Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand of the WS forum rules, I can’t share the details and speculation that is going around locally, so this post is intentionally vague.

I can share my own theory of what happened, based on what we are hearing. So here is my own opinion, as of 1pm today.

1. The party invite was spread widely outside the area, including among students at Sierra College (where KR will be a freshman later this month).
2. Many adults attended and brought drugs which were openly offered to younger girls in attendance, leading to groups mixing and connecting in new ways.
3. KR got intoxicated, with more than alcohol, and made friends with new people outside her immediate social circle.
4. As tends to happen near the end of these outdoor parties, people started breaking off and going to after-parties indoors. KR either offered a ride to people going to an after-party (perhaps Sierra College students she wanted to get to know) or was convinced to stop by a party because it was on her way home.
5. At the after party, more substances were used and something tragic happened. This may have even been a genuine accident, and people may have left her, thinking she was asleep.
6. The missing CRV may be in a garage, where the tragedy occurred, or parked on one of many long driveways.

Context: This time of year, right before school starts, families with second homes head back to the Bay Area. Sometimes kids of driving age or college age will stay here longer, without their parents. Other times, kids know which homes are vacant and will have after parties there. Tahoe Donner is a massive development where this happens most often in the area, and it is on KR’s likely drive home, so that’s what I’d consider most likely.

A lot of other details about KR’s habits and interests are also going around which I didn’t think are appropriate to share, but contribute to why this is my current theory.
Interesting. Thank you. Sounds plausible. Do you know if LE or volunteer groups have search that area, checking out vacant houses f.i.?

You are welcome. The group here has a ton of experience with these type of missing persons cases... so the questions and thoughts that have been asked has been very enlightening and educational for me. Like everyone here... I hope there is some kind of break through with insight or information today. Keeping my fingers crossed....
Your posts are packed with local information and details, much appreciated. You may have joined specifically for this case. If so, hoping Kiely is soon found safe, we all move on, and you stick around with us to explore other cases. Welcome to Websleuths!

Would trying to recreate her phone information be something they might possibly do? I've seen so may contradicting statements about what the 12:33am time means. Does it mean that the phone last pinged at that time? Does it mean she just turned the phone off or it died? Was there just no service? Or does it mean it was destroyed/submerged? I've also heard some say that if the phone was just off as in she turned it off or it died, it would continue to share location info. Is this true? I just thought if they could try to recreate it they might narrow down the location and what might've happened to the phone. If it was destroyed at 12:33am and Sami is telling the truth that she last saw Kiely at 12:25am, that would not give Kiely very long to get far away from the campground before something happened. I also remember Sami saying she could clearly hear the party in the background of the call from Kiely around 12:30am too so she was still there and wouldn't have gotten far.
iPhones don't communicate to the outside world once cell signal is lost. All Apple or the cell provider really know is that there was no communication after a certain point. Certain iPhones can send a location to Apple when they are about to shut down due to loss of battery power. This article provides some information:
Note that the article is somewhat misleading, as the phone only communicates its location as it is shutting down, and if the phone is moved afterwards, the location will not be updated unless the phone is turned on again.

I suspect the phone either lost power, was turned off, or otherwise destroyed by KR or someone else. As for the phone being in water, the timeline is quite tight at this point and KR would have had to race to the water at a high rate of speed. Either the phone battery was drained by the last call, she turned it off herself (for unknown reasons). or someone took her phone almost immediately after the call ended.

Or, possibly more likely, the timeline is incorrect.

can't find a livestream link. but new article just dropped.

"Be Safe. Don't, like, do anything stupid."

Those were the last words that Kiely Rodni's boyfriend says he said to her before she went missing last Saturday morning after attending a party at a California campground.

"I don't know where she is," Jagger Westfall told Fox40 on Wednesday " We don't have anything to go off of at this point. But, I fully believe that she's alive and well. And I fully believe that [we] are gonna bring her home safe."
Boyfriend of Missing Teen Kiely Rodni Recalls His Final Words to Her: 'Be Safe. Don't Do Anything Stupid'

I'm frustrated by the fact that in addition to these kids not speaking up, the interviews I have listened to with local parents and such are trying to explain away this behavior by saying they are scared kids and don't want it to be known they were there. I understand these parties happen BUT the kids were engaging in illegal activities and putting themselves in dangerous situations and something did happen! It doesn't matter how they feel at this point. What matters is doing the right thing and speaking up or sending info! I can't believe parents would actually enable and/or make excuses for their kids to act this way. How about some accountability for actions??
Not to mention, these "kids" are pretty darn close to being adults and should have some sort of sense of responsibility by this point. And there were, indeed, adults at the party. They need to speak up! IMO But with parents making excuses for them I guess it's no surprise the apples don't fall far from trees. IMO

I mean these are good points but at the same time her picture is all over the news. If this ends up being a foul play abduction case then I still find it hard to believe someone wouldn't have seen her with someone. And a lot of these kids made it home safe so it might be they were not too drunk af or that drugged up if they were able to make it home ok.
Even sober at a party to 200 people at night in the dark I'm not going to be remembering faces of everyone passing by. Again I'm not saying no one saw anything but there is a chance that no one did.

I don't believe there is enough room to park 100-150 cars at either "The Sanctuary" or the Spot closer to the water. Between the 2 spots, then maybe. I *personally" believe there is somewhat of an over exaggeration of the number of people there. At our largest local HS, there were ~125 in my daughters graduating class. Definitely not everyone goes to these parties. Maybe 50 cars at The Sanctuary and 75-100 cars at the other spot? But they would have to be pretty organized in how they parked in my opinion.

The single dirt road in/out to both spots (which the FBI agents and I discussed), would have been busy.... to either spot. On a previous map I shared, it's the redline.

Maybe throughout the night there could have been 200-300 kids filtering in and out (which is what my daughter is hearing), but not all at once. If anything, she has heard that local kids showed up... realized they didn't know as many people and got a "strange vibe", and took off relatively shortly after.

I am not sure I know what you are referring to... maybe buildings where the Truckee River water is diverted for some of the flumes and canals ie Steamboat Ditch in Reno? Either way, I haven't heard of Truckee kids heading down there. At least for my daughters, they tended to stay more local. Hope that helps.
In an interview with News Nation posted last night, SS pointed out where Kiely’s vehicle was parked and turned to show where the party was happening and also indicated where cars were parked.
The distances were actually insignificant- all very close together. She also said cars were parked “on the road.”

From what I understand of the WS forum rules, I can’t share the details and speculation that is going around locally, so this post is intentionally vague.

I can share my own theory of what happened, based on what we are hearing. So here is my own opinion, as of 1pm today.

1. The party invite was spread widely outside the area, including among students at Sierra College (where KR will be a freshman later this month).
2. Many adults attended and brought drugs which were openly offered to younger girls in attendance, leading to groups mixing and connecting in new ways.
3. KR got intoxicated, with more than alcohol, and made friends with new people outside her immediate social circle.
4. As tends to happen near the end of these outdoor parties, people started breaking off and going to after-parties indoors. KR either offered a ride to people going to an after-party (perhaps Sierra College students she wanted to get to know) or was convinced to stop by a party because it was on her way home.
5. At the after party, more substances were used and something tragic happened. This may have even been a genuine accident, and people may have left her, thinking she was asleep.
6. The missing CRV may be in a garage, where the tragedy occurred, or parked on one of many long driveways.

Context: This time of year, right before school starts, families with second homes head back to the Bay Area. Sometimes kids of driving age or college age will stay here longer, without their parents. Other times, kids know which homes are vacant and will have after parties there. Tahoe Donner is a massive development where this happens most often in the area, and it is on KR’s likely drive home, so that’s what I’d consider most likely.

A lot of other details about KR’s habits and interests are also going around which I didn’t think are appropriate to share, but contribute to why this is my current theory.
I believe this is the most probably theory I have heard yet. Law Enforcement is pushing very hard to get information from people at the party. They have search exhaustively along her route home.

It is very hard to hide a vehicle. A garage or vacant property is a definite possibility. It reminds me of the case in Michigan? where the ex-girlfriend hid the car in a shed on the property of the elderly man she was caring for. It was discovered many years later when the man died and his property was sold. I believe they never found the boyfriends body.

I agree. The good news is a whole lot of kids have shared what they know with LE, it’s just not public. Unfortunately there are a number of conceivable reasons why anyone that may think they could be the reason she is missing is not talking. And with the current theory of something happening at an after party, some kids and their parents are expecting her to be found soon without more help needed. I hate that way of thinking, but I get it.
Also should add: with the after party theory on people’s minds, most here fully expect there will be charges filed once she is found (as there should be). So that’s influencing some attendees not to talk. As #%*!ed up as that is….

Suddenly I have slow tears falling. Your post affected me. Kiely isn’t going to walk through her front door, is she? There will be no miracle for Kiely Rondi. I knew better than to become so invested in a child’s case. I’ve learned the hard way. I still haven’t gotten over Gannon Stauch yet. I won’t even go back to that thread even though it’s still active. I can’t. I mostly post articles and updates now on threads and rarely get so involved. I just don't. I just won’t. Kiely reminds me so much of my granddaughters, I couldn’t help myself. Oh my, this is so heartbreaking. Perhaps the only thing that can surpass the pain of losing a loved one is the misery of not ever knowing what has happened to them or who may be held accountable.

as to the size of the party, I believe LE when they say

What was different that night was that the party was “very large” with teens from different schools all over the region descending there.

“There’s not generally so many people there. That’s what made it unusual,” said Kiely’s mother.

Officials have said that around 200 to 300 teenagers and young adults gathered for the party that night.
Kiely Rodni’s boyfriend reveals his last words to teen before she vanished - live

BTW this link has the presser on livenow

I live in the same county, and I just received an automated phone call encouraging people to call the anonymous tip line with information about her disappearance. It included her full physical description, as well as her vehicle.

Edit: also received a text from Placer County Sheriff's Office with a link to a "Regional Emergency Alert" with the same physical description of her and her vehicle. I don't recall ever getting these types of communication before so I'm glad they were able to make this happen.
But the odd thing is they didn't send one to Western Nevada County where I live I am sure it is hard for them to cover all angles.

@truckeelife You and the other local @Runin530mtns should get in touch with either one of the mods or @Tricia to become verified for the case and then I think you can post things that you've heard etc.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't believe that no one saw anything. Either way you look at this if she left the party someone would have heard the car leaving and seen her leave, and if she had stayed back then someone has to know that she stayed back with someone. and honestly if she was drunk af like it's been said I don't believe she would have drove out there without making some sort of noise because I don't know that she would have made it perfectly out of there.

At such parties people are coming and going all the time, most of the participants are under influence of booze or something else and there are more interesting things to watch than other participants. Nobody tracks the movements of other people and most of the cars on this particular party were standing in complete darkness, away from the headlight lit circles of ground used as dancefloor/arena/meeting spot. So... sorry these were not the circumstances that would help noticing someone left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288