Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there doesn't seem to be a ton of focus on the water with LE...I still think somw.of the kids that were there know what happened and are probably scared to say even if they have minimal info

LE was focusing on the water and the last day they searched it, they brought in divers, but talked about how difficult it would be for a diver to find anything in that lake. The next day (I believe that was yesterday), water was off their news release about upcoming searches. I wonder if AWP contacted them and LE agreed to allow them to search. Then they took water searches off their search schedule.

Prosser Creek Reservoir water team of the Pacer County Sherriff's department search for Kiely Rodni or evidence of her whereabouts

Prosser Creek Reservoir water team of the Pacer County Sherriff's department search for Kiely Rodni or evidence of her whereabouts

LE was focusing on the water and the last day they searched it, they brought in divers, but talked about how difficult it would be for a diver to find anything in that lake. The next day (I believe that was yesterday), water was off their news release about upcoming searches. I wonder if AWP contacted them and LE agreed to allow them to search. Then they took water searches off their search schedule.
Or as posted above, the bank is muddy and there are no tracks leading to the water...perhaps the water theory isn't as strong as some of us think?

It’s pretty cool Elsa P. came forward as she is an athlete. She stated she saw KR late in the night.I think this can debunk this theory that athletes don’t want to come forward to ruin scholarships etc. She may have a lot to lose by coming forward.
athletes attend parties too. its being proven connected w criminal activity that would affect that.

Hi Folks,
The mods have approved this HLN video about Kiely’s disappearance. There has been a lot of discussion about the extended curfew. In this video, her mother and stepfather are interviewed. Mom gives specific times regarding KR’s text about staying out late, (11:30pm), what time she was planning on leaving the party, (12:15 am), what time her curfew was, (12:30 am), and what time she was expected home, (12:45 am, or 15 minutes late).
This question has been asked before, but why did KR have in mind that she wanted to leave the party specifically at 12:15?

@OldCop your post makes me wonder how many time stamped photos/video LE has obtained between approx. 11:00pm (trips to KR vehicle) and 12:30am (or after). Possibilities herein repeatedly discussed, many unknowns with lack of KR sighting facts given to public, but that time frame, if pieced together with time stamps is what they have to be seeking. If the mass exodus at 12:30am is fact, are there any background pictures of her car moving/leaving/still parked? Gotta be why they keep pleading for all who attended to come forward with anything, all random phone pics/vids. Sure hope LE gets a break soon for the family with one strong tight-knit community behind them. JMO

Random musings after reading through the excellent threads.

Her mom used the past tense for her daughter and then quickly changed it. from wa...to ...is. It could be that LE has already found evidence that she is most likely deceased.

In the mothers statements she just wants her daughter back no matter what, whether it be foul play or someone seeing her blacked out daughter getting in her car and driving away, which points to an accident..

It seems like the creme brulee shots get brought up a lot in the story.
Its not like these teens were making french custard and then flambeeing the caramel with a torch to get a crispy top. Its a pudding flavor. My guess is that they made a whole bunch of them.
SS says they were going around doing shots. My guess is that they were selling them as well. Maybe she traded the Lana hoodie for a couple of shots.

Also, no one has said it was alcohol in the shots. I am guessing mushrooms. Reason is, when I was in highschool, they took pudding and jello flavors like cherry, strawberry, chocolate, etc and then mixed it with crushed up mescaline, a mushroom, and then put it into clear capsules...thus it would be chocolate mesc they called it for example. IMO they were all tripping. In the store pic she kinda looks like she is tripping. That is why it took them almost 4 hours
to get from the store to the party.

No telling how many of these brulee shots got into the crowd, but most likely many. Older ones started showing up for the fight. Younger ones scattered when they realized they had blown their curfews.
In this mix we lost her. Also, if they were selling shots, she could have had at least 1OO bucks on her, her share. Money was going around that party., if they had certificates, they were taking bets and the older guys were most likely handling that. petty robbery at car gone wrong could have occurred.

SS may be hiding what was in the creme brulee. If Kiely was on mushrooms, she could have easily driven right into the lake or off a ridge or into a ravine. If SS left her friend tripping b@lls as they say, the guilt could make her leave out important clues as to what they had been up to, because as a Mom it seems like they were up to something.

Traditions, cultures. Not all are good. This annual party with minors and adults drinking drugging and fighting needs to come to a screeching halt. I wonder how many LE in Truckee attended that same party when they were underage and then turned a blind eye to it until now.
all MOO and theorizing
excellent post

Before we put too much emphasis on the mystery of why her car hasn't been found, it seems her car VERY EASILY may be parked somewhere right out in broad daylight and no one has noticed. A silver CRV isn't the least bit distinctive, and even if people are alertly looking for it, it could easily be parked in an apartment complex parking lot where no one has noticed. Or stashed behind an abandoned house, or in someone's garage. It may have quickly been driven out of state, where NO ONE is looking for it. As long as it's not in a private parking lot where the business closes and it would be obvious to security that it's abandoned, it may never be found.

I saw an ad on craigslist for some guy who wanted help finding his car, offered 500 bucks. He was visiting from out of town and parked it in a downtown parking garage and couldn't remember where. This was a month past, and he still hadn't gotten notification from the parking garage that his car was located abandoned.
interesting. but it could have also been stolen from the parking garage.

Or as posted above, the bank is muddy and there are no tracks leading to the water...perhaps the water theory isn't as strong as some of us think?

Could be, but if the muddy bank would have stopped her car from going in, why would LE allow AWP to come to the search? Also a local went to the area of the party and said the water was very high right after she went missing. I wish we knew if the cement ramp was covered with water at that time.

Maybe they are having AWP search a different lake? I guess we will know on Saturday when they start the search. I checked the weather and it looks like it will be great.

"I recognize both sweatshirts," Rodni's mother told ABC News. "The darker one belongs to her best friend. The lighter one is something that I've seen her wear time and time again."

It's important to hold onto hope," Rodni's mother, Lindsey Rodni-Nieman, told ABC News during an interview Tuesday on "GMA." She then added: "It's OK to feel sad and frustrated, it's OK to feel this anguish."

Could be, but if the muddy bank would have stopped her car from going in, why would LE allow AWP to come to the search? Also a local went to the area of the party and said the water was very high right after she went missing. I wish we knew if the cement ramp was covered with water at that time.

Maybe they are having AWP search a different lake? I guess we will know on Saturday when they start the search. I checked the weather and it looks like it will be great.
I totally missed that they were joining in the search, but it shows that law enforcement is pulling out all the stops here.

They've had a ton of success recently, and this is exactly the type of thing they're best at. If anyone can find that car, they can.

She just has to be in the water; somewhere.

I totally missed that they were joining in the search, but it shows that law enforcement is pulling out all the stops here.

They've had a ton of success recently, and this is exactly the type of thing they're best at. If anyone can find that car, they can.

She just has to be in the water; somewhere.
agreed. AWP is exactly the type of organization they need involved in this case.

agreed. AWP is exactly the type of organization they need involved in this case.
I love (what seems to be) this recent trend of supplementing law enforcement efforts with outside organizations, especially early on in the proceedings.

From Texas EquuSearch in missing persons cases, to NecroSearch with clandestine graves, and now AWP with search and recovery.

I love (what seems to be) this recent trend of supplementing law enforcement efforts with outside organizations, especially early on in the proceedings.

From Texas EquuSearch in missing persons cases, to NecroSearch with clandestine graves, and now AWP with search and recovery.
I may be wrong, but I believe it was AWP who reached out to local LE, after having several people reach out to them on social media, rather than LE reaching out to them. However, I am sure LE are glad to have them, and I agree, if she is in the water, and I believe that she is, they have the best chance of finding her. According to their social media, they hope to be in Truckee by Friday. JMO

There are two other large bodies of water in the area – Stampede and Boca. These two reservoirs are all within a short driving distance from Prosser, and you won't have to get on any major roads.
Not that is necessarily makes a difference, as to whether or not her car may be there, but where are they in relation to driving from the campground to her home? TIA

There are two other large bodies of water in the area – Stampede and Boca. These two reservoirs are all within a short driving distance from Prosser, and you won't have to get on any major roads.
I thought the same thing- she may have left that camp and made an error somewhere else on the way home. That road to the lodge would be murder at night.

Many laws mean nothing, apparently. A 12:30 am curfew when 16 y/olds can't drive after 11 pm. Driving friends around when a 16 y/o cannot drive anyone under 20. An 18 y/o legal adult doing shots with a 16 y/o. Etc.

Maybe laws are more of a suggestion in those parts. jmo
pretty sure it happens everywhere among groups of teens though.

Welcome! One question I've had since the beginning for anyone local is what is the chance that she could have accidentally driven easily into a body of water other than Prosser? Stampede and Boca wouldn't be on her route home, but of course she could have made some bad driving decisions and headed north instead of south, and it seems like the chance that she'd wind up on a road or ATV path that leads right to the water at either of those might be slim (compared to, say, just driving round and round on roads lined with trees).

What are your thoughts on a wrong turn landing someone in Donner Lake, or the Cold Creek area near her home, or even what looks like industrial lakes off of 80 between McDonalds and Taco Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd