Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The development came as actor Gwyneth Paltrow used her social media following to increase awareness around the search by sharing a flyer with her more than eight million followers on her Instagram story.

“Within the only 10 minutes I was there, I literally had a group of five guys, try to come get me to take as many bong rips as I could forcefully, without my boyfriend present,” Magdalene Larson, Keily’s best friend, said.
*So Kiely gives Mags the ride to the party. Did K just take M there to drop her off to meet her boyfriend. M is only there ten minutes so is it safe to assume they were together when the bong was not so gently offered?

eta: I’m surprised mom hasn’t spoke publicly about the last time she saw Kiely.

Dad speaks around :50

Last edited:
Good observations.

The answers may lie with the "Lord of The Flies" environment at the party scene. There is alot of room in that environment for a party goer to:

- Have been given a ride to the party, but then have a alcohol, weed, or other substance fueled falling out with the ride giver or the others in the car. He then approaches KR for a ride.

- Be unable to find his ride as the party thins out. Or, maybe the ride leaves with out anyone realizing- or caring, that they forgot him. The stranded person then asks KR for a ride.

- Predator notices KR, then informs his ride that he has found another way home.

All of the above possibilities would involve somebody not leaving with the same person or group they arrived with. There are probably several such people who did so for fuzzy reasons.

Switching rides does not mean that a person was involved in foul play. Likewise, the trail of dots regarding who rode with whom and who did, or nor did not, leave with whom could be pretty blurry. But the possibility could be a good place to start.

Maybe his ride found a pretty girl to give a ride to instead.

That route could be easily managed by a Honda CRV. Dog Valley Rd. which is sometimes also called Henness Pass Rd depending on which map you are using, is essentially a gravel road. Some of the roads off it are more pot holed and rutted, but the fact that the CRV is all wheel drive, it would have been no problem at all.

Here is a forest service map of the area so people can understand how many OHV roads there are.

View attachment 358833
Even my Honda HRV handles amazing on gravel and dirt roads that are in bad shape. I'm sure a CRV could as it's technically an SUV -- HRV technically a crossover vehicle.

Catching up real quick.... I have a couple of observations from my run and pictures of the boat ramp at 7:30pm last night.

- There was a slight breeze and it was pushing the water East from the boat ramp. I imagine much of the dive teams efforts would be focused to the lookers right of the boat ramp.
- Friday night was calm at my house so I think it was probably calm at the reservoir as well.
- The terrain does enter the water at a fairly steep angle, so it is probably deeper than I think. The water is pretty dark as well.

View attachment 358843View attachment 358844View attachment 358845View attachment 358846View attachment 358847View attachment 358848View attachment 358849View attachment 358850View attachment 358851
- For reference, here is where they were partying... and the main dirt road people need to drive to get there, from the one paved road in/out to this area.

View attachment 358853
As someone who is barely an "okay" swimmer, if I was young and under the influence of a substance, or even sober, I could see myself thinking going swimming in that area would be relatively safe. It's much deeper than it looks, and depending on how quickly the bottom slopes... All it takes is going out a little too far and becoming scared to really get yourself in a pickle -- I've overestimated my own swimming abilities many times as a young person. I've been okay before floating on my back and got startled by a snake swimming by/big fish against my leg and thankfully I wasn't alone, otherwise not sure what would have happened.

Catching up from yesterday, In addition to LE checking all neighborhoods in the search radius from last known ping, one would have to assume that LE is researching all known "registered sex offenders" in the Tahoe Region. If she was driving home and under the influence, had to stop on side of road, or became lost/disoriented, and her situation turned into "crossed paths with wrong person, wrong time", SO said I can help get you home, abducted in her car, driven to sex offenders home, her car parked in garage, as was mentioned by WS'er's, possible scenario. AMOO
Or depending on where this hypothetical situation happened -- car in neutral and pushed off a cliff/into a body of water.
This area seems like it would be ideal for disposing of evidence. Vast and mountainous.

As someone who is barely an "okay" swimmer, if I was young and under the influence of a substance, or even sober, I could see myself thinking going swimming in that area would be relatively safe. It's much deeper than it looks, and depending on how quickly the bottom slopes... All it takes is going out a little too far and becoming scared to really get yourself in a pickle -- I've overestimated my own swimming abilities many times as a young person. I've been okay before floating on my back and got startled by a snake swimming by/big fish against my leg and thankfully I wasn't alone, otherwise not sure what would have happened.

The temperature of the water could have you shutting down and gasping for breath easily in seconds too,even if you are an excellent swimmer. Couple that with impaired reaction times due to intoxication and its a tragedy waiting to happen. IMO

YES. SS said they spoke in the car when charging their phones and that is when she asked Kiely for a ride home. Then later SS changed her mind and got a ride home with someone else when she “saw Kiely intoxicated”.
Then she said she thought Kiely was going to stay at the campsite by herself?!
Why did SS say that she thought Kiely was going to stay at the campground by herself when Kiely made plans to drive her home just an hour earlier????
When Kiely called SS at 12:30, why did Kiely ONLY ask SS if she needed a ride?
I thought SS said she thought Kiely was staying?
Why didn’t SS ask about how Kiely is getting home?
Kiely only asks SS if she needs a ride?
SS doesn’t ask Kiely?
You would think SS would ask Kiely if she is staying or going during that phone call. Why don’t we know if this conversation happened?
So I have a 22 y/o son who always waits till the last minute to charge his phone or has had his phone go dead when out at a party site. His reply to me would seriously be “bruh..I didn’t know my phone was about to die or I forgot my charger..sorry.
My son was seriously irresponsible and later told me he had been drunk/taking party drugs. Impaired or not he would always also tell me he would ask all his friends for a charger/and or to charge his phone. Why? Well his phone was his life, always posting or needing to snap chat. These kids are always on social even during parties.

Kiely may have been drinking at the party however around 11:15 still had the forethought to charge her phone. I would want to know was her phone dead when she went to charge it? —what conversation happened did she say her phone was dead and she needed to charge it or was it her friends idea?
How long did they stay in the car charging their phones? 5 minutes, 10 minutes? What type of phone did Kiely have?
It would give more insight to the battery life. Also if she did go into a body of water. The iPhone(if this is what she had) can last approximately 30 minutes under water before shutting off. Unless her windows where down how long before her car would be submerged?
I think I read somewhere reports had mentioned shortly after 12:36 her phone shut off.
Thinking about this makes me think her phone was physically turned off.

The temperature of the water could have you shutting down and gasping for breath easily in seconds too,even if you are an excellent swimmer. Couple that with impaired reaction times due to intoxication and its a tragedy waiting to happen. IMO
She was a local and knew the lakes run way to cold at night. I can personally say Tahoe and surrounding rivers/lakes are freezing to swim during the day let alone in the evening.

When LE say that, it's beyond concerning, especially when they've had the help of the FBI.

How many miles do you keep expanding the search areas for?

What can you do when there are no clues or witnesses?

I hope there is a break soon, otherwise I feel LE may start scaling down the searches after another week or two. Then it may, sadly, become yet another cold case.
All we can do is have faith others will follow JW and KC after watching them yesterday. There may have been another girl in a different article. I believe some of these young people will find the source of their courage, stand up and speak out. By remaining silent, they could be considered guilty of complicity: per Albert Einstein.

All we can do is have faith others will follow JW and KC after watching them yesterday. There may have been another girl in a different article. I believe some of these young people will find the source of their courage, stand up and speak out. By remaining silent, they could be considered guilty of complicity: per Albert Einstein.

“The world suffers a lot. Not because the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”​

Napoleon.​

<modsnip - post sleuthing non POI has been removed>

<modsnip - sleuthing non POI> Not sure what the connection to Reno is and why her boyfriend and other friend are looking there for her. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the snippet from Kiely’s mother that I referenced above re: ex-boyfriend-

“Rodni-Nieman noted that her daughter is not in a relationship and said Kiely's ex-boyfriend, who previously moved away, came up and has been staying with her family to aid in the search.” Source

Who are the local teens protecting?

From what I’ve read on here and msm - it’s no secret in the community that teens gathered here to party with alcohol and drugs. No rangers, rural police, adults. Perfect secluded spot.

Did 90% of the local teens tell their parent(s) they were at so and so’s house?

If most of the parents knew their teens were at the party - why would these high schoolers be afraid to say anything?

And if it’s such a secluded hard to pin down spot - how did the out of towners find it? Who told them where the party spot was?
JMO

As one of the local "boots on the ground", I'll see if I can quickly catch up on some points brought up.

- Driving access from the Party Site, Lakeside Campground etc to Hobart Mills Rd. There is NO back way access to Hobart Mills Rd without exiting the Prosser Campground area, going North on 89 for ~1/2 mile. You need to cross Prosser Creek and there is only 1 bridge which 89 goes over. Once you are on Hobart Mills Rd, as mentioned before... you have access to Dog Valley Rd/Henness Pass Rd to Verdi (just outside of Reno) or North past Stampeded Reservoir / Sardine Valley / to Loyalton and Sierra Valley. These will all be places with very minimal traffic, cameras etc.
- Swimming in Prosser. Yeah, most locals don't swim in it. It is very murky with a muddy bottom. It is NOT the pristine postcard blue of Lake Tahoe.

<modsnip: Discussion of rumors or hearsay is not allowed>

A couple of odd things that I am trying to piece together....
- Video and pictures of the party site clearly show big pine trees etc., which I took pictures of the other night. This was my understanding of The Sanctuary and where SS has said kids were parked all over, including KR.
- The FBI agents told me the party took place closer to the water on this dirt area between an island and the shore (since it is low water, it is all dirt). They said the music was loud and people from the campgrounds and our neighborhood could hear it. I pushed hard on the exact location because I said pictures and media video did not support their location. But, I did not want to get into a debate.... Cleary as they said, they are just trying to find KR.

So.... I am wondering if there were a couple of parties that ended up merging and mixing? Maybe that is why numbers of people at the party have been all over the place from 100-150 to later 200-300?

Local kids started at The Sanctuary (Yellow Star) and primarily out of towners at the other (Green Star)?UpdatedMap2.jpg

From my run the other night, just before I went back into my neighborhood I took these 2 photos. It is hard to see, but there was a LE truck parked in the GreenStar spot where the FBI claimed the party took place.GreenStar2.jpeg
GreenStar.jpeg

- One last side note, my daughter's BF came over last night for dinner. He was not at the party but he knew kids that were. I asked him if there were possibly 2 sites? He said there could have been... especially with 200-300 kids, he imagined kids would be all over the place. Anyhow, this is just something that I am trying to process. Like many, there are things here that just don't add up.

- Btw, my daughters BF works a local sporting goods shop and KR's dad came in yesterday to pick up an item being serviced. Understandably he was in a very bad mood and the employees all gave him some space :(....

Anyhow, just want to try and clarify some of the questions folks have had and with a my personal spin on things as well. We know many of the local kids, their families etc. Most would not hold information back because they are trying to hide things... I just can't help wonder if KR wandered to the other party and something there happened, so the locals didn't see it? I don't know but just feel helpless.

Her ex-boyfriend was in Napa. I mistakenly said Reno. It's on this interview with SS.

AND as per the video linked above by BoH THERE is NO current BOYFRIEND...she's single...& a reminder she is only 16.

FWIW.

ETA: 18mm in the interview = interesting discussion tho off limits for discussion here unless a mod will approve...

(Mod has been alerted)

Last edited:
As one of the local "boots on the ground", I'll see if I can quickly catch up on some points brought up.

- Driving access from the Party Site, Lakeside Campground etc to Hobart Mills Rd. There is NO back way access to Hobart Mills Rd without exiting the Prosser Campground area, going North on 89 for ~1/2 mile. You need to cross Prosser Creek and there is only 1 bridge which 89 goes over. Once you are on Hobart Mills Rd, as mentioned before... you have access to Dog Valley Rd/Henness Pass Rd to Verdi (just outside of Reno) or North past Stampeded Reservoir / Sardine Valley / to Loyalton and Sierra Valley. These will all be places with very minimal traffic, cameras etc.
- Swimming in Prosser. Yeah, most locals don't swim in it. It is very murky with a muddy bottom. It is NOT the pristine postcard blue of Lake Tahoe.

<modsnip: Discussion of rumors or hearsay is not allowed>

A couple of odd things that I am trying to piece together....
- Video and pictures of the party site clearly show big pine trees etc., which I took pictures of the other night. This was my understanding of The Sanctuary and where SS has said kids were parked all over, including KR.
- The FBI agents told me the party took place closer to the water on this dirt area between an island and the shore (since it is low water, it is all dirt). They said the music was loud and people from the campgrounds and our neighborhood could hear it. I pushed hard on the exact location because I said pictures and media video did not support their location. But, I did not want to get into a debate.... Cleary as they said, they are just trying to find KR.

So.... I am wondering if there were a couple of parties that ended up merging and mixing? Maybe that is why numbers of people at the party have been all over the place from 100-150 to later 200-300?

Local kids started at The Sanctuary (Yellow Star) and primarily out of towners at the other (Green Star)?View attachment 359055

From my run the other night, just before I went back into my neighborhood I took these 2 photos. It is hard to see, but there was a LE truck parked in the GreenStar spot where the FBI claimed the party took place.View attachment 359058
View attachment 359057

- One last side note, my daughter's BF came over last night for dinner. He was not at the party but he knew kids that were. I asked him if there were possibly 2 sites? He said there could have been... especially with 200-300 kids, he imagined kids would be all over the place. Anyhow, this is just something that I am trying to process. Like many, there are things here that just don't add up.

- Btw, my daughters BF works a local sporting goods shop and KR's dad came in yesterday to pick up an item being serviced. Understandably he was in a very bad mood and the employees all gave him some space :(....

Anyhow, just want to try and clarify some of the questions folks have had and with a my personal spin on things as well. We know many of the local kids, their families etc. Most would not hold information back because they are trying to hide things... I just can't help wonder if KR wandered to the other party and something there happened, so the locals didn't see it? I don't know but just feel helpless.
You are doing great. Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads