Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

Just because other drugs/agents were not stated does not mean they were not tested for. There really isn't a reason to report a shopping list of drugs/agents that there were no positive results for IMO.

Smoking weed is enough to impair judgement even without alcohol.

Multiple law enforcement agencies have investigated this including the FBI.

If there was any doubt they would still be investigating.

They have access to more information than the public.

It has been ruled accidental and no foul play.

Time for everyone to move on and let the family and community grieve.

Smoking weed is enough to impair judgement even without alcohol.

Multiple law enforcement agencies have investigated this including the FBI.

If there was any doubt they would still be investigating.

They have access to more information than the public.

It has been ruled accidental and no foul play.

Time for everyone to move on and let the family and community grieve.
I think thc can be even more disorientating, depending on the strength and how much is consumed. It can also make you very drowsy, so it's possible that Kiely nodded off at the wheel.

Impaired driving​

A number of recent studies also focus on how combining weed and alcohol affects your driving.

In a 2013 studyTrusted Source, 80 people participated in six testing sessions. In each session, participants consumed a different combination of placebo, low, and moderate doses of THC and alcohol. Then they completed a driving simulation.

The researchers reported that combining THC and alcohol consistently impaired driving performance, with worse performance during nighttime simulations.

Adding alcohol to a low dose of THC impaired driving simulator scores by 21 percent. Adding alcohol to a high dose of THC impaired driving simulator scores by 17 percent.

The big takeaway? Don’t drive after using marijuana or drinking alcohol. Period.

I'm interested in the full report for learning more & applying to other/future cases.

I stand by accepting the outcome here, as I said I would. This has been odd at times, but I know I have learned quite a bit.

That’s not what the autopsy states. It says that the ethanol found could be from inebriation, could be from decomp. It does NOT state that she was not inebriated, simply that in her state of decomp they can’t say with certainty.
If "ethanol found could be from inebriation or could be from decomp" finding be equal to drunk driving into the lake.
I mean by the way friends were saying they would not get into a car with her that drunk or she seemed "really" drunk I would think the tox screen would be much higher then to be confused with "decomposition phase".
I know people want to accept this finding. Perhaps it was an accident, but it seems unfair to accuse Keily of being so drunk as to cause her own death. I believe Kiley was much smarter than that.

I'm interested in the full report for learning more & applying to other/future cases.

I stand by accepting the outcome here, as I said I would. This has been odd at times, but I know I have learned quite a bit.
I can stand by the outcome here , but I believe LE should announce the findings at a press conference and answer questions backing up their findings.... unless a November 1 conference will do that. They may not owe the public any info but I believe it would be the prudent thing to do.

I know people want to accept this finding. Perhaps it was an accident, but it seems unfair to accuse Keily of being so drunk as to cause her own death. I believe Kiley was much smarter than that.
No one is blaming a 16 year old child for her own death, but us being uncomfortable with what happened doesn’t mean that foul play was involved. There’s just no evidence for it imo.

That’s not what the autopsy states. It says that the ethanol found could be from inebriation, could be from decomp. It does NOT state that she was not inebriated, simply that in her state of decomp they can’t say with certainty.
Exactly so we don't know. IMO if she was aware enough and cohenent enough to talk to her mother and SS then she was not that inebriated.

Exactly so we don't know. IMO if she was aware enough and cohenent enough to talk to her mother and SS then she was not that inebriated.
Not all people sound drunk. I myself as a teenager was many times absolutely hammered, barely walking, and still I both talk with my mother on phone and in person, and she never had a clue.

Then again I know people who start to slur after a one or two drinks.

No one is blaming a 16 year old child for her own death, but us being uncomfortable with what happened doesn’t mean that foul play was involved. There’s just no evidence for it imo.
I think that "blaming a 16 year old child for her own death" IMO, is exactly what LE is saying.
Keily was the only one responsible for driving into a lake and drowning. Although I am very uncomfortable with what happened , I am not trying to blame someone else. I just believe a distinction should be made if her alcohol or drug use is the absolute in causing it. It would be fair to clarify which is it "drunk enough to lose it" or a sad wrong turn mistake made late at night . Perhaps LE can clarify the difference in "falling down drunk".

Reactions: IDK
Kiely sent her mom a text message. I don't see how her mom could tell if she was inebriated from that.
Lindsey Rodni-Nieman got a text late Friday night from her teenage daughter, saying she was planning to leave a party in about 45 minutes and would be coming "straight home."

I think that "blaming a 16 year old child for her own death" IMO, is exactly what LE is saying.
Keily was the only one responsible for driving into a lake and drowning. Although I am very uncomfortable with what happened , I am not trying to blame someone else. I just believe a distinction should be made if her alcohol or drug use is the absolute in causing it. It would be fair to clarify which is it "drunk enough to lose it" or a sad wrong turn mistake made late at night . Perhaps LE can clarify the difference in "falling down drunk".
I'm trying to understand your reasoning. Are you saying it's possible that Kiely was totally sober and that makes her accidentally driving into the lake and drowning better in some way? Where is the "falling down drunk" quote coming from?

Last edited:
Many teens do not have the experience behind the wheel to handle a car safely in different situations including driving at night, driving in inclement weather, or operating a vehicle with many passengers inside. This is what makes teen drivers extremely likely to be involved in an accident in general, and worse if they choose to mix alcohol with being behind the wheel.

The legal drinking age is 21 in California, which also is a zero-tolerance state. Zero Tolerance Law makes it illegal to drive with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.01% or higher if you’re under 21.

I'm trying to understand your reasoning. Are you saying it's possible that Kiely was totally sober and that makes her accidentally driving into the lake and drowning better in some way? Where is the "falling down drunk" quote coming from?
I am sorry the "falling down drunk" was me exaggerating but in keeping with how the narrative has been alluded to from the beginning. Just how drunk or drugged was she. All that was said was alcohol in the system which could be from decomp. Just clarify what that finding means?? If impaired enough to cause the accident, then say it. Lindsey believed her daughter would not drink and drive, let's not be ambiguous. This case has been imaginative enough.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back