Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to my neighbor about how deep it is out by the boat ramp, an honestly we are not sure. I think the deepest part of Prosser is closer to the damn, but my neighbor does think it drops off more than we think near the boat ramp.

Take a look at the water depth map I posted (post #888). I’d be interested in knowing what you think.

If I HAD to pick? Here. It's the ONLY body of water near a curve within the 25 minute radius of when she said she was leaving and the last ping. The blue line is the road, if she took the route the GPS says (hypothetical), she would have had to take. Even taking backroads to avoid the expressway, this appears to be the only road that leads to where she lives.

View attachment 358740
Thanks for posting this photo. The (blue line) route that is blue looks looks either rough or sandy getting stuck is possible. If her car did go into the lake from here wouldn't the trees show some contusions or breaks in them? I suppose mesquite may be an issue also?

I am in LA/Southern California, and we do not have any tolls in our area, so I'm thinking NorCal is similar.
I am familiar with EZ Pass and the like in other states.
NorCal has a few toll bridges and toll lanes in the SF Bay Area, all billed by license plate scanning. Many of the parking meter patrols also scan license plates and will alert if a car with an alerted (stolen, BOL) license plate is scene.

Take a look at the water depth map I posted (post #888). I’d be interested in knowing what you think.
I think you have interpreted that correctly: very quick drop off at the boat ramp - no surprise. Even with divers, finding a car in a lake is extremely difficult given the poor visibility of those lakes and that the car may have drifted from the initial spot of entry. I was at a similar nearby lake at that same elevation today on my paddle board and visibility was about 5’ at best, less so when the wind picked up or clouds darkened the water. In fact, I ran into several submerged boulders just because of the lack of clear water conditions.

Yes the reservoir floor does drop off at a decent angle at the boat ramp. We had our boat in Prosser last month.

One thing I’m wondering and will be asking teens that were at the party when I have a chance: did they keep their headlights off when entering and exiting the party area? With so many cars pulling in, headlights would have been risking alerting those at the family campground pulling in after the 10pm quiet time.

If headlights are off and only running lights are used, obviously accidents could be more likely.

I've seen on Adventures with Purpose that cars can go pretty far out into water before sinking if the windows are closed. I'm hoping and trusting that they're using good SONAR technology and searching a wide range around that boat ramp. It looks like there's room for a vehicle to go off the side of the ramp, not just straight down the middle. I hope this isn't the case but we've seen this happen so many times.
All JMO

My fire app Watch Duty shows no fire in that area. Plus usually fire planes don't fly at night.
All I've heard of is law enforcement helicopters of which some have infrared technology. It shows heat from the ground, like a manhunt looking for a criminal. I would hope they did that early on.

Is the website Sami set up an approved source for here? It doesn't look like the family is involved with the site and there are a couple of alarming things about the way it is set up. IMO, people should communicate their tips and information to LE, not Sami's phone or email. jmo
I agree with you and @tarabull on this. Let's say she has good intentions, I guess no experience with a missing persons case before, this kind of mistakes can be made. Hopefully LE and adults around her teach her to do different.

Who was the last person to see the victim alive? Is it the same person leading the search parties into Reno or where ever? I don't trust what we're being told and the story keeps changing. I remain confident the FBI will get to the bottom of this tragic incident. imhoo

I don't see one person in the video of the partygoers that's got a beer or cup of liquid courage in their hands. So, where was all the booze?

Party scene begins at 0:04

#JusticeForKiely

So if we are going with what the AU Sun article says:

Friends knew that:
1) KR was planning on getting very messed up ("messed" is my censored word for what was actually said)
2) KR never planned on staying out overnight - she was just going to tell mom she couldn't find her friend so would be home later
3) SS wanted a ride from KR when she knew KR was planning on being messed up- then found another ride at some point

What was KR's plan to get home if she drove herself, planned to get messed up, and was planning to go home?
Either drive herself home or try to find a ride while at the party from another friend or stranger who also may or may not be inebriated? And then explain to her mom why her car is still at the party site the next day if she was the supposed DD?
It really doesn't sound like there was a plan for KR to get home other than driving herself while intoxicated

All jmo
I agree it doesn't seem like there was a plan in her mind other than driving herself home and she acted on it to the better of her judgement and inexperience of life. But my question is when she drove out of there was it after she talked to Sami? I suppose it could be she decided on a whim to leave and it is possible she didn't tell anyone she was leaving and so no one noticed. My other question is don't some kids have dashcams in their cars? If some do maybe that's how LE knows for she left by herself or with someone else?

Now the "planned on getting drunk". Changes again and again. They were out of their tree.

Its just not safe to send kids to these events. We know they are not going to toast marshmellows.

Its going to be drink and drugs yet they are allowed to go.
I agree I mean a girl could be quite vulnerable if she decided to go relieve herself in the woods. To think about it really so could a young guy by himself.

Who was the last person to see the victim alive? Is it the same person leading the search parties into Reno or where ever? I don't trust what we're being told and the story keeps changing. I remain confident the FBI will get to the bottom of this tragic incident. imhoo

I don't see one person in the video of the partygoers that's got a beer or cup of liquid courage in their hands. So, where was all the booze?

Party scene begins at 0:04

#JusticeForKiely

I've just started watching and reading the reports on this and I'm in total agreement with you.
Immediately something just wasn't sitting right with me. The chopping and changing of the story is adding to the confusion and is not helping in finding this young lady!

Plus: if by chance she had been smoking pot or tooting on a cartridge, her reaction time would be even slower. I’ve considered the possibility that SS and Kiely may have burned one while sitting in her car and charging their phones. imo
Thanks....I thought I was the only one wondering about that. Arriving at 10, sitting in a car to "charge batteries" and leave early. What kind of party is that?

I was talking to my neighbor after my run… on Sat morning he went stand up paddling from the boat launch. When he got there 9am, there was a kind of a rundown truck stuck in the mud next the boat ramp with no license plates, NRA stickers etc. I asked if he reported it and he hadn’t…. He figured people already reported it. I told him to report it anyway….
That could potentially be a pretty big piece of information.

Can you find out color, best guess at make / model, full size? Camper shell? Where were the stickers located etc?

ADMIN NOTE:

As SS is a major case player in this matter of Keily's disappearance, her FindKeily page is being approved for discussion.

Please just ease up on this young lady and do not trash her or insinuate that she is somehow responsible for Keily's disappearance.

Thank you.

Not to be pedantic but....He said 6'oclock. Not am or pm. I'm assuming it was 6 pm. but you never know!
Detectives have located surveillance video from a local business in Truckee, where Kiely was spotted on August 5th at 6:08 p.m. prior to her going missing. Kiely was last seen wearing a black spaghetti strap bodysuit, green Dickies brand pants with a black grommet belt, and black Vans shoes.

1660123874473.png

have not fully caught up yet. But I am thinking they are letting her stay the face of it all so kids are more willing to come forward to another teen, otherwise I don't understand why else they would continue to let her speak so much.
My theory is she is another resource. It does feel awkward but LE stated there was a problem with teens coming forward to give their stories. I suspect they had her change her story so she wasn't giving out details they need for the investigation. So people focused on her and I think we should be focusing on the very precise details the point of contact for LE gives. Her job I think is to get anonymous confessions from teens because all anyone cares about is finding Kiely if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288