Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall being at many parties that were winding down and spontanously changing plans from going home to going to another party, especially when I was under 21. "Joe's parents are out of town and they have alcohol, we're going there!!"
Partying, especially when underage, is very sporadic.

Parties will end for many reasons: got busted, someone got injured, fights start happening, or things just started winding down. As mentioned above, the remaining people who are in the loop will just move locations.

If KR left a party when there was an urgent reason to leave, they may have headed/tried to head for a different hangout. It's nighttime, they're probably disoriented from drinks, and possibly on the phone looking at directions or texting other partygoers.

Many variables. Hopefully those with information about after parties come forward, as it would give LE a clearer route.

This case is tough to untangle. I think that's because at least one of her "friends" is not being "totally honest," and LE seems to be playing this close to the vest in many ways (which I can't disagree with in the absence of all of the knowledge they have). For some reason I get Twin Peaks vibes from this whole situation (smart/popular kid goes missing in small, insular, isolated town).

Some observations and questions:

1. When and where was (and what was she wearing in) the last sighting of KR that was confirmed by LE?
2. <modsnip - no link to an approved source to statement made as fact>
3. <modsnip - no link to an approved source to statment made as fact>
4. Where was KR and where were her friends (and what were they doing) between the time KR was recorded on video at gas station store and the next/last confirmed sighting(s) of her?
5. Why would KR's friends not clarify for days (until LE did) that she was not wearing the black sweatshirt, but instead the white & pink one? LE said they were both relevant, so it seems likely that she changed sweatshirts at some point. Why would she decide to do that (or did someone else do that?)? Blood (from a fight? ... fighting mentioned as traditional part of party(ies) there)? Vomit (if someone saw her vomit, it would be hard(er) for them to explain letting her drink more, ingest substances, letting/making her fight, not finding her a ride home, and/or leaving her unattended with strangers, etc.)?
6. Why would SS leave her young, inebriated "close friend" mostly (or completely) with "sketchy," much older strangers in the woods past midnight, with no known ride for her (other than driving her own vehicle), and assume she wouldn't drive home while intoxicated and would instead either find a ride home (from a sketchy stranger or two?) or sleep there (alone in her car amongst a bunch of sketchy strangers?) until morning?
7. Was there some "special" thing or event already awaiting KR that night, a night she previously didn't plan to be there? A fight, a challenge, a substance??

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I’ve been thinking also. JMO it’s possible some guy led her to believe he was going to help her get home safely, drove away from the area and then abandoned the car somewhere else.
when was she reported missing? the next day, right? so her car could have been in another state by then... I an assuming not in Canada or Mexico because there would be pictures, but....10 hrs of driving...draw a 600 -1000 mile circle.

<modsnip - no link from an approved source>

So if someone (she knew or stranger who seemed nice enough as her guard was down) had said to her look I have not been drinking let me drive your car and you home, if the car had then left the campsite would it have been likely to have been soon picked up by road traffic cameras/CCTV, and given it has not been (I assume or we’d have heard) it must still be on or close to the campsite?

Basically could a car drive quite far away from that campsite without having to be picked up by any cameras once on the ‘main’ roads to leave the area?

This case is tough to untangle. I think that's because at least one of her "friends" is not being "totally honest," and LE seems to be playing this close to the vest in many ways (which I can't disagree with in the absence of all of the knowledge they have). For some reason I get Twin Peaks vibes from this whole situation (smart/popular kid goes missing in small, insular, isolated town).

Some observations and questions:

1. When and where was (and what was she wearing in) the last sighting of KR that was confirmed by LE?
2. Why did KR and SS become sudden friends their senior year? The first two things that come to mind aren't rock n roll.
3. KR's mother, (on and off/ ex-?) boyfriend, and one of her best friends attended a car show in Reno (I think that's why they all went there, although not all together? perhaps I'm wrong) and she initially planned to also go with her mom, but then changed her mind. Why did KR change her mind not long (hours? day(s)?) before the party? Who changed her mind? What were the possible motivations of someone else for changing her mind (did they have something "special" lined up for her?)?
4. Where was KR and where were her friends (and what were they doing) between the time KR was recorded on video at gas station store and the next/last confirmed sighting(s) of her?
5. Why would KR's friends not clarify for days (until LE did) that she was not wearing the black sweatshirt, but instead the white & pink one? LE said they were both relevant, so it seems likely that she changed sweatshirts at some point. Why would she decide to do that (or did someone else do that?)? Blood (from a fight? ... fighting mentioned as traditional part of party(ies) there)? Vomit (if someone saw her vomit, it would be hard(er) for them to explain letting her drink more, ingest substances, letting/making her fight, not finding her a ride home, and/or leaving her unattended with strangers, etc.)?
6. Why would SS leave her young, inebriated "close friend" mostly (or completely) with "sketchy," much older strangers in the woods past midnight, with no known ride for her (other than driving her own vehicle), and assume she wouldn't drive home while intoxicated and would instead either find a ride home (from a sketchy stranger or two?) or sleep there (alone in her car amongst a bunch of sketchy strangers?) until morning?
7. Was there some "special" thing or event already awaiting KR that night, a night she previously didn't plan to be there? A fight, a challenge, a substance??
I think it has been acknowledged that the friends also used drugs. Thinking was impaired including capacity to weigh risk.

A brief observation. MOO

SS

"AND THEN WHEN I LEFT THE PARTY; WE WERE PRETTY MUCH ON 89 WITH MY RIDE AND UM SHE CALLED ME AS I WAS IN THE CAR IN THE PASSENGER SEAT"

Note: SS says "I" (singular) left the party," not we. She then jumps to "we were pretty much on 89". How far from the party is "89"?

Who is "we", and "my ride"? (Passive) Passivity is used to conceal identity and or responsibility.
Why does she feel the need to conceal gender and or name?
Has she been asked to?
Also, she does not say she was on "89" but "pretty much on 89". Was she?

I WAS IN THE CAR IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.

There is a lot here.

(1) Why does Sami emphasise she was "In the passenger seat". For her to mention something that most would not, it is very important to her or she would not mention it, why?

(2) Was it her driving and does not want to say so because she was under the influence and also why she omits who was with her, if anyone? Were there others in the car?.

(3) Has this other person(s) come forward or was he/she under the influence, too.?

I WAS IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.

(4) No, she doesn't say that. She says.."I was in the CAR passenger seat. If we take what SS says is truthful and we should. Why tell us she is in "the car" when she has already said she was "preety much on 89", we wouldn't think she was walking. It is almost like she has to convince us she/they were driving, (89) were they? Was she stationary when she KR called, and if so, why and where? Was she driving when KR called to talk to her. This would mean not only she was driving under the influence but talking on a phone while driving. Is this why she emphasises she was "in the car passenger seat" Was she even in a "car"?

I believe Sami is holding back information surrounding her ride from the party. I don't believe, however, (at this time) she has any involvement in kielys disappearance.

MOO

ETA.
WE WERE PRETTY MUCH ON 89 WITH MY RIDE. If SS was on her own with her ride, why does she say "we". Should it not be "I" was with my ride, To say "we", this suggests there were others?

moo

Last edited:
Re: driving, "in the passenger seat", etc.

Yesterday when we were discussing driving impaired? I had second thoughts admitting I had ever done so, and to all of you (except for anyone behind the scenes, I guess) I am an anonymous avatar, sharing a bit of something I did more than 30 years ago.

There are no consequences for me, but I still felt nervous.

I can't fault a teen in the middle of this for holding back IF they were behind the wheel while impaired. It is a pretty dangerous, and stupid thing to do, and even if LE isn't pursuing it, there could still be other consequences.

This is what keeps sticking for me.

I find young people these days super protective of one another, moreso than when I was a teen 20 years ago even. I can't get past that her "friends" left her alone in this place with sketchy people to drive home alone. Especially kids who grew up in the mountains and I'm assuming skiing and doing other outdoor sports. The buddy system is a big part of that lifestyle. And yet we have Kiely who was allegedly fall down drunk being left to her own devices. I just really struggle with believing that, unless these "friends" weren't as good of friends as is being reported.

It's just a suggestion. Can we have a google sheet, excel sheet, or something wherein we can keep track of all the events according to dates or all the theories? It can be accessed by all and can be regularly updated as we proceed with the investigation because sometimes it's hard to catch up. New at this but I'm trying to hold up <3

jmo

I'm trying to cover all.angles of this <modsnip>, so hopefully this post is allowed...I have been looking at criminal activity in the area I don't know if anyone has noticed but within an hour radius of truckee ca there has been multiple arrests of trafficking rings in the Month of july.. this concerns me because for a trafficking ring an hour radius is not that far.. so much focus on her driving into water I don't want any other possibility of finding her to slip by if she is out there and needs help..

This is what keeps sticking for me.

I find young people these days super protective of one another, moreso than when I was a teen 20 years ago even. I can't get past that her "friends" left her alone in this place with sketchy people to drive home alone. Especially kids who grew up in the mountains and I'm assuming skiing and doing other outdoor sports. The buddy system is a big part of that lifestyle. And yet we have Kiely who was allegedly fall down drunk being left to her own devices. I just really struggle with believing that, unless these "friends" weren't as good of friends as is being reported.
Do we absolutely know for sure the friends did not check in with her before leaving? Maybe they did, and she had found someone else to hang out with, and insisted that she was fine and told them they could go. And if she’s drunk, and they’re drunk, everyone involved is ok with this arrangement and the friends leave. I know I’ve been in that situation before- felt comfortable somewhere with my friends leaving, and told them to do so. Just a thought. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member