Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a trick your IPhone is doing, not your car. None the less I do think you make a valid point on older predatory people being at parties like this. THis is the only option I think could have happened if her car is not in the water. I sure hope she is out there somewhere, it is just so very sad.
Agree on the point re: phone telling where the car is versus the car. My iphone did/does the same thing after parking and going in somewhere (pops up with a reminder of where my car is parked) and I believe it’s tied to the maps app.
I just traded in my 2014 CRV and it did not have gps or satellite tracking capabilities. I believe it was in first thread for Kiely here- we discussed (and confirmed via Honda’s website) that Honda didn’t add this feature until at least 2015/2016 depending on trim level.

Finding the car would be a huge break. I have a feeling they will find the car soon. The fact that there were people at the party from Sacramento, and San Francisco means her car could be in one of those cities as well.

Something curious that piqued my interest; Kiely's mother says Kiely will be attending Sierra College. I saw that her (bio) dad was quoted saying: “When your kids become 16, where are they going to go,” Daniel said. “My daughter is a straight-A student on her way to U.C. Santa Cruz. At 16, she’s 16 going to college.

It may simply be that Kiely plans to transfer to UC after attending Sierra but I was just wondering if there were some hesitations on where Kiely would go this fall and/or if she knew any older kids who attend UC Santa Cruz. It's not a big deal, like I said I'm just curious.

MOO.

Pretty much what I said she said.. except for the quote from the "Sun." Not sure if that is an actual quote, or if they split it up (as they tend to do with quotes).

You highlight the word "old." I'm just not sure what she meant when she said that. It's speculation to assume she meant "people that were much older than she was" when she could simply be referring to the age of the people that came over from the other areas. Since we don't know how old those people were, they could just as easily be teens as adults.
I must have misunderstood. I thought you said you hadn’t seen anywhere where SS had brought up a concern about the age of the people who attended the party.

Since SS is 18, it’s reasonable to believe she was referring to adults over 18. Granted, that’s a young adult, as in college-age, but “Ronnie” told The Sun reported that a “Ronnie” knew friends that are around 27/28 years old that attended.

Kiely is only 16.

scratch>EDIT: "Ronnie" information came not from an interview with The Sun but rather The Sun quoted the YouTube creator who said "Ronnie" emailed him with this information. Neither the family nor LE have confirmed the email as being legitimate.
Thank you @MsMarple for the clarification!

Last edited:
Something curious that piqued my interest; Kiely's mother says Kiely will be attending Sierra College. I saw that her (bio) dad was quoted saying: “When your kids become 16, where are they going to go,” Daniel said. “My daughter is a straight-A student on her way to U.C. Santa Cruz. At 16, she’s 16 going to college.

It may simply be that Kiely plans to transfer to UC after attending Sierra but I was just wondering if there were some hesitations on where Kiely would go this fall and/or if she knew any older kids who attend UC Santa Cruz. It's not a big deal, like I said I'm just curious.

MOO.
Santa Cruz to Truckee is around a 6 hour drive. I wouldn't think a high school party would be worth a 12 hour round trip with $6 gas for UC Santa Cruz students.

“Within the only 10 minutes I was there, I literally had a group of five guys, try to come get me to take as many bong rips as I could forcefully, without my boyfriend present,” Magdalene Larson, Keily’s best friend, said.

“There was a lot of guys that did approach us,” Smith said. “Definitely, I was getting a gut feeling that during that party that something, something just didn’t feel right with the number of people that were there and how old some of these people were.”

“From the number of people who did show up, it was scary. It was really scary,” Smith recalled.

I must have misunderstood. I thought you said you hadn’t seen anywhere where SS had brought up a concern about the age of the people who attended the party.

Since SS is 18, it’s reasonable to believe she was referring to adults over 18. Granted, that’s a young adult, as in college-age, but “Ronnie” told the Sun he knows friends that are around 27/28 years old that attended.

Kiely is only 16.
Nothing good can come from people in their late 20s partying with teenagers.

When Kiely called her friend SS at 12:36 asking her if she needed a ride home, did SS indicate whether Kiely was sitting in her car? Walking to her car? I know SS said she knew she was still at the party because she could hear the noise from it while she talked to Kiely.

When LE works these cases, they have to work with what they know as fact, then work their way out from there. As new evidence and leads develop, your working theory changes to fit the evidence. Right now, LE has found no evidence that KR drove off the road despite numerous searches in water and on land. They haven’t eliminated this possibility, but they have to look at other alternatives more closely. So what do we know?
From all accounts, it seems like that Kiely intended to drive home that night. She texted her mother at 11:30 pm and told her she would be leaving the party about 12:15 am. I’m wondering if the alcohol she had consumed caught up to her by 12:15.
At 12:26 she and SS parted ways with SS telling Kiely she had found another ride.
At 12:30 LE said she was last seen at the party
At 12:33 her phone was no longer active. Was it shut off, run out of battery, dropped/broken/submerged?
At 12:36 SS states that KR called her and asked if she wanted a ride. This seems to contradict that KR’s phone was last on at 12:33.
If this call did go through, was KR so out of it that she did not remember talking to SS 10 minutes before? I’m sure LE has by now subpoenaed KR’s phone records, but in the meantime did SS show LE her call list from that night?
This leads us to where was KR when she spoke to SS at 12:36? Was she walking alone towards her own vehicle? There was a sort of circle of vehicles that had their headlights on to illuminate the party area. The area outside this ring was probably much darker. I’m sure figures could be seen in the area, but probably not recognizable unless they were fairly close. So if KR was walking alone in the dark as she spoke to SS or sitting in her vehicle, she was probably not paying good attention to her surroundings. Was someone lurking in the area? There have been many cases where people have been attacked while approaching or sitting in a vehicle in a dark area. I wonder if people have had items taken from their vehicles during these parties. Unfortunately , this has become common at popular trailheads. Maybe Kiely came upon someone who was attempting to break into a vehicle. If her state of inebriation was as severe as SS indicated, it probably wouldn’t take much to overpower her. If she was stumbling around in the dark with her keys in her hand, a not so good sammaritan may have offered to assist her to her vehicle as others have mentioned earlier in the thread. There are certainly many possibilities.
Unfortunately if something like this happened to KR, it wouldn’t be surprising to have such a lack of clues. Kids partying in the dark, in the woods, are just not apt to notice a car pulling away, a couple walking off together, or be able to describe a stranger in a group of strangers. It would take some kind of altercation or unusual noise to catch their attention.
I still think the greater likelihood is that KR was involved in an accident, going off the road into water or a ravine. However, I don’t think foul play can be ruled out just yet.
If KR went off to a house party you would have a much more intimate group of people to witness some mishap like a drug overdose. I think if that is the case, it is just a matter of time before someone’s conscience gets the better of them and they spill to LE. MOO
BBM
If true, this doesn't make sense.
Did she use someone else's phone to call SS at 12:36?

When Kiely called her friend SS at 12:36 asking her if she needed a ride home, did SS indicate whether Kiely was sitting in her car? Walking to her car? I know SS said she knew she was still at the party because she could hear the noise from it while she talked to Kiely.

When LE works these cases, they have to work with what they know as fact, then work their way out from there. As new evidence and leads develop, your working theory changes to fit the evidence. Right now, LE has found no evidence that KR drove off the road despite numerous searches in water and on land. They haven’t eliminated this possibility, but they have to look at other alternatives more closely. So what do we know?
From all accounts, it seems like that Kiely intended to drive home that night. She texted her mother at 11:30 pm and told her she would be leaving the party about 12:15 am. I’m wondering if the alcohol she had consumed caught up to her by 12:15.
At 12:26 she and SS parted ways with SS telling Kiely she had found another ride.
At 12:33 her phone was no longer active. Was it shut off, run out of battery, dropped/broken/submerged?
At 12:36 SS states that KR called her and asked if she wanted a ride. This seems to contradict that KR’s phone was last on at 12:33. If this call did go through, was KR so out of it that she did not remember talking to SS 10 minutes before? I’m sure LE has by now subpoenaed KR’s phone records, but in the meantime did SS show LE her call list from that night?
This leads us to where was KR when she spoke to SS at 12:36? Was she walking alone towards her own vehicle? There was a sort of circle of vehicles that had their headlights on to illuminate the party area. The area outside this ring was probably much darker. I’m sure figures could be seen in the area, but probably not recognizable unless they were fairly close. So if KR was walking alone in the dark as she spoke to SS or sitting in her vehicle, she was probably not paying good attention to her surroundings. Was someone lurking in the area? There have been many cases where people have been attacked while approaching or sitting in a vehicle in a dark area. I wonder if people have had items taken from their vehicles during these parties. Unfortunately , this has become common at popular trailheads. Maybe Kiely came upon someone who was attempting to break into a vehicle. If her state of inebriation was as severe as SS indicated, it probably wouldn’t take much to overpower her. If she was stumbling around in the dark with her keys in her hand, a not so good sammaritan may have offered to assist her to her vehicle as others have mentioned earlier in the thread. There are certainly many possibilities.
Unfortunately if something like this happened to KR, it wouldn’t be surprising to have such a lack of clues. Kids partying in the dark, in the woods, are just not apt to notice a car pulling away, a couple walking off together, or be able to describe a stranger in a group of strangers. It would take some kind of altercation or unusual noise to catch their attention.
I still think the greater likelihood is that KR was involved in an accident, going off the road into water or a ravine. However, I don’t think foul play can be ruled out just yet.
If KR went off to a house party you would have a much more intimate group of people to witness some mishap like a drug overdose. I think if that is the case, it is just a matter of time before someone’s conscience gets the better of them and they spill to LE. MOO
Glad to see you in here @OldCop!

BBM
If true, this doesn't make sense.
Did she use someone else's phone to call SS at 12:36?
The 12:36 appears to be a mistake that has taken in a life of it’s own. I’ll look for the original quote.
LE references 12:33 as last outgoing from Kiely’s cell.
Thank you for helping to keep us straight!

Since SS is 18, it’s reasonable to believe she was referring to adults over 18. Granted, that’s a young adult, as in college-age, but “Ronnie” told the Sun he knows friends that are around 27/28 years old that attended.

Kiely is only 16.
Just a minor point: the "Ronnie" information came not from an interview with The Sun but rather The Sun quoted the YouTube creator who said "Ronnie" emailed him with this information. Neither the family nor LE have confirmed the email as being legitimate. Maybe it is but LE is currently dealing with fake information being put out on social media so I'd take this tidbit with a grain of salt until we hear otherwise.

BTW to be clear I don't doubt there were older people at the party. My concern is that the man who sent the email claims two guys not only saw Kiely but also knew what she was doing during the night - claiming Kiely was "messed up" and stumbling around, she was going from group to group, etc. That's a pretty detailed description from two older guys who say they didn't know Kiely.

Anyway, I'd be more comfortable to hear confirmation from LE or family. MOO.
=========
[YT creator], who has been covering the teen’s disappearance and has 133k subscribers, says he received an email from a tipster whose family members attended the bash.

During a phone call featured on a new episode, tipster Ronnie Jones, told him: "I have two cousins, they go to Sierra College, and they were going up to that party, they'd heard about.

At 12:36 SS states that KR called her and asked if she wanted a ride. This seems to contradict that KR’s phone was last on at 12:33. If this call did go through, was KR so out of it that she did not remember talking to SS 10 minutes before? I’m sure LE has by now subpoenaed KR’s phone records, but in the meantime did SS show LE her call list from that night?

Good points. I will add that I can envision a senecio where she had the 12:00 curfew (and appears to respect it being she asked her mother for an extension), looked around and realized her friends where gone. Being under the influence, did a quick exit to the car and left unannounced. This is probably why no-one has information. She is 16 most were probably 17/18/19, lived remotely, the party was a mix of covid remote schooled kids from multiple schools that probably didn't all grow up with her or know her personally. Her exit from the party was probably not eventful.

I lean towards this being an accident, and the possibility that she didn't take the shortest route home. It looks like there is a lot of ATV searchers that have probably scoured the direct path. If she had too much to drink, she may have taken another route away from Truckee and I80.

If there were a lot of kids/young adults there, in the dark woods in the middle of the night, they maybe didn't see anything. Or they didn't know her and wouldn't realize if something was off, even if they did see something.
You'd think there would be some sort of interaction even though they are "in the dark woods in the middle of the night". Is it just a bunch of people sitting there in the dark?

If any of the windows in her vehicle were open, how would that impact sinking? Spiral? That'd be a near impossible situation to survive if one had one's faculties in full. Disoriented and under the influence, impossible. Death trap. Even just a back seat window, partially opened, would render that vehicle an inescapable torpedo in minutes IMO.

JMO

They said there was organized fights. They weren't just sitting around.
My post was in regard to mooseandcoffee saying it was dark and maybe no one saw anything. Obviously people saw something. Edit- IMO Is organized fights a good thing?

@OldCop
From Reno Gazette-
"Because we don't know, we just have that timeline, we are considering everything," said Scott Alford, a Placer County Sheriff's detective. He said the case is being investigated as a missing person. The last time Kiely's cellphone was on was at 12:33 a.m. Saturday.

Also: from Fox40
The sheriff's office had said they were treating the case as possible abduction because authorities have not been able to find Kiely's car. However, at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, Placer County Sgt. Scott Alfred said they are investigating the teen's disappearance as a missing person case.

"This a missing person's case, this is a search and rescue effort," Alfred said, noting that the focus of the investigation is to find Kiely and bring her home.

Alfred said cellular data shows that Kiely's phone was last pinged on Aug. 6 at 12:33 p.m.

Presser happening right now and the girl talking (not sure if she's leading the investigation or what) just said that ADULTS are encouraging teens to not come forward with information they might know. I just freaking can't with this BS! Infuriating! She had to encourage once again that they don't plan on arresting anyone that was at the party. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson