Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I have always appreciated your posts. But, this one has me scratching my head. Witnesses, even law enforcement say there were anywhere from 200 to 300 teenagers and young adults in attendance, including KR.

I understand, Warwick7. All I want is for Kiely to be returned home in good health.

Allow me to offer two examples of my frustration.

1. We have seen a lot of beautiful photos of Kiely but not one photo of Kiely at the party she allegedly attended for 3 hours in the woods. Even the cctv image of her, we are told, is exactly what she was wearing that evening. I don't see the long gold chain we are told she wears everyday but they're asking the public to be on the lookout for her jewelry, 3 necklaces.

2. At this link is a video. At the 2:00 minute mark, it shows two images of the Lana Del Rey sweatshirt that was introduced by authorities who say she was in possession of while at the party. There is no photo of Kiely wearing the sweatshirt. Instead, we get an advertised sample of what the gray sweatshirt looks like. The reporter, JR Stone, states those attending the party that he's spoken to tell him that it was hot at the party. None of them remember seeing Kiely wearing the LDR sweatshirt.

Kiely Rodni: New image released of hoodie in possession of Truckee teen the night she went missing

"You don't want to be forgotten you just want to disappear"

EXCLUSIVE Interview! Sami Smith Tells All​

I don't know if this has been posted already? There is a lot of first hand information from KR's friend SS here, IF allowed. So i will flag it.

Timestamped for brevity.

It was posted/discussed on thread #1 a few days ago if you want to go back and look.

I’m finding it hard to believe that she was at the party that entire time. Here's a potential alternative series of events.

Between when KR is seen on surveillance cam in Truckee and ~9, something happens to her.

Three people are with her when that thing happens and they spend the next few hours whipping up a plan.

Two people go with her phone to the party - I'll just refer to them as person A and person B. One person, Person C, is already at the party. The two hand off the phone to Person C.

Person A and Person B leave the party. Person A will hold onto both person A and B's phones for the remainder of the night to allow the phones to ping far away from KR's phone and give them an alibi. Person B will take KR's car and drive it as far away as possible to a predetermined location and hide it there and wait to be picked up by Person A. Person A will send a text to KR's phone sometime during this time period to "prove" that they had their phone with them and had really left the party and that both of them are alive and well and not with KR. Person A then leaves to go pick up person B from the car drop site that they both had agreed on ahead of time. Person A leaves both person A and person B's phone behind at home or wherever they went to after leaving the party, while Person A goes to pick up B from the drop site.

Person C meanwhile, spends the night with KR's phone. Person C will claim they were with KR in KR's car charging phones but never be seen with KR at the party. Person C replies to the messages sent to KR's phone and helps construct a completely divergent timeline to throw off the police. Right before she leaves the party, Person C calls their own phone from KR's phone and then ditches it somewhere. Person C gets in the car with a random group of people and heads home.

No idea where KR's body would fit into all of this but wouldn't be surprised if it is in the car that was ditched and will likely not be found for quite some time as it is in a completely different direction from the search.

Let me know if there are obvious flaws in this theory. It's just that, a theory - because a lot of this doesn't add up to me!

I’m finding it hard to believe that she was at the party that entire time. Here's a potential alternative series of events.

Between when KR is seen on surveillance cam in Truckee and ~9, something happens to her.

Three people are with her when that thing happens and they spend the next few hours whipping up a plan.

Two people go with her phone to the party - I'll just refer to them as person A and person B. One person, Person C, is already at the party. The two hand off the phone to Person C.

Person A and Person B leave the party. Person A will hold onto both person A and B's phones for the remainder of the night to allow the phones to ping far away from KR's phone and give them an alibi. Person B will take KR's car and drive it as far away as possible to a predetermined location and hide it there and wait to be picked up by Person A. Person A will send a text to KR's phone sometime during this time period to "prove" that they had their phone with them and had really left the party and that both of them are alive and well and not with KR. Person A then leaves to go pick up person B from the car drop site that they both had agreed on ahead of time. Person A leaves both person A and person B's phone behind at home or wherever they went to after leaving the party, while Person A goes to pick up B from the drop site.

Person C meanwhile, spends the night with KR's phone. Person C will claim they were with KR in KR's car charging phones but never be seen with KR at the party. Person C replies to the messages sent to KR's phone and helps construct a completely divergent timeline to throw off the police. Right before she leaves the party, Person C calls their own phone from KR's phone and then ditches it somewhere. Person C gets in the car with a random group of people and heads home.

No idea where KR's body would fit into all of this but wouldn't be surprised if it is in the car that was ditched and will likely not be found for quite some time as it is in a completely different direction from the search.

Let me know if there are obvious flaws in this theory. It's just that, a theory - because a lot of this doesn't add up to me!
This is what I’ve been thinking too. I don’t want to think it, but it seems plausible

Hmm...
But if it was an accident, why didn't A, B, C just call 911 emergency number?

Accidents happen.

MOO

Last edited:
"If there’s anyone who knows of anything about my daughter’s disappearance and ahs not come forward, I implore you, I beg of you to find the courage to step forward and to share a story even if it’s a hard thing to do," Lindsey said in a video message she sent to NBC Bay Area on Saturday.

"As I sit here tonight and contemplate the stage that the current investigation is in and search for Kiely, I think about all of the brave teens who have come forward and how courageous they have all been in sharing their story, Lindsey continued. "I think about the parents of those teens who have been so courageous in supporting their children in the decision to come forward and do that right thing of sharing."

I remember going to raves that seemed a lot like this party. There was always an abundance of lsd, ecstasy, mushrooms, alcohol and cocaine. If anyone had a reaction that might require medical assistance…the party would scatter quickly. I don’t find it strange at all for her friends to leave before her. I’ve also been in too many situations where I myself was too effed up to drive but partook in some cocaine to revive myself enough to drive home. I’m fortunately long since clean, but it was really common in that party scene to do a couple lines before leaving. I also could see someone needing a ride home but saying they could drive her car to their home then she could drive the rest of the way home. I feel like there should be a lot more footage of the party out there…the way everyone likes to document their lives. Is there a location based search for social media posts?

Or she got lost and went off the road and into the water.

This was my initial thought- but , at this point, I really don't think so.
If the sightings are correct- she was last seen at about 12:30 AM.
Her phone stopped pinging at 12:33 AM.
If her phone- which was allegedly charged an hour before, goes "dead" 3 minutes after she was last seen- it would be easy enough for LE to narrow down which bodies of water could hold KR and her vehicle ( I would assume)
After more than a week of searching, there is nothing.

JMO

I remember going to raves that seemed a lot like this party. There was always an abundance of lsd, ecstasy, mushrooms, alcohol and cocaine. If anyone had a reaction that might require medical assistance…the party would scatter quickly. I don’t find it strange at all for her friends to leave before her. I’ve also been in too many situations where I myself was too effed up to drive but partook in some cocaine to revive myself enough to drive home. I’m fortunately long since clean, but it was really common in that party scene to do a couple lines before leaving. I also could see someone needing a ride home but saying they could drive her car to their home then she could drive the rest of the way home. I feel like there should be a lot more footage of the party out there…the way everyone likes to document their lives. Is there a location based search for social media posts?
Aren't there profiles of her friends who have attended the party and they are public 'cause they might show some info on her whereabouts or who she was hanging out with?

Hmm...
But if it was an accident, why didn't A, B, C just call 911 emergency number?

Accidents happen.

That is the logical resolution- call 911.
But- the people that were there are probably afraid that because of drug use and furnishing drugs and/or alcohol to a minor - they could be held liable.
What if someone was already on probation, getting ready to leave for college, have parents with some kind of clout, or just flat out panicked and want to distance themselves from the situation.
Sometimes, younger people don't have the rationale that someone over 30 might. Panic can distort how a situation is handled.

JMO

Apparently, after searching, iPhone 13 Pro supposedly waterproof for 30 min at 20 feet.

I'm guessing it wouldn't just shut off immediately if she hit water.

ETA: According to elmomom's post #203, the phone transmission signal would STILL cut off immediately. Just to keep things straight.

Last edited:
Where is Kiely Rodni? HLN's Susan Hendricks spoke with her mother and stepfather this morning and they say some of the kids who were at the campground party where she was last seen are talking, but some aren't.
Tipline: 530-581-6320 or findkiely@gmail.com

1;30

Apparently, after searching, iPhone 13 Pro supposedly waterproof for 30 min at 20 feet.

I'm guessing it wouldn't just shut off immediately if she hit water.
Transmission would be cut off immediately. Just because the phone is waterproof, that doesn’t mean it can send or receive signals under water, which it cannot. It just means that when it is removed from the water it will not have been irreversibly damaged.

edied for clarity, it’s because cellular signals cannot travel effectively through water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member