Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teenagers are not very good at keeping secrets usually. Especially when pressure is applied unless they have experience with that, like growing up in rougher neighborhoods or constant run ins with LEO. BUT, they might have more confidence in their decision to stay quiet if they have adults coaching them. An adult could be worried about their child's future, or their own future. Like the Jello shot thing, if my kids are cooking something in my kitchen I am pretty sure I would notice them adding extra ingredients. So was that provided by the owner of the house? An older sibling? Other relative? Could one of the attendees, have a parent that had unprescribed pills and they stole them bringing them to the party? Just my wild ways of thinking I guess.

I also thought it was weird that SS did not remember the white hoodie though... Unless KR put it on after she left or before they met.
If she put the jumper on after SS left then the footage LE has with her wearing it would make the last confirmed sighting later than what they are saying?

I agree. It’s as if the legal drinking age of 21 means nothing.
Many laws mean nothing, apparently. A 12:30 am curfew when 16 y/olds can't drive after 11 pm. Driving friends around when a 16 y/o cannot drive anyone under 20. An 18 y/o legal adult doing shots with a 16 y/o. Etc.

Maybe laws are more of a suggestion in those parts. jmo

I can't help but wonder if Kiely drove into water, although inebriated one sobers up pretty quickly sometimes when one has to. If she realized she was in jeopardy, she may have been able to call 911 from her car. Just a theory of mine. Doubtful she would have turned it off. Another theory, although horrid and morbid....if Kiely is deceased and her body was left somewhere around the area, wouldn't circling birds be an indicator? Horrible thought but possible. :( doesn't account for her missing vehicle, but someone could have driven that off.....
if she's deceased then most likely it's in any of the water bodies itself and birds usually circle around something that's on land. In Kiely's case, it is not possible that she passed out and eventually deceased near the campground area because I'm sure the LE has checked everything in and around the prosser's land. So if the theory of her driving into the lake or reservoirs due to OD then maybe fishes or something else may have been around it.
JMHO

Not sure if this question is allowed, so please delete if needed. One of the articles listed about the Lodge said it was built by Kiely’s mom's parents. Does anyone know if they still own the property?

Hi Folks,
The mods have approved this HLN video about Kiely’s disappearance. There has been a lot of discussion about the extended curfew. In this video, her mother and stepfather are interviewed. Mom gives specific times regarding KR’s text about staying out late, (11:30pm), what time she was planning on leaving the party, (12:15 am), what time her curfew was, (12:30 am), and what time she was expected home, (12:45 am, or 15 minutes late).
This question has been asked before, but why did KR have in mind that she wanted to leave the party specifically at 12:15?

So Kiely would not ride a friend home last year as she (Kiely) had been drinking? Am I reading this correctly? Interesting that another parent finds this an example of maturity. Last year was 8 months ago, so at best, Kiely would then have had her license only 3-4 months, and already out drinking and driving.

What could go wrong?

jmo
When I was a teen right about Kiely's age I had a good friend who's mom would let us drink and smoke pot as long as we did it at her house and did not leave. I guess she thought she was keeping us safe. She never joined in, she was always sober and incredibly laid back. We just thought she was a cool mom. I look back now and cringe at the thought as I could never be that type of mom. Just goes to show you there are all types of parenting out there. What we may cringe at, other parents think " Oh well their just teens figuring it out". Not how I feel about it at all, but I think there are a lot more laid back parents like this then we are aware of.

Last edited:
This is my theory also, and I am basing it on my own personal experience. I once got pulled over late at night by police who were searching for DUIs while headed home from my ex-gf's parents house (I was sober but they made me do tests for half an hour), and then about a week later I fell asleep at my ex-gf's and her parents kicked me out at 2am. That 2nd time I remembered having been pulled over the previous occasion so I took some really dark winding side roads home to avoid the police. As I made it down some of these darker roads in the forest I dozed off and didn't wake up until my car was fully off the road and bouncing up and down on the small pebbles of the shoreline in front of a huge lagoon within the forest. It completely shocked me how fast it all happened, from the time I remember being on the road to nearly driving into the water seemed like a split second due to the fact I was just flat out tired and dozed off for a few seconds despite the fact I was sober.

It makes me think of if I was 16 and had been drinking or using drugs and then went for a drive home after midnight there might have been a chance of not waking up in time to slam my brakes before hitting the water like I was able to. In my case I did a little u-turn on the shore and drove a bit until I was able to get back on the road itself, but if this happened to Kiely and she wasn't sober she could have accidentally driven into water while looking for the road if it was dark enough, or if she had nodded off too she might have had her foot on the accelerator and simply began to sink before realizing what was happening and it could have been too late for her to get out.
Bet that woke you up! Lucky you!

Sadly, many kids are doing drugs and drinking even before high school. I was shocked at the stories my kids were telling me in middle school. Vodka in water bottles, drugs IN the classroom, etc. It's much more rampant than I ever thought, and at shockingly earlier ages.
I was no saint as a teen, and that is putting it mildly - to say the very least. But my parents had no real idea what I was doing, and it wasn’t in their car. I think that’s what is getting me a bit. There feels such a lax attitude about these reservoir parties from some folks we have heard from in this case. I have yet to hear a parent or LE say, ‘this is why we don’t condone these parties.‘ I guess some would say that now is not the time - but to me, it seems the perfect time to maybe scare the kids a little straight.

And apparently it’s been going on for decades in the area, and not the first time there has been an injury, per the article below when a teen was burned. I hope this won’t turn out to be the first fatality, but it’s not looking good.

“Berry said that one of the biggest obstacles they face is overcoming the idea that partying in the woods is something that all kids do.”

“It’s not a right of passage just because you’re a senior in high school to be able to go out and drink in the woods. That right of passage is when you’re 21,” Berry said.

Underage drinking spills out into town

Hi Folks,
The mods have approved this HLN video about Kiely’s disappearance. There has been a lot of discussion about the extended curfew. In this video, her mother and stepfather are interviewed. Mom gives specific times regarding KR’s text about staying out late, (11:30pm), what time she was planning on leaving the party, (12:15 am), what time her curfew was, (12:30 am), and what time she was expected home, (12:45 am, or 15 minutes late).
This question has been asked before, but why did KR have in mind that she wanted to leave the party specifically at 12:15?
Another thing to consider is that she was partially expecting to be dropping SS off home, I don't know how much extra time that would of taken but for sure would of made her even later home

If she put the jumper on after SS left then the footage LE has with her wearing it would make the last confirmed sighting later than what they are saying?
You would think. But Placer's tweet said "earlier in the evening". So either SS does not remember, or KR took it off. I know when I drink, sometimes I run hot. So maybe she took it off. The Timeline was SS arrived at 9, KR arrived at 10. They went to the car at 11. But I don't remember them saying if they met up right away? Maybe she was wearing it before she met up with SS if they did not meet up until closer to 11. However, her friend she road with, would have known she was wearing it, and she has been kind of in the front of everything too.

Many laws mean nothing, apparently. A 12:30 am curfew when 16 y/olds can't drive after 11 pm. Driving friends around when a 16 y/o cannot drive anyone under 20. An 18 y/o legal adult doing shots with a 16 y/o. Etc.

Maybe laws are more of a suggestion in those parts. jmo
Not "in those parts"... most teens have drank/smoked. It doesn't mean they're addicted or that foul play is involved. It's like.. quite normal actually?
I don't know, I don't think it's that weird that she was experimenting with alcohol. Can things go wrong when high schoolers experiment with substances? Sure, but y'all act like it's the most outlandish thing you've ever heard of. It has been going on since the dawn of time and will continue to.

Hi Folks,

Maybe the person she drove there (who left with her boyfriend 10 minutes later) was supposed to come back to the party by midnight to ride home with Kiely and was running late getting back to the party?

That person's parents may have expected her to arrive home with the same person she left with instead of some boy. jmo

ETA: Kiely already knew at 11:30 pm that she was not going to be able to leave the party at midnight in order to meet curfew. She must have been waiting for something or someone that was not going to happen until 12:15 am. Her mother never explains the reason for the delay. Not to us anyway.

Last edited:
I'm an old grandma now but as a kid and later as an adult I never did drugs or drank, and yet the agony of my life is that my own daughter became a drug addict. I never even realized it until she stole my jewelry, including my engagement ring, and several thousand dollars.

So, I am one who is oblivious to the signs. She did well in school and was always home by curfew, was not stumbling around, and I truly didn't know.

Therefore my question is to the many of you who've described your youthful experiences with drugs and alcohol... Is it possible that Sami or any of the kids there are giving inconsistent stories, or not giving any info at all, because they have some blackouts in their memories?

I was also a kid who graduated at 16. All my friends were high-performing, none did drugs, our lives were focused on college, and our parties were sedate little affairs. Except for my own daughter, I've never been around drugged or drunk people. Not judging anyone here, it is just something that held no appeal for me.

But there's a lot that I'm ignorant about when it comes to signs unless it's extremely overt. Her mom knew Kiely had already gotten drunk at 15, because she couldn't drive her friend. I guess it's different in a rural area where kids do drive early. Here in NYC there are subways and buses and a plethora of things to do if you're not into substance abuse. It's a choice that some like my daughter chose to make.

I do think Kiely's in the water. It would be a Herculean task for stoned teenagers to bury a body and then dispose of a car. The treacherous roads we are talking about would have been just as treacherous for the other kids to drive while high, unless maybe some of the older kids had many years of driving experience there.

But every day my mind changes. I know they could've parked the car in some huge parking lot where it wouldn't be noticed. Look what happened just recently to Chrissy.

Hoping for Kiely's safe return, but the more time that goes by, the less likely that seems.

All jmo and (tragic) experience.

ETA: my daughter was a teen before cell phones were invented. If they'd been available, I would have 100% had her on location, and then maybe I would've figured it out. I'm a little taken aback by what is IMO a very laissez-faire attitude among all the parents. I was berserk when I found out about my daughter, and so was my ex-husband. I guess it's a different cultural mindset???????

Last edited:
Not "in those parts"... most teens have drank/smoked. It doesn't mean they're addicted or that foul play is involved. It's like.. quite normal actually?
I don't know, I don't think it's that weird that she was experimenting with alcohol. Can things go wrong when high schoolers experiment with substances? Sure, but y'all act like it's the most outlandish thing you've ever heard of. It has been going on since the dawn of time and will continue to.
Yes it has. Probably even before then!

I'm not talking about the kids. Kids will do what they want if you let them. I'm talking about the legal adults that give permission for these kids to break the law.

All teenagers do things like this behind their parents' backs. We all snuck around and did something we weren't supposed to at that age. These kids are doing all this with their parents' permission. jmo

You would think. But Placer's tweet said "earlier in the evening". So either SS does not remember, or KR took it off. I know when I drink, sometimes I run hot. So maybe she took it off. The Timeline was SS arrived at 9, KR arrived at 10. They went to the car at 11. But I don't remember them saying if they met up right away? Maybe she was wearing it before she met up with SS if they did not meet up until closer to 11. However, her friend she road with, would have known she was wearing it, and she has been kind of in the front of everything too.
I’m wondering if any portable blacklights were used at the party. That white sweatshirt with pink lettering would have certainly showed up. They wouldn’t have wanted bright lights and were restricted from building a fire for light. My granddaughter has a blacklight flashlight but they come in all sorts of power amps.
*btw: I sure am curious who took that photo.

I'm an old grandma now but as a kid and later as an adult I never did drugs or drank, and yet the agony of my life is that my own daughter became a drug addict. I never even realized it until she stole my jewelry, including my engagement ring, and several thousand dollars.

So, I am one who is oblivious to the signs. She did well in school and was always home by curfew, was not stumbling around, and I truly didn't know.

Therefore my question is to the many of you who've described your youthful experiences with drugs and alcohol... Is it possible that Sami or any of the kids there are giving inconsistent stories, or not giving any info at all, because they have some blackouts in their memories?

I was also a kid who graduated at 16. All my friends were high-performing, none did drugs, our lives were focused on college, and our parties were sedate little affairs. Except for my own daughter, I've never been around drugged or drunk people. Not judging anyone here, it is just something that held no appeal for me.

But there's a lot that I'm ignorant about when it comes to signs unless it's extremely overt. Her mom knew Kiely had already gotten drunk at 15, because she couldn't drive her friend. I guess it's different in a rural area where kids do drive early. Here in NYC there are subways and buses and a plethora of things to do if you're not into substance abuse. It's a choice that some like my daughter chose to make.

I do think Kiely's in the water. It would be a Herculean task for stoned teenagers to bury a body and then dispose of a car. The treacherous roads we are talking about would have been just as treacherous for the other kids to drive while high, unless maybe some of the older kids had many years of driving experience there.

But every day my mind changes. I know they could've parked the car in some huge parking lot where it wouldn't be noticed. Look what happened just recently to Chrissy.

Hoping for Kiely's safe return, but the more time that goes by, the less likely that seems.

All jmo and (tragic) experience.

ETA: my daughter was a teen before cell phones were invented. If they'd been available, I would have 100% had her on location, and then maybe I would've figured it out. I'm a little taken aback by what is IMO a very laissez-faire attitude among all the parents. I was berserk when I found out about my daughter, and so was my ex-husband. I guess it's a different cultural mindset???????
Answering your question about black outs. Absolutely some of the kids could have blackouts. I’ve had them. (and I also graduated early at 16) One knows the next day one had one as a general rule . But personally because it was a mob scene, dark, young kids, stoned and drunk, I’d be shocked if the stories were consistent. When there is a witnessed car accident every witness has a slightly different story, frequently. Presently the car must either be wrecked under brush or water, or hidden deliberately, as in abduction. If we find the car we find the answers. But where is it?

But SS left before KR so why make a point of it? Are we 100% sure that 200-300 kids even attended the party? Was this confirmed by LE? Also, who made the big deal about Lana del ray sweatshirt? They need to look into that. Was that person trying to insinuate she ran away? If everyone saw her at the party, the white and pink sweatshirt stands out! Why even bring up the LDR sweatshirt??
JDLR!! (Just doesn’t look right)

Hello all! I haven't read all of the posts so please forgive me if I repeat anything previously mentioned. My thought is Kiely being impaired by alcohol did as so many before her have done. She attempted to drive herself home. Alcohol impairs judgment and despite Kiely being an intelligent young lady, she's no different than most of us when it comes to being inebriated. For those of us who drink or drank and have found ourselves under the influence, we all know we believed we could do more than we were actually able to because of the false sense of confidence. Anyway, let's assume (because it's what we're all doing at this time) she drove herself home.

Initially Kiely may have been feeling alert and capable of making the trip as she set out. I imagine the route she would have taken to her home on Cold Stream Drive was rural and dark. The I-89 I-80 intersection was about the halfway point. I-89 would have been easier navigation for Kiely but I-80 would have been more challenging. Perhaps after driving a while she grew tired and may have dozed off. Or maybe she swerved to avoid wildlife. Either way, her vehicle may have gone off the road enough distance to be hidden from sight along the roadway. An accident would also explain her phone no longer working as it may have been damaged during the accident. I hope authorities and searchers are looking just as feverishly near her home than they are near the Prosser Family Campground.

<modsnip - no link from an approved source to statement made as fact>

Finally, if the vehicle had less than a full tank of gas it would probably be limited to a 400 mile radius before needing to be refueled. If the vehicle is still on the road, I hope it will be recognized by somebody refueling. I'm hoping a license plate reader will capture the vehicle's plates.

However, based on what happened in San Antonio, Texas, anything is possible! There, a woman had been missing for a week and nobody could find her. Not until a security officer at a busy shopping mall finally decided to check on a vehicle he had seen parked there for the past week with no activity. She was dead behind the wheel. Nobody noticed despite an all point bulletin and missing description of the vehicle flooding the community. Just sayin'...Occam's razor!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member