Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a minor point: the "Ronnie" information came not from an interview with The Sun but rather The Sun quoted the YouTube creator who said "Ronnie" emailed him with this information. Neither the family nor LE have confirmed the email as being legitimate. Maybe it is but LE is currently dealing with fake information being put out on social media so I'd take this tidbit with a grain of salt until we hear otherwise.

BTW to be clear I don't doubt there were older people at the party. My concern is that the man who sent the email claims two guys not only saw Kiely but also knew what she was doing during the night - claiming Kiely was "messed up" and stumbling around, she was going from group to group, etc. That's a pretty detailed description from two older guys who say they didn't know Kiely.

Anyway, I'd be more comfortable to hear confirmation from LE or family. MOO.
=========
[YT creator], who has been covering the teen’s disappearance and has 133k subscribers, says he received an email from a tipster whose family members attended the bash.

During a phone call featured on a new episode, tipster Ronnie Jones, told him: "I have two cousins, they go to Sierra College, and they were going up to that party, they'd heard about.
Gotcha. Appreciate the clarification!

Not partying with teenagers. More likely selling/dealing....

MOO
I would bet that whoever the older people selling/dealing the drugs probably have the same mentality as the teenagers and enjoyed partying with them. IMO Drug dealers don't have a difficult time finding people to buy drugs. They choose to sell the drugs at a teenage party because they wanted to be with that age group.

BBM
If true, this doesn't make sense.
Did she use someone else's phone to call SS at 12:36?
Exactly. SS has been giving interviews wherein she states that she was the last person to talk to KR at 12:36, but is in direct conflict with LE’s time of the phone going off Grid.

She's talking again saying they have no interest in arresting people for drug use and underage drinking. She is saying that its impeding the investigation by them doing this. This is just damn sad that they have to say this.

@OldCop
From Reno Gazette-
"Because we don't know, we just have that timeline, we are considering everything," said Scott Alford, a Placer County Sheriff's detective. He said the case is being investigated as a missing person. The last time Kiely's cellphone was on was at 12:33 a.m. Saturday.

Also: from Fox40
The sheriff's office had said they were treating the case as possible abduction because authorities have not been able to find Kiely's car. However, at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, Placer County Sgt. Scott Alfred said they are investigating the teen's disappearance as a missing person case.

"This a missing person's case, this is a search and rescue effort," Alfred said, noting that the focus of the investigation is to find Kiely and bring her home.

Alfred said cellular data shows that Kiely's phone was last pinged on Aug. 6 at 12:33 p.m.
Exactly, that is why I mentioned in my post that SS’s claim of a phone call from KR at 12:36 was in conflict with what LE released.

Presser happening right now and the girl talking (not sure if she's leading the investigation or what) just said that ADULTS are encouraging teens to not come forward with information they might know. I just freaking can't with this BS! Infuriating! She had to encourage once again that they don't plan on arresting anyone that was at the party. So sad.

Maybe the adults are worried about their own backsides too?.maybe some of the alcohol at that party didn't come from college kids and fake ID'S?.
They are probably concerned about their kids college futures etc, aren't they the lucky ones that their kid still has that option when it's looking very much like Kiely doesn't!.

Presser happening right now and the girl talking (not sure if she's leading the investigation or what) just said that ADULTS are encouraging teens to not come forward with information they might know. I just freaking can't with this BS! Infuriating! She had to encourage once again that they don't plan on arresting anyone that was at the party. So sad.
I can't help but wonder if there was an incident in that area involving kids using drugs and or alcohol that was criminally charged after speaking up. Seems very unusual that adults are encouraging kids not to come forward with information.

I think you are right. Then factor in that the increase in numbers could well have brought harder drugs- and harder people.

At the end of the day, I think a substantial majority of Junior College students do not show up at parties packing hallucinogens and cocaine. Rather, cocaine n' shrooms sporting older attendees were of the unenrolled, the wanna'bes and the barely enrolled “perpetually taking a class or two" sub groups.

I have a sneaking suspicion that what started out as a safe (or at least relatively safe) hang out for area teens that featured drinking and recreational pot use, either metamorphisized or, was co opted by others into a very chaotic and potentially dangerous event featuring hard drugs and hard people.

Perhaps with out realizing the extent of the metamorphosis, KR arrives as an unaccompanied female.
im not too sure it was ever "safe"... i feel like it was chosen because its remote and private, away from prying eyes of cops and parents.

Something curious that piqued my interest; Kiely's mother says Kiely will be attending Sierra College. I saw that her (bio) dad was quoted saying: “When your kids become 16, where are they going to go,” Daniel said. “My daughter is a straight-A student on her way to U.C. Santa Cruz. At 16, she’s 16 going to college.

It may simply be that Kiely plans to transfer to UC after attending Sierra but I was just wondering if there were some hesitations on where Kiely would go this fall and/or if she knew any older kids who attend UC Santa Cruz. It's not a big deal, like I said I'm just curious.

MOO.
i took that as she was going to sierra college and transferring to UCSC. she is a minor and her family lives too far for her to attend now.

@OldCop
From Reno Gazette-
"Because we don't know, we just have that timeline, we are considering everything," said Scott Alford, a Placer County Sheriff's detective. He said the case is being investigated as a missing person. The last time Kiely's cellphone was on was at 12:33 a.m. Saturday.

Also: from Fox40
The sheriff's office had said they were treating the case as possible abduction because authorities have not been able to find Kiely's car. However, at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, Placer County Sgt. Scott Alfred said they are investigating the teen's disappearance as a missing person case.

"This a missing person's case, this is a search and rescue effort," Alfred said, noting that the focus of the investigation is to find Kiely and bring her home.

Alfred said cellular data shows that Kiely's phone was last pinged on Aug. 6 at 12:33 p.m.
The cell phone is a concern. I was originally thinking it was out of battery, however, if she was in her car it would have been plugged in. Everyone is glued to their phoned today. I would think she would have immediately connected the charger before starting the car.

BBM
If true, this doesn't make sense.
Did she use someone else's phone to call SS at 12:36?
When Kiely called her friend SS at 12:36 asking her if she needed a ride home, did SS indicate whether Kiely was sitting in her car? Walking to her car? I know SS said she knew she was still at the party because she could hear the noise from it while she talked to Kiely.

When LE works these cases, they have to work with what they know as fact, then work their way out from there. As new evidence and leads develop, your working theory changes to fit the evidence. Right now, LE has found no evidence that KR drove off the road despite numerous searches in water and on land. They haven’t eliminated this possibility, but they have to look at other alternatives more closely. So what do we know?
From all accounts, it seems like that Kiely intended to drive home that night. She texted her mother at 11:30 pm and told her she would be leaving the party about 12:15 am. I’m wondering if the alcohol she had consumed caught up to her by 12:15.
At 12:26 she and SS parted ways with SS telling Kiely she had found another ride.
At 12:30 LE said she was last seen at the party
At 12:33 her phone was no longer active. Was it shut off, run out of battery, dropped/broken/submerged?
At 12:36 SS states that KR called her and asked if she wanted a ride. This seems to contradict that KR’s phone was last on at 12:33. If this call did go through, was KR so out of it that she did not remember talking to SS 10 minutes before? I’m sure LE has by now subpoenaed KR’s phone records, but in the meantime did SS show LE her call list from that night?
This leads us to where was KR when she spoke to SS at 12:36? Was she walking alone towards her own vehicle? There was a sort of circle of vehicles that had their headlights on to illuminate the party area. The area outside this ring was probably much darker. I’m sure figures could be seen in the area, but probably not recognizable unless they were fairly close. So if KR was walking alone in the dark as she spoke to SS or sitting in her vehicle, she was probably not paying good attention to her surroundings. Was someone lurking in the area? There have been many cases where people have been attacked while approaching or sitting in a vehicle in a dark area. I wonder if people have had items taken from their vehicles during these parties. Unfortunately , this has become common at popular trailheads. Maybe Kiely came upon someone who was attempting to break into a vehicle. If her state of inebriation was as severe as SS indicated, it probably wouldn’t take much to overpower her. If she was stumbling around in the dark with her keys in her hand, a not so good sammaritan may have offered to assist her to her vehicle as others have mentioned earlier in the thread. There are certainly many possibilities.
Unfortunately if something like this happened to KR, it wouldn’t be surprising to have such a lack of clues. Kids partying in the dark, in the woods, are just not apt to notice a car pulling away, a couple walking off together, or be able to describe a stranger in a group of strangers. It would take some kind of altercation or unusual noise to catch their attention.
I still think the greater likelihood is that KR was involved in an accident, going off the road into water or a ravine. However, I don’t think foul play can be ruled out just yet.
If KR went off to a house party you would have a much more intimate group of people to witness some mishap like a drug overdose. I think if that is the case, it is just a matter of time before someone’s conscience gets the better of them and they spill to LE. MOO
Would local law enforcement have already asked ss or the ex to prove timing of calls and texts that night to clear them?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think there would be some sort of interaction even though they are "in the dark woods in the middle of the night". Is it just a bunch of people sitting there in the dark?
I"m not saying there wasn't interaction. What I'm saying is that I might pay more attention or be able to give more information about a friend's comings and goings at a party compared to someone I didn't know. That's all I'm saying.

i took that as she was going to sierra college and transferring to UCSC. she is a minor and her family lives too far for her to attend now.
Yeah, that was my thought too, that she'll transfer at some point. Lol, typical dad bragging about his kid going to a well known college. I just hope Kiely will be able to attend. :(

I taught English for 25 years, and in the early years I taught this novel. (In later years we weren't allowed to select what we wanted).

It has several themes that pertain to this mob/party.

One major theme is what would happen in a society that has no laws and no authority figures, such as parents and law enforcement. Are people innately "good," or will mob mentality devolve into evil? What is created in the absence of social norms?

Viewing this mob/party as a microcosm, since it was a temporary "society" in the woods and not a long-term society on an island, it appears that social order did break down. Of course these kids and young adults have parents and law enforcement around, as they're not isolated as in LOtF, but at the moment, those parents and LE were on the periphery.

Even if Kiely had come home safely, this party to celebrate graduation (ostensibly) became a mob, with people of varying age groups, hundreds of outsiders, drugs, alcohol, and who knows what between the sexes.

And, of course, in the novel, one child's life is sacrificed.
I’ve watched the movie (the most recent one) several times. I cry every time when they show the scenes with the little boy with the broken glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288