Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a map: Prosser Family Campground

going to "satellite map" gives a better sense of the terrain

once down there, it's not confusing which way is into the water versus the only paved road out. It's back into the trees to get out. the part near the water is much more open plain.

you can see the paved road is not near the water except for the boat launch itself
for me, Occam's razor doesn't have her drive down a boat launch. not a girl who was conscious enough to charge her phone and text her mom about coming home.

Nor does Occam's razor allow the car to go down the one plausible route to the water without being witnessed

OTOH her car could easily get lost in the shuffle if a bunch of people were leaving, or even just her car went in the proper direction out of the campsite, someone offered to drive her or was holding a gun to her, and then instead of going the same way, took off on dirt roads
i hear you, but its been no rhyme or reason soooo many other times. add possible impairment? and we dont even know that she charged her phone. its all hearsay.

Ok so here's another theory, what if she ended up overdosing and the teens that witnessed it panicked and hid her car and her body?... I'm curious as to if the investigators have checked chop shops, any of the garages at the other teens houses, online auto sales...
We're thinking along the same lines... Nothing intentional, but enough to scare some kids out of their minds.

Good to know-
While it's true that we value ephemerality, some account information may be retrieved by law enforcement through valid legal process. At times, this could mean assisting law enforcement with preventing illegal activities and actioning accounts for violations of Snap’s Terms of Service. We also assist with exigent situations and imminent threats to life, such as school shooting threats, bomb threats, and missing persons cases.

@TruckeeLocal - do you have any idea how deep those narrow lakes are along Cold Stream Road as you get close to their lodge? I'd love to think that they'd be the second most obvious place they searched as they're so close to her home and it looks like someone could take the left fork (my green line) instead of staying straight and plow right into them. Do you know if these bodies of water have been searched with sonar? Would love to think they have as it seems like a second most obvious location, so it seems even ridiculous for me to ask this, but I don't believe we've read about water searches taking place there.

Attachments

• cold-stream.jpg
    cold-stream.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 15
Random musings after reading through the excellent threads.

Her mom used the past tense for her daughter and then quickly changed it. from wa...to ...is. It could be that LE has already found evidence that she is most likely deceased.

In the mothers statements she just wants her daughter back no matter what, whether it be foul play or someone seeing her blacked out daughter getting in her car and driving away, which points to an accident..

It seems like the creme brulee shots get brought up a lot in the story.
Its not like these teens were making french custard and then flambeeing the caramel with a torch to get a crispy top. Its a pudding flavor. My guess is that they made a whole bunch of them.
SS says they were going around doing shots. My guess is that they were selling them as well. Maybe she traded the Lana hoodie for a couple of shots.

Also, no one has said it was alcohol in the shots. I am guessing mushrooms. Reason is, when I was in highschool, they took pudding and jello flavors like cherry, strawberry, chocolate, etc and then mixed it with crushed up mescaline, a mushroom, and then put it into clear capsules...thus it would be chocolate mesc they called it for example. IMO they were all tripping. In the store pic she kinda looks like she is tripping. That is why it took them almost 4 hours
to get from the store to the party.

No telling how many of these brulee shots got into the crowd, but most likely many. Older ones started showing up for the fight. Younger ones scattered when they realized they had blown their curfews.
In this mix we lost her. Also, if they were selling shots, she could have had at least 1OO bucks on her, her share. Money was going around that party., if they had certificates, they were taking bets and the older guys were most likely handling that. petty robbery at car gone wrong could have occurred.

SS may be hiding what was in the creme brulee. If Kiely was on mushrooms, she could have easily driven right into the lake or off a ridge or into a ravine. If SS left her friend tripping b@lls as they say, the guilt could make her leave out important clues as to what they had been up to, because as a Mom it seems like they were up to something.

Traditions, cultures. Not all are good. This annual party with minors and adults drinking drugging and fighting needs to come to a screeching halt. I wonder how many LE in Truckee attended that same party when they were underage and then turned a blind eye to it until now.
all MOO and theorizing
Very intriguing!! One gal following and running a podcast has delved into the popularity of mushrooms in their culture...Interesting... I can see the possibilities....

am I right about the fact that LE have completed their water search???
LE has appeared to end their water search. But more help on the water search side will hopefully arrive soon.

There is a wonderful volunteer organization "Adventures With Purpose". They were formed on 2019 and have helped find a number of submerged cars and people. They have a great deal of knowledge regarding the use of sonar and are skilled in interpreting possible clues to find vehicles. They also use divers and fishing magnets.

Link to recent article about a case they helped solve.

Link to AWP website:

AWP are in Wisconsin now and are planning to come to Truckee next to assist in this case.

JMO

I recall reading that term. It's the British word for sweater so I assume it's one of our UK members referring to her sweatshirt as such?

I think 'jumper' is the term Brits use for what Americans refer to as a sweater or in this case, sweatshirt. JMO
Thank you both! I visualized a jumper as a sleeveless dress that a sweater is worn under. I learn something new every day on here!

This bothers me:
SS about last call and when Kiely’s phone suddenly simultaneously registered last ping just as the call ended.
She said to the effect- she asked if I needed a ride. I reminded her that no, I did not, I was on my way home out on the highway. We told each other we loved each other. Bye.
She did not say OMG I could not understand her speech- she was slurring her words so much she was out of it!
Nope. Nothing to that effect.
She didn’t mention slurring, but if I recall correctly SS did say something to the affect of “no I don’t need a ride, I just told you this 10 minutes ago” which to me implies that Kiely was impaired to the point that she didn’t remember a very recent conversation.

JMO

The campgrounds had public restrooms. They were the typical hole-in-the-ground ones, but they were available. I’ll bet somewhere there’s a map of the park that shows all public restrooms.
SS said they peed together and she saw her bodysuit. its possible they went to a stall together i guess.

Thanks for that link. "Mapcarta" is new to me and that's a really good satellite/road view.

Bolded by me above - the issue many of us have with the "facts" are that many of these statements have been made by one or two people, so aren't really verified facts, like "her car is missing." We'd like to think she did have the wherewithall to charge her phone and text mom, but do we really know for certain she did and not someone else?
True we don't know for certain. I'm mostly trying to give people a more accurate view of the area. It's not like a road perched on a cliff over water where there are a bunch of places she could have gone off the road into the water.

It's a very distinct boat ramp that is very obviously not the way home. I'm not saying it's impossible, only that it's unlikely she drove herself off the boat ramp as opposed to many, many other possibilities. The rest of the paved road is not near the water and the scrub brush there isn't something you can easily drive across. She would have been stuck in brush.

"She was having a fun time at a party, just being a teenager," Smith told ABC News during an interview Monday. "Everything she drank, I drank out of, and there was nothing that seemed off about her."

So…
She didn’t mention slurring, but if I recall correctly SS did say something to the affect of “no I don’t need a ride, I just told you this 10 minutes ago” which to me implies that Kiely was impaired to the point that she didn’t remember a very recent conversation.

JMO

Right. I paraphrased her alleged conversation. The point is- her alleged impairment would have been alarming during the call and merit a mention, one would think. Not just warrant a tata, love you byebye.

True we don't know for certain. I'm mostly trying to give people a more accurate view of the area. It's not like a road perched on a cliff over water where there are a bunch of places she could have gone off the road into the water.

It's a very distinct boat ramp that is very obviously not the way home. I'm not saying it's impossible, only that it's unlikely she drove herself off the boat ramp as opposed to many, many other possibilities. The rest of the paved road is not near the water and the scrub brush there isn't something you can easily drive across. She would have been stuck in brush.
Yes! Totally get that and we do appreciate having your local insight. I did the "Google man" drive on many streets where it's available and could "see" what you mean, at least on more major roads.

Me too. It seems they get results no one else can obtain.

I haven't been able to follow along closely, so I'll ask. Are there bodies of water along the path she would have taken that night? Is a car accident more likely to be in the water or off the road into the trees? With what I know so far, it seems to be equal odds on an accident vs. abduction.
Looking at the map of the peninsula there...there are at least 3 small reservoirs close by...Prosser, Stampede and Boca. And there are dirt roads all over the place. They look relatively tame to me, but...I've lived where the roads were worse!!

SS said they peed together and she saw her bodysuit. its possible they went to a stall together i guess.
I thought she said the "popped" in the woods? I would need to go back and find the clip in the previously linked interview, but it seemed she was explaining Kiely wearing a bodysuit with snaps and not a tank top that had been reported found at or near the site of the party. It sounded like they were going off into the woods and "popping a squat"--let me go look for it

Edited to add: public restrooms are a place where other things could go down though, depending on the type and level of privacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998