Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear SS correctly on that interview with All American Dream Chaser? Did she specifically bring up that the 89 doesn't have traffic cams and then a few minutes later says she was headed home on the 89 that night?

<modsnip>
You heard right... they asked her about highway cameras...not that many off on state highways...

Ms Rodni-Nieman said that their family members share cellphone location data and so she checked her daughter’s phone.

The last location data was at the campground where the party took place at 12.03am.

She has since learned that Snapchat data shows her cellphone at the same location at around 12.30am.

More from Lindsay, Kiely’s mom in the same interview at The Independent-
“We are desperate for any other teens to come out and share the last pieces of the story that nobody seems to be able to piece together,” she said.

“If we could just have that piece of the story of who she did leave with, when, which way did she go. I’m imploring the teenagers and the parents of the teenagers.”

She added: “I do think that there are stories from that night that have not been told and I think that as soon as those people who have stories have the courage to come forward and share it that would be such a massive turning point and could help slingshot us forward.”

Except she called her “momma” not mom which, to me, shows it was actually KR.
That could have been her mom's wording during the interview, when in actuality the text may have referred to her as "mom." I recall reading early on that a red flag was that K referred to her as "mom" in the text, but she always normally called her "Mama." Here's an article from Wed, Aug 10, in which the mom quotes the text as her calling her "mom." BUT - I think we can go back and forth forever on this as sources vary and unless we saw the actual text, who knows what she really said. If she DID call her Mom and never referred to her as such, that is indeed a flag.

If we for a moment, exclude everything we publicly know from SS, what are we left with as LE or MSM verified facts: 1) the 6pm store surveillance image, 2) a text to Mom at 11:30pm, and 3) a final ping from KR's phone at 12:30am at party site?

Am I missing something? My intent is not at all to disparage anyone trying to help KR. I am simply trying to get facts straight in my mind. Aside from SS, IMO, it appears the public (and LE?) has VERY little confirmed data to help find KR.
^^ I think this is an excellent observation! Everything else has come out of one or a few other's mouths, and the case needs to be based on facts that are verifiable. It's also possible the phone calls or texts between her and her friends about needing a ride and such could be verified easily. But we don't know who placed the text to mom, or who used her phone to inquire as to whether the friend still needed a ride.

Most definitely a possibility.

Although what gives me pause is that if she did overdose and they party kids panicked and hid her body and car, then these young people did such a good job, no amount of LE officers, FBI involvement, helicopters, dogs, divers and public searches can find any trace of her or her car anywhere!

Originally, I was leaning towards drunken car accident, down a ravine and covered up with bushes somewhere..... but the phone being shut off is too suspicious (unless being submerged in water.)

So now, I don't know what to think. So many loose ends, uncertainties and no hard facts or concrete evidence or witness to anything really.

MOO.
This sure feels like the scenario that makes the most sense.
No ill will, just scared kids problem-solving on the fly "kid" style...
I'm waiting to hear about anyone else who can verify Kiely was seen after 11:30 pm. That time frame feels touchy to me. Jmho...

If we for a moment, exclude everything we publicly know from SS, what are we left with as LE or MSM verified facts: 1) the 6pm store surveillance image, 2) a text to Mom at 11:30pm, and 3) a final ping from KR's phone at 12:30am at party site?

Am I missing something? My intent is not at all to disparage anyone trying to help KR. I am simply trying to get facts straight in my mind. Aside from SS, IMO, it appears the public (and LE?) has VERY little confirmed data to help find KR.
Right!

And some aspects stated but not confirmed:

Whether KR lived at lodge. It was stated that the family was kept apart from the guests, but no confirmation given as to whether KR lived there.

Mom was out all day Friday and arrived 11 p.m. No confirmation of KR having been in lodge between 6pm sighting and party. Mom might have found change of jeans and shoes, might have noticed if KR had made some food, sándwich, etc.

Someone spotted a change in the shoes she was last seen wearing from the surveillance photo.

Plus, jewellery missing in 6 p.m. shot.

If KR did not come home to change, where did she keep these ítems?

Maybe the above are based on innaccurate reports, but they haven't been discounted or proven as far as I can see.

^^ I think this is an excellent observation! Everything else has come out of one or a few other's mouths, and the case needs to be based on facts that are verifiable. It's also possible the phone calls or texts between her and her friends about needing a ride and such could be verified easily. But we don't know who placed the text to mom, or who used her phone to inquire as to whether the friend still needed a ride.
I so agree!! All we know is what LE has given us, and that's not a lot. The time line is mostly based (except for the 3 anchors - 6 pm; 10 pm Mags Larson; 11:30 pm text - Mom (can't be positive who sent it) received; 12:30-ish phone shuts down) on comments ss has made in her various interviews. God bless KR's mom....what a nightmare.

Right!

And some aspects stated but not confirmed:

Whether KR lived at lodge. It was stated that the family was kept apart from the guests, but no confirmation given as to whether KR lived there.

Mom was out all day Friday and arrived 11 p.m. No confirmation of KR having been in lodge between 6pm sighting and party. Mom might have found change of jeans and shoes, might have noticed if KR had made some food, sándwich, etc.

Someone spotted a change in the shoes she was last seen wearing from the surveillance photo.

Maybe the above are based on innaccurate reports, but they haven't been discounted or proven as far as I can see.
Has LE confirmed any SS statements? I may have missed that, if so, link please.

Well, @MassGuy, I listened to the early SS interview video from Thread 1 (reposted today on T3) and SS clearly states that KR did change her pants. In the 6ish pm store image, KR is wearing blackish pants. And SS told her interviewer, when he asked, that KR changed into green pants for the party. She does not say why, but it doesn't matter I suppose. SS also confirmed that KR's belt and top were the same from earlier to later. Therefore, the one photo released by LE does not show the actual clothing KR was wearing at the party, per SS. Perhaps just a technicality, but all the details matter, right?

I’m confused about the statements from SS and those here regarding KR changing clothes- in the last known image from the local business released by LE and the original description of what she was wearing, it looks the same to me- those definitely don’t look like black pants in the surveillance image- they look like a dark green work-pant type (i.e. Dickies) and the black tank bodysuit black grommet belt are also in place at that time. Does SS mean that KR changed clothes before the party, but after the surveillance image, possibly?

ETA- I also think it’s possible she does have the necklaces on in the surveillance image. Very hard to tell either way, but zooming in I swear I can see some semblance of what could be a necklace or even multiple chains, although it’s definitely grainy.

Attachments

• E4CBD998-B62F-441B-BAF2-8CB0AB730AC1.jpeg
    E4CBD998-B62F-441B-BAF2-8CB0AB730AC1.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 14

Her car....?

<sbm> Also Sacramento is a huge hub for human trafficking. I pray she is still found safe. Fear she was taken and sold or maybe drugged up and being kept somewhere. These older adults had no business going to a young adult/teen party in the woods. It’s weird, I feel like they could’ve gone with the malicious intent sell drugs to the teens and/or look for a teen who was alone to traffic

Respectfully, although there are a myriad of scenarios that may have contributed to or directly caused KR's disappearance, I believe human trafficking is extremely unlikely to be one of them. This seems to eventually find its way into discussion of every missing young woman on this forum, and almost never is. If you make a list of probable candidates for human trafficking, Kiely would probably check zero boxes. A middle-class teen who lives at her middle-class home with parents, and has graduated high school and is college-bound, who has enough community connections that an entire town is going to be looking for her if she disappears, is not going to get snatched out of a crowd, and taken for trafficking, when there are tons of at-risk teens that no one would ever miss. Additionally, typically, victims are groomed over time, and not just snatched off the streets, despite what may be depicted in some Lifetime movie. Does it ever happen? Sure. Is it likely? No. JMO

Although there is no defining characteristic that all human trafficking victims share, traffickers around the world frequently prey on individuals who are poor, vulnerable, living in an unsafe or unstable situation, or are in search of a better life. Trafficking victims are deceived by false promises of love, a good job, or a stable life and are lured or forced into situations where they are made to work under deplorable conditions with little or no pay. In the United States, trafficking victims can be American or foreign citizens. Some of the most vulnerable populations for trafficking in the United States include American Indian/Alaska Native communities, lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-questioning individuals, individuals with disabilities, undocumented migrants, runaway and homeless youth, temporary guest-workers and low-income individuals.

Thank you for the information, Just trying to think outside the box. Hopefully she is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288