Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post made me realize I too have done the same thing on many occasions. Not recently, but especially when I was younger.. of course I realize now how risky that behavior was, but I was known to wander home if I was done with a party before my friends, mainly in college. I know I scared my friends more than once and now realize how stupid that was… but thankfully I was very lucky.
As for the quoted portion- I honestly think a bigger group would make it easier for her to slip away (alone or accompanied by someone else) without anyone noticing, because the activity of the party would certainly not notice 1 or 2 people slipping away in the pitch black, or even driving away in cars. Obviously we know (or assume) other partygoers (SS and her ride at least) were leaving the party around the same time, so another car leaving wouldn’t raise alarms or cause anyone to notice.
I used to get annoyed and leave all the time. No one noticed because they were not paying attention. I am not surprised at all no one noticed her leave.

For me, one of the biggest pieces of evidence that has stuck with me is the fact that her cell phone stopped pinging at 12:30, I think it was (and other people in this thread have explained that a dead battery or a cell phone being turned off wouldn't stop it from pinging).

But what would happen if she were in, say the trunk of a car? I apologize if the suggestion is upsetting - but one of the reasons I've been convinced she ended up in water is because of the cell phone issue. And I've been thinking of other alternatives where that specific fact would still fit.

If she were trying to leave (or had left) the campground, and had been abducted and put in the trunk of the car, would that have cut off contact from her phone?

(I apologize if this has been discussed - i have tried to keep up with all the posts in the thread - but there are a lot!).
No. Upthread they said only in water, battery dead, physically destroyed or turned off.

I don’t think anyone posted the entire Lana Del Rey poem the sweatshirt is representing. I know the authorities said they think it’s mass-produced, and it doesn’t matter, but it’s actually rare.

<modsnip: Copyright infringement>

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it's pissing me off how silent the kids who were in attendance at that party are when it comes to this case. I find it hard to believe that not one person didn't see her leave when there were damn near 300 kids at that party and it BS that not one of them is speaking up to help this case and find this girl. A mom is missing her child. I get they might be afraid to speak up but come on. This is a human life and parents are suffering. It makes me so mad.
I agree. For the the teens under age as a parent I would make them login to their photo and I would be going through the snap chat videos of that night and going a screen shot of everything. Then give to LE. So they can reach out to the people in those pictures and go from there. JMO

Wow! I had no idea! Not sure how I feel about this honestly.
Yeah, def Blade Runner in action. I had no idea this tool is being used so widely.
If they’re dragging something it’s a fair bet that there is some kind of surveillance happening.
The advantage of Infrared in a case like this (and it is far fetched speculation of course) would be the possibility of detecting heat image in a structure that should be empty/not occupied.

I don’t think anyone posted the entire Lana Del Rey poem the sweatshirt is representing. I know the authorities said they think it’s mass-produced, and it doesn’t matter, but it’s actually rare.

<modsnip: Copyright infringement>
What does “rare” mean?

I understand the words on the sweatshirt were a little eerie and ironic given the circumstances. But other than that, I see no significance, someone lent her that sweatshirt, it isn’t hers, she had nothing to do with choosing those words for her attire.

A phone being shut off or the battery dying (and it powering down), will prevent a phone from pinging. What usually happens (from following lots of murder cases on here), is that the phone will ping one final time, giving authorities that last known location.

Newer model iPhones do have a feature where your phone can be located when powered down, which requires someone with an Apple device to travel near your missing device (you do have to opt into this in your settings).

ETA: We don't know the model of device (as far as I know), nor do we know how long it would survive in water. Newer model phones can typically be submerged for much longer than devices in the past, which would be damaged within seconds.

Her friend said that they went back to Kiely's car to charge their phones at one point, so there's a decent chance she didn't have much battery to begin with.

Okay, thanks a lot of this. I have my iPhone, iPad, and MacBookAir - but I'm embarrassed to say I know little about the technology b/c I mainly use 'all devices" for texting, internet, social media, taking pictures, and basic games.

Ha ha - I'm 43...which is 'old' for young people but probably young enough you'd think i'd have a better understanding about how "technology works".

One of the reasons I'm probably fascinated by 'cell phone pinging' is that there have been several high profile murders in Toronto, where I'm from (gun-related, not WebSleuth-stuff) that have turned on pinging.

In any event, not to destroy the thread by my own personal monologue...

If Kiely is 16 presumably her phone is fairly new - even if her phone was 'old', given her age, how "old" would it be? 2 year max?

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight who, with her husband, owns a place in Incline Village ("aren't they lucky!"). They haven't been there since the winter - she follows this site (but doesn't post here) - she was asking whether anyone thought the 'private house party' theory would have involved Incline. We both figured it would not because it was so far away and the price point of the houses probably would not encompass the party goers who were going elsewhere.

Okay, thanks a lot of this. I have my iPhone, iPad, and MacBookAir - but I'm embarrassed to say I know little about the technology b/c I mainly use 'all devices" for texting, internet, social media, taking pictures, and basic games.

Ha ha - I'm 43...which is 'old' for young people but probably young enough you'd think i'd have a better understanding about how "technology works".

One of the reasons I'm probably fascinated by 'cell phone pinging' is that there have been several high profile murders in Toronto, where I'm from (gun-related, not WebSleuth-stuff) that have turned on pinging.

If Kiely is 16 presumably her phone is fairly new - even if her phone was 'old', given her age, how "old" would it be? 2 year max?

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight who, with her husband, owns a place in Incline Village ("aren't they lucky!"). They haven't been there since the winter - she follows this site (but doesn't post here) - she was asking whether anyone thought the 'private house party' theory would have involved Incline. We both figured it would not because it was so far away and the price point of the houses probably would not encompass the party goers who were going elsewhere.
SS said students from Incline High were invited to the Senior Farewell party at the Sanctuary.

Highly unlikely.

Incline would just be too far a drive past too many cameras for a house party. It's also across state lines.

Tahoe-Donner makes perfect sense, especially if these outdoor parties usually are held in the Prosser Reservoir area. No one even has to cross the freeway and if there is party house, my guess it would be more likely on the east side than the west.

Thread is open again.

Please move on from discussing the social media rumor that LE effectively refuted. Kiely has not been located so we all need to get back on track with discussing Kiely's case without all the social media drama.

Thanks !!

One theory I haven’t heard yet, or maybe I just missed it….
Is it possible that this WAS an elaborate runaway scheme? The hoodie message? Telling mom she’d be home, the conflicting stories of whether she was spending the night or not….

I mentioned early on the first thread that I hoped KR had run away as the best case scenario. I was deeply involved with a thread here several years ago concerning a local girl who had disappeared from a party in the woods that included sketchy characters. Her car was found an hour away with damage. We (including her father) were sure that something dire had happened to her and did a lot of sleuthing (at the request of her father) to figure it all out. Ultimately, she surfaced about three months later. She had run away. I won’t go into all the details, as the thread has disappeared, but suffice to say, she wanted to go live with her father. KR appears to have a similar family situation (with a step parent), so I don’t discount the possibility that she has run away. Better that than in the reservoir!

<modsnip - off topic>

<modsnip - inside information without being verified>

Our friends have all been searching, they have been at every meeting, one who works in the local school system has been working long hours with the LE going over possible valuable information, yet we are still without answers. Everybody is frustrated.

I know there are many theory’s out there…. But for KR’s father desperately handing out flyers… I hope we can get answers soon. Like I said in my very first post on this site… this event has hit very close to home….

<modsnip - off topic>

<modsnip - inside information>

Our friends have all been searching, they have been at every meeting, one who works in the local school system has been working long hours with the LE going over possible valuable information, yet we are still without answers. Everybody is frustrated.

I know there are many theory’s out there…. But for KR’s father desperately handing out flyers… I hope we can get answers soon. Like I said in my very first post on this site… this event has hit very close to home….

The Truckee “vibe” sounds similar to where I live in Southern Oregon @Runin530mtns. And when the teen I’ve mentioned disappeared, the town worked hard to find her. It does hit very close to home. I really hope the answers come soon for KR and not months from now. My heart hurts for all of you. Thanks for being here, along with other locals.

When there isn't good cell phone service the phone battery will die very fast. The phone keeps searching for a signal and it drains the battery. I think her phone battery died before whatever happened to her, happened.

I understand the words on the sweatshirt were a little eerie and ironic given the circumstances. But other than that, I see no significance, someone lent her that sweatshirt, it isn’t hers, she had nothing to do with choosing those words for her attire.
I just do not think there are coincidences in a situation like this. the sweatshirt creeps me out. I have also been curious if maybe the sweatshirt sparked an idea she always had especially if she was intoxicated and possibly on drugs/psychedelics. I also wonder if she is at a rental house in the area where the owners are never there and her car is in a garage. With the FBI and all the LE, she might be scared to come forward? I'm just hoping for the best at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd