Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I'm glad LE is doing their due diligence by investigating all possibilities, however it remains most likely in my opinion that Kiely had an accident and her car is submerged in water. Statistically speaking, car accidents are far more common than abductions. Her phone's last ping was near water. She is a young/inexperienced driver, she was intoxicated, fatigued, driving on remote roads at night, and possibly in a rush to get home as she was late for curfew. This is all a recipe for disaster.

The two oddities of this case for me are:
1. The photo of KR in store doesn’t appear to show her wearing necklaces, yet police are very focused on her necklaces. Why?
2. Either media is reporting inaccurate information (which is totally possible) or the friend heading up the search has some very conflicting statements.

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports
Police tell me they saw little movement over the weekend. They’ve received more than 1,200 tips but still no signs of #KielyRodni. She vanished last weekend from a party with more than 200 teens and young adults present. #FindKiely

Michael Ruiz

@mikerreports

Police have still not received any information from anyone who actually saw #KielyRodni leaving the party. It was nighttime. Attendees had booze and drugs. But did anyone see anything? #FindKiely

Er, before LE talks to this Nate, let's get them to look at that reservoir and check those water-tight phone records. Oh and look at the route she would have taken home because the road looks so scary

Honestly, those are some suggestions from the overnight crew on MT ( I will assume they are from Europe or Oz and are just finding out)

*ducks to avoid flying ojects from the crew here

I wish she was just taking a break and rocking the single life up in Reno… but she would not worry her family this long. Unless..
she has backed herself into a situation and doesn’t know how to back out of it now that it’s a full-blown missing persons investigation with nationwide media coverage.

I think (sadly) that she and her car went into water or a ravine in the Tahoe area.

jmo
It’s still at least a possibility that she backed herself into a situation and doesn’t know how to extricate herself. Not likely, but not impossible, either.

I agree with you. I'm glad LE is doing their due diligence by investigating all possibilities, however it remains most likely in my opinion that Kiely had an accident and her car is submerged in water. Statistically speaking, car accidents are far more common than abductions. Her phone's last ping was near water. She is a young/inexperienced driver, she was intoxicated, fatigued, driving on remote roads at night, and possibly in a rush to get home as she was late for curfew. This is all a recipe for disaster.
I'm with you. So far, all evidence presented points to this.

So, if this was a valid observation, it seems to coincide with what we know so far.
The cars all arriving around 9:30 pm would indicate that KR and ML, who rode to the party with her, knew what time it was going to get going. It has been stated, not confirmed, that she arrived around 9:45 pm. So that’s not unusual.
If everyone started leaving around 12:30 am, that is unusual. There is no last call at a party in the woods. It could mean a couple of things. One, it was getting cold and the kids decided to go party at a house somewhere. Two, the kids were, in fact, uncomfortable about the group of older guys who crashed the party and were allegedly pushing drugs. The younger crowd decided to take the party elsewhere. Three, something did happen to KR that the kids wanted no part of and they just beat feet. (I think if something major like this had happened, LE would know by now.)
The timing of KR’s last ping, 12:33 am, seems to coincide with this mass exodus. Why?
Does LE know yet where the kids went when they left the campground area? If so, they would probably know whether KR arrived at a second location with them.
Did KR stay behind when the high school kids left? Was it intentional or involuntary? If the high school kids left more or less all together and KR stayed behind, this may be why no one can give LE specifics on KR’s departure.
Has LE identified any of the “older” guys?
If KR left the area when the hs kids left around 12:30, she was either heading home as she told her mom she would or she tried to follow the other kids elsewhere. This would point to a scenario of some kind of MV accident, which would follow the theory of Occam’s razor.
MOO

MOO there is another possibility to an accident location.

If intoxicated, may have taking any number of back roads home in order to avoid Truckee traffic, I80 and any LE. It can be hard to spot a silver vehicle the type of forest around the area.

My opinion, KR is in close proximity to where her phone last pinged.
I think this is still a very strong possibility. After years of diving I can tell you that you often have to be right on top of a submerged object to find it underwater. Even an object like a car can be invisible only a foot or two away. Now consider that it may be upside-down and partially silted-over.

Of course all the other possibilities people have mentioned are valid as well, since we have no evidence what happened to her after 12:33am.

She was at-risk on a number of fronts: risk from driving herself, risk from drug/alcohol overdose, risk from exploitation of her condition by creeps, risk of any number of poor decisions.

Yes. And they continue to search But I understand it's pretty deep in certain areas and the water is merky.. Even a Silver SUV would be difficult to locate in the lake.
Would there be a oil or gas slick by now in the general area the car went in the water ? I was leaning toward accident but now I don’t know foul play is starting to seem more likely . I don’t put much into the different sweaters/hoodies teen girls switch clothes a lot . To be honest in the beginning I thought girl gone to after party that lasted into the next day and then fell asleep but she’s seems to responsible for that to last this long . Just dang hope they find her

MOO there is another possibility to an accident location.

If intoxicated, may have taking any number of back roads home in order to avoid Truckee traffic, I80 and any LE. It can be hard to spot a silver vehicle the type of forest around the area.
Entirely possible, since at her age, it was illegal for her to be driving at that time of night

No cell signal could be in the water, out of battery, or out of range. If she decided to take off highway routes home, a typical route would appear to be around Prosser hill (Klondike fit road?). This may be out of cell phone range with any the hill between. This may have been searched, however, it looks very wooded without much cleared right of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.