Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was she parked? It sounds like a big party with 300 people - not that easy to park, and get out of the parking area. Was anyone arriving at the party at 11:30 PM ?

How could she leave and no one saw anything?
I really wouldn't get too hung up on the number 300. Again, that was on the high end of estimates that when first reported started at around 100, and we know people came and went during the party. Also, Kiely apparently drove at least one friend, and it seem sonly logical that many drove others as well, probably even several carloads. Lastly, a local who lives there and knows the area said he thought parking 75 cars there would be a task, with them lined up and down the road. JMO

Last edited:
Hey all. I’ve been following along since this story broke, and just now signed up to join the discussion. Lots of great theories and insight this far. Something I haven’t seen mentioned (apologies if I missed it) is the suggestion for LE to visit the auto salvage/junkyards in the general vicinity. I can’t help but think of the Teresa Halbach case (Making a Murderer), and how her car was so well concealed in a remote section of Avery’s junkyard. I have a strong inclination that Kiely’s CRV may well be sitting in such a location. The owner/operator of the yard may not even be aware of it.

In the interview with SS, she states that the phone call from KR that came in at 12:36 AM was an actual phone call and NOT a text.

SS Says -
"it was not known that anybody was going to give her a ride home she was not when she called me she was not in a car i
28:49
could hear the party and people many people talking in the background"

It was not a text that was delayed because of an absence of cell towers. She says that she spoke to KR and that KR was obviously at the party as she could here the people and the music.

AMOO

The last ping from Kiely Rodni’s cellphone has placed the missing teenager at the edge of a lake at the campground where she was last seen more than one week ago.

Captain Sam Brown of the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office revealed at a press conference on Sunday that the last known location from Kiely’s cellphone was at around 12.30am close to Prosser Lake – the constructed reservoir that goes around the campground.

He said that it is difficult to get an “exact pinpoint” for the cellphone location data and that it is also possible that the cellphone did continue to ping after that time.

“The ping for the data points was near the water. It’s hard to tell an exact pinpoint,” he said.

“Just because it was last pinged there, that doesn’t mean that’s where the phone stopped pinging. There’s lots of reasons why those notifications or data points could be lost.”

Interesting. But cell phone could been thrown in the water or unfortunately she might be there. Sonar equipment.

We don't know where Kiely was between being seen on CCTV at a store at 6pm, and getting to the party at 10pm.

That's 4 hours unaccounted for, and as her Mom hasn't said what Kiely was up to that afternoon/early evening, this indicates that:

A) Kiely's Mom didn't know where she was.
B) Kiely wasn't at home.
C) Nobody has come forward and said Kiely was with them before the party.

Which makes me question who she was with and where she was with them.

MOO.

Last edited:
We've been asking those questions for 3,000+ posts now. No answers. jmo
So no one saw her vehicle leave the party, her last contact was 3 minutes after her phone was dead, so maybe her vehicle was moved first? Farther down the beach from the main party area?

Was her car moved from point 1 to point 2 while she was on the beach, last ping? I know this is stretching it regarding how no one saw her vehicle at the time she left the party, but maybe two people are involved in her disappearance. That is, one was with her, one got her keys and moved the car down the beach. Is that remotely possible?

1660797417940.png

It's simple, really. The only social media content that can be discussed here has to come from the victim or police/press release.

6:08 PM - last video image
11:30 PM - requested curfew extension
12:01 AM - left party
12:33 AM - dead phone
12:36 AM - last phone call

It's understandable that investigators want to keep the details of the ongoing investigation out of the media.
SS states she arrived at 9pm
Then says KR arrived about an hour later.

It's simple, really. The only social media content that can be discussed here has to come from the victim or police/press release.

11:30 PM - requested curfew extension

It's understandable that investigators want to keep the details of the ongoing investigation out of the media.
Hi, where is the 12:01 info coming from? I haven’t seen anything mentioning that time or her leaving the party. TIA!

SS states she arrived at 9pm
Then says KR arrived about an hour later.
Thank you - not confirmed but 2-3 hours at a party, coherent enough to be granted a curfew extension of 1 hour 2 hours into the party. Who was with her when she called her mom - who did she tell her mom she was with. Why did she want to stay out later? I'm guessing her mom asked a couple of questions before extending curfew.

9-10 PM - arrived at party
11:30 PM - requested 1 hr curfew extension

Last edited:
Thank you - not confirmed but 2-3 hours at a party, coherent enough to be granted a curfew extension of 1 hour 2 hours into the party. Who was with her when she called her mom - who did she tell her mom she was with. Why did she want to stay out later? I'm guessing her mom asked a couple of questions before extending curfew.

9-10 PM - arrived at party
11:30 PM - requested 1 hr curfew extension
That information has not been released. jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Certain media are trying to sensationalize this whole situation and act as if this is connected. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh thank you. I wasn't sure if this had been put out yet or not. So sad.

Hi, where is the 12:01 info coming from? I haven’t seen anything mentioning that time or her leaving the party. TIA!

AFAIK the only things mentioning midnight are this .....

"August 6, 12 a.m. - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 a.m."

And this ....

"Placer sheriff's spokeswoman Angela Musallam said Kiely told friends at the party that she wanted to go home around midnight."

That information has not been released. jmo
Which information - the time that she was at the party?

We know that she was not yet at the party at 6:08 PM, and she was last seen at the party around midnight. That means the maximum time she was at the party was 6 hours, but that seems unlikely. Spilt that, it's more like 2-3 hours at most.

Which information - the time that she was at the party?

We know that she was not yet at the party at 6:08 PM, and she was last seen at the party around midnight. That means the maximum time she was at the party was 6 hours, but that seems unlikely. Spilt that, it's more like 2-3 hours at most.
According to her friend SS who arrived at the party at 9 pm, Kiely arrived an hour later at approx 10 pm

My gut feeling says that Kiely, her car, and her phone are not in one place if she's been abducted. Because if we try to think the way the abductor thinks, he will try to dispose of the phone first to stop all the tracking and then the car. It may have been possible that he drove the vehicle himself taking advantage of Kiely's vulnerability and to remove all the fingerprints, ditched the car into the water

Just my opinion
This is what I’ve been thinking also. JMO it’s possible some guy led her to believe he was going to help her get home safely, drove away from the area and then abandoned the car somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77