Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting wikipedia has the group declining and disappearing in 2015. She would have been 9-10 at that time. Definitely not her hoodie (wouldn't still fit), appears like all the merch is out of production by Sony. Also, the other hoodie was Lana Del Rey, typically not as popular with her age and didn't see any on the Spotify account posted earlier.

Only thing I see important is they were probably someones else's.
The Spotify account posted earlier has a playlist called Mom with 1 person following. Lana Del Rey is there.

AWP says they cannot disclose information surrounding the agencies they are assisting, but anyone can contact Placer County Sheriff’s office or FBI if they have credible information. Or Doug at AWP.

Sounds like they are working with full cooperation of LE.

I have kids at home about her age. They NEVER let their phone battery run dead. They live on their phones and manage to charge them accordingly, or cut back on their usage to prevent total drain.
If her phone fell out, it would have continued to ping the tower even with a 1% charge.
I suspect the phone was turned off, or it went into the water. By herself?

That's why I am curious about how familiar she was with her surroundings. She seems a bit young to me at 16 to be hanging out in a campground at midnight with 200-300 other people.
How good of a driver was she, didn't she just get her license at 16? She could have just driven into the lake by accident. Especially if she was drinking.
Do we know if she was drinking or high?
And my 17 year’s phone is always either dead, or on a super low battery. She already needed to charge it once, and probably didn’t get it to a full charge in the car.

Adventures With Purpose going live at 7:35 PM with Searching for Kiely Rodni

As a Truckee local, this is welcome news. We all hope she and her vehicle in the water. My understanding is AWP has sonar that on-site search teams do not have. Whatever they find, greater certainty about whether or not Kiely is in the reservoir is needed.

Last edited:
SBM. Only speculating here. IF she made it out of the camping area on her own, why did her phone go dark at the party location? What are the chances that the battery died when she decided to leave? What are the chances that she turned the phone off? To me it seems the most likely that she had an accident in the general area OR something nefarious happened.
I'm only guessing here. But...there is the chance that the "charging in the car" wasn't sufficient.

I'm guessing at the party is where the "cell went dead." Or in other words the battery died. If there was a slight chance the port wasn't working properly the phone just doesn't get charged period. I have that situation in my car.

As the phone made its way to the area near "land and water" the phone pinged.

I'm guessing on knowledge I learned right here on WS over the years. Today's off is different than a real off. The only real off is when the battery is removed.

I've heard (even then many phones today have built in emergency battery life.) Hmmm...

Any way if that is the case, the phone could have pinged when it picked up a tower. From there the phone either went into the water (meaning she) or the battery was removed.

My guess is, if it the battery did die, which I think it did, then once the battery was removed (as in the case of Morgan Harrington) or it went under water in an accidental car drowning, the cell is a gonner.

OK, so she txted mom at 11:30 pm to say she would be late. Sounds OK.
Said she would leave at 12:15am. OK
Last ping picked up at 12:30am...

How long would it take her to get home?
How far away was she from home?
Did she ever hang out at this park before?
How many of the 200-300 people at this party did she know? - big red flag to me

If her last ping was 12:30am, it is unlikely she was on her way home, as she should have left already. I think someone at that party knows something.

I believe it was a 30-40 min drive to her home. SS stated she heard the party going on in the background when KR called her at 1235. LE also stated the party area was the last known location and that's why their search is around that area

I'm glad AWP is assisting on this case, they are amazing.
I do think there is a strong possibility that she has gone in to the water with her vehicle.
Her family and loved ones sure do need our prayers now more than ever. : (

Amateur opinion and speculation

With all the cell phones and surveillance cams and potential witnesses involved this is baffling. My kids luckily made it safely to adulthood (as most do) but it must be agonizing for the parents.
Maybe it only seems baffling?

I have watched the interviews with other young people, and the press conferences a couple of times. My opinion only, but I think this may turn out to be really simple.

Yup, but that doesn't move the needle for me at all. I've seen extensive water searches using the same technology initially turn up nothing, only for a vehicle to be found quite a while later.

There was an article yesterday that described divers having practically zero visibility, and having to feel around with their hands.

There's a lot of waterline, and cars can initially drift before they sink.
Agreed. Here’s a video showing how quickly a pickup truck can sink in shallow water. No one was inside - it slipped down an algae-coated boat launch. But it shows if there’s any momentum, the vehicle will float like a boat and drift in the direction of momentum before sinking. Truck sinks in lake

Agreed. Here’s a video showing how quickly a pickup truck can sink in shallow water. No one was inside - it slipped down an algae-coated boat launch. But it shows if there’s any momentum, the vehicle will float like a boat and drift in the direction of momentum before sinking. Truck sinks in lake
I had a college classmate who went off a causeway into a large bayou when I was in college. Thankfully, he was driving a VERY old pickup with manual roll down windows and was able to get both himself and date out of the truck. But it was completely submerged by the time he did so. Now with electric windows...forget it. He said once they hit deep water it was seconds and they were under water.

Sometimes great tragedies are borne of a series of unfortunate accidents.

If Kiely's battery was dying and there were actual batteries being charged in her car while she was parked, perhaps she let the others charge their phones and one of them took the cable. Leaving her with a dead phone and no ability to charge it.

That being the case, she could've gotten a lot closer to home or a lot more lost.

But I think it's most likely she did intend to drive straight home, but didn't het far. Maybe tried to wake herself up some. Windows open. Moonroof open. One wrong turn, dark of night, a reservior would've swallowed her, the car and her phone in a fast, unfair minute.

JMO

n

That was Kate, who was interviewed with Jagger. But creme brulee is like a custard, not jello. Do people use it in the same manner these days as jello shots? Hmm.
Often the Jell-O shot is named for a flavor that it resembles and not necessarily the molecular integrity…they’re all going to be jello jigglers. I had a friend that was very good at making them, they aren’t as easy as you’d think…I’ve always struggled with making jello for some reason though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken