Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of that too—I just wonder if people still smoke (stinky?) weed in their cars anymore when it’s mostly legal in CA, and one is in the great outdoors in the middle of a party… the “getting into the car to smoke” seems maybe like a least likely option to me…? But yes, should def also be counted as a possibility. Thanks!
Yeah, in my experience - if you have only enough for 4 people, you duck out of sight to share with who you choose and avoid moochers. Same goes with beer, cigs, etc!

Honda CR-V LX models made from 1996 to 2006 had an optional five-speed manual transmission. I don’t think Honda Pilots ever came with a manual transmission in the US. Kiely’s 2013 CR-V was AWD. Honda’s Real Time AWD automatically adjusts and senses road conditions. From Honda:

“Honda Real Time AWD™ with Intelligent Control System takes a front-wheel-drive vehicle and adds a rear differential. When driving a Honda AWD car in less than ideal road or weather conditions around Southbury, it can detect when it’s losing traction and will automatically engage the rear differential with a multi-plate clutch system. By engaging the rear wheels the vehicle will be operating with AWD. A traditional AWD system will often experience a lag before it fully engages. The Honda Real Time AWD™ and Intelligent Control System makes the transition from 2WD to AWD virtually instantaneous. This is done through an electric motor on your Honda AWD sedan’s transmission which smoothly and seamlessly engages the rear wheels. Most drivers may not even notice that the shift to AWD has even happened.”

Honda CR-V LX models made from 1996 to 2006 had an optional five-speed manual transmission. I don’t think Honda Pilots ever came with a manual transmission in the US. Kiely’s 2013 CR-V was AWD. Honda’s Real Time AWD automatically adjusts and senses road conditions. From Honda:

“Honda Real Time AWD™ with Intelligent Control System takes a front-wheel-drive vehicle and adds a rear differential. When driving a Honda AWD car in less than ideal road or weather conditions around Southbury, it can detect when it’s losing traction and will automatically engage the rear differential with a multi-plate clutch system. By engaging the rear wheels the vehicle will be operating with AWD. A traditional AWD system will often experience a lag before it fully engages. The Honda Real Time AWD™ and Intelligent Control System makes the transition from 2WD to AWD virtually instantaneous. This is done through an electric motor on your Honda AWD sedan’s transmission which smoothly and seamlessly engages the rear wheels. Most drivers may not even notice that the shift to AWD has even happened.”
Welcome to Websleuths, @LooksSusToMe. Does this case look sus to you? If so, what are your thoughts about it? Even if not, same Q. Are you a local (you don't have to answer that last Q if you don't want to. :)).

I lived in South Lake Tahoe for a year. Truckee is a really small town. I can see how the teens get bored and plan these parties in the woods. In my opinion, it was likely a tragic accident. I think she tried to drive home impaired and tried to take a shortcut along the beach to bypass other cars thinking she could perhaps drive through some shallow water with her car and be fine. If she took shrooms, her perception of where the water was could have been even more distorted. We don’t know for sure if she did anything more than alcohol, but she was likely drinking per witnesses. If there is another party involved, other than the adults who supplied the kids with alcohol, it could have been a second car or cars that ran her off the beach and into the water. Maybe they were all doing donuts and racing down on the beach, and she got side swiped or hit or ran off the road. The other kid probably drove away and didn’t say anything. The thing that troubles me is that not one of the 400 partygoers saw/heard a car go into the water.

If there is another party involved, other than the adults who supplied the kids with alcohol, it could have been a second car or cars that ran her off the beach and into the water. Maybe they were all doing donuts and racing down on the beach, and she got side swiped or hit or ran off the road. The other kid probably drove away and didn’t say anything. The thing that troubles me is that not one of the 400 partygoers saw/heard a car go into the water.
RSBM

I wondered about the donuts thing. I brought that up upthread.

As for your last sentence... we don't actually know that. LE might know something but just hasn't revealed it to the public. But I'm with you. From where I stand (or sit. lol) it appears no one is saying anything. Hopefully we'll hear more soon about details that haven't been put out there yet. :)

Appreciate your take on things. :)

I apologize if this has already been asked or if it’s a dumb question, or if I’ve just misunderstood something… but why is Nevada LE involved? Shouldn’t it be California’s investigation? I’m just curious.
Truckee is in Nevada county, California. Nothing to do with the state of Nevada.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I really do not know what happened, and that's the thing. None of us know.

For now, the wondering why no one (as far as we have been told) saw Kiely leave, (and also the condition of those roads/trail) is enough for me to wonder if she went down to the water intentionally. And if others did as well.

I do not personally lean towards any of the scenarios where someone had any premeditated intent to harm her. What I cannot rule out based on what we know is a scenario where she was slipped something, or took something that rapidly impaired her, the horsing around (either alone or with others), or some other unknown event (like falling asleep, car rolled in, got stuck and wrong gear, etc.)

Making her way down there, drunk, and going right un the water IS definitely possible. I'm not arguing against it. I'm just not 100% convinced OF it.
But that is still complacency, however on the part of the other attendees.

But that is still complacency, however on the part of the other attendees.
There was a whole lotta complacency going on, IMO. These teen parties apparently go on year after year at the Prosser Sanctuary, as well as at other nearby reservoirs. Local LE and possible parents have turned a blind eye to the underage drinking, the lack of lighting, the lack of suitable barriers between roadway and water.

It was an absolute recipe for disaster.
And here we are.

jmo

The Honda with the manual may have been a Passport, thinking back? I had a manual '03 Element when my friend had the larger SUV that was also a manual. Not that it really matters, just noting in case it ever comes up while anyone else is searching and finds this thread. The Honda Passport looked a lot like a Pilot, and I don't remember which model year that ended and the Pilot began? Early 2000s? Their vehicle was a couple years old.

A theory IMO that would be acceptable is that maybe Kiely wrecked her car
at an after party so that is how the rumors got started she might have been at an after party...but somehow the car got fixed. Could she have argued with someone and then left the after party alone, maybe it was near one of the lakes AWp searched first, but then on the way she realized she needed to stop at prosser and maybe stay and thats when she accidentally drove to the lake. Trying to see how both accident and after party could be true. LE
could have already had all of this info and had no reason to share it with us. Maybe LE had this info but they did not believe she returned to prosser because they had already searched it. After searching both lakes near after party AWp decided to take the gamble, LE begged off and then voila, AWp finds her. Someone must have called in a valid tip to the cos about the after party though.

Correct. The first generation Honda Passport (1993 and 2002) was basically a Isuzu Rodeo and was available in a 5-speed manual.

I only know this, because I have two 2013 Hondas. The new Passport is sized between the Pilot & CR-V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla