Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be interested to see where it exactly was. They said a few hundred yards from the campground but are you telling me that no one heard or saw a vehicle enter the water?
I've always thought if this was foul play, a car could be quietly pushed, in neutral, no headlights. It'd just float a bit and then sink. No loud noises or splashes.

Sad ending, but it comes as no surprise, as this was a prototypical car/water/accident scenario.

These guys are absolutely unbelievable, but I wasn't confident they'd be able to find her, let alone find her so fast.
After watching their videos, I had a feeling they would find her in her car, if it was there. They understand how to assess a possible accident site, type of car, etc. The speed of the car, how long it floated, drift or currents, etc. They and their equipment do the rest.

They're experts at what they do. I think a lot of folks assume when a car goes into water that it sinks right there. They actually can take a while to sink, and when they do, they've usually drifted away from the shore.

RIP young woman and condolences to her family and friends.

Last edited:
Let’s not borrow trouble folks. Sometimes the most obvious thing is what happened. That appears to be what happened here. As a teenager we feel invincible. She went out with friends to have a good time. Unfortunately some decisions don’t work out the way you think they will. Let’s all just take a breather and send love and positives vibes to everyone who loved and cared about Kiely. That’s what matters. Your being right or wrong does not.

<modsnip" Quoted post was removed> I look back over my younger days and thank god I’m still here! Same with raising my two boys, there’s no telling what I don’t even know they did!

This is nothing more than a very tragic accident. Does it hurt any less? Absolutely not. May the family and friends find peace and comfort somehow. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew they would find her. Thank you AWP. I never can find the right word to say I’m so relieved she’s been found, yet so heartbroken she’s been found. I don’t believe there’s ever closure when you lose someone, but you can’t begin to heal until the bleeding stops…and not knowing where they are and what happened is a never-ending assault on the families left behind. I am so thankful for every professional and amateur and every effort great and small to stop the bleeding and let these families begin their journey to healing. I can’t imagine, my heart and thoughts are surrounding her family today.

Wow, I had been home all day, stepped out for about an hour, and came back to this. Kiely, rest in peace. You accomplished so much in your short time here, and had your whole life ahead of you! You did not deserve this! Much remains unknown, but if this apparent accident proves not to be, may any who had any role or culpability be held responsible. I wish to extend my sincere condolences to the family, and those who truly loved you.

To the amazing searchers from AWP. I am so sorry that you had to find this young lady, but so grateful that you were willing to come and try, and so very grateful that, because of your work, she can be returned to her loved ones and properly laid to rest. God bless you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member