Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they've said anything about her phone case.
Only SS has said that KR's phone case has a SexWax brand sticker on the back. But LE has not publicly stated that.

Last edited:
Has LE released a description of her cell phone or case? (Though they kind of all look alike.)
I saw a picture a couple days ago of Kiely and her phone was next to her on the ground. It was face down, black and you could see that there was a sticker or logo on the back of it. I'll try to find it.

Last edited:
Thank you to @SMK777 and @pandamonium for helping track down the Day 6 presser for new item #10, below.

Here is the current list of LE / MSM verified facts. Please note what is NOT in this set of facts...

1) 6pm store surveillance image of KR with description of KR's apparel (black body shirt, green dickies, vans, etc.)

2) gold necklaces KR may have had

3) two sweatshirts / hoodies: a) KR wore a pink & white one at the Prosser Camp party per video; b) a black one she had

4) confirmation KR was at the Prosser Camp party

5) a text to Mom from KR's phone at 11:30pm

6) final ping from KR's phone at 12:33am from party location (near water and land)

7) KR may have gone somewhere after the Prosser Camp party (not to home?)

8) make, model and license plate # of KR's car (2013 Honda CRV, CA 8YUR127)

9) ram sticker is on back window of KR's car, below the windshield wiper.

10) some adults are trying to discourage people and possibly teens coming forward with information

Again, did I miss or misstate anything?
Some additional background life facts for KR:

Lives with family at Lost Trail Lodge
Graduated in 2022 from Forest Charter school
Plans to attend Sierra College outside of Sacramento to study music
Works at Chá Fine Teas of Truckee

I saw a picture a couple days ago in an article of Kiely and her phone was next to her on the ground. It was face down, black and you could see that there was a sticker or logo on the back of it. I'll try to find it.
I was looking for the same thing, and DBM'd a post because none I found were MSM.

I think when LE gets access to KR’S phone records (texts made and received during party, contact information traded during party, etc) they may find a nice new list of people to interview if anyone has indeed been less than forthcoming (I don’t know how long it takes to get that info from the phone company, I assumed a couple,of weeks at a minimum). When both my sons (now 23 & 30) went to this type party at end of senior year it was up at a friend’s lake house not the woods, a few parents were present who collected keys but there was a lot of alchohol and pot, and kids from all high school grades and on into college who’d gone to the local high schools (three large high schools in area). My sons both came home with phone and social media full of new contacts of kids they’d not known before who’d be going to the same college they were going to/or were already students there which was a state college an hour down the road (GO, GREEN). Both my boys were popular in their groups, mature, social kids much like what KR is described. I think it’s a pretty common way for kids to do when they meet.
Without her physical phone, the only way they'd be able to directly access her text messages is if her iCloud was set to store text messages. I don't think this is the standard setting though.

Her phone records themselves would show who she communicated with however, and and any texts could be potentially obtained from the phones of those she communicated with. In following lots of cases on here, it doesn't take as long as you'd think, especially when the missing person is a minor.

They'd also subpoena all her social media (companies), her email providers, and Apple. So I'm sure they'd have no shortage of people they'd want to speak with.

Agree! Thanks for adding this. I recalled hearing the “as much land as water”, but couldn’t locate a link.
And I think when you look at the closest cell tower to the party area that KR’s phone probably pinged off of and draw a line between the two, it’s easy to understand why LE is not sure whether it was on land or in the water. Pings can be very accurate, but some studies have shown they can also be quite inaccurate; which information has been used by many a defense attorney. Even an “accurate” ping may have a location radius of up to 3/4
of a mile.
This is an interesting article about cell phone pings:

Attachments

• 04116A66-A302-428E-BEEE-2312877B8C66.jpeg
    04116A66-A302-428E-BEEE-2312877B8C66.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19
I’m glad that you listened! Absolutely a good point, and certainly could have happened that way. I don’t know what to think, because her car was there so even without a phone, she could have slept there and then left in the AM. But definitely gets more dangerous without a lifeline.

Also, if SS story is accurate, KR called her at 12:33/12:36 AM a few minutes after SS left, asking about whether she still needed a ride. Which makes me think she had her phone at that point (unless there is something missing or wrong about that conversation). And, if she was asking SS if she still needed a ride, I figure that someone had offered to take her home and KR was extending the offer. It’s all jumbled in my brain.
My problem is that LE has never said that KR last spoke to a friend at 12:36 or even 12:33. If they are trying to find out what happened after the phone went dead, why have they never mentioned this? Has LE looked at SS’s phone?

I found a news source which mentions where Kiely graduated from. Apologies to the mod for the clean up in previous.

Rodni recently graduated from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee. She graduated from the school early, a friend told FOX40 on Monday. The school shared a missing flier of Rodni on its Facebook page on Monday.

at this point I would like to see law enforcement head to a junkyard, pick up the same model car and run it off the boat ramp to see where it goes. Tie a small float to it and follow it. There must be some flow out of the reservoir that would influence where the car would end up. This could give them an idea of where the car could be and help in the search

at this point I would like to see law enforcement head to a junkyard, pick up the same model car and run it off the boat ramp to see where it goes. Tie a small float to it and follow it. There must be some flow out of the reservoir that would influence where the car would end up. This could give them an idea of where the car could be and help in the search
I would throw some ping pong balls in there to get an idea of direction... Wild guess is the opening at the end where the dam is drives the flow towards the deeper parts of the reservoir. So long as the car remained partially buoyant; i.e. it didn't completely touch the bottom, it could have been dragged by the current the entire length of the reservoir.

We were talking a lot about the boat ramps on the last thread. The one nearest the party is called the Prosser Lake Reservoir Boat Launch Ramp on Google maps.
I’ve attached a map of the area which includes the approximate party site marked by a yellow star, routes in green which are the most direct routes out to Hwy 89, and a route in red which, had KR taken a wrong turn, would bring her to the closest boat ramp. I’m also including a few other photos of the ramp area which can be found on Google maps. It should be noted that some of our locals have said the water level at the lake is currently higher than what shows in the photos.
ETA I think it’s easy to see how one of the ramps could easily be mistaken for a paved road on a dark night, especially if one is under the influence.

Attachments

• 8E3FFC86-FBC9-451E-9A01-AA28F4A12A36.jpeg
    8E3FFC86-FBC9-451E-9A01-AA28F4A12A36.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 82
  • D2F9DC93-D5C7-4C9E-85E0-BFDD80CF886F.jpeg
    D2F9DC93-D5C7-4C9E-85E0-BFDD80CF886F.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 69
  • F7C4B546-F002-48E6-BED3-8833B08369B6.jpeg
    F7C4B546-F002-48E6-BED3-8833B08369B6.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 71618427-E44F-4E00-BED7-60AEF10B1D20.jpeg
    71618427-E44F-4E00-BED7-60AEF10B1D20.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 83
Some additional background life facts for KR:

Lives with family at Lost Trail Lodge
Graduated in 2022 from Forest Charter school
Plans to attend Sierra College outside of Sacramento to study music
Works at Chá Fine Teas of Truckee
I would maybe take out planning to attend Sierra College. From the Interview with her mum and step-dad I transcribed a few days ago, it would appear that she hadn't decided yet.

"...And her plans for the future, because she has so many interests about so many things really, her two primary interests and passions are science and music, and so she still is in the process of deciding if she wants to pursue a career in medicine - being a surgeon, or if she wants to pursue a career in music and both of them, you know, we have been supporting her, in just this journey, of finding what path forward will fulfil her most, and her spirit as a human in life..."

"We're still just waiting for her to come through the door," Rodni's mom, Lindsey Rodni-Nieman, told NBC Bay Area on Tuesday.

"Her friends who were there with her at the party have been nothing but so, so cooperative and so courageous in coming forward and sharing their stories," Rodni-Nieman said. "We have such a love for all of her friends and are really appreciative of them working so hard and just being so open to work with everybody and being so honest to share everything that they do know."

I found a news source which mentions where Kiely graduated from. Apologies to the mod for the clean up in previous.

Rodni recently graduated from Forest Charter School, a public school in Truckee. She graduated from the school early, a friend told FOX40 on Monday. The school shared a missing flier of Rodni on its Facebook page on Monday.

This has been discussed here in previous threads. Kiely graduated from this school, but it is still unclear if she actually attended, on campus, daily, or at all, or if she was perhaps a homeschool student, as we know she was in her earlier years. The school offers several learning options. From their website...

Many families in the rural communities of Nevada City, Truckee, Foresthill, Auburn, and the surrounding areas are seeking flexible educational opportunities outside of the traditional public school environment. Forest Charter School allows students more independence and freedom while continuing to adhere to California state standards. Students can explore a wide range of curriculum options and learn in the environment that works best for them, whether that’s homeschool, the classroom, or a mix of both.

Last edited:
ETA I think it’s easy to see how one of the ramps could easily be mistaken for a paved road on a dark night, especially if one is under the influence.
You probably already saw this, but on a previous thread, a local had posted photos of the Prosser Lake Reservoir Boat Launch Ramp and it was indeed paved and looked just like a regular road but led directly into the water. No significant incline or anything, and I believe it would be very easy to mistake it for a road especially in the pitch black of night. I have not been able to get that picture of the boat ramp out of my head ever since seeing it because it looked like such a normal strip of pavement, except that it just went straight into the water. :/

@NameUser genius train of thought here, like it.

Not to be the morbid one in the group but its been a long time for her to be out there with no food, if say she were lost or hurt somewhere. Perhaps some cadaver dogs should be introduced to the search, I have not seen any mention of them in this case but again I could have missed it and if so my apologies. These dogs have amazing noses, they can detect even a few drops of blood even if buried under cement as well as decomposition many many years later on land an in water. At least maybe a clue of where she is not, or where she is. All I'm saying is it couldn't hurt to try anything at this point nearly 2 weeks later.

You probably already saw this, but on a previous thread, a local had posted photos of the Prosser Lake Reservoir Boat Launch Ramp and it was indeed paved and looked just like a regular road but led directly into the water. No significant incline or anything, and I believe it would be very easy to mistake it for a road especially in the pitch black of night. I have not been able to get that picture of the boat ramp out of my head ever since seeing it because it looked like such a normal strip of pavement, except that it just went straight into the water. :/
You’d think they could at least paint BOAT RAMP on it in giant letters with reflective paint or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy