Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the Find Kiely webside #FindKiely | Kiely Rodni | Truckee CA

KIELY RODNI / NIEMAN was last seen at a party in Truckee (Prosser), California on August 6, 2022, 12:30-1 AM. Family and authorities are requesting any information regarding her whereabouts.

LE has another, far more strict, timeline. Only timestamp of the CCTV footage showing Kiely in front of a shop and the last ping. Looking at the sheriffs FB page there isn't an update on that, but I could have missed it.
The last sighting LE references may correspond to the also LE verified but unreleased photo of her in the Odd Future hoodie?

The following is speculation based on SS’s statements to msm:
I think KR was waiting by her car at 12:15 am, probably alone, for SS. At 11:00 pm when SS and “others” were in KR’s car, they made plans for KR to drive SS home. They separated when they got out of the car, but did they agree to meet back there at 12:15? KR texted her Mom around 11:30 and asked if she could have a curfew extension and she would leave the party at 12:15. Mom said okay.
I think SS went back to KR’s car 10 minutes late. SS said she said goodbye to KR in person at 12:25 and told her she was getting a ride with someone else. She said she felt KR was too intoxicated to drive. That would have left KR alone and vulnerable at or near her car about 8 minutes before her phone was shut off or died. Thoughts?
I think that if they were mixing substances, and then SS left and KR called and surprised SS, KR might have been in a dissociative, pre-ictal, not very clear, state. Which sometimes foretells a seizure. Drug-induced seizure is not unlikely. Especially with some substances, with stimulants. (Did she hit her head?)

The rest lies with people who were there. My guess with this scenario would be, they simply abandoned her when they saw what was going on, rapidly moved to another place, not to be responsible for all of it, drugs, minors. KR, being postictal and confused, decided to drive, or even walk, and in her confusion, something happened? Could the decision of the group to "move to a harder-core party" be related to the fact that she had a seizure and they simply abandoned her? Didn't hurt, but didn't help, either? Such a response to drug-related event at parties is not unusual.

Last edited:
Just noting there are a fair number of young women, similar age range to Kiely, who have gone missing in the past couple of years in California & Nevada. A few even share a passing resemblance and interests.

Likely coincidence only, and obviously we have no information at this point that points to foul play over a car accident, so again, only noting as something for people to look at, if time/interest allows.

I think that if they were mixing substances, and then SS left and KR called and surprised SS, KR might have been in a dissociative, pre-ictal, not very clear, state. Which sometimes foretells a seizure. Drug-induced seizure is not unlikely. Especially with some substances, with stimulants. (Did she hit her head?)

The rest is with people who were there? Maybe they simply left when they saw her, moved to another place not to be responsible for all of it, drugs, minors. KR, being postictal and confused, decided to drive, or even walk, and in her confusion, something happened? Could the decision to "move to a harder-core party" be related to the fact that she had a seizure and they simply abandoned her?
Interesting idea. It could have legs!

Replaying your idea within my brain. What if KR was severely compromised due to substance use; not quite an OD, but very close to it? At the time that hypothetically happened, perhaps the people remaining at the party didn't know her. So they had no interest in helping her, especially in their own inebriated states of mind. They just left the situation. Taking this a few steps further, maybe KR then tried to get herself home and sadly got very lost and turned around... or crashed.

To add to this horrific scenario, I am starting to wonder if she lost her phone (or it fell into the lake) after its last ping at 12:33pm. Not having a phone and being left alone in the dark woods feeling very ill and disoriented would be a nightmare.
:(

And thanks for the new word: postictal!

I don't think that there is any evidence that KR had a tendency to drink herself into oblivion.

Well-known excessive drinkers/users had a reputation - at least back in the day.

So voluntary indulgence to a critical level seems a little iffy to me.

I don't think that there is any evidence that KR had a tendency to drink herself into oblivion.

Well-known excessive drinkers/users had a reputation - at least back in the day.

She is quite thin, so alcohol poisoning seems*possible* to me. Drug induced seizures and other stuff, I'm not there either.

My personal opinion seems opposite than most though. I actually think her calling SS to see if she still needed a ride indicates she may not have been that drunk. I tend to think she was sober enough to check on her friend, and it fits with the text to her mother assuming that was sent by her, but JMO.

Don't disagree, @franker. But while we truly have no idea what these kids (and young adults) were consuming that night, I have imagined it possibly involved narcotics, THC and / or hallucinogens. The combination of narcotics and alcohol can become quickly deadly or at the least quickly disorienting. And if you throw something like fentanyl into the mix...

Agreed. And there is no evidence she was intoxicated the night of the party, either. One person has said this. And the same person 2-3 days later told media Kiely was fine at the party. This was all thoroughly discussed in the 1st thread and no one else who was at the party, nor LE, has come forward since then to say Kiely was intoxicated.

Maybe she was. Maybe she wasn't. Until LE says it, I'm not assuming it. jmo

No one has said Kiely was using drugs though.

So far, we have SS saying they were drinking and she gave conflicting/confusing reports abt the level of impairment/intoxication.
Yeah.

Based upon the text she sent her mom and her reported history and reputation - kind of hard to believe that she got so messed up that she drove into the reservoir or got all mixed up and went down some obscure road somewhere and crashed.

Anything is possible, I guess, but this doesn't seem right.

Here is something to consider: pot is legal in California, right? Obviously not for 16 year-olds, but even from the discussion here, a lot of people have fairly relaxed vibes about about it.

The only time anyone even mentioned pot was Mags when she was uncomfortable about the guys all in her face with bongs. The harder stuff was only mentioned in connection with the "sketchy older guys."

All we have been told SS and Kiely did was drink alcohol.

Tyler the Creator from Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, aka Odd Future, will be performing at the Made In America Fest on Sept. 2&3 in Philadelphia.
If Kiely is out there living her best life, maybe that concert would interest her.

Last edited:
No one has said Kiely was using drugs though.

So far, we have SS saying they were drinking and she gave conflicting/confusing reports abt the level of impairment/intoxication.

I am just imagining a huge party. Imagining myself being sixteen. I, too, graduated at that age, was always the youngest one, and I know how one feels, and behaves.

As to people having untoward reaction to the simplest things, it happens. I read (and posted here) about a case of Ecstasy-related collapse. In a way, it is the same as allergies to medications and environmental agents. It doesn't need to be something horrible. It has to be an unusual response to something most people use without issues.

Another thought:

If we return to the MSN video where SS points out where Kiely was parked in relation to the party site and the road out, it looks as though Kiely would have had to drive almost through the spot where people were congregating to leave.

Do we know 100% the party ended at 12:30, or only the one campers on record saying they saw a bunch of lights? Could they be wrong about the number of vehicles leaving at that time? I'm asking because we're basing our estimate of the party itself ending at 12;30 ish pretty much exclusively based on this account, and it could be incorrect.

Has LE provided a time when the party ended?
Unless the police showed up to break it up, I doubt it had a solid ending time.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Didn’t PCSO state last week that they consider Kiely’s disappearance as an Abduction but could not get an Amber Alert issued because no one had seen her leave and her car hasn’t been found or seen on a traffic cam or camera?

She’s finally there? Yay. That is so important and often ignored.
Agree! I do not see any comparisons, but the only female so far where date would be possible is partial remains in the Hudson River found August 11th, and estimated 25-40. Seems very unlikely to be Kiely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998