Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These cases always upset me. This one with the outdoor party that got too big, with tons of teens and strangers, the friends leaving early and leaving her alone at the party, police begging for video or picture footage—it is reminiscent of the Chelsea Bruck case and gives me very uneasy vibes. I pray pray pray that this is more innocent and resolved soon. But I feel icky about it.

Late night thoughts:
Lack of pings could be phone dying rather than last location. Possible her phone died, and she went to the car to charge it. Perhaps then someone snuck up to her at her car; or someone offered to drive her home, etc.

I wonder even if (complete speculation, but just to show how messy this stuff can be)—someone could have offered to drive her home but she was drunk & fell asleep in the passenger seat, & say, they decided to go to an after party instead, leaving her in the car, she wakes up and is scared and tries to drive herself home, crashes from a different location, and no one wants to admit they’d last driven/seen her for fear of looking sketchy. Or say she willingly goes to an after party and whoever took her doesn’t want to admit that, knowing that the second location isn’t on the radar, and something happened there. I don’t think we can be sure that just because she wasn’t seen leaving, means that the party was her last location. Someone knows something but I unfortunately think that someone is involved in some way and won’t be coming forward willingly.

*edited to add:
I also am not entirely confident that her last text to her mom saying she’d be leaving in 45min @ 12:15am definitely came from her. She could already have been injured or simply too intoxicated by the time of that text…and even if it wasn’t sinister, a friend could have sent the text on her behalf to let her mom know she’d be home late to give her time to sober up etc. And then something happens and everyone is freaked out. I’m sure if they were all heavily intoxicated there is a lot of confusion of memories about how everything went down, as well. Ugh.

To me, it bears the resemblance to Danielle McCarthy’s case. Danielle Dawn McCarthy (1990-2007) - Find a Grave...

In case this hasn’t been posted, search will be scaled back. Also, a new piece of clothing Kiely was seen wearing is pictured.

What we know about search for Kiely Rodni 11 days after her disappearance

“The search for missing Truckee teen Kiely Rodni near Prosser Reservoir will scale back as an 11-day search has stalled with no new information.

Placer County Sheriff's Detective Josh Barnhart said that after this week, the agencies working on the case would form a task force to share any new information. The agencies would switch off investigating tips rather than having multiple people working on the case on an ongoing basis . . .”

These cases always upset me. This one with the outdoor party that got too big, with tons of teens and strangers, the friends leaving early and leaving her alone at the party, police begging for video or picture footage—it is reminiscent of the Chelsea Bruck case and gives me very uneasy vibes. I pray pray pray that this is more innocent and resolved soon. But I feel icky about it.
I had forgotten about that case. Now I'm seeing this case in a different light. I'm still leaning toward an accident here, but the Chelsea Bruck case is something that is going to be on my mind now.

I think this is likely as well, but there's a few obvious questions...

If KR were driving the most direct route back to the Lost Trail Lodge and she went off the road, I think she would have been found by now. The road from the campground to 89 is highly trafficked, it does not have steep embankments.

If she made it to 89 and turned left (south), there are some embankments on both sides, but it's my understanding this area has been searched extensively.

If she made it down 89 to I-80, she'd go west for a couple of exits. I-80 for these couple of exits isn't remote, and has concrete barriers on both sides of the road. I think it's safe to say she didn't crash here.

That leaves the Donner Pass Road exit she would have taken to Cold Stream Rd. I mentioned this in my previous post. The sheriffs were searching this area today. I also searched this area. I went from the exit all the way to the lodge. This area is "wooded" but our definition of wooded in Tahoe is not like the rest of the country. I've attached a photo I took today. We don't get much rain here. We don't have thick foliage like you have in New England or the south. It's mostly large trees and some smaller manzanita bushes. It's not like a car could drive 30 feet off the road to be never seen again. You'd see it.View attachment 360112View attachment 360113View attachment 360114
Thank you for these images. Good to have a view. It's kind of open, not dense at all, and, like you said, a car gone of the road probably would have been found.

I'm really kind of "off" by all the oohs and aahhs (#1-2... etc.) about the use of drugs (I consider alcohol to be a state altering drug) by (sometimes very young) teenagers nowadays. Some comments about bad parenting, giving permission and staying in the rules of the laws made me do "click" in my head. I hear you, but I have a different view. It's good to go back and reconsider our youth experiences and I really like to read that and appreciate the honesty. I have learned, but maybe not enough or to late. Could I have prevented my son becoming an addict? No, sadly I couldn't. Did I gave permission or was I a bad parent? Most certainly not. But in the end people do what they want. IMO it's not going to help to forbid your teenager everything.

Am I surprised Kiely potentially came in contact with drugs or used on an early age. Not at all. ...It's 2022. The world isn't the same as it was when we were young. And also drugs have changed, so is the availability and "acceptance" of using within peer groups, especially at parties. Even "the good old" pot is so much stronger then it was or laced.

IMO it's better to teach about it (what is there around, what does it do to you) and especially about how things can go so very wrong being under the influence or about eventually becoming an addict. In that sense we are all at risk. I here you saying...my child will never go that path...etc. Teenagers do what they want, behind your back, with help from friends and will come in contact with drugs or whatever...whether you you like it or not.

Not meant to be offensive, just needed to comment, because I'm hurt and very afraid for Kiely's faith.

If KR went off the road and was driving alone out in the boondocks somewhere, there's really nothing someone at the party could talk about. IMO too much weight is being placed on lack of witnesses. What were they supposed to witness?
Absolutely agree with you on that. IF she veered off the road into woods or water, then all these clues at the party, her clothes, her jewelry, the idea that “someone knows something” and “people need to have courage and come forward” are all meaningless. The accident has no connection to the party, except that she was inebriated.

If, however, she met with some kind of foul play, it’s a whole different narrative.

Does anyone have a source of LE stating some parents were advising their kids who were at the party not to speak with LE? If that exists and is not just hearsay, I would like to add that to the list of LE / MSM verified facts I am trying to keep.

Then... I also might let my mind start to analyze further why that could be? What criminal or embarrassing activity could have occurred that night to warrant this (other than the obvious)?

Last edited:
Hmm....From those photos Truckee shared, it does seem likely her CRV would be spotted. While not a large vehicle, the profile is still tall enough I think it would take out branches and not glide through the way previous posters were thinking a low profile vehicle certainly could in denser coverage.

I'm leaning more towards some type of foul play. Hopefully a situation where she is still alive.

Do you feel she would take the same route out of the campground that she enter from 89? I see three potential ways to get into and out of the campground from 89. I was also intrigued by the Donner Pass Exit Road.
I just looked up Donner Pass on google and on the map where it's located, it says temporarily closed, I wonder if it being closed is related? Just curious as I'm not from anywhere around there.

I just looked up Donner Pass on google and on the map where it's located, it says temporarily closed, I wonder if it being closed is related? Just curious as I'm not from anywhere around there.
Coincidences are so strange and this must be another one. I was reading this page when I clicked over. I think coincidences are God’s way of winking.

*eta: idk how this works so I’m not sure how to describe it:

Closure2.6 Days 05:00 PM​

to I-80 E / Reno​

Truckee, CA
Confidence: 0 Reliability: 7 Rating: 0
View on Waze
by abc1357

Last edited:
Something I'm curious about: when Kiely called SS to see if she needed a ride, I wonder if Kiely was giving anyone else a ride home at that same time? No way of knowing, but I keep going back to how strange it feels to me that no one had come forward to say she said goodnight to them in person.

Does anyone have a source of LE stating some parents were advising their kids who were at the party not to speak with LE? If that exists and is not just hearsay, I would like to add that to the list of LE / MSM verified facts I am trying to keep.

Then... I also might let my mind start to analyze further why that could be? What criminal or embarrassing activity could have occurred that night to warrant this (other than the obvious)?
It was definitely said at one of the press conferences I watched, and that charges of impeding an investigation could be brought against adults who were “dissuading” minors from speaking out and sharing information.

Let me try and find it.

Here it is:

Coincidences are so strange and this must be another one. I was reading this page when I clicked over. I think coincidences are God’s way of winking.

*eta: idk how this works so I’m not sure how to describe it:

Closure2.6 Days 05:00 PM​

to I-80 E / Reno​

Truckee, CA
Confidence: 0 Reliability: 7 Rating: 0
View on Waze
by abc1357

Unrelated. They’re doing construction, installing a roundabout. It started months ago.

Law enforcement says they understand that a lot of their possible witnesses are teenagers...and they may not feel comfortable talking to police. That’s why they're asking for parents to talk to their teens and to open that line of communication.

"We have received several reports of adults trying to discourage people and possibly teens coming forward with information that could help us locate Kiely. So we'd like to remind everyone again...our interest is not arresting any individuals or prosecuting individuals...holding them accountable,” says Angela Musallam, PIO, Placer County Sheriff's Office.

Law enforcement says they understand that a lot of their possible witnesses are teenagers...and they may not feel comfortable talking to police. That’s why they're asking for parents to talk to their teens and to open that line of communication.

"We have received several reports of adults trying to discourage people and possibly teens coming forward with information that could help us locate Kiely. So we'd like to remind everyone again...our interest is not arresting any individuals or prosecuting individuals...holding them accountable,” says Angela Musallam, PIO, Placer County Sheriff's Office.
Flushing out some thoughts here: I have two very moral and great teenagers and I would definitely encourage them to give LE all the info they had and I can tell you with 100% certainty they would be reluctant to provide anything even with assurances of a free-pass. There is this weird code among teenagers and they have layer upon layer of secrecy that did not exist when I was their age. I am not surprised, as others have stated in earlier posts, that not a single person that I know of has come forward to say they saw KR just before she left or just as she was leaving. Nobody has said I saw her car over next to that area or this area at about such and such a time. To my knowledge nobody has said that she said goodbye to them. Nobody has gone to the media with their pictures of her at the party or pictures of them standing next to her car, or video. Have they given them to LE? I have no idea but you would expect some to leak out to media by now. Other than her friend's public statements and the phone ping(s), what objective evidence do we have about when she arrived and when she may have left that party?

Flushing out some thoughts here: I have two very moral and great teenagers and I would definitely encourage them to give LE all the info they had and I can tell you with 100% certainty they would be reluctant to provide anything even with assurances of a free-pass. There is this weird code among teenagers and they have layer upon layer of secrecy that did not exist when I was their age. I am not surprised, as others have stated in earlier posts, that not a single person that I know of has come forward to say they saw KR just before she left or just as she was leaving. Nobody has said I saw her car over next to that area or this area at about such and such a time. To my knowledge nobody has said that she said goodbye to them. Nobody has gone to the media with their pictures of her at the party or pictures of them standing next to her car, or video. Have they given them to LE? I have no idea but you would expect some to leak out to media by now. Other than her friend's public statements and the phone ping(s), what objective evidence do we have about when she arrived and when she may have left that party?

Agreed. I have seen LE state several times they are confident somebody saw her, somebody knows something, but nobody has come forward :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10