Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A group of volunteer divers who travel across the country in hopes of solving missing persons’ cold cases joined the search for Kiely Rodni Saturday.

Doug of AWP says in this video that there were "several parties at Prosser that night, as well as this lake (they were at the Boca Reservoir), as well as Stampede". I may have missed it somewhere in the many threads but I don't recall hearing about multiple parties at multiple locations that night? At least not confirmed at those locations specifically.
I guess AWP probably isn't technically a confirmed source but they are certainly closer to this case than most. The afterparty theory is looking more and more interesting.

He also mentions that there are multiple roads leading from Prosser "directly to" Boca. It starts at about 2:50 in the above video.

editing to add: All the confusion around the timeline leading up to her disappearance, conflicting witness statements etc would make a LOT more sense in the context of multiple parties taking place in close proximity.

Last edited:
I've not heard of any text messages or phone calls after 12:33. If the 12:33 ping is Kiely calling SS we have SS verifying the call and LE may have already gone over this with SS and possibly SS's phone. If the 12:33 is the last ping LE can find then there are likely no texts or phone calls after 12:33.
Yes, and if LE has determined that the last ping was a result of KR calling SS, they have chosen not to confirm that fact for whatever reason.

Never noticed how many songs are about turning 17 until now! This one caught my attention, fwiw.
'''This is yet another song that perfectly describes the beauty and complexity of being a 17 year old. When you are young, there is a carefree attitude that can be hard to embrace when older. That is why most people who talk about being 17 in a song must speak about being free. This song is not an exception; it highlights different scenarios in the life of a free young girl''
I do think the 17 has a significance bur it may be between the group of friends...jagger also has a tattoo of a heart with 17..so it may mean something to that group of friends ...

Perhaps Kiely was uncomfortable driving home alone in the dark if she was tipsy. SS might have said she’d be leaving soon, so Kiely asked for just a little more time to wait for SS to be ready to go. Then SS decided not to ride with her after all.
I think that SS agreed to leave with KR at 12:15 when they were sitting in the car at 11:00. I believe that was why she was so concise with the time when she asked her mother for the curfew extension.
SS said she said goodbye to KR in person at 12:25 and then got a call from her at 12:36 asking if she still wanted a ride. Since this alleged call was not a text we will likely never know what was actually said that night. Did KR plead with SS to come back and ride with her for the very reason you stated?

Airbnb in Tahoe would be there. But there are folx who would get one in truckee because maybe the cost is less or their intentions are to do outdoors stuff rather than party
So, as Tahoe is more of a party town than Truckee, is it possible that Kiely could've gone to another party in Tahoe?
Or would Reno be closer/easier? Does that have a party vibe like Tahoe too?

Well, except SS obliquely narrated that they were in the car and she remembers that she, SS, wanted to stay awhile longer. She remembers Kiely texting her Mom asking to stay later which sounds more like Kiely offered to take her home.
Then SS said they got out of the car and she later looked for Kiely to tell her she was leaving with X. Which sounds to me like she hadn’t seen her amidst the multitude for 30-45 minutes, so how would SS know Kiely had become incapacitated before she ran into her/found her to tell her at 12:25 that she was leaving with someone else? 12:25? That precision catches my attention.
Maybe someone sent SS a message at 12:25 saying whoa- we need to leave.
Then at 12:30 a rush to leave began. Did someone pull a gun? Threaten someone somehow?
IMO there a gaping holes in the narrative and scenario in general.
At 10:30 Kiely coherently and thoughtfully messaged Jagger. At 11:30 she messaged her mother, fully cognizant of the time.
At 12:33 she called SS and I think she called worried, to confirm that SS had gotten a ride, not because she was obliterated and had forgotten that SS had told her she was leaving with someone else only minutes before, as SS elaborately explained in an interview.
What happened between them? Until the car, battery charging etc episode and then leaving the car and going separate ways, SS states that they had been virtually inseparable. It’s murky, isn’t it?
MOO
Yes, details are often murky when there is a large gathering of people partying, especially when there is an abundance of drugs and alcohol.

After Kiely, SS, and other friends were drinking shots around 11:00 pm in the car, the effects may have come on quickly. That might be one reason why Kiely called her mom telling her she would be a little late. Maybe she wanted more time to sober up and say goodbye to friends. Or maybe she stayed longer because SS wasn't yet ready to leave.

It's possible that SS just 'thought' she told KR she had a ride, but forgot. That might explain why she was confused when K called again to ask if she still needed a ride.

It seems that Kiely was looking out for her friends, but nobody was looking after Kiely. I would think someone at least walked her to her car or asked if she was ok to drive. When I grew up, the slogan, "Friends don't let friends drive drunk," was ingrained in our heads.

I don't understand this generation. It's as if everyone is just looking out for themselves.
I'm sure Kiely's friends wish they had done things differently. Hopefully they have learned from this and will be more careful in the future.

Doug of AWP says in this video that there were "several parties at Prosser that night, as well as this lake (they were at the Boca Reservoir), as well as Stampede". I may have missed it somewhere in the many threads but I don't recall hearing about multiple parties at multiple locations that night?
RSBM

Yes, @technicallymissing. That caught my ears for sure. That Friday night sure sounds like it was a crazy partying time (and yes, I believe alcohol and multi-drug induced). And yes, while not confirmed by LE specifically, I think it may be why LE has stated they think KR went somewhere else that night. This tidbit from AWP strengthens the idea that there was an after party (ies). It also may explain the apparent confusion about departures from Prosser. Those who left at around 12:30 am (speculation still) may have gone to party somewhere else - another campground near another lake. I still think whatever happened to KR happened in the wee hours of 8/6, like 1-3am. And likely it was not at Prosser Campground.
ALL IMO.

A group of volunteer divers who travel across the country in hopes of solving missing persons’ cold cases joined the search for Kiely Rodni Saturday.

I find it particularly interesting that AWP began their search at Donner Lake, as I was under the impression that they were going to begin at Prosser. I wonder what intelligence they have that led them to that decision. The gentleman mentioned other parties at other specific campgrounds, including Stampede and Boca, also occurred that night, and while we had heard rumors of afterparties, we had heard of no locations, and I sense that thoughts from locals on here focused more on unoccupied second homes as potential locations. With all of the attention that has been given Prosser Reservoir already, I now feel it is probable that Kiely did meet up with the older people at Prosser, left that party, either alone or with someone, and ended up going to another location to continue partying. If she made it there safely, I fear something bad happened to her there, either accidentally or as the result of criminal activity on someone else's part, and she and her car may have been disposed of in water in one of those lesser searched lakes. JMO

Last edited:
I'm responding to a comment from the previous thread: Has there been any confirmation that the police broke up the party? If LE broke it up, I would assume they would have confirmed this, right? I don't think the party was ever broken up by LE.

I had made the comment that unless police came to break up the party, there wouldn't have been a specific ending time. I am not suggesting that it was broken up. :)

I'm responding to a comment from the previous thread: Has there been any confirmation that the police broke up the party? If LE broke it up, I would assume they would have confirmed this, right? I don't think the party was ever broken up by LE.

I had made the comment that unless police came to break up the party, there wouldn't have been a specific ending time. I am not suggesting that it was broken up. :)
LE did not go out to Prosser to break up the party, but it is possible that something specific could have happened that caused a large number of partiers to leave in a mass exodus, fearing that LE may be called to the scene. A big brawl that left someone seriously injured perhaps, or a medical emergency on someone's part? I am not suggesting that anything like that happened, but merely pointing out that if it did, and lots of attendees were underage and engaging in illegal activities, they probably would not have wanted to stick around, waiting for the cops to show up. JMO

Last edited:
You still have to answer the question of "where is the car?" A car is much harder to hide than a body. Sure, you can torch it, but someone can still find it and police can find the VIN (you are not scratching all of them off in a reasonable amout of time).

The search has to start with finding the car. After that, you can branch out to other theories depending on whether or not Kiley is inside the vehicle when it is found, what condition the vehicle is found, and the location of the vehicle as it relates to LE's thoughts on the probible area of travel.
I was going over possible scenarios In my head, and I can’t think of any way to destroy all evidence of a car other than dismantle to (chop shop style) and destroy the vin plates, catalytic converter and whatever else has a traceable evidence. Unless, I’m forgetting something obvious (which happens), the abduction scenario where the completely dismantle her car (seems like a lot of work when they could wipe it down or torch it) is the only way he car would have no chance of being found.

I find it particularly interesting that AWP began their search at Donner Lake, as I was under the impression that they were going to begin at Prosser. I wonder what intelligence they have that led them to that decision. The gentleman mentioned other parties at other specific campgrounds, including Stampede and Boca, also occurred that night, and while we had heard rumors of afterparties, we had heard of no locations, and I sense that thoughts from locals on here focused more on unoccupied second homes as potential locations. With all of the attention that has been given Prosser Reservoir already, I now feel it is probable that Kiely did meet up with the older people at Prosser, left that party, either alone or with someone, and ended up going to another location to continue partying. If she made it there safely, I fear something bad happened to her there, either accidentally or as the result of criminal activity on someone else's part, and she and her car may have been disposed of in water in one of those lesser searched lakes. JMO
That is interesting, because I've read that other than a few places, it would be very difficult to accidentally drive into Donner Lake because of the number of houses and trees lining the edge. However, I did do a Google street view and there are definitely gaps in trees in places that a car could fit through. Donner Lake is really deep, too (328' at max depth!), which to me would seem like it would take them quite awhile to obtain sonar images of anything that may be at the bottom.

I was going over possible scenarios In my head, and I can’t think of any way to destroy all evidence of a car other than dismantle to (chop shop style) and destroy the vin plates, catalytic converter and whatever else has a traceable evidence. Unless, I’m forgetting something obvious (which happens), the abduction scenario where the completely dismantle her car (seems like a lot of work when they could wipe it down or torch it) is the only way he car would have no chance of being found.
I think we can safely rule out that her car was torched somewhere. In an area that is particularly vulnerable to wildfires, any vehicle fire would have quickly been noticed and reported. I also think that while the theory pops up in almost all cases that involve missing vehicles, the chop shop scenario seems unlikely. We all know that they exist, but how many of us personally really knows where one is? It isn't like they advertise online. Driving the vehicle into water, pushing it down a steep ravine, or even parking it in a busy parling lot and walking away are all far more likely, imho. JMO

Well, except SS obliquely narrated that they were in the car and she remembers that she, SS, wanted to stay awhile longer. She remembers Kiely texting her Mom asking to stay later which sounds more like Kiely offered to take her home.
Then SS said they got out of the car and she later looked for Kiely to tell her she was leaving with X. Which sounds to me like she hadn’t seen her amidst the multitude for 30-45 minutes, so how would SS know Kiely had become incapacitated before she ran into her/found her to tell her at 12:25 that she was leaving with someone else? 12:25? That precision catches my attention.
Maybe someone sent SS a message at 12:25 saying whoa- we need to leave.
Then at 12:30 a rush to leave began. Did someone pull a gun? Threaten someone somehow?
IMO there a gaping holes in the narrative and scenario in general.
At 10:30 Kiely coherently and thoughtfully messaged Jagger. At 11:30 she messaged her mother, fully cognizant of the time.
At 12:33 she called SS and I think she called worried, to confirm that SS had gotten a ride, not because she was obliterated and had forgotten that SS had told her she was leaving with someone else only minutes before, as SS elaborately explained in an interview.
What happened between them? Until the car, battery charging etc episode and then leaving the car and going separate ways, SS states that they had been virtually inseparable. It’s murky, isn’t it?
MOO

We also know SS, by her own admission, was "quite inebriated." She admits things were "jumbled." She apparently did not drive to the party and she knew she would need a ride home. She mentions driving while intoxicated is not smart. (Good choice!)

She seems to be the primary source of information about the party, but her own admitted level of intoxication probably makes things murky. I don't mean to imply she is being intentionally untruthful about anything that happened, but being inebriated she certainly could have events out of order, and/or times they went to Kiely's car, who said what to who when, that sort of thing confused and combined.

This is why it is really unfortunate her POV is the only one loud and clear, especially about the end of the night. I hope LE has heard from more partygoers who have shared anything. So far the only one we know of is Elsa, who stated she saw Kiely around midnight. I do not recall any details around that though. Only that she saw her. Everything else is SS, who was drunk.

Editing to add source for Elsa, for anyone who may be new: Timeline: The disappearance of 16-year-old Kiely Rodni

Last edited:
Doug of AWP says in this video that there were "several parties at Prosser that night, as well as this lake (they were at the Boca Reservoir), as well as Stampede". I may have missed it somewhere in the many threads but I don't recall hearing about multiple parties at multiple locations that night? At least not confirmed at those locations specifically.
I guess AWP probably isn't technically a confirmed source but they are certainly closer to this case than most. The afterparty theory is looking more and more interesting.

He also mentions that there are multiple roads leading from Prosser "directly to" Boca. It starts at about 2:50 in the above video.

editing to add: All the confusion around the timeline leading up to her disappearance, conflicting witness statements etc would make a LOT more sense in the context of multiple parties taking place in close proximity.
I wonder if the Mods would allow AWP to be an approved source? They seem to be so professional, thoughtful and thorough. How would we ask them? I hope it is ok to post this here. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288