Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

SBMFF

Because according to Gray... "that camera rotates around every once in a while". That's a direct quote from Gray Hughes. Vid link captured at current time so you're not searching for it.

Quoting myself, even though I know it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for some. lol

They sure do move around. I witnessed one moving myself so I captured 2 shots. 3 of the cams have moved. The image with red circles was taken, oh... maybe a minute later? Might have been mere seconds.

First shot:
1665179150354.png

A minute or so later where 3 cams have moved.

1665179202641.png

ETA - if you stare at the map long enough you'll see them move right before your eyes. I just watched a bunch of them move again. THAT is why we're so lucky that that moving cam was not only facing Prosser Lake, but at that exact moment in time to capture that on tape. What are the odds?

Last edited:
Do we know it disappeared that fast, or just that the lights went out?
I counted approximately 90 seconds from when the car stopped, presumably driving into the water to when the lights disappeared. I did so a number of times because I couldn't believe how fast it happened.

I can't go back now to verify but a couple of times I thought I saw a bit of light flare up after the headlights disappeared but honestly I can't be sure - my eyes were actually watering from my squinting, lol. IF that did happen then I wonder if it was when the car turned over. I think you can kind of see something in one of Gray's videos. If I find it I'll link.

Did anyone else notice this—In Gray’s video, IIRC, I think he said people reported headlights going into the water that night, unless I misunderstood. That’s the first I’d heard of that.
There has been a lot pf unverified chatter to that effect on some SM. It gets old, IMO real quick.
If LE had that report it obviously didn’t do any good, did it?

I caught that too - In the “Discuss the Kiely Rodni…” video at around 15:45 he says “…there was people who thought they saw something - headlights going into the water…”
I wonder where these people were - on the other side of the reservoir?

MOO
No, SM chatter has said for ages it was a paety goer. All unverified.

Anglers boat with lights on it entering the water at 12:33 AM? At the exact spot where Kiely’s car sank at 12:33 AM? Judge for yourself?

I’m confused why so many are trying to make conspiracies out of this video or disprove the video when it exactly matches and corroborates all the evidence we have.

Intoxicated young driver likely driving alone because friends ditched her.

Very dark night after moon had set, possibly hazy or foggy.

Driver in a hurry because late for curfew.

Phone last ping at 12:33 AM

Car found underwater straight down slope from wrong turn with only missing driver inside.

Now there is a VIDEO!!! of headlights (quickly steadily without stopping) driving down the road, like all the other headlights before and after it, but making a wrong turn, unlike all the other headlights before and after it, and driving straight down into the water and disappearing 60 or 80 feet from shore right at 12:33 AM. Right where the car was later found.

What is there possibly to still question and doubt?
I just wonder if the story about K planning on sleeping her car/camping is the excuse for someone being aware of her car going onto the “beach” area, greatly reduced by higher waterline at that time. Of course all that ignorance may be shot down now with the video.

Anglers boat with lights on it entering the water at 12:33 AM? At the exact spot where Kiely’s car sank at 12:33 AM? Judge for yourself?

I’m confused why so many are trying to make conspiracies out of this video or disprove the video when it exactly matches and corroborates all the evidence we have.

Intoxicated young driver likely driving alone because friends ditched her.

Very dark night after moon had set, possibly hazy or foggy.

Driver in a hurry because late for curfew.

Phone last ping at 12:33 AM

Car found underwater straight down slope from wrong turn with only missing driver inside.

Now there is a VIDEO!!! of headlights (quickly steadily without stopping) driving down the road, like all the other headlights before and after it, but making a wrong turn, unlike all the other headlights before and after it, and driving straight down into the water and disappearing 60 or 80 feet from shore right at 12:33 AM. Right where the car was later found.

What is there possibly to still question and doubt?
What is there to still question you ask?

That camera does not show who was driving, IF there were multiple people in the cr-v, IF there was anyone who got out before it went in water or after it went in. Nor does it show what happened during the two times it stopped before going into the water.

Without more knowledge there is still plenty of things to doubt and question IMO

California posters--I have to ask something: how common are these cameras? Is it possible any other recent missing may also be on them, like Jolissa? Not to go offtrack, just really curious since the fire risks out west are so much different than where I am rural New England. My mind is blown this was seemingly missed.
Not from CA but saw this in an article @Curiosa20 posted

"As California reacts to a record-breaking 2020 fire season, a backcountry observation network has reached a milestone of installing more than 610 cameras across the state"

source: Eyes on Wildfires

What is there to still question you ask?

That camera does not show who was driving, IF there were multiple people in the cr-v, IF there was anyone who got out before it went in water or after it went in. Nor does it show what happened during the two times it stopped before going into the water.

Without more knowledge there is still plenty of things to doubt and question IMO
GH addresses the 'stopping' and for me, his answer settles the question. He says she isn't stopped; she's driving straight toward the camera which only makes her appear to stop. Makes sense to me.

I think Kiely was attempting a route to beat the traffic, but took the wrong hook and tried to swerve at water's edge but it was already too late.

Hard to see her vehicle lights dim and go dark, swallowed by the reservoir.

The light that is Kiely, may that stay lit -- I like what her mom said -- (I'm paraphrasing) -- be like Kiely, be kind.

JMO

I just wonder if the story about K planning on sleeping her car/camping is the excuse for someone being aware of her car going onto the “beach” area, greatly reduced by higher waterline at that time. Of course all that ignorance may be shot down now with the video.
Yes, that's an insight to ponder over.

This whole scenario of "camping/sleeping in her car" is a puzzle

We know that K called her Mom at 11:30 and at 12:15 according to her Mom, so its not likely that K was ever planning to sleep in her car.

Maybe friends advised her not to drive and K just agreed to camp out to allay their concerns but still planned to drive,

But the camping scenario felt like it was an after-the-fact (Missing) excuse to offload any feeling of guilt/responsibility
of leaving her to fend for herself, knowing she was vulnerable.

( like Her car could fit only one sleeper so she didn't need company or help)

Is this second set of lights in the treeline (i.e.above the vehicle entering water) ones people are interested in? I was wondering whoever this was would they not have noticed the vehicle going into the water?

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.47.35 PM.png

Is this second set of lights in the treeline (i.e.above the vehicle entering water) ones people are interested in? I was wondering whoever this was would they not have noticed the vehicle going into the water?

View attachment 371667
That is one of the sets of lights i've been looking at. Even with the trees you'd think that someone in that vehicle (if paying attention) could have seen the headlights dissapear and potentially be suspicious because the lake is right there.
Another question that we will probably never know an answer for.

MOO
speculation

GH addresses the 'stopping' and for me, his answer settles the question. He says she isn't stopped; she's driving straight toward the camera which only makes her appear to stop. Makes sense to me.

I think Kiely was attempting a route to beat the traffic, but took the wrong hook and tried to swerve at water's edge but it was already too late.

The light that is Kiely, may that stay lit -- I like what her mom said -- (I'm paraphrasing) -- be like Kiely, be kind.

JMO
BBM

very well could be, with the distance of the camera view that we have access to it's really hard to tell for certain exactly what happened in those instances and even how close the vehicles are together

BBM

very well could be, with the distance of the camera view that we have access to it's really hard to tell for certain exactly what happened in those instances and even how close the vehicles are together
I wonder if we'll get to see higher resolution version of the video. There are quite a few flashes of lights that could be other cars. I think at least three cars were just around the corner (the ones that circled back up around 12:37 am). I don't know if they possibly could have had a line of sight to the beach.

We also don't know if there were other cars down there with their lights off. Or people who were out on or near the beach but not in cars.

JMO
I like what Kiely's mom said, too. I also like the story she told about Kiely's friend discovering the true meaning of community. I hope they continue to find strength in each other as they grieve.

And yeah, I just watched Gray Hughes very impressive video. It seems indisputable. I would like to know what our other tech member, Otto, thinks of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back