Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is still a very strong possibility. After years of diving I can tell you that you often have to be right on top of a submerged object to find it underwater. Even an object like a car can be invisible only a foot or two away. Now consider that it may be upside-down and partially silted-over.

Of course all the other possibilities people have mentioned are valid as well, since we have no evidence what happened to her after 12:33am.

She was at-risk on a number of fronts: risk from driving herself, risk from drug/alcohol overdose, risk from exploitation of her condition by creeps, risk of any number of poor decisions.

Do you know how effective SONAR searches are when searching for vehicles underwater?

MOO there is another possibility to an accident location.

If intoxicated, may have taking any number of back roads home in order to avoid Truckee traffic, I80 and any LE. It can be hard to spot a silver vehicle the type of forest around the area.
I was trying to find some back roads yesterday and found this site which archives prior publications. This site may be interesting for locals.
eta: lost trail lodge:
8600 Cold Stream Rd · 8600 Cold Stream Rd, Truckee, CA 96161

Last edited:
A few other random thoughts:
It seems, from what I can gather so far that KR’s last phone call was to SS. Seems ill advised to have the last known contact be heading up the search, and being the filter of tips in my mind.
Police state they are only interested in finding KR but also state they want the fight video. Unless KR was involved in that fight, they are sending a mixed message in my opinion. Someone with information may hesitate to step forward based on that mixed message.

Unless the sweatshirt was borrowed from a party-goer who hasn’t yet come forward. Someone who was in close contact with Kiely at the party.

Also an item to simply BOLO for along roadsides, in the woods, or being currently worn by someone else.

It looks like she’s wearing the sweatshirt in 12th picture in the Google drive photo collection from the Find Kiely website so I think it’s probably hers. BOLO etc definitely makes sense.

Last edited:
It seems, from what I can gather so far that KR’s last phone call was to SS. Seems ill advised to have the last known contact be heading up the search, and being the filter of tips in my mind.
Police state they are only interested in finding KR but also state they want the fight video. Unless KR was involved in that fight, they are sending a mixed message in my opinion. Someone with information may hesitate to step forward based on that mixed message.
WE WOULD GO BACK TO HER CAR TO GET SOME ALCOHOL SOMETIMES & THEN WE WENT TO HER CAR TO CHARGE HER PHONE.

AND WE WERE TALKING ABOUT JUST RANDOM STUFF. IT’S KIND OF HARD TO REMEMBER.

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HER TEXTING HER MOM AND HER CHARGING HER PHONE AND JUST ABOUT THE PARTY IN GENERAL AND THEN WE HAD A FEW OTHER FRIENDS IN THE CAR AND THEN WE ALL DECIDED TO GO BACK TO THE PARTY.

AND THEN WE WERE AROUND THERE FOR A BIT. I HAD ASKED HER FOR A RIDE HOME WHEN WE WERE IN THE CAR BECAUSE MY RIDE WAS LEAVING. AND I WANTED TO STAY AT THE PARTY LONGER.

AND SO THEN WE ENDED UP SPLITTING UP IN THE PARTY BECAUSE I WANTED TO GO FIND ANOTHER RIDE WHEN WE GOT BACK INTO THE PARTY AFTER LEAVING THE CAR.

SO THAT WE COULD, UM — SORRY MY MIND IS…

YEAH THERE WERE FRIENDLY FIGHTS GOING ON, LIKE WE HAD BOXING GLOVES, IT WASN’T ANYBODY THAT HAD ANY DRAMA

THEY WEREN’T ENEMIES OR ANYTHING

JUST FRIENDLY FIGHTS TO KEEP ENTERTAINMENT GOING

THIS HAPPENS AT A LOT OF OUR PARTIES
WE JUST DO IT TO HAVE FUN
IF ANYBODY GETS HURT, WE HAVE PEOPLE ON THEM

AADC: FUN…FRIENDLY COMPETITION?

YEAH, TO SEE WHO GOES HOME WITH THE TITLE

I WILL ADMIT PEOPLE END UP GETTING IN FIGHTS OVER WHO WON, NOT THIS TIME

No curfew laws for minors. California law doesn’t allow drivers to drive between 11:00 pm and 5:00 a.m. until they are 17 years old
AH, it's a provisional license. Gotcha.

From the California DMV website:
During the first 12 months after you are licensed, you cannot drive between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. and cannot transport passengers under 20 years old, unless accompanied by a California-licensed parent or guardian, a California-licensed driver 25 years old or older, or a licensed or certified driving instructor.

When you become 18 years old, the “provisional” part of your DL ends. You may keep your provisional photo DL or pay a fee for a duplicate DL without the word “provisional.”

Seems like, from what we've heard, a lot of the people leaving the party at or around 12:30 AM would be in violation of this rule. MOO.

SS is not “heading up the search”.
Additionally, both SS and JW told people to call them with tips. LE specifically said that these people are protected under the 1st Amendment to say what they want, but strongly urged people to call the LE tip line, submit photos or videos, or submit online anything that may help them figure out what has happened to Kiely.

Last edited:
I was trying to find some back roads yesterday and found this site which archives prior publications. This site may be interesting for locals.
There is also a possibility that she did try and drive home and made it pretty far. I am not local but just a quick Google Map search shows a number of places where you could make a simple error (if you were drunk). If she missed her exit and didn't realize it she may have ended up pretty far from where people are expecting her to be. She may have tried to turn around in an unfamiliar area. She could just as easily be in Donner Lake for example as in Prosser Reservoir.

She may also have had intentions that don't make sense to us or her friends because she was impaired at the time (like driving to Reno).

Source? I'm not finding any California state curfew laws for minors.
During the first 12 months after you are licensed, you cannot drive between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. and cannot transport passengers under 20 years old, unless accompanied by a California-licensed parent or guardian, a California-licensed driver 25 years old or older, or a licensed or certified driving instructor.

Seems like, from what we've heard, a lot of the people leaving the party at or around 12:30 AM would be in violation of this rule. MOO.

We have similar rules in NV, in addition to curfew (regardless of license) and I know many of my teens' friends violated the rules. Their parents either didn't know or didn't care. It was a constant source of argument in my house because we followed the rules.

SS is not “heading up the search”.
Poor choice of words on my part. I believe she was the one speaking to the press and telling parents not to drop their kids off unattended to search and that lots of people were calling her with information that she was passing on to LE, FBI etc

MOO there is another possibility to an accident location.

If intoxicated, may have taking any number of back roads home in order to avoid Truckee traffic, I80 and any LE. It can be hard to spot a silver vehicle the type of forest around the area.

I agree, but this and other suggestions of what she may have chosen to do to avoid getting in trouble would require clear thinking and problem solving ability. If she were highly intoxicated or wasted on drugs, I wouldn't expect her to be able to use higher order critical thinking skills.

Particularly as she was only 16 and couldn't have been very experienced driving, even if she had driven when she was younger than 16. She just doesn't have the years.

Look at someone like Anne Heche, 53 years old, a mother, well-known, and how she drove 100 mph into a house and died, all because she was drugged up on cocaine. Reasoning ability and maybe coordination is malfunctioning.

I'm still thinking Kiely had a tragic accident which is yet to be discovered, but I vacillate between different theories. I'm not particularly interested in what she wore as far as that her clothing suggested anything; I think it's just typical teenager stuff. But since LE has issued statements about her clothing and jewelry, there must be some significance, maybe in identifying something that will be found in a pawn shop, etc. as others have said. Although at this point there is too much publicity about those items for anyone to try to sell it, IMO.

So if Kiely got her permit at age 15 and a half, and she will turn 17 on September 1, she could have already been driving 12 months, right? I find provisionals confusing.

If there wasn’t an accident that happened shortly after midnight, could Kiely have gone on to a second party location with her phone turned off, even on purpose?

Provisional license only occurs after they pass the test and are actually issued a license. Before 16, they have driver's or learner's permit. So in this case, the 12 months occurs after licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288