Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BeReal is not like Snapchat or other apps. You have no control over when to post a BeReal pic. At random times of day you get a notification from the BeReal app and you have 2 minutes to snap a pic with your phone and post it. Once that 2 minutes is up, that's it. You cannot delay or post it later. The whole point is that there are no filters or time to edit or stage pics - thus "Be Real".

No one has said that a BeReal notification randomly went out during the party. I think one person mentioned they hoped it would.

If you regret the BeReal you posted, you may delete it but it doesn't delete itself like Snapchat does. And if you do delete your latest BeReal you

cannot delete the next one. And so on.

very dumb question but can others who see it then capture this spur of the moment picture and then save it. sorry question mark does not work on my laptop.

UGH
I am so upset about this I had to DBM earlier !!!

I understand the possible fear of coming forward, HOWEVER, there is a young girl MISSING.

They need to reiterate to these "party goers/ parents/ etc and ask them...
What if it was YOUR son/daughter/sibling/friend/ parent that is missing ?????

Wouldn't they want people to come forward for them??

You bet they would.

Very Selfish and Karma is a B*^$%*

Thanks for letting me vent.

#findKiely
Yes, well, just to explain. A portion of the population in Truckee is what I would call California elites. Truckee and the Tahoe area has grown in population, and the growth is coming from San Francisco, San Jose and LA. There are a lot of boutique type shops around, and obviously a lot of money in the area.

I guess my point is that a lot of people involved in this party have parents with lawyers, and in at least one case a parent that is a lawyer. I'm not making an accusation, just an observation.

I think one of the questions asked is very interesting. I can't copy and paste, but the question asked to LE is if this is done because of due diligence or if they have received a tip leading to this. I don't think LE will answer this question, but it's a good question.
Due diligence I imagine; law enforcement always seems to look at local sex offenders during an abduction case. Although there is no evidence of an abduction here, we do know they have explored that possibility.

That being said, I'm sure some of the tips they've received have been from idiots googling sex offenders and then asking law enforcement "have you looked at this guy?"

very dumb question but can others who see it then capture this spur of the moment picture and then save it. sorry question mark does not work on my laptop.
I'm under the impression that yes the image "saves" insofar as it is viewable on your account (you can only delete a post once a day) and you can also screenshot or share on Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media platforms

One misdemeanor arrest of a 28-year-old Truckee man was made on Thursday, Aug. 18, and the police department is planning to file criminal charges against another, said a post on Facebook.

The sweep was in partnership with the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, Placer County Probation Department and the Auburn Police Department.

No, others cannot save it, they can only screenshot it. But the app will notify you that someone screenshotted it and will tell you who. It's considered ban manners to screenshot. If the poster wants to share their BeReal publicly or share it to Snapchat or other apps, they do it from their own app settings. jmo

Wonder what the colleges are going to think about these kid's characters when they find out they didn't help LE with this investigation.
What College would know you were a part of this investigation and did not speak? Unless the kids put in on their application that they were at the party under accomplishments?

Unless the police posted a list of uncooperative kids?

so with the kids adamant not to cooperate, it increases my leaning toward the "something happened" and it's being covered up theory

if say she turned off her phone to go to after party. maybe a small group witnessed what occurred and even if it was an "accident," everyone knows lately cases where the suppliers of drugs are being charged with homicide. there's been fentanyl in the area or it could be old fashioned alcohol poisoning

it would potentially explain the weirdness and contradictions in some witnesses' stories

local kids would know where to hide a car where it wouldn't be found for a long time, I'm sure. or could still be in a garage somewhere. so many vacant houses here. or we all even know of cases where parents have helped their child cover up a crime to avoid consequences (Flores case).

This is pure speculation.

I think of the 2000 Mules research where without a warrant they were able to get all that cell phone data. and I wonder if LE is pursuing the route of simply figuring out which phones were at the party and where they went. now if they all turned off their cell phones to go to the after party .. well if a bunch of phones suddenly went off at 12:33 am that would also be interesting data
well stated @Truckeeite that would be something

One misdemeanor arrest of a 28-year-old Truckee man was made on Thursday, Aug. 18, and the police department is planning to file criminal charges against another, said a post on Facebook.

The sweep was in partnership with the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, Placer County Probation Department and the Auburn Police Department.
Good. This happened at the start of the Libby and Abby case also. RSO’s that were out of compliance were given a hard look. A positive side effect of another investigation, IMO.

Sad to say I am wondering if these people at the party were just so drunk/high that they have mumbled memories and can't really remember anything coherently. I imagine that might be true for some anyways. The rest of them, I don't understand why they won't talk.

Makes me wonder if fear factors in here as well?

Some of the young people there have to be pretty freaked out that they were at a party in the woods and someone who was there has now been missing for 2 weeks. Even if she isn't a close friend, they probably at least knew of her, or knew someone who knew her. It probably wouldn't be enough to stop the partying, but I bet a lot of these kids feel wary, especially if anyone or anything gave them bad vibes beyond simply being "sketchy."

Placer Co Sheriff's page:

As part of the investigation into Kiely Rodni’s disappearance, Truckee Police, along with #PCSO and regional law enforcement partners from the Placer County Probation Department and the Auburn Police Department (CA) conducted sex offender compliance sweeps throughout the Truckee/North Tahoe area. The operation, which occurred on Thursday, August 18th, resulted in several sex registrants being found in violation of their terms, with one arrest being made and criminal charges to be filed on another.
The Truckee Police Department routinely conducts similar sweeps and is committed to aggressively pursuing prosecution of those offenders found to be out of compliance with any probation or parole terms.

There is a reason no one is talking. First, I don't believe there were in excess of 200 people at this party. The amount of cars alone would have been staggering. There are approx 800 or less parking spaces at a typical Wal-Mart. Imagine what 100 cars looks like parked. Regardless, we only have on picture for reference and a little over a dozen kids. I would imagine there were more, but no where near the amount told by SS. Also, you have to consider from a young persons perspective. I'm not implying that SS did anything to her, but is not being totally honest. Had there been even a hundred plus people, someone would have spilled by now. 50 even. There is no group of teens and young adults, so tight, that they would all cover and with that many people, someone knows what happened or where she is at, or at the very least who she left with. The mafia would have a hard time keeping 50 peoples mouths shut. From the beginning, I have assumed that the party was much smaller, and by the midnight hour, was smaller still. Someone will speak up for lack of wanting to go down for someone else. With a much smaller crowd, it is also more likely that more than a couple of people were aware of her presence and what she was doing around midnight/30. Even people who witnessed something that should not have been happening may be keeping tight lipped because of what even an idiot perceives as culpability. My thought, keeps going to more testosterone than estrogen in the group, mixed with adrenaline (fighting), and the pure stupidity of young men when in a group, most likely led to a very bad situation for a child who was far too young to be left in those surroundings.

I think the next logical step is that she followed a small group of people/line of cars to a 2nd location (vacant house?) and an OD occurred. Panic ensued, everyone scattered, and she’s still there. This small group is scared sh*tless and no one will talk.
Id like to ask the locals @Truckeeite @truckeelife @TruckeeLocal: what time of year would the majority of homeowners return to these 2nd homes? In winter to ski? Or next summer?
@flckrct along this same theory I posted couple threads back that LE should contact all property management companies, real estate companies, VRBO, airbnb, homeowners associations, homeowners and perform a wellness check on their second home. There are approx. 6700 homes in Tahoe Donner area that I feel at this point should be checked/cleared. Especially after what happened in Walton County, Florida where 100 teens broke into that house for sale on Florida panhandle shoreline, partied and destroyed it, well documented on MSM. If AWP clears the Prosser Res this weekend, the circle gets wider. One of the locals mentioned that this could be done with relative ease as I believe LE has already mentioned potential that an after party was possible. AMOO

Wonder what the colleges are going to think about these kid's characters when they find out they didn't help LE with this investigation.
Surely it's none of the college's business?
What happens in a students private life shouldn't affect their academic life.

As long as there is no major criminal behaviour, refusing to give a statement is fine. If they don't want to and are not legally obligated to do so, it is a valid choice.

Makes me wonder if fear factors in here as well?

Some of the young people there have to be pretty freaked out that they were at a party in the woods and someone who was there has now been missing for 2 weeks. Even if she isn't a close friend, they probably at least knew of her, or knew someone who knew her. It probably wouldn't be enough to stop the partying, but I bet a lot of these kids feel wary, especially if anyone or anything gave them bad vibes beyond simply being "sketchy."
I'm sure they are afraid and maybe even afraid of repercussions of drug/alcohol use even though LE has stated they basically "don't care" about that. I think if I were their age I would be fearful. At the same time though that's up to the parent's to go to their child and state "I know you were there, do you remember anything important that may help?" etc encourage them to come forward. It's all so frustrating. :(

Hi Sorry I got busy and not sure if somebody else posted these videos. They are from a PI who drove the actual route from the campground into town. It gives an accurate sense of the scrub brush terrain out there, the remoteness of the location, and also how far you drive before houses and buildings (with possible cameras) would be on the side of the road

Driving route from Prosser campsite to town:

Drone footage during sunset of Prosser Reservoir:

Drone footage of campsite in comparison to the Prosser Reservoir:

Driving route from Prosser campsite to town:

Wow! Thank you so much for doing this!!

The video from the campsite to town is excellent and shows how many little roads there are leading off the little road. Especially between the 4m:55s and 5m:07s part of the video.

How easy it must be to get confused and take a wrong road during daylight hours and being sober!

I can't image doing journey that at night while under the influence of alcohol/drugs.

Paranoia and dear could kick in, to add to confusion, and you could end up anywhere.

MOO.

What College would know you were a part of this investigation and did not speak? Unless the kids put in on their application that they were at the party under accomplishments?

Unless the police posted a list of uncooperative kids?

One of the articles quoted LE saying something like the kids aren't going to like it if they don't start talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member