Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM.

Is this really correct?

I would have thought that an older car underwater for a long time would be rusty, covered with algae and lake silt etc. and not be seen as easily as a newly submerged shiny car which would reflect light and sonar waves better.

MOO.
Yeah I think there's a range where it's more visible, a very old one (around 30+ years) would be harder to see too, but a fresh one is a bit different (according to what they've said). They describe it as flashy, still looking like an object but not like a car.
Chaos Divers has a video on Abigail Brandenburg, missing for 6 days, where they describe it like that. When they show it on side scan it does stand out, but it is only 8.5ft deep too.
There's so many variables and I'm not going off my own experience here so I really can't say for sure ofc.

Yeah I think there's a range where it's more visible, a very old one (around 30+ years) would be harder to see too, but a fresh one is a bit different (according to what they've said). They describe it as flashy, still looking like an object but not like a car.
Chaos Divers has a video on Abigail Brandenburg, missing for 6 days, where they describe it like that. When they show it on side scan it does stand out, but it is only 8.5ft deep too.
There's so many variables and I'm not going off my own experience here so I really can't say for sure ofc.
Adventures with Purpose have said this before too. I don't know the science behind it, but yeah - a car that has been underwater for a few years is easier to find on their radar than a car that hasn't been under for long.

I really think she's down in a ravine somewhere buried under trees/foliage....butttt now this is kinda giving Travis Elliot vibes. Maybe LE is letting this girl talk so much for a reason?
Idk. I think accident 60/40

First time poster. I've been deep in the tag on Twitter since Sunday night. Mostly combating the cruelty being dished up to Kiely's friend's and family. To do that I've been watching all of the official and unofficial meetings that have been streamed. And what I've noticed is that they're (seemingly) only focused on the teens they know/think were at the party and the adults who are dissuading them from coming forward. Which obviously makes sense. But I haven't heard anyone expressly reaching out to younger kids. Like 11-14. I remember being that age and my friends and I begging/bribing/ blackmailing older siblings into letting us tag along to parties. We were also nosy as hell. We knew a lot of stuff about our older siblings that they thought was secret. The same is true of my students now. So there is potentially a who new age bracket that may have seen something that night or heard something after the fact. Because they've been so open about who they want info from that leads me to believe that they maybe didn't think to ask.But also, they have a lot of tips and brains involved who may have already looked into it and found nothing. Has this occurred to anyone else?

I know one of the theories is that she's underwater with the car. I find it hard to believe she's at the lake she partied at... Has it been considered that maybe she dropped her phone in the lake drunk or got in an argument and her phone ended up in the lake and then she left the party? It could have even ended up being spilled on. It could explain her actually charging her phone, and then her phone abruptly being shut off and not plugged back in. The reason I say this is I have broken phones after drinking by dropping them. She was near a body of water..

Did I hear SS correctly on that interview with All American Dream Chaser? Did she specifically bring up that the 89 doesn't have traffic cams and then a few minutes later says she was headed home on the 89 that night?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
First time poster. I've been deep in the tag on Twitter since Sunday night. Mostly combating the cruelty being dished up to Kiely's friend's and family. To do that I've been watching all of the official and unofficial meetings that have been streamed. And what I've noticed is that they're (seemingly) only focused on the teens they know/think were at the party and the adults who are dissuading them from coming forward. Which obviously makes sense. But I haven't heard anyone expressly reaching out to younger kids. Like 11-14. I remember being that age and my friends and I begging/bribing/ blackmailing older siblings into letting us tag along to parties. We were also nosy as hell. We knew a lot of stuff about our older siblings that they thought was secret. The same is true of my students now. So there is potentially a who new age bracket that may have seen something that night or heard something after the fact. Because they've been so open about who they want info from that leads me to believe that they maybe didn't think to ask.But also, they have a lot of tips and brains involved who may have already looked into it and found nothing. Has this occurred to anyone else?

Welcome @AbbyCadaver! Excellent first post. Thanks for combatting the cruelty online. You make an interesting point about younger kids that I hadn‘t thought of before.

Also bothering me from that interview is Sami's statement that when they left the car (after the phone charging episode) that they split up so Sami could find another ride. She then stops herself and goes completely blank for several seconds searching for a way to finish that sentence. Unfortunately, the interviewer bailed her out and changed the topic completely.

So Sami had already decided, while they were still in Kiely's car, to look for another ride. That decision was made in the car, not later. So what happened in the car that made Sami leave Kiely and go looking for another ride? The interviewer does not ask about this and Sami never goes back to the topic. IMO
I agree. Interviewer bailed her out. I think she was wasted and probably talking to many people at the same time so she’s coming off like a space cadet. Also it seems like she doesn’t care how she comes off to the public. Typical for some teens.

I just noticed something, SS says after charging she tries to find a lift home, this will be right around the time KR messages her mum about extending curfew. Why is SS looking for a lift if at this time KR is still planning on driving back home ?
They were wasted and partying with dozens of other kids. So, not only were they their normal self centered immature selves, they were plastered.

Funny you mentioned the Liluns… many of the party goers in the SS brief video seemed very young to me. Good point!

Yep the longer this goes on the more I believe she died accidentally doing something illegal like drinking or using drugs, and for whatever reason the people who were there when it happened decided to hide her body and her car instead of calling for help or going to the police. Typically in situations like these police will lean heavily on that group of people and eventually someone will crack and tell the truth.

Has anyone mentioned Molly being used at this party? I have seen it used a lot a festivals. It could explain a lot if KR used it and drank as well. It could explain how she was described as acting and the euphoria the drug can cause could have given her the sense of being able to overly capable, not to mention a distortion of time. It could also explain why it is hard for SS to recall details if they accidentally ingested it in something they were drinking. It's just a thought.

Has anyone mentioned Molly being used at this party? I have seen it used a lot a festivals. It could explain a lot if KR used it and drank as well. It could explain how she was described as acting and the euphoria the drug can cause could have given her the sense of being able to overly capable, not to mention a distortion of time. It could also explain why it is hard for SS to recall details if they accidentally ingested it in something they were drinking. It's just a thought.
Any and all intoxicants, hypnotics, stimulants, hallucinogens or sedatives are suspect in this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong