Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theory: KR participated in what SS describes as a “friendly bout with boxing gloves”. But maybe, just maybe it wasn’t. Maybe she was attacked and a fight happened and she was injured badly and passed away. Panic ensues and a mass exodus from the party along with a cover up. Just an idea but it might explain a few things.
anything is possible but there is a certain code of ethics...most girls aren't typically into fighting...not to be stereotypical . I can see guys potentially wanting to "rumble" but not hit a girl. I remember many moons ago as a teen... some guys like to fight.

I believe it was a 30-40 min drive to her home. SS stated she heard the party going on in the background when KR called her at 1235. LE also stated the party area was the last known location and that's why their search is around that area
So if she texted her mom at 11:30 to say she would leave at 12:15, which means she wouldn’t get home until 12:45-1:00am.
Which is past her usual extended curfew time of 12:30. Was she hoping her mom would be asleep and not notice the later time and her intoxication?
I’d be worried to death about an impaired adult driving those roads home much less a young driver with only a few months of experience. No matter how mature.
JMO

SBM. Only speculating here. IF she made it out of the camping area on her own, why did her phone go dark at the party location? What are the chances that the battery died when she decided to leave? What are the chances that she turned the phone off? To me it seems the most likely that she had an accident in the general area OR something nefarious happened.
In the interview with SS linked a few posts above, SS mentions Kiely had an iPhone. I currently use a different type of phone, but other family members use iPhones and have the "Find" features enabled, as well as the ability to track one another. (One of my sisters and her adult daughter keep track of one another as both are single and dating, for example.)

Seems like something that would be useful for a teenager? I wonder if this was in use? Maybe it is what is meant by the last "ping"?

In the interview with SS linked a few posts above, SS mentions Kiely had an iPhone. I currently use a different type of phone, but other family members use iPhones and have the "Find" features enabled, as well as the ability to track one another. (One of my sisters and her adult daughter keep track of one another as both are single and dating, for example.)

Seems like something that would be useful for a teenager? I wonder if this was in use? Maybe it is what is meant by the last "ping"?
I consider “pings” to be a signal consistency function. A device with data is going to send out packets that update location that indicates the data is in use and a signal is available. You can manually change the frequency that your device does this or change privacy settings on individual processes. By allowing apps to track you, your giving permission to ping. Adjusting these settings can help save a phone that seems to have extreme battery drain.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat:

Where Is Kiely Rodni? A Timeline of the California 16-Year-Old's Disappearance from Campground Party​

California officials are searching for Kiely Rodni, who vanished after a party at Tahoe National Park on the morning of Aug. 6

By Steve Helling
Published on August 15, 2022 03:26 PM
It has been more than a week since Kiely Rodni vanished after a party at Tahoe National Park on Aug. 6, and authorities are still searching for the 16-year-old — and are asking the public for help.

Kiely is 5 feet 7 inches and about 118 lbs. She has blond hair and hazel eyes. She has a nose ring and several other piercings, as well as a tattoo of the number "17" on her ribs. She was last seen driving a silver 2013 Honda CRV with California license plate 8YUR127. It has a small ram's head sticker on the back window.

Here is a timeline of events surrounding her disappearance:
August 5, 2022
6:08 p.m.

About six hours before she disappeared, Kiely visited a business in Truckee, Calif. She was wearing green Dickies pants and a black spaghetti strap bodysuit. She was wearing a black grommet belt and black Vans shoes. Authorities released a surveillance image of her from the day she vanished.
'
[timeline info follows in the article]
August 14, 2022
Authorities uncover a video that shows Rodni wearing a white sweatshirt with pink lettering reading "ODD FUTURE." They release a photo of a similar sweatshirt.
The search is ongoing.

A specialized tip line has been established for information about Kiely's disappearance and whereabouts: (530) 581-6320. Press option 7 to leave information, either anonymously or otherwise.
--------------------------
Source:

And my 17 year’s phone is always either dead, or on a super low battery. She already needed to charge it once, and probably didn’t get it to a full charge in the car.
I find it hard to believe three or four friends piled into one car multiple times to "charge phones". Kiely supposedly had alcohol in her car, and I think the kids were going to the car to get the alcohol, probably doing creme brulee shots, and perhaps smoking weed or doing other drugs, and any phone charging done while they were there was minimal, especially if they happened to be charging more than one phone. JMO

You may be correct. So then why does LE have interest in the fight video?

The fights may offer a more accurate timeline for when certain patrons were there.

LE did not say they were specifically interested in the fight videos. This was a misunderstanding by a reporter.
They said they've received a lot of video of the fight but they want other videos

I'll note that my 2020 car barely charges my phone, so it's likely if Kiely plugged her phone in a few times when hanging with her friends when they went back to the car, she may have only gotten a 5% boost or so. Especially if everyone was taking turns plugging their phone in.

Maybe someone else supplied the USB cable, or accidentally took hers with them? And when she returned to her car she might have drained the battery down again, but expected to be able to charge it when she was driving home, but couldn't because she didn't have the cable?

I'll note that my 2020 car barely charges my phone, so it's likely if Kiely plugged her phone in a few times when hanging with her friends when they went back to the car, she may have only gotten a 5% boost or so. Especially if everyone was taking turns plugging their phone in.

Maybe someone else supplied the USB cable, or accidentally took hers with them? And when she returned to her car she might have drained the battery down again, but expected to be able to charge it when she was driving home, but couldn't because she didn't have the cable?
Several of our vehicles (newer) won’t charge a phone unless it’s running.

In a general sense...about phones and charging...here is my experience (IMO). If her phone was more than a year old, most likely the battery has degraded a lot and will require frequent charging. However, if the battery was very degraded, it would also mean Kiely would be more alert to and less likely to let her phone run down that low.

Since the iPhone 8, all iPhone models are capable of Power Delivery (PD) charging, using a specific car charger and cable (USB-C to Lighting cable). With PD, I can easily charge up my phone at least 30-40% in 10-20 minutes. It really makes a big difference. I've never had to use a battery pack since getting an iPhone SE (2nd gen) because I can always charge it quickly enough with PD.

Has it been stated specifically (in a reliable source) what iPhone Kiely was using?

I will chime in to say that my daughter is Kielys age. And when she is “charging” her phone she never actually puts it down and lets it charge. She is just using it while it’s plugged in. So *if* they did indeed charge their phones it probably was not enough to keep it alive long. Hoping she is found soon!

So if she texted her mom at 11:30 to say she would leave at 12:15, which means she wouldn’t get home until 12:45-1:00am.
Which is past her usual extended curfew time of 12:30. Was she hoping her mom would be asleep and not notice the later time and her intoxication?
I’d be worried to death about an impaired adult driving those roads home much less a young driver with only a few months of experience. No matter how mature.
JMO
"SS, 18, told The Sun that Kiely "was telling her mom she was going to be the designated driver because that's how she was going out to the party, giving an alibi so that her mom didn't freak out and say, 'I want you home earlier.'"

Smith previously explained to The U.S. Sun that Kiely "planned on getting drunk and getting *advertiser censored**ed up. I asked her earlier on in the night if she could take me home, but she was in no fit state to drive.

"She had asked her mom for a later curfew, she was going to text her mom saying she couldn't find her friend which is why she'd be home late. I don't think she ever sent that text," Smith said. "

IMO if she decided to stay even later or go somewhere else, she would have used this excuse for why she was past her extended curfew time.

JMO
Her mom said in an interview that she told Kiely to wake her up when she got home, so she may have thought she could slip in undetected. It's crossed my mind that maybe Kiely didn't feel that drunk when she asked to extend curfew and instead someone slipped something in her drink that was fast acting like a date rape drug; either to take advantage of her, or being malicious out of jealousy, rejection, etc. MOO

I can't say I'm impressed outside of the fact it keeps the case in front of the public. But her friend, SS, has done that and she is not LE. I guess I got spoiled after watching Charlottesville PD Chief Timothy Longo during the Hannah Graham case.
I hung on Longo’s every word.

If LE saw anything in the water, I don’t imagine that they would wait for AWP to make the ultimate discovery.

anything is possible but there is a certain code of ethics...most girls aren't typically into fighting...not to be stereotypical . I can see guys potentially wanting to "rumble" but not hit a girl. I remember many moons ago as a teen... some guys like to fight.
Exactly! Guys have testosterone to burn at 17-19! It wasn't a big deal among their circle of friends.

I'm totally picking up what you're throwing down.
@Yuletide
I couldn't disagree more...particularly when drinking yourself and in the middle of multiple interviews and questions being worded by reporters in several different ways and then having your words actually written down and processed by someone meeting a deadline and pressure to "up the ante" and sensationalize for internet clicks. (sorry about the run-on) I personally don't think any "witness" so far identified in MSM actually saw anything relevant to the direct circumstances.

"SS, 18, told The Sun that Kiely "was telling her mom she was going to be the designated driver because that's how she was going out to the party, giving an alibi so that her mom didn't freak out and say, 'I want you home earlier.'"

Smith previously explained to The U.S. Sun that Kiely "planned on getting drunk and getting *advertiser censored**ed up. I asked her earlier on in the night if she could take me home, but she was in no fit state to drive.

"She had asked her mom for a later curfew, she was going to text her mom saying she couldn't find her friend which is why she'd be home late. I don't think she ever sent that text," Smith said. "

IMO if she decided to stay even later or go somewhere else, she would have used this excuse for why she was past her extended curfew time.

Not sure. Her Mom states she sent a text ( I assume verified ) that she would leave at 12:15 and come directly home. No mention of delivering other party goers. Although I don’t agree with KR’s Mothers choices and permissions, her story seems consistent, unlike other vocal players

Her mom said in an interview that she told Kiely to wake her up when she got home, so she may have thought she could slip in undetected. It's crossed my mind that maybe Kiely didn't feel that drunk when she asked to extend curfew and instead someone slipped something in her drink that was fast acting like a date rape drug; either to take advantage of her, or being malicious out of jealousy, rejection, etc. MOO
I noticed SS mentions they drank out of the same containers. I found that very specific. Not sure what it means, if anything, but I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23