Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is weird that the car has not been found. it would take multiple people to hide a car, IMO and muliple people usually cannot hide everything. If the car was stolen- I am always amazed how quickly they find people fleeing in cars- most fugitives ditch cars repeatedly and steal another just to evade tracking by LE and then LE finds the abandoned cars and closes in IMO.

Thank you!

@RedHaus Can this be added to the timeline?
Hi @Beekarina. I believe this is in the separate thread for this case on 'timeline material'. If not, feel free to add that Inside Edition quote from SS.

The list I am trying to keep are the LE or MSM verified facts for this case so far. That should mean they are facts that have been corroborated with other sources. A quoted statement from someone is just that - their statement.

Last edited:
Ok. That’s what I thought I remembered, but sometimes I get these cases confused.

IMO, LE appeared to be frustrated with not receiving any information from particular people. Enough so, that they announce it publicly. Why would someone withhold pertinent information that could possibly help find a missing child?

I know, I know, the whole academic/scholarship debacle, BUT we are talking about KR’s LIFE!
The only way I could see not giving up any information is because you are guilty of far more than just drugs, drinking, etc... JMO.
Maybe these are just scared teens, but LE has set up an anonymous tip line, along with assurances of no legal repercussions for the partying. So, what are they scared of?

I still think tragic accident is the likely scenario, but this is really making me scratch my head. MOO.
Well hypothetically speaking, and I hope it's not the case: if she did OD and she's gone, they could very well rationalize to themselves that coming forward isn't going to bring her back. pure speculation. maybe they wouldn't have the experience to understand how much a secret like that ultimately weighs someone down for the rest of their life. pure speculation.

in high school, I once spent an entire day making croissants. Teens can definitely be into gourmet cooking. Creme Brulee though isn't really a "portable" dessert so it does raise an eyebrow.

I agree, @flckrct this is very likely.

It also ties to at least two of the verified LE facts - 1) last ping on KR's phone at 12:33 (per your scenario, when she called SS and then turned it off), and 2) KR may have gone somewhere else after the Prosser Campground party.

So if your theory has legs, and it seems many here think it may, do you have further insights as to what may have happened to KR after she left Prosser or I should say, after she turned off her phone (e.g. maybe she was not alive when she 'left')?
I think the next logical step is that she followed a small group of people/line of cars to a 2nd location (vacant house?) and an OD occurred. Panic ensued, everyone scattered, and she’s still there. This small group is scared sh*tless and no one will talk.
Id like to ask the locals @Truckeeite @truckeelife @TruckeeLocal: what time of year would the majority of homeowners return to these 2nd homes? In winter to ski? Or next summer?

A picture of it is on Twitter, but it's a private poster so I don't think I can bring it up here. Picture of a sticker like it. View attachment 360321
Good one! wondering if Mr. Zogg made a skateboard wax, so

1660889726855.pngIOW skaters do use Mr. Zoggs lol. the aforementioned skateboard culture. Someone ^^ mentioned KR was not wearing the Lana Del Rey hoodie others think she was. She might
have been connecting with other skaters unknown to her. The black hoodie could have belonged to another skater and it was left in her car when they were going back and forth.

Last edited:
A brief observation. MOO

SS

"AND THEN WHEN I LEFT THE PARTY; WE WERE PRETTY MUCH ON 89 WITH MY RIDE AND UM SHE CALLED ME AS I WAS IN THE CAR IN THE PASSENGER SEAT"

Note: SS says "I" (singular) left the party," not we. She then jumps to "we were pretty much on 89". How far from the party is "89"?

Who is "we", and "my ride"? (Passive) Passivity is used to conceal identity and or responsibility.
Why does she feel the need to conceal gender and or name?
Has she been asked to?
Also, she does not say she was on "89" but "pretty much on 89". Was she?

I WAS IN THE CAR IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.

There is a lot here.

(1) Why does Sami emphasise she was "In the passenger seat". For her to mention something that most would not, it is very important to her or she would not mention it, why?

(2) Was it her driving and does not want to say so because she was under the influence and also why she omits who was with her, if anyone? Were there others in the car?.

(3) Has this other person(s) come forward or was he/she under the influence, too.?

I WAS IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.

(4) No, she doesn't say that. She says.."I was in the CAR passenger seat. If we take what SS says is truthful and we should. Why tell us she is in "the car" when she has already said she was "preety much on 89", we wouldn't think she was walking. It is almost like she has to convince us she/they were driving, (89) were they? Was she stationary when she KR called, and if so, why and where? Was she driving when KR called to talk to her. This would mean not only she was driving under the influence but talking on a phone while driving. Is this why she emphasises she was "in the car passenger seat" Was she even in a "car"?

I believe Sami is holding back information surrounding her ride from the party. I don't believe, however, (at this time) she has any involvement in kielys disappearance.

MOO

ETA.
WE WERE PRETTY MUCH ON 89 WITH MY RIDE. If SS was on her own with her ride, why does she say "we". Should it not be "I" was with my ride, To say "we", this suggests there were others?

moo
good observation. It could be that she wanted to make it clear that she was not in control of the car so she couldnt turn around to go to her friend.

I think the next logical step is that she followed a small group of people/line of cars to a 2nd location (vacant house?) and an OD occurred. Panic ensued, everyone scattered, and she’s still there. This small group is scared sh*tless and no one will talk.
Id like to ask the locals @Truckeeite @truckeelife @TruckeeLocal: what time of year would the majority of homeowners return to these 2nd homes? In winter to ski? Or next summer?
Truckee has two major high seasons, summer and winter. We are still in summer high season. I'm in a predominantly second homeowner neighborhood and there are a ton of people here right now. Lower season will run from after Labor Day until the holidays. It's not as quiet as it once was though because many people moved up here during covid.

They could have sussed out a home that is never used. They could have had a complicit parental figure or other relative or older friend.

Even if this is what occurred, they didn't necessarily leave the car and her there. It's one possibility. Another is that they took unmonitored roads and dumped both, like in Boca or Stampede or in heavily forested area that nobody would think to search.

A brief observation. MOO

SS

"AND THEN WHEN I LEFT THE PARTY; WE WERE PRETTY MUCH ON 89 WITH MY RIDE AND UM SHE CALLED ME AS I WAS IN THE CAR IN THE PASSENGER SEAT"

Note: SS says "I" (singular) left the party," not we. She then jumps to "we were pretty much on 89". How far from the party is "89"?

Who is "we", and "my ride"? (Passive) Passivity is used to conceal identity and or responsibility.
Has she been asked to?

There is a lot here.

(1) Why does Sami emphasise she was "In the passenger seat". For her to mention something that most would not, it is very important to her or she would not mention it, why?

(2) Was it her driving and does not want to say so because she was under the influence and also why she omits who was with her, if anyone? Were there others in the car?.

(3) Has this other person(s) come forward or was he/she under the influence, too.?

I WAS IN THE PASSENGER SEAT.

(4) No, she doesn't say that. She says.."I was in the CAR passenger seat. If we take what SS says is truthful and we should. Why tell us she is in "the car" when she has already said she was "preety much on 89", we wouldn't think she was walking. It is almost like she has to convince us she/they were driving, (89) were they? Was she stationary when she KR called, and if so, why and where? Was she driving when KR called to talk to her. This would mean not only she was driving under the influence but talking on a phone while driving. Is this why she emphasises she was "in the car passenger seat" Was she even in a "car"?

I believe Sami is holding back information surrounding her ride from the party. I don't believe, however, (at this time) she has any involvement in kielys disappearance.

MOO

ETA.
WE WERE PRETTY MUCH ON 89 WITH MY RIDE. If SS was on her own with her ride, why does she say "we". Should it not be "I" was with my ride, To say "we", this suggests there were others?

moo

There might be lot of things SS is not telling (I am not sure that when the girls were charging phones in the car, this is all they were doing, JMO). However, I think LE knows the true story, and if they agree with SS’s version of events, it is for a reason.

Her and Kate were making brûlées.

Fancy portapottys?
Cinder block square building with a door that locks. No lights. Maybe 12' x `12'... There is a "vault" beneath the structure.
It takes serious consideration & attention to keep them relatively pleasant.
However, the campground facilities weren't close by...
CA has fairly relaxed rules about "dispersed" camping. They chose a wide spot along the road with good options for lights and music... Good room, places to park cars.
There are no sandy beaches as a member who lives in Truckee has advised us.
Minor thought that just meandered through... Music? Lights? Generator? Wonder what the noise level was? Would you hear someone call for help over music and the sound of a generator running? Just a thought...

I must say, that was a pretty bold statement for LE to make, IMO. A couple threads back? LE said some were not cooperating, and then at the presser, they state that had been cleared up right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Now, LE make a statement to specifically call out those that are not cooperating. It appears to me they are truly frustrated by this. It definitely has me doing a double take on my theories. JMO
I had wondered if they had hoped more people would come forward after the FBI and outside law backed off. Maybe now they are seeing not even that helped.

Truckee has two major high seasons, summer and winter. We are still in summer high season. I'm in a predominantly second homeowner neighborhood and there are a ton of people here right now. Lower season will run from after Labor Day until the holidays. It's not as quiet as it once was though because many people moved up here during covid.

They could have sussed out a home that is never used. They could have had a complicit parental figure or other relative or older friend.

Even if this is what occurred, they didn't necessarily leave the car and her there. It's one possibility. Another is that they took unmonitored roads and dumped both, like in Boca or Stampede or in heavily forested area that nobody would think to search.
Do you think most of these 2nd homes have cameras/alarm systems? That’s a problem with my theory.

And I guess I lean toward saying she’s still there because the idea of hiding a body and a car brings the actions of these young people to a much darker level than just leaving her to be discovered.

Do you think most of these 2nd homes have cameras/alarm systems? That’s a problem with my theory.
Some do. Some don't. There even are some buildings around that look abandoned. Local kids might be specifically aware of some houses that haven't had anyone there in years. There's a house up the street that I didn't see a single car or light there for years. Their outside wall is covered with wood pecker holes and then finally after years of neglect they had a restoration company come out and start fixing other damage.

If the OD is what happened though, it could have been a house where the parents were out of town that weekend. Local kids would probably also know where they could take a car and body that were unlikely to be found anytime soon.

good one! or...like you said, she was following a small group of cars, and went off the road or smashed into a tree

I am sorry if this has been posted

I think, the partiers might be tight-lipped, first, because talking might imply lots of other kids who have “issues” with substances.

Also, ironically, if the group KR was in went somewhere else and continued partying, and then she disappeared - they are afraid to say even what they remember for fear of being accused if she is found, while not fully knowing what happened to her.

Also, when SS came forward and the Internet duly exploded with her “being suspicious and leaving her friend”, I was thinking, at this stage, the most effective strategy to prevent anyone else talking is to criticize SS. SS might be liked or disliked, but it is obvious that with KR’s friends, one just needs to accumulate information, not to judge.

The restroom discussion jogged a memory. There is a restroom on the boat ramp road. It’s located near the group campground, (Prosser Ranch Group). This is about .4 miles from the area where the party was. What if Kiely decided to use this restroom before she began her drive home.? She has been left by her friends at this point and maybe doesn’t feel comfortable going to pee in the woods by herself. If she decided to drive over there, maybe she was assaulted by someone who was lurking in that area, and who was not necessarily a fellow party goer, when she was getting in or out of her car.
Another thought I had was perhaps she drove down to the “beach” or ramp area with someone she met at the party to make out or just talk and things went wrong. In this scenario the perpetrator throws KR’s phone into the lake and drives off with her in her car.
I think a lot of us think that a drive off a ramp or ravine is the most likely cause of KR’s disappearance and with no new info forthcoming, it’s getting harder to come up with different plausible scenarios.
Perhaps AWP will get us some answers in the coming days.

Attachments

• 389B4EFD-CB74-4E2D-ACDF-597A2F7B4B82.jpeg
    389B4EFD-CB74-4E2D-ACDF-597A2F7B4B82.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 12
Are we allowed to post factual videos from Vimeo?

There's a PI who has posted accurate videos of what it's like driving from the party site back to town. It would give people a better sense of the low scrub brush in many areas here.

Yes Truckeeite, the videos give members a good idea of the surrounding area. You may post the link to these particular videos at Vimeo.

Thanks for checking !!

SB :)

A brief observation. MOO

SS

Has she been asked to?

There is a lot here.

My take on this is that SS wants to emphasize that she wasn't talking on the phone while driving. Of course she already described that she had gotten a ride home with others and thus logically wouldn't be driving.

I think the "pretty much" on 89 comment is because the conversation with KR took a minute or two to play out, and maybe SS's ride was "approaching" 89 when KR called, but not quite there yet. From the maps we can see that, depending on exactly where the party area was, it looks like it's between 1-2 miles to get to 89. So it wouldn't take long at all. KR/SS phone call could easily have happened before/just as the car reached/turned onto 89.

And I guess I lean toward saying she’s still there because the idea of hiding a body and a car brings the actions of these young people to a much darker level than just leaving her to be discovered.
I wonder how common it is for second home owners to arrange for a high school kid to "keep an eye on the place" rather than pay a property management company. Can locals say whether that's a thing in Truckee?

It seems unlikely to me that a group of kids would have gone to any house they're not supposed to have access to, just due to the prevalence of Ring cameras around every neighborhood. So if there was some kind of after-event, I'm thinking the home (with absent parents) of one of the attendees, or the lodging wherever the out-of-town visiting attendees were staying, or else someplace isolated/remote enough that Ring-type cameras weren't a concern.

MOO

The restroom discussion jogged a memory. There is a restroom on the boat ramp road. It’s located near the group campground, (Prosser Ranch Group). This is about .4 miles from the area where the party was. What if Kiely decided to use this restroom before she began her drive home.? She has been left by her friends at this point and maybe doesn’t feel comfortable going to pee in the woods by herself. If she decided to drive over there, maybe she was assaulted by someone who was lurking in that area, and who was not necessarily a fellow party goer, when she was getting in or out of her car.
Another thought I had was perhaps she drove down to the “beach” or ramp area with someone she met at the party to make out or just talk and things went wrong. In this scenario the perpetrator throws KR’s phone into the lake and drives off with her in her car.
I think a lot of us think that a drive off a ramp or ravine is the most likely cause of KR’s disappearance and with no new info forthcoming, it’s getting harder to come up with different plausible scenarios.
Perhaps AWP will get us some answers in the coming days.
If she used a restroom, there would be DNA in it... would LE have checked any "faciities" when she was reported missing? Or was everyone focused on finding a person at that point? I would think all structures would have been searched but I do not know about swabbed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members