Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's something to keep in mind that most cases involving foul play, the victim knows the perp.

My sense is that people who haven't been here in person are envisioning it being much easier to drive into the water than it actually is here. We don't have any evidence she was suicidal. I haven't heard anything that cars were parked at the water's edge. have you?

OTOH, if she met with foul play with a "local" who knows the area, any of those bodies of water (Prosser, Boca, Stampede) would have been a relatively easy place to hide all the evidence. A local would also know places to "stash" the car that would not be on her route home.
im californian and while not from truckee am familiar w the area. ive been on these forums for a long time and usually the most reasonable explanation is true (occams razor) im not saying its easy to drive into the lake however it is the case most of the time when a person disappears w their car, and often times the car and person are found in an area that was searched repeatedly.

yes, abduction is a possibility but its running far behind of my first two ideas.

Agree 100%. As the parent of 2 college aged kids, this is so very true. I have even (recently) learned they can spoof the Life 360 so nothing is 100% accurate. Kids have and will continue to find ways to bend the rules and do what they are going to do.

It won't stop us from teaching them right from wrong and hopefully instilling good values. It's even more tricky after they turn 18 and are legally adults. That's when the real "fun" begins--NOT.

It's like when they learn to drive and they are shown videos about drinking and driving, texting, distractions, etc. The main problem with kids this age is they believe it will never happen to them. We can pound it in their heads all day long but they think they are above it all or won't get caught. I'm sure there are exceptions but that's my experience.
BBM aint that the truth... 18-22 is THEE WORST age

if these items are found it could give another search area. They could have DNA of a perp on them. Blood (sorry) or broken jewelry, torn clothing to give a clue of foul play.
If these items are still on her and she drove into a lake then sure it doesn't mean much.
If they aren't on her person then it could mean everything.

Me too.
However then I just can't explain why LE then needs "information" on her necklaces...

Quoting myself because confusion about the importance of these items keeps coming up over and over again

It's actually a real thing. The shot idea hasn't been plucked out of thin air.
I did a quick google search about creme brulee shots and got two things:

1. Mixed drinks/cocktails that had a creme brulee flavor, but weren't actually creme brulee.
2. Creme brulee put into shot glasses for bite-sized desserts that contain no alcohol.

And I'm sorry, but trying to down a shot of custard sounds gag-inducing. I'm typically not naive, I've raised three kids, but this seems like a stretch. Those ingredients are way more expensive than a box of gelatin, too. haha

IMO

It's something to keep in mind that most cases involving foul play, the victim knows the perp.

My sense is that people who haven't been here in person are envisioning it being much easier to drive into the water than it actually is here. We don't have any evidence she was suicidal. I haven't heard anything that cars were parked at the water's edge. have you?

OTOH, if she met with foul play with a "local" who knows the area, any of those bodies of water (Prosser, Boca, Stampede) would have been a relatively easy place to hide all the evidence. A local would also know places to "stash" the car that would not be on her route home.
Interesting to hear that it’s not that easy to accidentally drive into the water.

We have not talked about any indications that she might purposely end her life. It did cross my mind that if she were in an extremely impaired state, and something happened at the party (ex. was rejected by a friend or guy she liked), she could have impulsively done so and purposely drove into the lake. But, by all accounts she was well-grounded, looking forward to college, with a bright future. That doesn’t always tell the whole tale, but I’d be more likely to believe she met with misadventure or foul play than death by suicide.

I say with sadness that I hope Adventures with Purpose is successful in their search, as we know that successful results would mean the end of hope that Kiely is still alive. For now, we can keep hoping for a miracle, that she just walks back in the door at home between now and the weekend.

im californian and while not from truckee am familiar w the area. ive been on these forums for a long time and usually the most reasonable explanation is true (occams razor) im not saying its easy to drive into the lake however it is the case most of the time when a person disappears w their car, and often times the car and person are found in an area that was searched repeatedly.

yes, abduction is a possibility but its running far behind of my first two ideas.
Here's a map: Prosser Family Campground

going to "satellite map" gives a better sense of the terrain

once down there, it's not confusing which way is into the water versus the only paved road out. It's back into the trees to get out. the part near the water is much more open plain.

you can see the paved road is not near the water except for the boat launch itself
for me, Occam's razor doesn't have her drive down a boat launch. not a girl who was conscious enough to charge her phone and text her mom about coming home.

Nor does Occam's razor allow the car to go down the one plausible route to the water without being witnessed

OTOH her car could easily get lost in the shuffle if a bunch of people were leaving, or even just her car went in the proper direction out of the campsite, someone offered to drive her or was holding a gun to her, and then instead of going the same way, took off on dirt roads

As someone still in the party scene, I've never seen creme Brulee shots. That sounds horrendous. Jello, yes. Pudding, yes - but only bought from the liquor store.
As a teen, my friends and I baked all the time. It's common.
I think her friend only brought it up because people were wondering how KR was leading up to the party, like her state of mind etc. It was just a normal, fun day spent baking with her friend. imo

Anyways, I don't think it matters what form her alcohol consumption took, we know that she was most likely drunk.

Jmo!

As someone still in the party scene, I've never seen creme Brulee shots. That sounds horrendous. Jello, yes. Pudding, yes - but only bought from the liquor store.
As a teen, my friends and I baked all the time. It's common.
I think her friend only brought it up because people were wondering how KR was leading up to the party, like her state of mind etc. It was just a normal, fun day spent baking with her friend. imo

Anyways, I don't think it matters what form her alcohol consumption took, we know that she was most likely drunk.

Jmo!
Right?! Chugging custard that has a blow-torched glass-like top ? gross.

IMO

1. Mixed drinks/cocktails that had a creme brulee flavor, but weren't actually creme brulee.
2. Creme brulee put into shot glasses for bite-sized desserts that contain no alcohol.

And I'm sorry, but trying to down a shot of custard sounds gag-inducing. I'm typically not naive, I've raised three kids, but this seems like a stretch. Those ingredients are way more expensive than a box of gelatin, too. haha

IMO
Pudding shots can be tricky. Not near as easy to down as Jell-O shots in my opinion.
Plus trying to transport all those little cups in a cooler?

I guess the cream brûlée is missing?
Maybe she wanted to fix something for her mom to have when they got home.

I’d be more interested in her texts that afternoon and what she bought at that store.
JMO

Anyone have a link to the KR wearing a jumper? I have seen it mentioned in previous posts, but missed the origin. Not doubting it, just curious to read about it. TIA.

Here's a map: Prosser Family Campground

going to "satellite map" gives a better sense of the terrain

once down there, it's not confusing which way is into the water versus the only paved road out. It's back into the trees to get out. the part near the water is much more open plain.

you can see the paved road is not near the water except for the boat launch itself
for me, Occam's razor doesn't have her drive down a boat launch. not a girl who was conscious enough to charge her phone and text her mom about coming home.

Nor does Occam's razor allow the car to go down the one plausible route to the water without being witnessed

OTOH her car could easily get lost in the shuffle if a bunch of people were leaving, or even just her car went in the proper direction out of the campsite, someone offered to drive her or was holding a gun to her, and then instead of going the same way, took off on dirt roads
Thanks for that link. "Mapcarta" is new to me and that's a really good satellite/road view.

Bolded by me above - the issue many of us have with the "facts" are that many of these statements have been made by one or two people, so aren't really verified facts, like "her car is missing." We'd like to think she did have the wherewithall to charge her phone and text mom, but do we really know for certain she did and not someone else?

Anyone have a link to the KR wearing a jumper? I have seen it mentioned in previous posts, but missed the origin. Not doubting it, just curious to read about it. TIA.
I recall reading that term. It's the British word for sweater so I assume it's one of our UK members referring to her sweatshirt as such?

I think 'jumper' is the term Brits use for what Americans refer to as a sweater or in this case, sweatshirt. JMO

Last edited:

IMO
Doing a search on how to do shrooms will pull up fudge, candied apples, pudding, mousse, etc. MOO

This bothers me:
SS about last call and when Kiely’s phone suddenly simultaneously registered last ping just as the call ended.
She said to the effect- she asked if I needed a ride. I reminded her that no, I did not, I was on my way home out on the highway. We told each other we loved each other. Bye.
She did not say OMG I could not understand her speech- she was slurring her words so much she was out of it!
Nope. Nothing to that effect.

IMO
you dont down it if you eat them w shrooms lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88