. She seemed really happy — she was like normal, just on an adrenaline rush. Saying ‘Hi’ to everybody.
Fox News Digital
8/5/2223:00Charges Phone in CarSamantha said that around 11pm, they went to Kiely’s car to charge their phones and arranged for Kiely to give her a ride home. However, she changed her mind later when she saw that Kiely was clearly intoxicated, Samantha said.The Independent
8/6/220:15Texts MotherBut Rodni-Nieman says her daughter texted her around 12:15 a.m. Saturday and said she was heading home. The family lives about 10 miles away from the campground at a lodge south of town.Fox News Digital
8/6/220:25Kiely says goodbye to SamanthaThe teenagers said goodbye to each other around 12.25amThe Independent
8/6/220:36Phone Call to Samantha Smith“At 12.36am she called me … and this is the last call anybody had with her. We said ‘love you, good night. Get home safe,’ and that’s the last thing we heard of her,” Samantha said on Monday.
-
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told The Independent on Monday that the department could not confirm whether Samantha was the last person to speak Kiely, but said that shortly after midnight her phone was turned off.
The Independent
8/6/22After 12:30 pmSeen wandering around partyNo source or detailsThe Independent
n/an/aStatements & speculation from friends“We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,” said Marika Veck. “All signs point that somebody took her and probably drugged her and has her.”KOLOTV
Smith said Kiely had been planning to spend the night at the campground, according to the Associated Press.Reno Gazette Journal
Rodni’s friend Magdalene Larson who is one of the organizers said the oldest of two was not in the right stage to drive herself that day.

“We know there’s no way she could have gotten herself out of there if she was drunk,” she said. “The roads in and out are too hard. With how drunk she was she wouldn’t have been able to navigate them.”
KOLOTV
I know that she wasn't in the right mindset or state to drive. And if she were to have driven, she wouldn't have made it far, Smith said. "So my concern is that somebody might have offered to drive her home and then didn't take her home."CBS Sacramento
There are a flurry of online rumors but scant real clues in the case. Friends say Kiely intended to stay at the campground overnight, but they lost track of her in the large party. At least one witness says Kiely was too intoxicated to drive.SFGATE
8/6/22before 1:00amCell Phone Dies"Her cellphone went dead and became virtually untraceable shortly after," Angela Musallam, public information officer for the Placer County Sheriff's Office, told ABC News during an interview Monday.ABC News
8/6/229:00Scheduled to meet friendsDid not show up at meet spot to go on hike with friendsThe Independent
8/6/2218:26Search UpdateHours before the statement session, about 280 volunteers gathered at the TCRC for a search.KOLOTV
8/6/2217:41Missing Flyer Posted to FacebookFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/7/2218:03Tip Line SetupFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/8/2215:28Reward OfferedAn anonymous tip line has been established and a $50,000 reward is being offered to help find Kiely Rodni.KRCA
8/8/2214:30Law Enforcement Statement"the Placer County Sheriff's Office said. It's possible she may have been abducted, the sheriff's office told FOX40"SFGATE
8/8/2214:30Search UpdateAbout 50 FBI agents on Tuesday were in the area following up on leads.
More than 200 tips have been submitted, and investigators on Tuesday were pleading for more.
Sacramento Bee
8/9/2213:30Search Update"Prosser has been exhaustingly searched," both on the ground and in the Prosser Creek Reservoir nearby. (Samantha Smith)Reno Gazette Journal
8/9/2216:44Law Enforcement Update"Detectives are currently following up on leads and our Falcon 30 helicopter is assisting the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office with the search for Kiely. Our air operations crew will be flying over the Interstate 80 corridor between Donner Summit and the Nevada state line, and will continue searching around the Prosser Lake area."Facebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/2211:59Law Enforcement Update77 Personel Assigned, 528 Dedicated Personnel Hours, 3 Air Resources, >100 Tips received from 8/6-8/8Facebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/2214:09Search UpdateThe search also included several aircraft, including helicopters and airplanes flying in formation above, and all-terrain vehicles, including four-wheelers, trikes and dirt bikes. There were search dogs present and at least 100 members of law enforcement visible, including members of the FBI, who initially focused their attention on Campsite 4.Fox News Digital
8/9/2215:00Search UpdateThe Placer County Sheriff's Office is currently coordinating with the California Highway Patrol, Truckee police, FBI, and the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office as they continue their search for the teen.KRCA
8/9/2214:00Search UpdatePolice dive teams have joined the hunt for missing California teen Kiely Rodni, DailyMail.com can reveal. Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show police boats and helicopters searching the Prosser Creek Reservoir, a 760-acre stretch of water directly beneath the campground where Kiely was last seen.Daily Mail

This is great but instead of Military time could you do it in regular time? It makes it easier to decipher.

Kiely was planning on spending the night when she had plans to meet her friend at Starbucks at 9am the next morning to go on a camping trip?
I think she had planned to go to the 'Bonfire" Party at Prosser on Friday night, then return to her parent's home after the party.

The next morning (Sat) she was planning to meet up with friends at Starbucks and go camping with them on Saturday.

JMO

Hopefully it had snaps on the bottom part since you’d be squatting to relieve yourself in the woods. Especially if you’re doing a good bit of drinking.
JMO

Yes, these do have snaps on the bottom. I have several bodysuits.

They can be challenging to re-snap even in the best of circumstances!

JMVHO.

Sami Smith and Magdalene Larson are the two friends that reported seeing Kiely at the party, correct? Any others? And police are still asking others to come forward with photos or videos, but the party crowd, as far as we know, has been holding back.

Bodysuit. Yes. That is the style these days especially if you want your shirt to stay stucked in. However, not the best option as a woman partying and drinking in the woods because peeing is not the most convenient in that attire. JME
My DD wears these ( I did as well back in my day). These kids can snap and unsnap in a heartbeat. It would take me 45 minutes now. They are cute tops, I agree not something to wear in this environment however, she's young. Live and learn.

Bodysuits are very popular. They are a top, not a bathing suit. Normal teenage attire
Yep, but I'm not a teen and bought one this summer to wear with linen pants. Hers looks like it's high cut and her pants are low cut, hence the peek-a-boo glimpse of her hip. I'm sure she had a sweatshirt to put on later.

Where are you Kiely :(

1660097297645.png

Sami Smith and Magdalene Larson are the two friends that reported seeing Kiely at the party, correct? Any others? And police are still asking others to come forward with photos or videos, but the party crowd, as far as we know, has been holding back.
Those are the two that have spoken to media. I don’t think there’s any indication that those are the only ones who have reported seeing her at the party, and we have no reason to think there other partygoers have not spoken to LE and/or submitted videos or pics.

Those are the two that have spoken to media. I don’t think there’s any indication that those are the only ones who have reported seeing her at the party, and we have no reason to think there other partygoers have not spoken to LE and/or submitted videos or pics.
Makes sense. Thanks.
(I need to get the Skylar Neese case out of my head.)

I tried to put together a timeline of known details with sources, as well as some of the direct quotes about her state from various friends. I hope the format works...
DateTimeActionDetailLink
8/5/2221:45Kiely arrives to partySamantha Smith reportedThe Independent
8/5/22Attends Party“We have been close friends since before, so we ended up meeting up with each other, sort of screaming to each other ‘Hi!’ For the rest of the party we pretty much stuck to each other,” Samantha told The Independent. But as the gathering grew bigger, the teenagers went separate ways while continuing to see each other sporadically throughout the party.

“I knew it was a big party but it was supposed to be just the community …The party started to grow past the [number] of people that were supposed to be there,” Samantha said.

“There were college kids and people from the Bay area coming and I got a bad feeling about it but didn’t really think much of it.”
The Independent
Witnesses and law enforcement say there were anywhere from 200 to 250 teenagers and young adults in attendance.KCRA
There were 200-300 juveniles at the party, which was in a wooded area, Musallam said in a news conference Tuesday, and "someone knows something."CNN
Smith, 18, said that there were plenty of attendees whom she had not previously met but none who seemed suspicious, gave unwanted attention or followed the pair around.

She said she didn’t notice anyone much older and that the party consisted mainly of teens, recent graduates and some college students from the surrounding areas. Some came from as far away as San Francisco, she said, but that was not unusual because the area is a summer vacation town.
"We met a few strangers together," she said. "We both tended to trust people. I say ‘tended to’ because now I don’t think I will continue to trust people. But she’ll give anyone the benefit of the doubt."
Fox News Digital
Rodni's friend, Sami Smith, was with her most of the night. She said that Rodni was planning to spend the night at the campground.CBS Sacramento
Rodni had enough drinks to become drunk, according to her friend and another recent graduate, Sami Smith, who added that she did not believe the teen would have driven under the circumstances.

"At the point when I left, I thought she was going to stay there," said Smith, who departed the campground just a few minutes before Rodni was last seen. "Everybody was camping. It was late enough that she should have stayed. She’s not the type to go and drunk drive or anything."

"For the amount of drinks we both had together, she’s not that dumb," she added. "I remember we were partying together. She was having fun. She seemed really happy — she was like normal, just on an adrenaline rush. Saying ‘Hi’ to everybody.
Fox News Digital
8/5/2223:00Charges Phone in CarSamantha said that around 11pm, they went to Kiely’s car to charge their phones and arranged for Kiely to give her a ride home. However, she changed her mind later when she saw that Kiely was clearly intoxicated, Samantha said.The Independent
8/6/220:15Texts MotherBut Rodni-Nieman says her daughter texted her around 12:15 a.m. Saturday and said she was heading home. The family lives about 10 miles away from the campground at a lodge south of town.Fox News Digital
8/6/220:25Kiely says goodbye to SamanthaThe teenagers said goodbye to each other around 12.25amThe Independent
8/6/220:36Phone Call to Samantha Smith“At 12.36am she called me … and this is the last call anybody had with her. We said ‘love you, good night. Get home safe,’ and that’s the last thing we heard of her,” Samantha said on Monday.
-
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told The Independent on Monday that the department could not confirm whether Samantha was the last person to speak Kiely, but said that shortly after midnight her phone was turned off.
The Independent
8/6/22After 12:30 pmSeen wandering around partyNo source or detailsThe Independent
n/an/aStatements & speculation from friends“We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,” said Marika Veck. “All signs point that somebody took her and probably drugged her and has her.”KOLOTV
Smith said Kiely had been planning to spend the night at the campground, according to the Associated Press.Reno Gazette Journal
Rodni’s friend Magdalene Larson who is one of the organizers said the oldest of two was not in the right stage to drive herself that day.

“We know there’s no way she could have gotten herself out of there if she was drunk,” she said. “The roads in and out are too hard. With how drunk she was she wouldn’t have been able to navigate them.”
KOLOTV
I know that she wasn't in the right mindset or state to drive. And if she were to have driven, she wouldn't have made it far, Smith said. "So my concern is that somebody might have offered to drive her home and then didn't take her home."CBS Sacramento
There are a flurry of online rumors but scant real clues in the case. Friends say Kiely intended to stay at the campground overnight, but they lost track of her in the large party. At least one witness says Kiely was too intoxicated to drive.SFGATE
8/6/22before 1:00amCell Phone Dies"Her cellphone went dead and became virtually untraceable shortly after," Angela Musallam, public information officer for the Placer County Sheriff's Office, told ABC News during an interview Monday.ABC News
8/6/229:00Scheduled to meet friendsDid not show up at meet spot to go on hike with friendsThe Independent
8/6/2218:26Search UpdateHours before the statement session, about 280 volunteers gathered at the TCRC for a search.KOLOTV
8/6/2217:41Missing Flyer Posted to FacebookFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/7/2218:03Tip Line SetupFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/8/2215:28Reward OfferedAn anonymous tip line has been established and a $50,000 reward is being offered to help find Kiely Rodni.KRCA
8/8/2214:30Law Enforcement Statement"the Placer County Sheriff's Office said. It's possible she may have been abducted, the sheriff's office told FOX40"SFGATE
8/8/2214:30Search UpdateAbout 50 FBI agents on Tuesday were in the area following up on leads.
More than 200 tips have been submitted, and investigators on Tuesday were pleading for more.
Sacramento Bee
8/9/2213:30Search Update"Prosser has been exhaustingly searched," both on the ground and in the Prosser Creek Reservoir nearby. (Samantha Smith)Reno Gazette Journal
8/9/2216:44Law Enforcement Update"Detectives are currently following up on leads and our Falcon 30 helicopter is assisting the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office with the search for Kiely. Our air operations crew will be flying over the Interstate 80 corridor between Donner Summit and the Nevada state line, and will continue searching around the Prosser Lake area."Facebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/2211:59Law Enforcement Update77 Personel Assigned, 528 Dedicated Personnel Hours, 3 Air Resources, >100 Tips received from 8/6-8/8Facebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/2214:09Search UpdateThe search also included several aircraft, including helicopters and airplanes flying in formation above, and all-terrain vehicles, including four-wheelers, trikes and dirt bikes. There were search dogs present and at least 100 members of law enforcement visible, including members of the FBI, who initially focused their attention on Campsite 4.Fox News Digital
8/9/2215:00Search UpdateThe Placer County Sheriff's Office is currently coordinating with the California Highway Patrol, Truckee police, FBI, and the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office as they continue their search for the teen.KRCA
8/9/2214:00Search UpdatePolice dive teams have joined the hunt for missing California teen Kiely Rodni, DailyMail.com can reveal. Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show police boats and helicopters searching the Prosser Creek Reservoir, a 760-acre stretch of water directly beneath the campground where Kiely was last seen.Daily Mail

Thank you very much! I was just wondering if there had been extensive air searches and I found this information in your lovely organized format. Thank you

Okay, I know I am just hyper focusing on details that may not matter. But the fact that SS has changed her story over and over bothers me. In this interview she says she the last person to have talked to her.

How does she know she didn't talk to a dozen other people after that?

Obviously LE is letting her take an active roll so maybe her overall testimony to them has stayed the same. I just hate when story details change from conversation to conversation.

have not fully caught up yet. But I am thinking they are letting her stay the face of it all so kids are more willing to come forward to another teen, otherwise I don't understand why else they would continue to let her speak so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77