Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that her phone died at the party
Hmmm, I'm not so sure.
Yes, she went to her car with SS to charge it up, allegedly.
But what teen would let their phone battery die, especially during a party?

She lives in a rural area, so must be aware of having a charged phone at all times, especially being both a driver and a minor.

Why didn't she charge it up at home before she went to the party?

What was she actually doing before the party anyway? Was she even at home?

I'd like to have a detailed timeline of the whole of that day.

MOO.

Last edited:
I got to thinking about the car yesterday. What if it is in a nearby town in plain sight? Everyone is talking about Tahoe and Reno but there other nearby towns. I live in the same county, but on the west side (Near Nevada City/Grass Valley). It is a bit of a curvy drive down Hwy 20, so both sides of the county don't have a connected feel at times. What if we all think someone else is looking for her car and it is just sitting in some random parking lot or place without anyone noticing? Because there are still people in the county who are not really that in tuned with the news and have no idea those fliers are for our county. It has certainly made me look at every car like hers more closely. Just a thought but also a possibility.

This is my first post here about this story, so I'm sure about 25 other people have asked the same thing, but does anyone think the car may have gone off the road and crashed in a ravine or valley, and isn't readily visible, with or without her or anyone else in it?
Yes, it's certainly been discussed.

Those here at WS who are familiar with the geography around that area know how likely that could be.
I would think that few, if any, theories have been tossed as impossible

KR was alone at the party

No boyfriend
No JW Bass guy
One friend left after 30 minutes
SS left without her, yet reporting she was inebriated.
This is what makes me think she wasn't alone and standing by herself. Surely she must've been with other people, even just one or two?

I understand her boyfriend and JW Bass boy not being there.

However, why did her friend that left after 30 mins and SS just leave her there if they knew it had a weird vibe and she was inebriated?! She must've been with someone? SS must've seen she was with someone before she went.

I'd like SS to clarify who Kiely was with when she decided to leave, and if either of them knew these people.

Am I missing something?

Why can’t these teens call crime stoppers or give info anonymously? Is this just to simple?

A girl’s life is at stake here. It’s not about them. If you saw something…SAY SOMETHING!

MOO
This is what points to an accident. Im assuming that there is no information because her exit was not eventful. If she did a quick exit, whoever was talking to her might have not realized they were the last to see her.

This is what makes me think she wasn't alone and standing by herself. Surely she must've been with other people, even just one or two?

I understand her boyfriend and JW Bass boy not being there.

However, why did her friend that left after 30 mins and SS just leave her there if they knew it had a weird vibe and she was inebriated?! She must've been with someone? SS must've seen she was with someone before she went.

I'd like SS to clarify who Kiely was with when she decided to leave, and if either of them knew these people.
She probably has (to the police for FBI). They don't cover this information for us, and news is never a help... just headlines.

I think too much is read into inexperienced teens with microphone from the press stuffed in front of them. Non have been very coherent in there thoughts and expressions. I believe I saw that the BF (as quoted from the press) was actually an exBF that they keep quoting as current BF.

I don't see anything coming out until the car is found until all suspects are eliminated.

I assume the FBI will track all Cell phones in the area of the party, and sort through possible suspects in attendance. They will be able to determine who was there.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure.
Yes, she went to her car with SS to charge it up, allegedly.
But what teen would let their phone battery die, especially during a party?

She lives in a rural area, so must be aware of having a charged phone at all times, especially being both a driver and a minor.

Why didn't she charge it up at home before she went to the party?

What was she actually doing before the party anyway? Was she even at home?

I'd like to have a detailed timeline of the whole of that day.

MOO.

Could have been charged, the more remote the connection the more batter that is used. An older phone would also have diminished batter capability.

Sounds like they were charging in her car earlier, probably did not worry about charge when she left home. There's a charger for later.

Kegs aren’t in much use in those kind of environments. They use Bongs, which is how one becomes very intoxicated very quickly.
SS said it was very scary out there.

LE is treating Kiely’s disappearance as an Abduction. They just can’t do an Amber Alert because there are no helpful tips pointing to a Kidnapper.. But that doesn’t diminish the fact that they are treating it as an Abduction, hence the door-to-doors, Ring requests over several counties, low fly overs, etc. I am quite impressed by LE coordinated approach and exhaustive efforts.
I feel greatly for her family and friends along with all the good community pulling together to do their best.

Skipped a few pages but here are two more thoughts. I hope the mods don't think this is "sleuthing".

IMO...

At this stage, if something major had happened at the party, someone would have come forward via tip line, or direct approach. It seems so far that the car is not in the immediate area of Prosser Park or Lake.

Which leaves A) going off with smaller group (or individual) that had a campsite or lived in the area meaning the entire Truckee area (perhaps even as some suggest, there was an "after party") or B) attempted to drive back home (which seems not to be explored much)

Concerning A); she calls her friend to check again if she needs a ride at 12:30. SS says it sounds like she is still at party but because of the call I think she is going to her car to head home. She doesn't indicate staying overnight nor does she indicate a different party, according to MSM accounts. So a person following her, befriending her, and a later an accident or abduction becomes a possibility. This person could easily make up a story for their friends the next day as to where they went and how they got home, etc.

B) Maybe she got out of the park on 89 and made it back to town. I don't see any large cliff areas either north or south along the roads. I would hope all video from convenience stores and gas stations in Truckee have been pulled/reviewed. Most towns have someplace to get "drunk food" before hitting home. A local may let us know if that is even a reality. If so, has that been checked? She may have met someone there or at a gas station stop (after squatting in the woods she may have wanted a proper sit or clean up?)

Kegs aren’t in much use in those kind of environments. They use Bongs, which is how one becomes very intoxicated very quickly.

LE is treating Kiely’s disappearance as an Abduction. They just can’t do an Amber Alert because there are no helpful tips pointing to a Kidnapper.. But that doesn’t diminish the fact that they are treating it as an Abduction, hence the door-to-doors, Ring requests over several counties, low fly overs, etc. I am quite impressed by LE coordinated approach and exhaustive efforts.
I feel greatly for her family and friends along with all the good community pulling together to do their best.

If it was bongs, she would have been much safer than the intended alcohol. Much more capable of awareness, and driving. I would be much more worried about driving with alcohol.

SS stated that she and KR went to go "pop a squat" a few times together. Maybe once KR hung up the phone with SS, she decided to go into the trees for one last bathroom break before her 30-40min drive home. And maybe someone saw her alone and walked back to her car with her... and I don't want to imagine the rest. If she was off alone using the bathroom it could explain why no one seems to have seen her directly leave, and why her cellphone suddenly went off.
With that many people there, and them probably coming and going all night, and very inebriated on who knows what, it's not out of the question someone else couldve slipped away from the party and no one noticed. All JMO nothing really makes complete sense.

Last edited:

Did LE change their statements that they're treating it specifically as an abduction now?
A couple of pressers ago when asked if it was an abduction case they said no, they're treating it just as a missing person investigation, but nothing is off the table.

I got to thinking about the car yesterday. What if it is in a nearby town in plain sight? Everyone is talking about Tahoe and Reno but there other nearby towns. I live in the same county, but on the west side (Near Nevada City/Grass Valley). It is a bit of a curvy drive down Hwy 20, so both sides of the county don't have a connected feel at times. What if we all think someone else is looking for her car and it is just sitting in some random parking lot or place without anyone noticing? Because there are still people in the county who are not really that in tuned with the news and have no idea those fliers are for our county. It has certainly made me look at every car like hers more closely. Just a thought but also a possibility.
Totally agree -- I posted this earlier -- lots of places to hide a vehicle in plain sight.
Walmart, Target, etc., parking lots, hospital lots, parking decks, train or bus station, etc. Possibly take time to switch license plates, whatever.
Especially easy if two or more were in on it.

She probably has (to the police for FBI). They don't cover this information for us, and news is never a help... just headlines.

I think too much is read into inexperienced teens with microphone from the press stuffed in front of them. Non have been very coherent in there thoughts and expressions. I believe I saw that the BF (as quoted from the press) was actually an exBF that they keep quoting as current BF.

I don't see anything coming out until the car is found until all suspects are eliminated.

I assume the FBI will track all Cell phones in the area of the party, and sort through possible suspects in attendance. They will be able to determine who was there.
I agree that too much is being read into the teens words/stories/reactions. They aren’t filtered and are obviously not used to talking seriously… they aren’t thinking of their audience like an adult does. They are just speaking like they do in their every day lives: casual/exaggerations etc.

Respectfully disagree. I've been to plenty of rural campsite parties just like this back in the day (10-15 years ago) and kegs were most definitely there. Especially high school parties.

Yes. The recent case of Chrissy Powell, younger mom who went missing in the San Antonio, TX area, was found in her car, deceased, about 18 days after she left for work. In a busy shopping mall complex near a restaurant and REI store. Security noticed it, but didn't really think much to walk up to it until days later... Right on her route to work, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie